Socal War In Feb

YANO anyone?

74 replies to this topic

#26 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 07:46 PM

Yeah, well... I'm hoping for around 20 too. It has been a while since Armageddon, turnout may be stronger than I anticipated.

As noted in my post somewhere back there on the first page, homemades and copper/brass 5ks will be prohibited. I'm going with Vacc/Spoon's definition of homemade here: Anything where the power source is non-Nerf would be a homemade. Likewise, anything where the power source is a 5k air tank would be a 5k... you get the picture.

In the past I've brought excess micro stefans to the wars, that isn't going to happen this time cause my life is too busy now. Make/buy enough darts for yourself and expect to lose a bunch. Mark em if you want em back!

Sounds like we're going to have more than enough people for a fun time. Anybody who's bringing a bunch of friends, make sure you forget to pick up the dipshit who won't count hits, mmmkay? Right.

#27 mr box

mr box

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 08:17 PM

Yeah I'm in...95%. It's marked on all the calendars in my house, but my parents tend to throw tantrums when grades come out.
"Oh and Box, you have quoted me incorrectly so fix your sig!"
~Spoon

#28 rawray7

rawray7

• Members
  • 549 posts

Posted 14 January 2003 - 11:47 PM

Anybody who's bringing a bunch of friends, make sure you forget to pick up the dipshit who won't count hits, mmmkay? Right.

i think steve brought that dipshit...i only brought the dipshits who yelled at that dipshit, and whined about him being a dipshit. i am hoping my brother's friends grew up a little since last time, or i am not bringing them.
You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun. -neonerfer

#29 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 01:33 AM

Cxwq: I've only got enough FBR and to be bringing around 60 brass micros. Any way you can send me some more of the FBR we use? I've got plenty of weights and glittery glue, and I should have some free time to make a bunch of darts.

Glad to hear you're in (almost) for sure Box, it'll be cool to hang with you again.

Oh, and to ALL nerf war prospective attendees: Please for the love of GOD take your TIME and make some QUALITY micros. The average quality level of any micros not made by Cxwq or I at the wars is akin to just shooting handfulls of poop. Make some darts that will HIT something. Thank you.
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#30 mr box

mr box

• Members
  • 100 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 01:40 AM

Spoon you know my darts kick ass.

Now I just have to find that ziploc bag that was full of them :mellow:
"Oh and Box, you have quoted me incorrectly so fix your sig!"
~Spoon

#31 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 01:45 AM

Send you some FBR?

We live like 15 miles apart dude.

Tell you what, I'll meet you at The Hat on Imperial Highway in Fullerton for lunch tomorrow and give you some.

#32 silent mercenary

silent mercenary

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 01:34 PM

I can come for shure. :mellow:
I will not walk, so that a child may live!

- Master Shake

#33 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 09:28 PM

I just talked to Barney, he's definately in. He said he can give you a ride Zack, no problem. I also told him to talk to Nick and Paul, we'll see what they say. Hot damn, I'm getting a tad excited. Rock!
Two roads converged in the woods, and I took the one less traveled......and now I don't know where the hell I am.

#34 Iceman17

Iceman17

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 15 January 2003 - 10:09 PM

I think i might have been counted with rawray but im in

#35 Batman

Batman

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 12:24 AM

Heres the deal. From the ground up. We found out about the forums about a week ago. (Hurts that no one could contact us, but hey, we understand lol) we've been watching to see how things were, realitivly keeping our mouths shut as to what we plan on doing. The problem for us with "YANO", is that the date is bad. Heres the date we could deal with. Either the day before, which is a Saturday, which we'd be missing one imprtant member (Do to him annoyingly being in a school play). Or next Saturday, and we could bring as many as we could fit. We can not come on any Sundays from now on. So that kills that for us. Next issue is...uhhh...This new site...Looks pretty darn nice, and I give props to you guys, good job. Also, I would like to be able to post articles. How would I go about submiting an article? Sorry about not saying anything, we were curious as to how everyone was. O yeah! One other thing, I NEED A SM5000!!!!! My gosh! Mine was stolen from me awhile back, so I'm gunless right now; so if you find a store selling them, tell me, its of the utmost importance.Anyway, its nice to see you all again...well, hear from ya'll. I hope to see you at "YANO", but I understand either way. Later. :angry:
www.Gainsae.com

#36 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 12:56 AM

Send any articles you want to me at vacc@nerfhaven.com . If they're good, we'll post them and give all due credit. Thanks in advance for any such submissions.

VACC

#37 neonerfer

neonerfer

• Members
  • 400 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 02:08 AM

Alrighty...I included Jon in the count for my crew. I've talked to the group, and it'll probably be around eight people or so. I didn't bring that little twirp, but he's my friend's younger brother. I don't know, I didn't want him to come, but my friend's mom was driving us, so there wasn't much I could do. He's not coming to any wars, anytime soon though, I'll make sure of that. I've got about 30 micros or so...I lost a few at a nerf war a while ago. I'll see if I can get my BBB brassed, then whip up some nice micros. If not, I'll just stick with my pvc-crayola with airjets. If I'm feelin' really cool, I'll finalize my grenade, I've developed a way to not use airsoft BB's, but you get the same effect, nerf-wise. I'll try to get my landmine done, it's basically just a stationary homemade with a remote, but I think it's gonna be pretty cool. Mmmmmm, foamy.
"Do not question that which is. Question that which will never be."

#38 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 02:47 AM

Sucks about not being able to do Sundays at all from now on since that's traditionally been the day of foamy death in Irvine. Oh well, traditions are made to be changed but unfortunately, for this war at least, I've got to keep it on Sunday the 16th. My Saturdays are pretty hosed for at least two weeks on either side of that date.

Sorry you guys can't make it but now that you've finally showed up here you can be involved in the planning for the next YANO or LANO and we'll make sure it's a more suitable date.

BTW, I tried to email Kevin about a week ago when this topic first went up but the email he used on the old forums was no longer valid... so it goes.

#39 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 03:15 AM

Sorry you won't be there on Sunday dude, I'd love to nerf with you guys again. Either way I'm glad you guys will be at the next ones. I was hearing reports that you guys didn't nerf anymore, but I refused to believe it. :>

#40 Batman

Batman

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 12:00 PM

Kev's email changed because his webtv went weird, so he changed alot of stuff. And that e-mail dont work anymore.

And its cool that you guys can't change the date. I understand, being actual adults and all, you guys actually have lives. lol. Who knows, maybe we'll show up decently late. What time does it end again?
www.Gainsae.com

#41 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 18 January 2003 - 04:17 PM

It's 9am-5pm. Hope you guys can make it, if not we'll definately see you at the next war.

#42 silent mercenary

silent mercenary

• Members
  • 158 posts

Posted 20 January 2003 - 01:38 PM

steve toms not coming for sure.
I will not walk, so that a child may live!

- Master Shake

#43 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 21 January 2003 - 07:17 PM

Mopping up unanswered questions and restating things that some people missed...

One article of camo clothing is permitted. Do not do all camo. Don't do all black for that matter. Our goal here is to look like kids having fun not Saddam's Youth Brigade or like we're straight out of the Matrix. PR is important. Besides, in the urban area grey pants and tan shirt would be your most effective camo.

Homemades and brass/copper 5k's will not be permitted. Don't even bring them. This includes grenades, landmines, etc.

Eyewear is absolutely required. Even the vets. I'm gonna bring along my chem lab safety goggles for anybody who forgets this rule. Whoever gets them will look like a major dork.

I think I'm done being a dick... for now. As you were.

#44 Batman

Batman

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 22 January 2003 - 12:24 AM

Ahh, the days without eye protection...memories...Then....BAM! Your best friend blasts ya in the eye...Don't ya just hate when that happens? :(
www.Gainsae.com

#45 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 22 January 2003 - 02:02 AM

Whoever gets them will look like a major dork.

And whoever does in fact get them, will be referred to explicitly as "Major Dork" by myself. It will be a dark day indeed for that unprepared soul.

#46 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 07 February 2003 - 04:35 PM

The war is a little over one week off. Lets make sure we've got our transportation lined up.

Spoon, you have plenty of flagging tape or should I get some more?
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#47 Devil Halo

Devil Halo

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 February 2003 - 06:20 PM

I might be able to go there with my group of 2. Where is it exactly?? I live in Virginia. What is it close too. Such as museams(sp) and bush gardens.

#48 cxwq

cxwq

• Founders
  • 3,634 posts

Posted 07 February 2003 - 08:00 PM

Dude, you're really starting to bug me.

When you post in a war topic why don't you start by looking at the fucking state it's in okay?
<meta name="cxwq" content="mostly water">

#49 Devil Halo

Devil Halo

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 07 February 2003 - 08:47 PM

I didn't see it or I wouldn't of posted that sorry for trouble.

#50 Spoon

Spoon

Meh.

• Founders
  • 560 posts

Posted 07 February 2003 - 09:19 PM

Dude I've got, like, SO much fucking flagging tape....

However I'm going to have less time to make darts than I thought. I'll make some, but not as many as I had intended.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users