Photo

Your Worst Nerf Related Injury

98 replies to this topic

#51 Echnalaid

Echnalaid

• Members
  • 981 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:21 PM

I NEVER leave my guns primed in storage. Not realizing my brother left his mav primed, I looked down the barrel. Pressed the trigger to see it rotate, and POP! I get a dart to the eye from 5 inches away. It got sore and hurt to see light. It's fully recovered now.

Or getting a Big Blast to the stomach at 3 ft. It bled.

Modding, I dropped my hot glue gun on my leg, and it burned a hole.

Edited by Echnalaid, 26 March 2009 - 11:22 PM.

There was something on the bottom of the ad that said erotyka. Sounds like something spicy -Renegademilitia15

#52 thedarksideofnerf

thedarksideofnerf

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:26 PM

Singled titan in the chest, from about 3 ft. it took a good half dollar size of skin away and bled, A LOT
Every tiime i breathed for about three days, it hurt like a mother fucker.

Modding cut my finger open with my dremal from hell.

Edited by thedarksideofnerf, 26 March 2009 - 11:30 PM.

<death09>my girlfriend broke up with me and sent me pix of her and her new boyfriend in bed
<ktp753>ouch.
<death09>yeah.i sent them to her dad

#53 mystefansdontflystraight

mystefansdontflystraight

• Members
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:17 AM

I was scraping hot glue out of my old xbow with an exacto-knife. One of the blades broke off, and the knife slipped and slashed my wrist. Well, more like punctured it. I lost a shitload of blood, but only needed 1 stitch.
Other than that, being shot in the hand at 20ft by applefury with a PAS. It swellled up huge, and I couldn't write for 2 days. It wasn't all that painful though.
QUOTE(Blacksunshine @ Dec 24 2009, 02:15 PM) View Post

QUOTE(white moonlight @ Dec 23 2009, 01:29 PM) View Post

It's just screaming to be rearloading...

I seen a movie about that once.

#54 ferret

ferret

• Members
  • 11 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:12 AM

Titan
about 50 pumps
my nuts

#55 k9turrent

k9turrent

• Members
  • 829 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 07:16 AM

Wow, nerfing is actually somewhat dangerous, or we are all idiots. Especially those look down the barrels of loaded guns
QUOTE View Post

That's about it. And thanks Angela who helped me with these pictures.. It looks huge in her hands.

HOLY CRAP!

FU ALL

#56 Equilox

Equilox

• Members
  • 95 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:02 AM

Running flat out, I collided into a plaster pylon. It was dark. Never saw it coming until my face made contact.

Modding, I constantly cut myself with a hacksaw, burn myself with a glue gun and slit my hand on sharp plastic. However, the worst was stabbing myself with a screwdriver, that was bad.
"In my Zombie plan I use my arsenal of foam to fend of the hoards of the undead as I make my way to Canada....... good luck to you Simmons."

#57 Pearson2

Pearson2

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:52 AM

Last massacre, very first game I did a horrible fail slide into one of the barricades. Nice amount of skin off my knee. Nothing bad though.
Crooked: Did you see that guy who singled a doomsayer?

Pearson: Why would you single a doomsayer? Thats like taking a Ferarri and putting family seating in it.

#58 Glint

Glint

• Members
  • 315 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 08:58 AM

War-related for me isn't that bad. My worst is practically melting/scapring all the skin off my left kneww from sliding around so much at Massacre 3.

As for modding it would either be when I was holding my Recon still with my left and and using a flathead screwdriver to pry of hot glue when the hotglue came loose, flew up and the screwdriver kept going and left a massive, long gash in me left thumb.
Or it would be attempting to compress a DTB spring and having it pop out at me and slice open a huge cut on my right thumb.

My poor thumbs they take such a beating :P

Edited by Glint, 27 March 2009 - 08:58 AM.

This has spiraled beyond uselessness into utterly stupidy.
- VACC
Read it again until you figure it out.

#59 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:23 AM

Do diseases count? Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever from a tick after playing at the Summer DCNO last year. Left me out of commission for about a month and I couldn't go outside for extended periods of time. Got a scar on my right hand from a slip and a fall on pavement at Armageddon 2006.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#60 Spartan 117

Spartan 117

• Members
  • 72 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 09:33 AM

I modded my Longshot with a basic spring replacement and my stock dart mod, right after that I did some firing tests and it jammed, so I took a look down the barrel, not knowing it was still primed and WHAM, there was a flash of light and I was partially blinded for most of the day in one eye.
The enrichment center reminds you that the weighted companion cube cannot speak. In the event that it does speak, we urge you to disregard it's advice.

#61 Vincent

Vincent

• Members
  • 138 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:10 AM

I'm fairly cautious, so my worst modding wound was when I cut my thumb open because the edge of the shell of my gun was sharp. I haven't really had any bad war injury, I've been hit in the eye a few times, but from long range. No bleeding from wars yet......
QUOTE(Carbon @ Jul 14 2009, 07:50 PM) View Post

Heresy. Nothing beats pink flamingos.

#62 PointBlank

PointBlank

• Members
  • 528 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:13 PM

Wow who knew that nerfing would be such a dangerous sport..
You can agree with me.... or you can be wrong.

My Latest Mods
The Cyclops
Pointblank Titan

#63 BlackFox

BlackFox

• Members
  • 286 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:22 PM

Nerf War: At the very first round of one of our Washington wars, I misjudged the height of a stone wall and jumped off it. I twisted my ankle and was out for three more rounds. Not too serious, but it sucked because of how early in the war it was.

Modding: I often use paperclips and needles as "rebar" when I reinforce my guns. I was forcing two pieces of plastic together when the needle went straight through the plastic and stuck about a quarter inch into my thumb.
"Until we meet in the place where there is no darkness"
-George Orwell, 1984
-----------

Think that piece is beyond repair? Think again!

#64 firstblood

firstblood

• Members
  • 133 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:38 PM

Nerf War- My friend shot me in the face with a singled AT3K from 10 feet away. I guess I "scared him".

Modding- I was sawing some pvc one day and the hacksaw slipped and nearly cut my finger off. I should have gotten stitches but i threw some hydrogen peroxide on it and slapped a band aid and was at it again.
So I recently got a Razor Fin from Poo, and decided to dig right in.

#65 Knud-Hansen

Knud-Hansen

• Members
  • 58 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 12:49 PM

For shits and giggles, my friend put a breach on his paintball gun, and during a game of CTF he shot me from about 35 feet away. Not only did he break the skin on my arm, but I have had a scar ever since. Kinda badass though.
[size=4][i]-Knud-

#66 Pearson2

Pearson2

• Members
  • 161 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 01:22 PM

well now I have my modding injury. Today after trying to open the knots on the string for a buzz bee's double shot I stuck the knife right into my finger. Turns out the stupid gun still won't fire so I'm throwing it across the room after I type this.

Now for the fun one. My dumbest injury: I bought a PAS off of FA24, after he brought it over I was playing around with it and loaded the barrel then cocked the gun and sucked the dart into the chamber. Figuring I could fish it out I took the barrel off and looked down the chamber of the gun completally forgetting that the gun has a hair trigger. The gun went off and I got a stefan dart right between the eyes from about a foot in range.
Crooked: Did you see that guy who singled a doomsayer?

Pearson: Why would you single a doomsayer? Thats like taking a Ferarri and putting family seating in it.

#67 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:37 PM

I got a new one for wars, and for modding.

War: Threw out my back by stopping to fast mid run to avoid a guy in CTF. I have a hard time fully stretching out my right leg now, and I can't bend to get darts, I have to kneel.

Modding: I was scraping some really sticky (it was dry too) paint off the Beast with an X-acto knife, that will leave a nice scar in a place the sun doesn't see....

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#68 Boss18

Boss18

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:51 PM

I got a new one for wars, and for modding.

War: Threw out my back by stopping to fast mid run to avoid a guy in CTF. I have a hard time fully stretching out my right leg now, and I can't bend to get darts, I have to kneel.

Modding: I was scraping some really sticky (it was dry too) paint off the Beast with an X-acto knife, that will leave a nice scar in a place the sun doesn't see....

You stabbed your ding dong with an X-acto knife?

As far as other injurys i have go,
Once I was hacksawing somthing on my knee(Very stupid idea!) And I gave myself a long, this cut.Still have a decent sized scar.

Edited by Boss18, 27 March 2009 - 04:43 PM.

D0 U LiK3Z /\/\UDkIpZ? http://kevan.org/brain.cgi?Burnboy85 <--- Clicky Cliky!

#69 death by cheez

death by cheez

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 02:52 PM

Right next to it.... stupid gym shorts don't protect anything.... but in all essentil-ness I am that skilled.

http://fairview.dead...eadfrontier.com

Great game, zombie apocalypse MMORPG. I'm acer34p3r on there.

#70 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 03:25 PM

I guess it was March 2007 in Massachusetts. During one of the rounds towards the end of the day I had to take a piss, real bad. I was ( if memory serves ), the only member of my team remaining, facing two members of the other team. The other two guys agreed to pause the round, so I went off in search of an accommodating tree ( since the park had no facilities ). Quite a few pedestrians were wandering around and I was having trouble finding a tree. In an effort to get back to the round quicker, I started to run around, while trying to find one. I don't recall exactly why my footing got fucked up, but I tripped over a little hill or something and dislocated my kneecap. At this point I was pretty far away from the group and couldn't walk, so I sat there for about twenty minutes yelling until OMC finally found me. Eventually I found out that my kneecap had severed a piece of cartilage which had swollen and had to be surgically removed. I still have three small scars around my knee.

#71 hopper055

hopper055

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:02 PM

I was modifying a water gun to shoot darts and it had a end cap thing on it. I needed to take it off to put a barrel on it and the knife slipped here is a picture. If I need to remove the picture just tell me or pm me.
Posted Image
If I want pointless discussions about who's dildo has more lights and fancy colours I come to this section.

#72 Vistagecko

Vistagecko

• Members
  • 327 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:24 PM

I took a stefan in the ankle from a big blast at the Winter Ohio war in December. It hit at a weird angle and sliced off a big chunk o' ankle skin. I still have a good sized scar from it.

Yeah, sorry about that, Joe.

My worst injury: I was dremeling and my cutting wheel exploded. Took almost an hour to remove the shrapnel from my cheek.

Edited by Vistagecko, 27 March 2009 - 04:25 PM.

QUOTE(The Kart Racing Nerf Man @ May 6 2009, 07:31 PM) View Post

I lubed it again and again, I don't see what an extra 2 centimeters does. I don't think I will cut it off.
BMX Forum

#73 Salmon

Salmon

• Members
  • 447 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 04:48 PM

Haven't been to a war yet, but so far my worst modding injuries have been:
1. Getting extremely high-temperature hot glue ALL OVER my leg, arm, and hand whilst modding with a friend,
2. Burning the crap out of my finger on searing hot brass, and
3. Pinching my finger inside of a Powerclip and getting this big, nasty welt/blood blister.
That last one actually didn't hurt THAT bad, but eventually, the blood inside the blister dried up and congealed and I had to peel off a bit of the skin to get it out.
. . .
Well, after that previous statement, I don't think I'll be eating for a while. *ralphs*

~Salmon

Edited by Salmon, 27 March 2009 - 04:48 PM.

Welcome to I-dont-care-isburg, population: me.
We're located in I-Don't-Give-a-Damn County, in scenic Shut-the-Hell-Up-achussets.
Maybe you're familiar with our annual charity drive where we ask for shit, and no one gives any.

#74 aamiller321

aamiller321

• Members
  • 170 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 06:30 PM

Once I fell down some stairs in a standoff and got a nasty bruise on my head, and broke a few toes.
QUOTE(sidamazo @ Nov 20 2008, 03:51 PM) View Post

y the hell r u here?
Challenge me
QUOTE(CoasterDynamix757 @ Jul 5 2009, 11:29 AM) View Post

Ice, is it your time of the month again?

#75 black slate

black slate

• Members
  • 29 posts

Posted 27 March 2009 - 10:06 PM

[quote name='aamiller321' date='Mar 27 2009, 05:30 PM' post='220181']
Once I fell down some stairs in a standoff and got a nasty bruise on my head, and broke a few toes.
[/quote
Nerf War: was trying to dodge a dart, slipped, had a nitefinder in my pocket, and impaled myself with the side of the gun. It took a nice chunk of skin off my hip.

Modding: I tried to get the cap off a supermax 5000 with a screwdriver, screwdriver slipped and i cut my hand. It bled for awhile, still have the scar.
If you think your life sucks......
just remind yourself of your bestfriend

I have a photographic memory.
I just ran out of film when i was 3.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users