1306 replies to this topic

#51 SupG

SupG

• Members
  • 73 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 04:07 PM

Here is the link:Boltsniper's Co2 gun.

Your link dosn't work.

Edited by SupG, 21 April 2006 - 04:09 PM.

I heard this kid say nerfing is gay well i say fuck him.

#52 DarkSide

DarkSide

• Members
  • 31 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 04:29 PM

Here is the link:Boltsniper's Co2 gun.

Your link dosn't work.

Here's a working link:
BASR
~D.S.~

#53 FromAbove

FromAbove

• Members
  • 71 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 06:09 PM

The Topic

The Reaper

It's a pump/thumb actuated air powered gun I built with a magazine capacity of 42+1 in the chamber. It's max effective range is 400 feet, and havent tested it farther (max range may be more) that is only 133 meters which isn't too far when you really think about it. The regulator controls the amount of shots you get per charge, it can be from 1 at high power to 5 at low (indoor) power. I also have ordered a C02 bike pump for instant pressurization.

Loading and Dry firing of 7 shells

Edited by FromAbove, 26 April 2006 - 06:10 PM.

Connor: Oh, is that right, Rambo?
Murphy: All right, get your stupid fucking rope.

Do you mean with an integration or what? Because size doesn't have anything to do with performance...-NerfMonkey

#54 Flaming Hilt

Flaming Hilt

• Members
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 26 April 2006 - 07:10 PM

"Catch"

Ammo: Mini Stefans
Propulsion method: #181 Spring, a little too weak for my tastes but I'll find a better one soon.
Max. range: 36 ft. Flat
Max. effective range: 20 ft. Flat
Thread (click, scroll down 2/3 of the way)
Other notes: Yea, ya'll think it's a piece of crap. With a stronger spring, I expect the range to jump at least 10-20 ft. But otherwise -- for my first working homemade, I'm pretty happy with it.

Posted Image
" Beneath this mask there is more than flesh, Mr. Creedy. Beneath this mask there is an idea...
...and ideas are bulletproof. "
V

#55 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 07 May 2006 - 08:26 PM

I actually got another one painted....the SNAP-1 mk2 from the writeup.

Posted Image

It ended up looking a little more "deadly" than I was intending. I'll be making an orange tip later on.

I used a hammered metal silver for plastic (which I really like the effect of. Nice shine, too.) The breech is painted flat black (although a wrinkle finish would have been great.) This is also the first time that I tried using Bondo to smooth out the seams. I didn't allow enough time for drying, and also applied too much at once...but for a first try, it's not bad. I'll be taking a lot more time as I work on the SNAP-4...

Edited by Carbon, 07 May 2006 - 08:27 PM.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#56 Carbon

Carbon

Contriberator

• Moderators
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 08 May 2006 - 11:20 PM

Got the SNAP-4 painted...

Posted Image

It's metal flake red (which doesn't show up here) with flat black accents. This time, the bondo turned out much better. I just need to be sure to prime it in the future....

Edited by Carbon, 08 May 2006 - 11:22 PM.

Hello. I am Indigo of the Rainbow Clan. You Nerfed my father. Prepare to die.

#57 GeneralPrimevil

GeneralPrimevil

• Members
  • 578 posts

Posted 21 May 2006 - 11:44 AM

I painted the SOBR...

Posted Image

With the silencer and foregrip removed, it weighs 2lbs less and is 50% of the original length.
Pint sized:
Posted Image

I'll get the side panels back on it after I find a new way to secure them.

Schwarz ist wunderbar! Es ist sehr gut, nein?

Ich habe gesagt, scheissen fur der Kopf...

----=====----

Eventually I will be adding that extra tank. It won't have the gauges probably, but it will be regulated with an expansion chamber post-reg :D .

I just have to figure out where to put the tank :P .
"Fear the man with one gun, for he probably knows how to use it."

#58 Sponge Nerfer

Sponge Nerfer

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 07:52 AM

I fully understand that this is completely dumb and really should not be put on this thread but I need to redeam myself. Quote "bolt loser" People of nerf haven I in no way think that boltsniper is at all a "loser". I dont even think that I acually wrote that maybe somehow it got put in by some strange computer technology flaw. So just gotta say that I didnt mean what I might have said.

-sponge
When in doubt, make a huge nerf cannon of death.

#59 Pineapple

Pineapple

Old-school Admin

• Contributors
  • 1,377 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 01:14 PM

I fully understand that this is completely dumb and really should not be put on this thread but I need to redeam myself. Quote "bolt loser" People of nerf haven I in no way think that boltsniper is at all a "loser". I dont even think that I acually wrote that maybe somehow it got put in by some strange computer technology flaw. So just gotta say that I didnt mean what I might have said.

-sponge

You've been here since November of last year, and you only notice that now?

It's not rocket science.

1) NerfHaven hates Nerf sni.pers.

2) Fearless leader implements word filter since too many new members consider themselves sni.pers.

3) Everyone who is normal is happy. Those who aren't, leave for the HQ, where they are welcomed and revered.

4) The end.

No sweat. Everyone who knows what is going on has moved on, so you can too.

Back on topic...someone post some homemade pictures. All of mine suck.

-Piney-
-Piney- of White Dog Hobbies Armory

<!--quoteo(post=209846:date=Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM:name=boom)--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(boom @ Feb 5 2009, 06:27 PM) View Post</div><div class='quotemain'><!--quotec-->
It's to bad you live in hawaii I bet there are not many wars there.Wait what am I saying<b> you live in hawaii you lucky bastard.</b>
<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

#60 Powersniper

Powersniper

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 August 2006 - 10:52 PM

It aint much, but I guess it's a good start for a homemade-
http://i61.photobuck...per/fullgun.jpg

Range- flat+20pumps= around 115'. Angled+20pumps= around 145' ish-.
Acurate- Up to 130' (you can pump it more than 20 times)
Efective- It doesn't seem to loose any significant power until about 110' so... I guess 110'.

Edited by Powersniper{}, 07 August 2006 - 10:53 PM.

David- HOLY CRAP!!!!
Me- WHAT?!?!
David- Uhh... I forgot.

#61 Nerfreak

Nerfreak

• Members
  • 13 posts

Posted 16 August 2006 - 10:57 PM

Our Clan (Nerfperson, David [no SN], and myself) built 3 FARs. Here's a list of the changes:

1. SCAR-N Trigger system on all 3 (simpler and more effective)

2. T-pieces cut differently on all 3

3. Made to shoot micros on all 3 (cpvc shells, 6-in brass in the barrel)

4. Clip design (different advancement pressure method, plexiglass substituted for balsa)

5. Clip Retention Method

6. Mine's a lefty (other two are standard)

As of now, I only have a picture of mine, so here's the lefty FAR... (sorry of they're a bit big)

Posted Image

Posted Image

You can see some of the design mods from he picture. The trigger you can't, since it's internal. We liked the way the SCAR-N trigger pulled straight back better than the pivoting FAR trigger. More of a conventional "nerf" feel to it...

You can kind of see the T-pieces are much more conventional than Bolt's. We just cut chunks out of 2 T-pieces and stuck them in there. On mine, we cut a single T-piece in half, and inserted the top half of a T-piece between them for spacing. This method drastically reduced the amount of dremeling required to make them fit over the upper reciever.

Since LRC uses micros ery nearly exclusively, we simply made the shells as per Bolt's specifications, and just stuck some cpvc inside them. Also, when constructing the barrel, we inserted a piece of 9/16 in brass tubing. The remainder of the chamber/barrel is unchanged.

Now for the clip. We used plexiglass on all our clips. This gives it a neat see-through effect, as well as rigidity. You should also note that there is no coil spring, like Bolt used. Instead, there is a piece of 1 in. 200 psi pvc with elastic running through it that advances the shells. The elastic stars at the bottom corners of the clip, goes up around the top, and back down through the pvc advancer. This allows for lots of elasticity, smooth advancement, and the fact that I couldn't find a coil spring without taking my lawnmower apart. Nerfperson came up with that method.

Another clip mod we did was the retaining mech. You can see a small piece of PVC running from the clip to the T-piece in the picture. This is the retaining pin. It works and looks much like the extractor on the bolt. It is attatched to the clip, and there is a notch it slides into on the T-piece, locking the clip in place. It only requires one hand to remove it, as a bonus.

That's about it for the design changes. We're very please that they all feed incredibly smoothly. You can see the other 2 FARS in action in the LRC Nightwar Video that is up on Gvid here...

As to ranges, Nerfperson's shoots the best, at 80 feet. Mine is getting 70-ish, but there are still some bugs to be worked out. David's shoots well, too. Hey, no matter what the range, you can't go wrong with the ROF this thing has.

Many, many thanks to Nerfperson and David for all the ideas they contributed, and the time Nerfperson spent helping me build mine. We got a majority of my FAR done in 2 days.

One last thing... here's a Posted Image]video of the action[/url].

The NerfHQ thread has more detaild pictures of the construction process, components, etc...

~Nerfreak, on behalf of:
Nerfperson, David, and Myself, of the LRC Nerfers
www.lrcnerfers.tk
info@lrcnerfers.tk
~Nerfreak, of the LRC Nerfers.

"Let your speech be always with grace, seasoned with salt, that you may know how you ought to answer every man." ~Colossians 4:6

#62 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 18 August 2006 - 05:52 PM

Nice, very impressive. Do you guys still participate in some sort of 'South-East Nerf Out'? I live in Florida and can't seem to find any info on wars anywhere near.

#63 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 19 August 2006 - 09:42 PM

Currently cosmetically incomplete. Functionally complete.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

~ompa

#64 tcorr911

tcorr911

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 01:00 AM

That is awesome. Is it pump action like the scar-n, and is this your variation of it.
Bolt, ye are truly a god among men. Ye have earned yeself a place on Enigma's list of heroes, right below Sean Connery and directly above Papa Smurf...a highly honorable slot indeed.
-Enigma1313

#65 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 01:27 PM

Excellent. How many darts can you fit in the clip, and what kind of ranges are you getting?

Name?

#66 ompa

ompa

Introductinator

• Moderators
  • 2,368 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 01:39 PM

Currently 8, with a better-made spring I'm guessing probably 9 or 10. Ranges are about equal to the SCAR-N in all respects. With a slight angle of maybe 10-20 degrees I can get around 120' (eyeballed this one). Firing flat it seems my ranges max out at around 100' (measured). The effective distance seems to be around 80-90, with no measure for the accurate distance because I really have no idea how you'd measure that kind of thing.

~ompa

#67 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 20 August 2006 - 01:49 PM

Nice. Chance of a writeup?

#68 mav3r1c

mav3r1c

• Members
  • 18 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 09:31 AM

Ompa, I think you would measure it by setting up a target, then finding a range where you hit it 4 out of 5 times or something similar. I think its a very cool gun. Excellent work. :lol:

#69 tcorr911

tcorr911

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 25 August 2006 - 09:40 AM

There is a writup on his gun on Boltsniper.com
Bolt, ye are truly a god among men. Ye have earned yeself a place on Enigma's list of heroes, right below Sean Connery and directly above Papa Smurf...a highly honorable slot indeed.
-Enigma1313

#70 anders

anders

• Members
  • 129 posts

Posted 24 October 2006 - 12:47 PM

Posted Image
This is my air powerd long distance weapon.

Posted Image
This is my little brother holding it.

Posted Image
Posted Image
grenade launcher. The big barrels diameter is 4cm( about 1,8inch) any idéas for a good projectile?

Edited by anders, 24 October 2006 - 02:28 PM.

QUOTE(VACC @ Aug 16 2007, 03:52 AM) View Post

Does posting in agreement somehow validate your standing in the community? Personally I think it just makes you look like a tool.

the el snapo again

#71 Sponge Nerfer

Sponge Nerfer

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 28 October 2006 - 02:57 PM

Well I just finished so I thought I would put mine here.

Here it is, my huge nerf cannon:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I love this thing!!

-sponge

#72 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 29 October 2006 - 01:23 PM

Damn, sponge. I can't wait for those test-shot results. By the way, how long is the barrel on that thing?
The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#73 Sponge Nerfer

Sponge Nerfer

• Members
  • 106 posts

Posted 06 November 2006 - 05:39 PM

Ive been banging em out recently so here is another, sponge homemade:

Posted Image

The picture pretty much explains it.

-sponge

#74 SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

• Members
  • 1,116 posts

Posted 07 November 2006 - 12:04 PM

You should put some range test results up here, as well as some statistics about barrel length, etc. It would be great to use that thing as a snįper rifle or something.

Edited by SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA, 13 August 2007 - 03:28 AM.

The only commonly shared fate among us all is death. I turn to the shadows so that I may not be unfamiliar with hell's corridors when I arrive. - SHADOW HUNTER ALPHA

Founder of the Shadow Militia.
Founder of Nightshade Laboratories and The Nightshade Armament Corporation.

#75 St Jebus

St Jebus

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 29 December 2006 - 04:56 PM

Posted Image

Sorry that I don't have a better picture at the moment... The gun is long and its hard to fit in one frame with a crappy camera.
Anyway, its my first home made gun. Its spring powered, with a clothespin trigger, and shoots small stefans or stock darts.

I use modified stock darts for range testing.
The ranges usually come in around 72 feet to 76 feet.
Not bad for something made so cheaply and simply.

I added a bolt on the back of the plunger tail, so it feels like a rifle when using it, especially seeing and feeling the bolt slam forward after pulling the trigger... :D

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users