Longshot Scope Now Usefull!

One of the better rail accessories :)

12 replies to this topic

#1 Link

Link

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 08:59 PM

All of the newest "N-STRIKE Nerf Blasters" have rails for accessories. Nerf makes a couple "flashlight" attachments, though, they aren't great and I wanted one that would seriously ROCK! for night time nerf wars. something like.....

THIS! Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Im only throwing this together for some people have a hard time with creativity. I don't really like reading lengthy intro's so here we go.

Materials/Tools:

Flash light/laser light of choice ( I got mine at a local hardware store, It has 8 pure white LED's and a red laser in one, only 13.99)

Longshot CS-6 Scope

Screwdriver

Duct tape

Shiny Material (I.E aluminum foil, soda can, reflective tape)

button "extender" (I used a bolt)

1/2" pipe insulation ( or something else to wrap aroung your light)

Step 1. Take apart your LS scope. There are 6 screws total, all clearly visible. Don't forget to remove the end caps. The cap on the back should come off by simply tugging lightly. However, the cap on the front of the scope is rather hard to remove. I used a flat head to pry it off, once it starts moving you should be able to pull it right off.

Step 2. Once your scope is apart, you need to decide where you want to put your light exactly, then mark on the outside of the scope where you want the button to be.

Step 3. Im assuming your light won't fit perfectly in your scope, so your going to have to wrap it with something to hold it tight. I used 1/2" pvc foam insulation, I duct taped it directly to my light. Kinda like this.

Posted Image

Step 4. Once your light is ready, drill your hole and find something that is long enough to go all the way down, and also fits the actual hole. (please don't quote that) I simple put a bolt in there, upside down. then cut it off later.

Step 5. Duct tape the inside of the scope so when you put the light in, it will stay in place.

Step 6. Duct tape your shiny material into the scope, where the light will actually shine, like in every flashlight you've ever seen.

Step 7. Place the light in, put the button extender in, make sure it all fits nice and snug, then screw it all back together!

( I had to take pictures after I actually finished the mod, so heres one that kinda shows everything)

Posted Image

No its not a great write-up its only my first, please don't flame. :) I'll be happy to answer any questions, and constructive criticism is totally welcome. Thanks for taking a look!

Edited by Link, 20 May 2009 - 09:07 PM.

#2 Heat Signature

Heat Signature

• Members
  • 25 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:10 PM

I have that EXACT LASER!! Nebo CSI Flashlight/laser. I was going to stick mine in my recon, but this it really cool! Great work!
"I'VE GOT A BONE IN MY LEG!!!!!"-My great grandpa.

My Friend's blog

#3 Link

Link

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:14 PM

...Nebo CSI Flashlight/laser....

Yea that's it! And thank you!

#4 SchizophrenicMC

SchizophrenicMC

• Members
  • 390 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:14 PM

Welcome to the Haven.

I'm thinking I've seen this before in several iterations, but at least you do something before posting; a qualtiy not shared by many of the new people. I also noticed that your English does not completely fail.

To the mod:

Well, there are no creativity points in this, since the LS scope has been a prime target for flashlights and cameras and RogueScopes...

However, it looks to be executed well, and the scope looks pretty stock. Coulda done it a little cleaner on the inside, though.

I'll give this a 2.7/5.
QUOTE(NerfUK @ May 8 2009, 11:54 AM) View Post

(I forgot to take a picture of my own poppers)

QUOTE(analogkid @ May 20 2009, 10:04 PM) View Post

Every size rod you could ever want.

#5 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:28 PM

Welcome to the Haven.

I'm thinking I've seen this before in several iterations, but at least you do something before posting; a qualtiy not shared by many of the new people. I also noticed that your English does not completely fail.

To the mod:

Well, there are no creativity points in this, since the LS scope has been a prime target for flashlights and cameras and RogueScopes...

However, it looks to be executed well, and the scope looks pretty stock. Coulda done it a little cleaner on the inside, though.

I'll give this a 2.7/5.

Ok, I can understand deducting points for external cleanliness, but internal? I mean, that's kind of ridiculous. Unless it's a magical see-through scope, or the components are so messily rigged up that it makes it function poorly (which it doesn't seem to be), I see absolutely no problem.

Anyway, nice mod. It's been done before, but still, "E" for effort.
Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#6 Link

Link

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 20 May 2009 - 09:33 PM

Yea, definetly NOT original. I figured if some one really new to modding wanted to do something like this, it would help. Thanks for the compliments!

#7 white moonlight

white moonlight

• Members
  • 305 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 06:17 AM

That is cool.

It is definetly a better concept then integrating into the gun itself, but now you can use it on almost any gun.
On his trec to Colonfest...
VengefulWaffle BOY, 12 KILLED IN MOUNTAIN PASS BY WILD RACCON, EXPERTS SAY HE ATTEMPTED TO HOLD IT OFF WITH NERF NITEFINDERS
POLICE SAY: ALCOHOL MAY HAVE BEEN INVOLVED
Guess who he was talking about...

#8 Banshee

Banshee

• Members
  • 668 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 08:42 AM

Where'd you get a yellow LS? I have yet to see one in stores.
Like my page on Facebook! PM me, I do commissions!

#9 SonReeceSonJensen

SonReeceSonJensen

• Members
  • 662 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 09:16 AM

My mom brought one of these things over and both the light and the laser modes are very effective, so the actual equipment you used is a nice turn on the old concept: 2-for-1 functions in modular interchangeability.

Welcome to Haven. Also that rug is money.
The Difference:
-Guns shoot bullets that kill people
-Blasters shoot darts that tag people

I do not play with guns.

#10 Link

Link

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 12:21 PM

I got the yellow Longshot from Target in Issaquah, Wa. It only came with 1 quick reload clip though. :P

Oh, and you really shouldn't talk about that rug... It's my moms carpet.

#11 The Jester

The Jester

• Members
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 02:46 PM

That is exactly what I was gonna do to my scope (same lazah light too). Great minds like alike, I suppose.
-J
QUOTE(nightfinder @ Apr 26 2009, 11:18 AM) View Post
One question, WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO SHOOT PEOPLE WITH BALLS!?

#12 Royal Massacre

Royal Massacre

• Members
  • 17 posts

Posted 21 May 2009 - 07:23 PM

Makes me not hate the tactical rails as much!
Everything I do lacks logic, but it all has a reason

#13 immature pwnz0r

immature pwnz0r

• Banned
  • 20 posts

Posted 28 June 2009 - 01:08 AM

[quote name='Royal Massacre' date='May 21 2009, 05:23 PM' post='231754']
[/quote

Lol
QUOTE( @ May 21 2009, 05:23 PM) View Post

Attempting to reproduce with a Tactical rail will not result in children, but you may not hate it as much!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users