Split off from the main thread

35 replies to this topic

#1 Griever 2112

Griever 2112

• Members
  • 439 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 05:57 PM

Post APOC Report:

First thing is first... FUCKING AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It was great seeing everyone again. I had a blast for my first APOC. Rounds were plentiful. Meet some really cool new people. Finally meet the rest of the LGLF. Langley, Vacc, and all the others did a great job with the rounds. Wish I could have stuck around longer, but Hoongfu saw me, I was in a bad way to stick around longer. My friend Charlie had a blast and is looking forward to the next time. Wish I took some pics and video, but I guess I'll try next year.

Thanks again for the great war. For me this was a great way to end my season.. and remember... ALL HAIL THE ALPHA TROOPER!!!

And big thanks to the guy who reloaded my drum and clip that last round of carpe...forgive my lack of naming... Massive heat headache and I'm blanking on it.

Edited by Griever 2112, 04 August 2012 - 06:28 PM.

Griever 2112 still plays with his alpha trooper quite often despite owning one of the scariest +bows.

My Youtube Page

#2 evilbunnyo

evilbunnyo

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 06:03 PM

Apoc was great! Thanks to Langley, VACC, the LGLF, and TED. Had a great time. Played for fun since it will be my last war till next summer. Met some great people. Sex dwarves live up to expectations and were really cool to chill with. Got myself two magstrikes and a mega missle. Can't wait to see war videos.
Silence is golden but duct tape is silver

#3 Lucian

Lucian

• Members
  • 446 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:23 PM

Highlights-
Gears
RBP actually shot
Getting turned into a baton by Chops and being his bitch
Sex Dwarves and Dom's new toy
Making it through the day with enough darts

Lowlights-
2k pump died, replaced it, then 2k tank blew up at 4 pumps while leaking air somewhere
Rigged teams *winky face*
Hot as hell
No canada or midwest dudes
DAT SUNBURN

Awesome war all around, it's always a pleasure to see everyone (even you Diamondback).

Edited by Lucian, 04 August 2012 - 07:25 PM.

Contact me for design consultation relating to 3D Printing, CNC Machining, and Laser Cutting. I am always happy to collaborate on viable Open Source projects and/or business ventures. 

#4 Tangerle

Tangerle

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:31 PM

Highlights-
Gears
RBP actually shot
Getting turned into a baton by Chops and being his bitch
Sex Dwarves and Dom's new toy
Making it through the day with enough darts

Lowlights-
2k pump died, replaced it, then 2k tank blew up at 4 pumps while leaking air somewhere
Rigged teams *winky face*
Hot as hell
No canada or midwest dudes
DAT SUNBURN

Awesome war all around, it's always a pleasure to see everyone (even you Diamondback).

There was This kid from either Idaho or something like that.

Edited by Daniel Beaver, 07 August 2012 - 12:55 PM.

Gino

#5 bhajj94

bhajj94

• Members
  • 180 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 07:37 PM

Great war!

Pros:
Had a really fun time for my first APOC!
Had enough darts to last me the day and another war!
Met some cool new people and saw some older ones.
Got my snap bow from shoopy.
Carpe.
Sold a ton of my guns.
Tested out my pump snap.
Hopefully settled any disputes with other members *cough* TED *cough*.

Cons:
Got DESTROYED by the Mongols and LGLF.
Pump snap broke.
Snap bow broke. (luckily near the end)
Hot as hell.
Everyone seemed to hate PA Power. (I think it was just mostly me...)

Other than that, really fun time!
Probably lurking somewhere...

#6 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 08:40 PM

+++++++++++Langley did (and is doing) an awesome job as host to us Sex Dwarves. BIG thanks to him.
+Super easy commute to the war, with very little traffic
-Dom and JM ruining our entrance
-Hiking to the staging area twice before the first round and hating the sun and (lack of) clouds the whole way
-Trying to be a valuable team member made me kinda suck
++++++Starting to just run around everywhere shooting people, having much more fun
+*∞ Helping organize freeze tag rounds with the other Sex Dwarves. We were scared the number of people would make it unwieldy but we got though it. I believe most people had fun.
+*∞+1 Cooler round
-It clouded up while I was hanging in the shade, and cleared up just in time to make two hikes back to the parking lot
-Following Jax to the liquor store: 3 lanes right followed immediately by 3 lanes left and into gridlock

In conclusion: Great war, kinda sucky traffic and weather

PS: Thank God I'm not damp from sweat and/or humidity any more

Edited by jwasko, 04 August 2012 - 09:00 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#7 Phree Agent

Phree Agent

• Members
  • 402 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:10 PM

Excellent war everyone. I want to thank the organizers and field 'officials' for doing a superb job.

+Meeting new people was great
+Old friends
+Having enough darts
+Chaos wasn't there ;)
+It didn't rain
+Freeze tag
+Apoc. Period.

-Instead it was hotter than the Suns taint
-RBP broke before a single round had started
-My team lost EVERY game of Deathmatch
-Left fairly early
-Didn't sell much of my unwanted gear, but meh.
-25 bucks due to toll roads

I saw tons of people filming and shooting pictures so I better see tons!

EDIT:

I would like to also thank the LGLF and hosts, as well as God's gift to Nerf wars, Crankymonky. Although, I think the hosts could be a bit more thorough with their "Post war Tick Checks" next year. Langley must have missed a spot, because I found a tick on the backside of my ball sac this morning. Just a suggestion.

Edited by Phree Agent, 05 August 2012 - 08:42 PM.

#8 bpso86

bpso86

• Members
  • 618 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:33 PM

Some pictures can be found here:

Asquared Photography

Thanks again to everyone who came out, organized, nerfed, and generally made the day enjoyable for everyone.

My only additional comment: This is the first war, in my entire nerf career, where my xbow performed flawlessly throughout the entire day! I hope it is a sign of things to come.

#9 diamondbacknf1626

diamondbacknf1626

• Members
  • 835 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:33 PM

Apoc was great! Thanks to Langley, VACC, the LGLF, and TED. Had a great time.

What did Ted do? Is that just because he's looking studly as ever? + for that!

Edited by diamondbacknf1626, 04 August 2012 - 09:34 PM.

QUOTE(TxNerfer @ Nov 13 2010, 12:42 PM) View Post

Hey...I got a crazy idea: how about you stop all that sigging stuff? It's not even my thread and it annoys me.

#10 BiwinningPanda

BiwinningPanda

• Members
  • 172 posts

Posted 04 August 2012 - 09:34 PM

+ Shooting VACC, even though he had infinite lives.
+ Everyone there was friendly.
+ The wars were really intense and fun.
-Weather! Way too hot out.
-Nearly died from all the running I did out in that heat.

All in all great war, can't wait for next year.
LT.DAN ICE CREAM!!!!!! In response to the Tribal Council: Someone break out the Michael Jackson popcorn gif, this shit just got interesting.

#11 evilbunnyo

evilbunnyo

• Members
  • 404 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:41 AM

What did Ted do? Is that just because he's looking studly as ever? + for that!

I was just thanking the people Langely listed as hosts. Plus I'm sure I have a reason to thank TED for something.
Silence is golden but duct tape is silver

#12 modsfornerf

modsfornerf

• Members
  • 85 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:40 AM

Here are one short round I recorded.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pc4ZRKFMtD4&feature=plcp
To watch the other one click this.

Edited by modsfornerf, 05 August 2012 - 08:41 AM.

Check out my youtube channel My link
Also check out my blog: website

#13 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:45 PM

I split this off into its own topic so it's a little easier to follow.

I'm going to keep this short because right now I feel like the floor of a taxi cab. I had a great time yesterday, and it is because of my fellow hosts, those who jumped in and helped out without even having to be asked, and all the people who attended who were so cooperative in spite of the oppressive heat and humidity. Thanks to Vacc, Ted, Chops, Crankymonky, the Sex Dwarves and anyone else who I may have missed for running rounds. Also, thanks to all the people who helped me schlep the two car-loads worth of pipe, tarps, water and other assorted bullshit that I insist on bringing to nerf wars, and thanks to everyone who helped me set it up in the ball-chafingly hot sun. I will check in again when I've un-fried my brain and slept off the pittsburgh-induced hangover, but until then, thanks again to everyone who attended for making this ridiculous spectacle somehow worth all the effort (for the tenth fucking year in a row!)

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#14 Darth Maker

Darth Maker

• Members
  • 6 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 03:46 PM

This was an awesome first nerf war for me. Yeah, I'm the one that was getting called Jesus and John the Baptist.

Major plus: a long arching shot on VACC during a DM round.

I was the VIP that hid in the trees. I had a blast doing that, and even got a couple kills.

Thanks msinickers for supplying darts, and marking them uniquely for me. I didn't even touch half of them. The last three rounds I played I just pick up darts and stuck 'em in my hopper. My SNAP fired everything I put in it, and was running great with dirt in the plunger.

Thanks for a great war guys!
- Darth Maker[size=1]

No wyes? Try this: The DMK2 wyeless hopper clip.[/size]

#15 Tangerle

Tangerle

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:40 PM

That was amazing. That may be the highlight of my summer (most likely will be). Thank you everyone who organized this, it was great, and I hope there will be some footage of me tripping into the barrier in carpe (diagram) i |_| to _. /__/ (the i was me standing and the _. was me on the ground and the /_/ and |_| was the barrier standing and falling apart). Can't wait for next year!
:lol:
Gino

#16 Muttonchops

Muttonchops

1.21 Muttonflops

• Members
  • 145 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 04:50 PM

As always, a phenomenal war. Langley, Vacc, and TED, well done running things, and keeping the day flowing. It was entierely too hot, and I think I spent more time in the forest then usual trying to stay in the shade.

Jolts are awesome in gunslinger heaven. Don't underestimate them.
Penta is super sweet. PEW PEW fo'eva.
Drinking with the Dwarfs is always a good time
"Thanks for Lupie, coach"
It was good watching a bunch of unfamiliar faces nerf, I'll be keeping things in mind for the MANL draft. If you haven't signed up for it yet, go do so now. Unless you suck. Then don't.

Edit: Sorry TED

Edited by Muttonchops, 23 September 2012 - 07:11 PM.

The LGLF - The ass-kickingest, arm-missingest, beer-drinkingest nerf clan in Jersey

21:45 Gears That's boob grabbing time
21:45 Gears it is so easy

#17 snickers

snickers

• Members
  • 241 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:24 PM

I was the one representing the Midwest (Illinois).

+Meet ice for the first time and most likely the last.
+Sold almost everything I brought.
+Sold 800 darts FTW.
+Nerfed with LGLF in their territory.
+Every round ran smoothly.
+Meeting new people.
+Great Best location to host a nerf war.
+Hoongfu for helping me scout places for my dad to go to during the war.
+Didn't rain.
+My pumpsnap worked the whole day.
+UIN13 MEMORABILIA to take home and brag :D

-14hr drive one way.
-Getting only 4 darts back (No joke).
-Hot and humid in the morning.
-NJ roads.
-Missing the exit and ended up having to go accross the Staten Island bridge for $12.
-Canadians didn't come.
-Mind splitting head ache after the war.

Best war I have been to. I hope I can make it out again. Great group of guys.

Nerf on or fuck off.

#18 the mod man

the mod man

• Members
  • 79 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:41 PM

Apoc was the best time I had nerfing PERIOD.

Pros

Got to meet a ton of great people.

Had enough darts to last the entire day.

My Crossbow/Longshot working extremely well and putting loads of foam down range.

Seeing an ocean of foam coming out of grievers alpha trooper.

Langley, VACC, and the LGLF.

Cons:

2-11's barrel setup sucked and gave me about 70 ft of range.

The ungodly heat.

Getting 7 darts back the whole day.

Overall, my first apoc and certainly not my last.
Draconis:"Youtube is a cesspool of coagulated troll urine, created by the inane electronic babble of people with no better use of time than to comment on videos silly people post."

#19 Guitarzan

Guitarzan

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 06:43 PM

Really really awesome war overall. My friend that I brought with me is hooked on stefan nerf now and we have plans to get upstate New York nerf wars going. My favorite rounds were the sudden death TDM that we did over and over at one point, and the Freeze tag rounds that the Sex Dwarves were cool enough to show us. All of the hosts did an excellent job hosting and I give a big thanks to them. It was really cool that the LGLF+ Vacc were also really good at being "team captains" of sorts and lead teams into battle. Will be back next year and will be bringing a bigger crew of upstate New Yorkers.

My biggest Con had nothing to do with the actual nerfing itself. We think somebody stole our GPS out of my car. This was the kickoff to a rough trip home. I would be extremely pissed if I ever found out it was a nerfer, but I don't think it was.

Only suggestion for future wars: Never play a single round in an area adjacent to a path where people are walking again.

Edited by Guitarzan, 05 August 2012 - 06:52 PM.

#20 roboman

roboman

• Members
  • 489 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 07:18 PM

Seeing as this is an Official Recap Thread, I guess I should post my Official Recap as the only representative from SoCal.

Not too shabby. It was neat being able to see the faces behind the usernames for the first time. I suppose I'll do a pro/con list like everyone else did.

(Sort of) ranked in order of most to least important, I think:

+ Meeting the LGLF/Sex Dwarves
+ Singled 2K worked extremely well against hoppers
+ Selling aluminum stuff (IMPORTANT: detail about the 2K tanks below, for those who got them from that batch)
+ 3-Team VIP and the subsequent deathmatch
+ Freeze-tag
+ Buying 3 more 2Ks from TED

- New Jersey
- Slugs (had to say it)
- The fact that it was an East Coast war
- Heat/Humidity
- That first deathmatch round where pedestrians kept interrupting us and I didn't know how my gun worked with slugs

Note about the 2K tanks I sold. I pressure tested all of them to 120 psi three times before I left. Today, Lucian decided to pump one up, and the halves separated. We did it to another one, and the same thing happened. The other 4 or 5 remaining tanks had no issues when we tested them. If you have this issue, PM me, and I will either help you fix it, or I will give you my shipping address and cover the cost of shipping both ways to fix or replace it. I stand by my craftsmanship, and as LT DAN ICE CREAM!!!!!!!!!!!! can attest to, I am more than willing to do what I have to in order to satisfy my customers.

Well maybe if you weren't so busy blowing Lt Dan in the forest you would've had a better time? Im not really sure what is so terrible about the war and the people I nerf with that you felt you had to remark about it twice in your 'cons' column. If you were expecting things to be awful on this side of the country, and Apoc lived up to your expectations, then why did you even come out in the first place?

To clear things up, I wasn't complaining about the war itself or the people there. No, I do not like being stuck using slugs, but I complied, as that's the war organizer's choice and I understand the reasoning behind that decision.

The complaint about it being in New Jersey referred more to the heat and humidity, which were absolutely horrendous.

I suppose the reference to it being an "East Coast war" went over your head, as that's something we joke about here when rounds degrade into long-range standoffs.

I definitely had a good time. I had no issues with the people at the war, or even how it was run. It was definitely a new experience for me, as we tend to run things differently in SoCal. That's not to say I didn't like it, and I certainly wasn't expecting to have an awful time. Apoc did, however, live up to my expectations in that it was fun meeting new people and trying out a different style of play. I do maintain my preference for SoCal Nerf, but I definitely want to come back to Apoc next year, if at all possible.

And no, I didn't blow Dan in the forest.

Edited by roboman, 07 August 2012 - 03:55 PM.

Youtube

LS and Retaliator boltsleds are currently available at https://www.facebook.com/RoboM8/

#21 Xellah

Xellah

They call his chin.... Captain Underpants

• Members
  • 178 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 08:27 PM

Aww Yeah, Ohio Recap Time! But first, photos! (Because this thread is in dire need of pictures)

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now to the actual recap:

I've been attempting to attend Apoc since I started lurking long ago but haven't had the money/transportation to do so before this year. I had some expectations going in, and they were completely fulfilled 110%. What a fantastic war. Great hosts, great nerfers... yeah, you get it. Onto some specifics on why this was such a great war, in a non-pro/con fashion.

Meeting the People-

Talking with such a wide variety of nerfers was enjoyble. I managed to chat up those that I recognized and meet those that I didn't. To everyone I chatted with, thank you, it was a real pleasure.

A special shout out to andtheherois, Gates, and Guitarzan + friend for being especially cool. It was fun to nerf with all of you.

The Gametypes-

The balance of TDM, Carpe and Speed Rounds was awesome. The intensity and speed of the 4 Team DM and Speed Rounds (Thank you Langley and Dean for those) was one-of-a-kind. Our clan match with the Mongols/LGLF went about as expected (a loss), but I enjoyed it none the less. Didn't manage to catch the Freeze tag or VIP rounds, so I'll be making those for sure next year.

My favorite rounds of the day were definitely the last two rounds of Carpe. We had just the right number of people, and the play across the field was exciting. Many WTF moments ensued, mobstacles collapsed, blasters exploded and moseying had... It was the best.

The Hosts/LGLF-

What is there left to say? These guys have nerfed for years and know what they're doing. Thank you all for making Apocalypse happen.

To the LGLF: The post-war photo-op was fun. A special thanks to Dean for being the nicest, most helpful nerfer I've ever met.

To VACC: Thanks for answering my odd question and for the travel wishes. It was great to finally meet you.

My friends-

Not only did I get to finally nerf on the East coast, but I got to do so with two of my best friends, Mike and Nicole. This was their first war. They had a blast and will definitely be attending more wars in the future. A big thanks to them for being, well, them (which is to say, cool as hell).

I haven't recounted even half of the awesomeness of my first Apoc, but this is the stuff that came to mind first. I have video of the Mongol/LGLF vs. PA Power clan round (all 4 minutes of it) and reaction video of Mike and Nicole post war. Hopefully I can get the videos edited and uploaded soon if they are worth viewing.

Edited by Xellah, 05 August 2012 - 08:41 PM.

Ultimator Duel

it cant be as bad as reloading an ak-47 on the run

#22 andtheherois

andtheherois

• Banned
  • 821 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:07 PM

This year was far better than last year. Thanks to the hosts for bringing APOC together this year and giving us an excellent war. As much as I had fun trying to dodge darts from 50 different people, the secret carpe round at the end was definitely my favorite. It was great meeting finally meeting roboman, and xella with his merry band of ohians(?) As well as seeing a handful of nerfers that I haven't seen in ages and getting to meet some new ones. Also huge thanks to the guy that found the part of my pumpbow. I'm far too lazy to have made a new one by next weekend.

Hopefully we'll get to see the guys that came out from far away next year. Perhaps by then I'll have learned to aim. Don't count on it.
The YooToobz
Photobucket

Winning rounds is rewarding, deal with it. We don't play fucking patty cake over here.

#23 analogkid

analogkid

• Members
  • 425 posts

Posted 05 August 2012 - 11:44 PM

Had a great time, thank you to everyone that helped make this happen. Pretty sure my friend is putting together a video, I'll update when he finishes.

Pros: Pretty much everything.

Edit: Video's posted on the next page.

Edited by analogkid, 09 August 2012 - 08:53 AM.

#24 deadshooter711

deadshooter711

• Members
  • 329 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 12:34 AM

This year was great, as every year is. Meeting new people and seeing the competition is always encouraging and makes each year greater. Also, it might've been because I came late, but I didn't sell a single thing I had people's calls for. Poo :(.
I myself had somewhat of a poor performance and didn't participate in as many rounds as I would've liked to, but the rounds I did get in to were pretty intimidating.
and that clan round got me and my team completely CREAMED.

My friend Nick and I got a lot of pictures of the rounds and I shall bequeath them to you...NOW

Posted Image
Hey, there's Ice. EVERYBODY knows that guy.

Posted Image
DAW SHIT, Y'ALL DIDN'T KNOW DIS' BOI COULD FLY!

Posted Image
Mah buddy was just on the ball that day with air shots.
...or maybe it's a new brand of Nike shoes.

Posted Image

Posted ImageCHARGE!

Posted Image

Posted ImageI want that hatcam!

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
OH hey, there's me

Posted Image
PA POWER, WHOOOOO.......yeah, I don't like the name, but I got a cool shirt!

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageNERF!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted ImageSneak attack!

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Hope you all enjoy the pics we took. My friend took most of them, so thank him. Can't wait for the montages people will make for the stuff we didn't see.

As always, you can see the rest of the pictures me and my friend took from the war on my Nerf War album in my signature. Happy scrolling!

Edited by deadshooter711, 06 August 2012 - 01:43 AM.

My Nerf War Pictures

IT'S EVERYWHERE!

#25 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 06 August 2012 - 07:37 AM

War is hell. Nerf war is the special olympics.

Thanks to everyone who came and had a great time. Thanks for wanting to nerf more than you wanted to BS. Thanks for being good sports about me yelling unneccessary profanities at you in the name of misguided motivation (this was actually down quite a bit from past years, believe it or not). Thanks for, as always, taking an inordinant amount of pride in any pot-shot, blind-shot, mortar-shot, and accidental-shot that found their mark on me. Finally, thanks to everyone who traveled several to tens of hours in order to be there. I still can't figure out why you'd want to do that, but we do our best to make it worth your wile (I hope that we succeed more than we do not).

As for my impressions of the war, I feel as if Phil and I packed more nerfing into the day last year, in our inaugeral effort to revamp Apoc. Yesterday, however, had a much more cooperative and relaxed feel. We still got a lot of nerf in, but Phil and I got to enjoy it with the rest of you this year. A lot of that probably had to do with the fact that this year's apoc was smaller, in terms of turn out, than was last year's. That is very-super-fucking-alright with me. Last year's apoc knocked me into my first nerf hiatus in half a decade, but I think this one just might pull me back in. There's nothing quite like hunting children.

As a side note, I was rather pleased to find out that despite having nerfed once in the last 12 months, Ted and I can still run the table. Though, perhaps that is mostly due to my well documented "favorite nerfer" turning into the best nerfer. Screw it, I'm still awesome.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users