New Longshot Mod/integration

Longshot sidearm integration

82 replies to this topic

#26 Dart Attack

Dart Attack

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 10:02 AM

If it is possible could you do a more descriptive write up?
Things like highlighted pics where you made your cuts is the only thing missing I think.

Yeah, just give me about a day or so.

Gonna have to take more pictures and edit them and stuff.

EDIT:
I just found what could appear to be a suitable plunger head replacement that I got off a marshmellow shooter.
It's got a much better seal than the original plunger head.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm going to go test it now.
Wish me luck.

EDIT:
Well, I tried it.
And it didn't turn out so well.

Turns out it added some lenght to the plunger making it too long not letting it cock all the way back.
And the new seal is too good. Its doesn't allow the plunger to move fast enough to propel the dart any good distance.
So much for that.

So, now I'm going back to put the old plunger head on.
The rubber band is ample for keeping the original o-ring in place.

It's gonna be loads of fun taking all those screws back out. [/sarcasm]

Edited by Dart Attack, 04 September 2006 - 10:23 AM.

#27 Dart Attack

Dart Attack

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 11:48 AM

Well, I was bored.
So, I decided to see what it would look like with a paint job.
Everything that was blue, is black.

Posted Image

It actually look pretty sharp.

#28 TT

TT

• Members
  • 48 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:12 PM

Well, I was bored.

Posted Image

Now that I've seen that picture, you have no choice but to give it that paint job.

#29 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 02:47 PM

On the topic of the mod itself, I expect that to become a standard mod to the longshot. People will, in the near future (for example, whens elling a modded LS in the trading forum) say Longshot - spring replaceement, restrictor removal, barrel replacement, front gun case mod. It'll be a daily part of the vocabulary, like "quadded 2k".

Excellent work. The paintjob (if it turns out that cleanly) will look pretty sweet too.

Edited by Falcon, 04 September 2006 - 02:47 PM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#30 Yakuza

Yakuza

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:09 PM

Well, I was bored.

Posted Image

:blink: :blink: .

Remindes me of a futeristic FAR with a secondary attatched.
QUOTE(Pineapple @ Oct 21 2006, 12:16 PM) View Post

When you really think about it, this forum is still pretty darn tootin' good. It's like any family; we have a mix of brains, 'tards, jocks, geeks, hos, burners, waistoids, dickheads.

-Piney-

#31 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:31 PM

Yes, I am going to do that. How do you get 60 ft with only a BBB spring? I have a BBB and LS spring and I get fourty. What darts are you using?
We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

You know what... I know it's kinda late... but Props Cole.
-Baghead

#32 Dart Attack

Dart Attack

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 04:40 PM

Yes, I am going to do that. How do you get 60 ft with only a BBB spring? I have a BBB and LS spring and I get fourty. What darts are you using?

For the tests I was just using stock darts.
I get a bit more range with better darts.

Did you remove all the air restrictors?

#33 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 05:50 PM

Yes the large one in the plunger shaft and the peg. Havent tried Stocks in it yet

Edited by General Cole, 04 September 2006 - 05:53 PM.

We should stop calling out/making fun of/pissing GC off. He's actually contributed and is available for trade. He's a better than average member no doubt. Got your back Cole.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#34 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 04 September 2006 - 10:35 PM

Um, how is editing the photo of your gun considered painting? And yes it does look good in black. I'm mostly finished with the paint work on mine.
Posted Image

Edited by CaptainSlug, 04 September 2006 - 10:44 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#35 AODL

AODL

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:34 AM

Badass. Very Badass. Though for a name, I suggest Ares, after the God of War.

I don't really undestand why General Cole is making articles of clothing with my name on it. First it frightened me, but after a few hours I got over it. It seems obvious that General Cole is hoping to have sex with me.

#36 Gyrvalcon

Gyrvalcon

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 03:50 PM

Um, how is editing the photo of your gun considered painting? And yes it does look good in black. I'm mostly finished with the paint work on mine.

Well, I was bored.

He was just doing a mock-up of what it might look like painted black.

Beautiful work by the way. I wasn't planning to get a LS, but now I just might need to.
-Knowledge Is Power-

#37 Shadow 92

Shadow 92

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:43 PM

Wow, if I wasn't holding my longshot right in front of me, I would have never guessed that you intergrated the front gun. That is really clean. It looks the best though because it matches.

I think Athena would be an excellent name for it, because she represented the disciplined and honored side of war as opposed to Aeris, who represented the chaos and distress of war.

#38 WratH

WratH

• Members
  • 388 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:45 PM

Whats with you idiots and all these ancient god names? Call it FuckingPecan or something.
Death be not proud. Though some have called the mighty and dreadful... Thou art not so.

#39 SPU-Nerf

SPU-Nerf

• Members
  • 166 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 05:47 PM

Naw, make it a classic name, like Mary or some other girls name (just like in Nam).

#40 General Cole

General Cole

• Banned
  • 868 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 06:20 PM

What about Diet A&W Sparkiling Vanilla Classic Cream Soda. Comparatively some of the previous names were better, but what about Chaos, after that is what is going to happen when it is used.
-Nerfer34

-Baghead

#41 Fredfred

Fredfred

• Members
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:06 PM

How about a profane acronym, like the BFG, AMSD, or GES?
You got the pronunciation right, but it's spelt UZI, an Israilie sud machine gun.

#42 davidbowie

davidbowie

• Members
  • 422 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:12 PM

Here's a corny name: NiteLoser

"Nite" comes from the sneaky color scheme (if you do indeed paint it), and "Loser" comes from how the LS was originally supposed to be somewhat of a Nerf asshole rifle, which we all know is in fact a loser rifle. Also, since "lose" is the opposite of "find", "loser" is the opposite of "finder", making the name a horrible pun on "NiteFinder"

"The Sturge" also has a nice ring to it.
Check out the all-new DBNerf. The source for all your DBNeeds.

#43 tcorr911

tcorr911

• Members
  • 78 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 07:43 PM

Or you could possibly call it the Longshot.
Bolt, ye are truly a god among men. Ye have earned yeself a place on Enigma's list of heroes, right below Sean Connery and directly above Papa Smurf...a highly honorable slot indeed.
-Enigma1313

#44 Uncle Hammer

Uncle Hammer

• Members
  • 750 posts

Posted 05 September 2006 - 08:35 PM

Or you can not hijack the thread... Half the posts were just about a name for a gun that wasn't even the topic of this topic. I already said nice mod, but since I'm posting again. Nice job.
Don't mess with Texas cuz its bigger than France, bitch..
QUOTE (Talio)
Catagory 5 hurricanes are the mighty dick of God.  You don't mess with that!  You don't mess with Gods dick!

#45 Shadow 92

Shadow 92

• Members
  • 193 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 05:56 PM

I forgot to ask you this in my first post so, how sturdy is it and what did you use to glue it?

#46 Dart Attack

Dart Attack

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 September 2006 - 06:50 PM

I forgot to ask you this in my first post so, how sturdy is it and what did you use to glue it?

Ultra sturdy. I'm suprized that it's so sturdy.
I used some super-glue and then some hot glue over that to help enforce the super-glue.

As for name suggestions, they all sound really cool. Especially "Athena" and I like all the puns that "NiteLoser has...
When you guys first suggested Greek god names, I thought of Odysseus, which wouldn't be a bad name either....

#47 Lancaster

Lancaster

• Members
  • 233 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 03:15 PM

Ultra sturdy. I'm suprized that it's so sturdy.
I used some super-glue and then some hot glue over that to help enforce the super-glue.

As for name suggestions, they all sound really cool. Especially "Athena" and I like all the puns that "NiteLoser has...
When you guys first suggested Greek god names, I thought of Odysseus, which wouldn't be a bad name either....

If you're going for Greek Heroes, I've always liked Ajax...or maybe Diomedes.

#48 AODL

AODL

• Members
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 08:02 PM

Is there any way you could use a cord or wire of some sort to pull the trigger on the sidearm? I've tried it with the coat hanger, it's just not working out.

I don't really undestand why General Cole is making articles of clothing with my name on it. First it frightened me, but after a few hours I got over it. It seems obvious that General Cole is hoping to have sex with me.

#49 morpheus1977

morpheus1977

• Members
  • 34 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 10:27 PM

hey every body I have been lurking for a while and have seen some great ideas but I do have a question about the long shot front gun. I want to keep it attached to the front of the long shot for the extended look and have it be able to fire, but not have the handle attached to it is there a way to mod it to where pulling back on the priming handle will prime and then just automaticly fire it??

#50 Retiate

Retiate

• Members
  • 778 posts

Posted 07 September 2006 - 11:09 PM

Morpheus: Are you saying that as soon as you let go of the bolt thing it will slide forward and the gun will fire? If that's what your talking about, then just get rid of the catch. There is this little thing above the trigger with a spring attached to the bottom of it. I'm not exactly sure what it looks like because I don't have a LS yet.

And Dart Attack; that is a really clean, well done integration. It looks as if it was manufactured that way. If you could get the ranges up to 100' or so, that would make it even more wicked than it already is.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users