Dart Holding Gloves

A new nerf product that i made myself

67 replies to this topic

#26 angelof DEATH182

angelof DEATH182

• Members
  • 135 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:00 AM

Make a dart-holding headband next, Should fit 30-40 darts.

#27 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:19 AM

Alright I need to stop this topic for just a moment and point out that you are now officially crocheting nerf accessories. I mean, I applaud your ingenuity, but between that and the larping the question must be asked. Do you SCUN guys COLLECT embarrassing hobbies?

Just tell me it's all part of some elaborate drinking game and I'll be totally fine with it.

Oh, and if you're still taking requests I want a set of little mittens for my dog. It's chilly in Jersey.

#28 BustaNinja

BustaNinja

• Members
  • 1,916 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:51 AM

Alright I need to stop this topic for just a moment and point out that you are now officially crocheting nerf accessories. I mean, I applaud your ingenuity, but between that and the larping the question must be asked. Do you SCUN guys COLLECT embarrassing hobbies?

Just tell me it's all part of some elaborate drinking game and I'll be totally fine with it.

Oh, and if you're still taking requests I want a set of little mittens for my dog. It's chilly in Jersey.

Yeah, I kinda have to agree with VACC on this one. Really.

But those do have to me some of the manliest looking knitted gloves made. Sure, very impractical and useless but they look pretty cool. I won't be surprised if you come out with a dart holding headband. Then knitted bandeliros.

In fact, why not knit an entire Nerf outfit? Complete with floral print daisies on the sleeves.
Me: Yeah. he beat a hooker
Venom: Haven't we all?

#29 Secran

Secran

• Members
  • 12 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:26 AM

Oh lordy, what's next, crocheted ammo belts for the vulcan?

But props are deserved for clever hobby hybridization, even though the glove and wristband combo vaguely reminds me of the star chip gloves from yu-gi-oh...

#30 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:28 PM

We're not the ones embarrassed by it.

In fact, it's only better when it's freaking people out.

Now, to be serious, Last time I checked, the whole nerf Hobby revolves around ingenuity... and Cheese-Boy certainly is showing it.

Edited by baghead, 28 February 2008 - 04:41 PM.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#31 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 04:36 PM

Need we re-iterate the acronym MAAOOYIP?

It's called Making An Ass Out of Yourself In Public for a reason... If we were actually embarrassed by it, we would've stopped long ago.

Think of it this way...would you rather have friends who have next to no inhibitions in public, and as such are a hoot to be around, though you need not join in the fun, or would you rather have friends who TALK about nerfing all of the time, act like they're gods gift to nerfers and enjoy compiling their personal war performance stats online in a proverbial dick wagging contest, only to stop attending wars altogether?

And for the record, though yarn has a slight tendency to get itchy when you're sweaty, it breathes like a kilt on a windy day.

Edited by Falcon, 28 February 2008 - 04:43 PM.

----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#32 Robrich8705

Robrich8705

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:32 PM

Cool gloves... I like the concept.

Embarrassing hobbies aside, here's the real question.

...Will you be selling these?
QUOTE(VACC @ Feb 28 2008, 10:56 PM) View Post

Christ, this is a nerf discussion forum. You're not allowed to "be the bigger man". Stop taking the fucking high road and knit little voodoo dolls of the horsemen already!

#33 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 05:33 PM

If pride was ever the issue, I don't think any of us would be running around with brightly colored guns shooting darts at each other.

Edited by Cannonball, 28 February 2008 - 05:33 PM.

#34 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:08 PM

Think of it this way...would you rather have friends who have next to no inhibitions in public, and as such are a hoot to be around, though you need not join in the fun, or would you rather have friends who TALK about nerfing all of the time, act like they're gods gift to nerfers and enjoy compiling their personal war performance stats online in a proverbial dick wagging contest, only to stop attending wars altogether?

Falcon, if that's a shot at me you're pretty fucking far off base. I guarantee I went to more wars than you last year, and I've already attended 2 big wars this year, one of which I had to drive 3 and a half hours each way to attend. Besides, I never said you were embarrassed by your activities, I just jokingly implied that you should be. I thought it was obvious that I was including nerf in your list of embarrassing hobbies (thus poking fun at myself). Though, in all seriousness, your intense defense of a passing comment I made speaks volumes. For someone with no inhibitions you sure seem to be awfully concerned about even the most friendly of prodding.

But seriously, wool nerfing gloves are incredibly silly.

#35 Eboreg

Eboreg

• Banned
  • 220 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 06:34 PM

VACC, the problem with internet forums is that noone can see your face or hear your voice so the tone of the talk is very ambiguous. (Please don't hurt me)
Always bring your sword to battle.

I pity the fool who attempts to use a single-shot blaster against me.

#36 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 07:02 PM

Falcon, if that's a shot at me you're pretty fucking far off base. I guarantee I went to more wars than you last year, and I've already attended 2 big wars this year, one of which I had to drive 3 and a half hours each way to attend. Besides, I never said you were embarrassed by your activities, I just jokingly implied that you should be. I thought it was obvious that I was including nerf in your list of embarrassing hobbies (thus poking fun at myself). Though, in all seriousness, your intense defense of a passing comment I made speaks volumes. For someone with no inhibitions you sure seem to be awfully concerned about even the most friendly of prodding.

I think he was trying to make fun of other Prominent East nerfers... I mean, we all know you're a goof at heart.

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#37 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 07:50 PM

I think he was trying to make fun of other Prominent East nerfers... I mean, we all know you're a goof at heart.

SHUT UP! I totally knew that.

#38 Cheese-Boy

Cheese-Boy

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 08:28 PM

If pride was ever the issue, I don't think any of us would be running around with brightly colored guns shooting darts at each other.

my point exactly :P and this has been established

that they are!

and the question was raised if i'm selling them? Quote -"Embarrassing hobbies aside, here's the real question. ...Will you be selling these?"- sure! pm me, or email me. i've had some people interested. so, yes. :D
We stand for Justice! We are like the finger, up the nose of evil! They will not flee from our reach!

#39 Famine

Famine

• Members
  • 545 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 09:30 PM

Don't most people tend to be friends with neither? I mean, I know SoCal is a pretty weird place but I didn't realize the entire male population between 14 and 30 was evenly divided between those precise two demographics. Fuckin sucks for you guys, I'm... I'm sorry.

Anyways, those of us on the Superior Coast are blessed with a different sort of group. People like Hersh, Groove, Slug, Shindig, Vacc, and myself who tend to fall into the "generaly friendly, outgoing, fun to be around yet still manage to conduct themselves in a slightly mature and socially appropriate manner. Plus, their contributions to the NIC tend to be practical and they're ALOT better at Nerfing than people from other regions of the continental US, Canada, and Hawaii."

Granted the cost of living is pretty high but you might want to look into relocating to out here. I think you might be happier.

Of course we also have Rambo and Langley here so maybe it all evens out...

p.s. - I'm glad you enjoy knitting. The gloves and wristbands are retarded.

Update - I collect Nerf guns, buy comic books on a weekly basis, have several Transformers prominently displayed on my computer desk, and paid $100 for a box of poorly painted plastic miniature gaming pieces.

My wife, while respecting Cheese-boy's knitting abilities (being somewhat of an amateur scarf-maker herself), wants to know why he is still being allowed to breathe after posting these pictures.
~Famine
of Mag-7
East Coast Nerf 2005: Step It Up.
East Coast Nerf 2006: That's more like it.
East Coast Nerf 2007: I'm not driving to Massachusetts again.
East Coast Nerf 2008: Day of Regret.
East Coast Nerf 2009: Quid pro quo, douchebags!

#40 TED

TED

In Brightest Prawn, in Darkest Shrimp...

• Administrators
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 09:50 PM

Anyways, those of us on the Superior Coast are blessed with a different sort of group. People like Hersh, Groove, Slug, Shindig, Vacc, and myself who tend to fall into the "generaly friendly, outgoing, fun to be around yet still manage to conduct themselves in a slightly mature and socially appropriate manner. Plus, their contributions to the NIC tend to be practical and they're ALOT better at Nerfing than people from other regions of the continental US, Canada, and Hawaii."

Oh so what I don't deserve to be mentioned? I guess it doesn't matter that I show up to every freaking war and consistently kick ass! I guess I should be used to being overlooked. No one cares about dark shrimp member number 165. The only recognition I get is from the most hated member on the boards, and all he tried to do was make money off of me. You think that throwing up a "happy birthday Dark shrimp" thread once a year is enough to satisfy my needs? Well it's not I should be getting one at least once a week!

I hate you!

I never want to nerf ever again!

Edited by Dark Shrimp, 28 February 2008 - 10:02 PM.

Star Wars can go fuck itself.

#41 Cheese-Boy

Cheese-Boy

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:23 PM

Don't most people tend to be friends with neither? I mean, I know SoCal is a pretty weird place but I didn't realize the entire male population between 14 and 30 was evenly divided between those precise two demographics. Fuckin sucks for you guys, I'm... I'm sorry.

Granted the cost of living is pretty high but you might want to look into relocating to out here. I think you might be happier.

Of course we also have Rambo and Langley here so maybe it all evens out...

p.s. - I'm glad you enjoy knitting. The gloves and wristbands are retarded.

Update - I collect Nerf guns, buy comic books on a weekly basis, have several Transformers prominently displayed on my computer desk, and paid $100 for a box of poorly painted plastic miniature gaming pieces.

My wife, while respecting Cheese-boy's knitting abilities (being somewhat of an amateur scarf-maker herself), wants to know why he is still being allowed to breathe after posting these pictures.

first of all, i want to know how we've taken this so far off topic... knitting/Crocheting Nerf Accessories, to Social Standards. hmm...

how am I still allowed to breath? Good question. the even great question is, how is Bags still here with all his quirkyness. i guarantee you, that if He came up with a way to incorporate the Sock-plush-creatures that HE sews together, he would. and he would make it greatly known. The fact is, no matter where you go, when you say to some one, yes, i play with plastic, foam shooting, guns once a month, people are going to tilt their heads. generally people over the age of 12 (let alone 25) don't normally do that. So, i have two hobbies and tried to merge them together, because i don't always spend money on Nerf Guns. In fact, my Fiancee asked me not to spend any more money on them.

Frankly, i think we just want something creative to do. Thats why we Nerfers take apart toys and turn it into a competitive sport. And you get the satisfaction of creating something that you can use. I've found that Crocheting fits that perfectly, especially when i can't drop $10-$20 on a gun. It's much easier to put down a dollar on 3 balls of yarn. I already have 2 ideas on actually using my Crochet on Modifying two of my guns. i'll post those when i do.

So, i'm gonna make me some Nerf Gun Holsters...

Edited by Cheese-Boy, 28 February 2008 - 11:32 PM.

We stand for Justice! We are like the finger, up the nose of evil! They will not flee from our reach!

#42 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 10:56 PM

Christ, this is a nerf discussion forum. You're not allowed to "be the bigger man". Stop taking the fucking high road and knit little voodoo dolls of the horsemen already!

#43 Cannonball

Cannonball

• Members
  • 357 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:21 PM

I think if you started crocheting crossbow cozies people would warm up to it a little more.

In all seriousness, I like the idea of just using whatever you've got and working with it. crocheting gloves with built in ammo holsters is a way to get around the problem of stuffing darts in your pockets. I personally think massive cargo pockets are ridiculous but to each his own. I think innovation is a very important part of what we do here in any case.

#44 Cheese-Boy

Cheese-Boy

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:25 PM

:blink: that was the point that i was trying to make...

and yessir! right away sir! Mini Knitted Dart Shooting Horsemen of Doom, on your way as soon as i can!

Edited by Cheese-Boy, 28 February 2008 - 11:42 PM.

#45 Falcon

Falcon

Velcro'd Beanpole

• Members
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 28 February 2008 - 11:42 PM

...those of us on the Superior Coast are blessed with a different sort of group. People like Hersh, Groove, Slug, Shindig, Vacc, and myself who tend to fall into the "generaly friendly, outgoing, fun to be around yet still manage to conduct themselves in a slightly mature and socially appropriate manner.

I consider maturity more of knowing WHEN to goof off and be an idiot, rather than choosing not to. What's fun is fun, and I can be serious when I have to be. But that's not about to stop me from having my own kind of fun in a public place, regardless of how weird people might think I am.

VACC...yeah, that was pretty much a shot at Evil, though since he barely posts now anyway, he'll probably never even know it happened, which is kinda disappointing. Oh well, he can go do his number-crunching without us.
----------||||||||)
QUOTE(Ilùvatar @ 0000) View Post
Of the theme that I have declared to you, I will now that ye make in harmony together a Great Music.

#46 Robrich8705

Robrich8705

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 01:18 AM

I already have 2 ideas on actually using my Crochet on Modifying two of my guns. i'll post those when i do.

So, i'm gonna make me some Nerf Gun Holsters...

I have to say... that would actually be really cool. I can't crochet or anything like that myself, but my friend's really into doing blankets, and now clothes for her sister's new baby. It's a damned impressive hobby.

And seriously... crochet nerf holsters? That's just awesome.
QUOTE(VACC @ Feb 28 2008, 10:56 PM) View Post

#47 Cheese-Boy

Cheese-Boy

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 04:30 AM

ok, actually, this is no longer Dart holding, and it's not quite a holster. but this is very practical for it's use. though i'm only going to show one picture, because it really belongs in the Modification thread. So, go look for it there for a few other pictures.

this is my Crochet Glove that holds a plunger tube and shot from an "Auto-Grip". tight, but comfortable. It took a little longer than i expected. so... many stitches... aaahh... and i STILL need to make dart holders and a thumb piece for it. gah...

Posted Image

#48 Kenpachi Taicho

Kenpachi Taicho

• Members
  • 80 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 11:51 AM

I wasn't all that impressed with the dart holsters you made, but this is in a different league. I agree that in a warm temperature environment they would make you annoyingly warm, but up here in Canada those would make all the difference! You get full props from me on being able to make something so functional for a war out of yarn!

#49 Kabuki

Kabuki

• Banned
  • 64 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 03:22 PM

ok, actually, this is no longer Dart holding, and it's not quite a holster. but this is very practical for it's use. though i'm only going to show one picture, because it really belongs in the Modification thread. So, go look for it there for a few other pictures.

this is my Crochet Glove that holds a plunger tube and shot from an "Auto-Grip". tight, but comfortable. It took a little longer than i expected. so... many stitches... aaahh... and i STILL need to make dart holders and a thumb piece for it. gah...

Holy Hooks and Needles, Nerfman! I'm really impressed. I fully understand the skill and determination it takes to both design something like this and implement it. Especially in what, a day? Crap! It takes me two nights to build a wrist watch from leather and hardware. And that's using an existing design.

You've given me a an idea though... I think I'll make myself a couple of wrist cuffs for holding darts, while my wife is at work tomorrow. It's going to rain anyway...
QUOTE(Dark Shrimp @ Feb 21 2008, 06:03 AM) View Post

How come no one ever intends to create a pun? Whenever I make a pun it is always intended. There's nothing wrong with puns.

#50 Cheese-Boy

Cheese-Boy

• Members
  • 65 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 07:01 PM

You've given me a an idea though... I think I'll make myself a couple of wrist cuffs for holding darts, while my wife is at work tomorrow. It's going to rain anyway...

is that leather, like you said? or is it knitted? either way, INSPIRED!! YES! :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users