1" Backer Rod

Is it good?

13 replies to this topic

#1 nat

nat

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 02:57 PM

I was looking and on loghelp and I saw that the sizes of backer rod get up to 4" and was wondering if those sizes of are good quality.

Edited by nat, 18 May 2008 - 05:04 PM.

If practice makes perfect and nobody is perfect, then why practice.

I pitty you foo! ~MR. T

#2 Guest_DarkInfection_*

Guest_DarkInfection_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:40 PM

­

Edited by DarkInfection, 23 June 2010 - 09:33 PM.

#3 nat

nat

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 03:46 PM

Ok,cool I might get some 1" backer rod this summer and make some mongo stefans

I pitty you foo! ~MR. T

#4 boisie

boisie

• Members
  • 303 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 04:08 PM

Now I feel the need to make a nerf cannon that shoots 4" backer rod with a nice weight in the center (Not enough to injure someone) and call it my artillery.
QUOTE(One Man Clan) View Post
You understand what you just did posting a picture of 4 girls on a message board chock full of nerdy virgins, right?
QUOTE(Foamfoot) View Post
Maybe if we download Ubuntu Christian edition, God will help us install it.

#5 nat

nat

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 04:13 PM

Now I feel the need to make a nerf cannon that shoots 4" backer rod with a nice weight in the center (Not enough to injure someone) and call it my artillery.

That would be really cool!!

I pitty you foo! ~MR. T

#6 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 18 May 2008 - 04:32 PM

Is their fbr grey? Ive been looking for a place to buy in bulk but was wanting a bright color.

#7 Ambience 327

Ambience 327

• Members
  • 561 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 08:20 AM

I was just thinking the same thing as I was browsing their FBR. I think you could get away with a slightly heavier weight if you embed it into the tip so that it is flush, then add a short length of additional foam on top of it to cushion the impact. It would probably work if the "missile" was long enough behind the weight to counter the unbalancing effect that the foam tip would have. (You might also be able to trim the tip a bit to round it, improving the flight characteristics a bit more.)

But man, you would need some serious air or a large plunger to push a dart that big any decent distance. It would be quite cool though - but not exactly the most practical thing since it wouldn't be any easier to hit a moving target at long range.
Foam in the Fort IV
The fourth exciting Nerf War in Fort Wayne, IN.

#8 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 12:57 PM

I think that if you ould get the right sized FBR, make darts that go INSIDE the titan barrel, with the front and back ar's out. You could get that to go at least 70 feet.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#9 AlaskaRecon

AlaskaRecon

• Members
  • 26 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 05:57 PM

couldnt you just launch nerf balls and calll it a mortar?
"How did he get hit with friendly fire?"
"His throat, ran into my knife"

OH go and Nerf with you Neopet!
Why dont yo... why did you have to bring that up?

#10 Bomberman

Bomberman

• Members
  • 730 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:02 PM

Possibly, but I am pretty sure that the balls are too wide to fit in the barrel.
QUOTE(silentsnipe) View Post

It's not like that. I put lube on it and its the same. Its just stuck. And when I cock it back it goes farther back then usual. Also I push as hard as I can and it wont go back in. I've tried the methods and they wont work. Also pics are up.

#11 ultra920

ultra920

• Members
  • 272 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 06:18 PM

Possibly, but I am pretty sure that the balls are too wide to fit in the barrel.

Don't want to shove balls in tight spaces. Trust me, bad idea.

Is their fbr grey? Ive been looking for a place to buy in bulk but was wanting a bright color.

Yeah. It shows it in the picture.Grey.
There is no Ultra, only a 920.

PSN: ultra920 MGO:ultra920 shoot me an MGO invite if you play

#12 ejrasmussen

ejrasmussen

• Members
  • 205 posts

Posted 19 May 2008 - 11:33 PM

You are kidding right? You dont need bright colors to see something 4'' wide.

#13 Blacksunshine

Blacksunshine

• Members
  • 948 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 02:08 AM

couldnt you just launch nerf balls and calll it a mortar?

yes you could. But the whole idea is to get away from having to pay for the high priced nerf ammo and find cheap alternatives that work just as well at a fraction of the price.
Forgive my spelling and grammar. I post from my cell phone a lot. Sometimes when I'm on the can at work.

#14 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 20 May 2008 - 05:10 AM

You are kidding right? You dont need bright colors to see something 4'' wide.

Yeah I'm just that retarded. What the hell... why would I? Think before you post next time. I was planning on getting some .5 inch fbr.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users