Free Pain, Anyone?

Cool looking pvc sword (showcase only)

16 replies to this topic

#1 RaZeR ShArP

RaZeR ShArP

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 09:22 PM

Here is my PVC sword, customized to suit me. It still doesnt have the blade painted silver but I was anxious so... Here is the beauty.

Its the only good pic I got, Ill take more soon.

Posted Image
"If only you could upgrade to a bigger one. Double the length and watch as others cower in fear of your balls." -Shadow Hunter Alpha

"I had just used some silicone spray on the plunger, and saw a nice increase in range. So I told my wife that lubing up makes my balls shoot further." -Carbon

#2 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 09:31 PM

I have one that I made too, but I used a different construction. It was a prop for a jackass-esque movie I was making with my buddy. We are going to run into the middle of a football game at school and start beating eachother to shit with our swords.

Anyways, I'll post a picture if I have the time.

Mine looks alot safer than your's though...
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#3 CaptainSlug

CaptainSlug

Resident Mad Scientist

• Administrators
  • 4,763 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 10:23 PM

Haha, that's strange. I've been tempted to make a foam covered Nerf bat substitute sword recently. Mainly because I ordered WAY too much PVC pipe and I need something to do with it.

Edited by CaptainSlug, 19 April 2006 - 11:20 PM.

The little critters of nature, they don't know that they're ugly. That's very funny, a fly marrying a bumble bee. I told you I'd shoot, but you didn't believe me. Why didn't you believe me?

#4 KnightValor

KnightValor

• Members
  • 39 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 10:30 PM

Lmao! Funny how popular this topic is (or rather, not unpopular)... If I were to post about making a pvc sword on ANY OTHER FORUM I would probably get banned and flamed all the way to hell. :wacko:

You should make it so you can ram a dart into the handle and arc it to shoot the dart out.

Then you just need to make some kind of bolt system for quick reload... Lol. Think about it. "Hey guys, I brought this sword to our nerf war for close combat!" Sure enough, next time someone charges you, whip it down at them and get an easy kill. Well, maybe not easy, but... :D
Newbie... But one that uses the search button ^_^

#5 baghead

baghead

Cheetos

• Members
  • 1,366 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 10:57 PM

Lmao! Funny how popular this topic is (or rather, not unpopular)... If I were to post about making a pvc sword on ANY OTHER FORUM I would probably get banned and flamed all the way to hell. :wacko:

You should make it so you can ram a dart into the handle and arc it to shoot the dart out.

Then you just need to make some kind of bolt system for quick reload... Lol. Think about it. "Hey guys, I brought this sword to our nerf war for close combat!" Sure enough, next time someone charges you, whip it down at them and get an easy kill. Well, maybe not easy, but... :D

it's soo blatently obvious that you're new it's just sad.

Sharp, put some foam on that thang.

-bags

Don't call it a comeback, I never left.

#6 Vicious-V

Vicious-V

• Members
  • 56 posts

Posted 19 April 2006 - 11:23 PM

Leave the tip open so you can load darts in there. You can launch them by flicking the sword.

#7 blinkycc13

blinkycc13

• Members
  • 74 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 01:17 AM

Looks good! It would be cool to incorporate some sort of internals (at2k?) into the handle area and make a gunblade. In fact, i might just try that myself.
QUOTE(Dark Shrimp @ Nov 10 2006, 11:06 PM) View Post

This is called a screwdriver it is used to unscrew or screw in screws.

#8 Black Wrath

Black Wrath

• Members
  • 1,071 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 06:39 AM

Leave the tip open so you can load darts in there. You can launch them by flicking the sword.

Why?!

Looks good! It would be cool to incorporate some sort of internals (at2k?) into the handle area and make a gunblade. In fact, i might just try that myself.

Again, why?!

That's just not even cool. The point of a sword is to be a sharpened stick with which you beat people. You don't swing your sword and then blast a dart at someone from the pommel.

KnightV, smarten up. You used "lmao" and "lol" a few times in your post, and it really took away from your potential. Remember that capitalizing "Lmao" and "Lol" does not make it okay to use them; it just makes you look like a new-age AIM kid.

Oh, and stray from those annoying smilies and avoid using multiple spaces inbetween paragraphs. Just clean up, or you're going to start feeling hate from others.

On to the sword, I mentioned that mine looked safer than your's and it's probably because I have 1/2" ID (11/4" OD) pipe insulation sheathed over mine. It's like a condom; be safe.

Get it?
Xx_Black-Wrath_xX of The Canadian Foam Militia

Not in the game anymore, but it was great while it lasted. Thanks for the great years of fun, NH!
--
Resident "Spawn of Talio"

#9 Paloose

Paloose

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 06:40 AM

Like Baghead said, get some foam on the blade. I'm sure most people would rather get hit with foam covered pvc than straight pvc. What size pipe are you using? If your using 1/2" pvc than get 3/4" pipe insulation and slide it over the piping to the crossguard and either tape or glue it into place. And if you want to thrust than leave about an 1.5" hanging off the end and stick foam inside of the opening and secure with tape.

That is under my assumption that you will be engaged in mock combat and are looking for safety.

Edit: Black Wrath beat me to it.

Edited by Paloose, 20 April 2006 - 06:45 AM.

#10 Gyrvalcon

Gyrvalcon

• Members
  • 109 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 07:18 AM

The point of a sword is to be a sharpened stick with which you beat people. You don't swing your sword and then blast a dart at someone from the pommel.

I would beg to differ. People have been "swinging and then blasting" (although not necessarily with darts) since the late 17th century.

Eighteenth century flintlock sword-pistol

They were often used as hunting swords, designed to place two weapons in one hand.

But a cool sword, with or without blaster capabilities
-Knowledge Is Power-

#11 RaZeR ShArP

RaZeR ShArP

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 09:46 AM

Thanks for all the compliments, guys. I like it the way it is, but I will insulate it.
"If only you could upgrade to a bigger one. Double the length and watch as others cower in fear of your balls." -Shadow Hunter Alpha

"I had just used some silicone spray on the plunger, and saw a nice increase in range. So I told my wife that lubing up makes my balls shoot further." -Carbon

#12 Paloose

Paloose

• Members
  • 143 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 11:03 AM

You can still keep the blade look and color by putting duct tape on the pipe insulation, although I must warn you, try to put the tape on in verticle strips on the foam. Try to steer away from wrapping the tape in a spiral fashion, for this will make the foam heavy, hard, and painful.

Try to keep an eye out on the foam because after variouse fights the foam will start to break down and will need replacing. Believe me, it feels like being smacked on the head with straight pvc.

As an added note, to make swings a little more easy attach a counter weight of lead or some other kind of metal to off-set the weight of the blade.

#13 RaZeR ShArP

RaZeR ShArP

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 03:18 PM

You can still keep the blade look and color by putting duct tape on the pipe insulation, although I must warn you, try to put the tape on in verticle strips on the foam. Try to steer away from wrapping the tape in a spiral fashion, for this will make the foam heavy, hard, and painful.

Try to keep an eye out on the foam because after variouse fights the foam will start to break down and will need replacing. Believe me, it feels like being smacked on the head with straight pvc.

As an added note, to make swings a little more easy attach a counter weight of lead or some other kind of metal to off-set the weight of the blade.

I can do that. Thanks so much for everyone's help with this, it means a lot to have approval and assistance.
Also: If I could do any design you wanted, would anyone buy one?

#14 AssassinNF

AssassinNF

• Members
  • 904 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 05:11 PM

Why do that when you can leave the whole thing open and use it as a blowgun as well as a sword?

(I have windows 95 and I can't use quotes, or any of the other features (bold, italic, underline, link, etc.) on this board because of some stupid error messages... damn.)

EDIT: I found out how to use the [] and [/] stuff instead of the buttons, thanks to ompa.

Edited by AssassinNF, 20 April 2006 - 06:37 PM.

Probably dead by now, or something.

#15 RaZeR ShArP

RaZeR ShArP

• Members
  • 152 posts

Posted 20 April 2006 - 06:02 PM

Thats its original form, it worked AWFULLY. I like it the way it is, with insulation to prevent death. (joking)

Edited by RaZeR_ShArP, 21 April 2006 - 07:27 PM.

#16 EastCoastNerfer

EastCoastNerfer

• Members
  • 20 posts

Posted 21 April 2006 - 09:23 PM

Nice ideas guys. However, BOTH the gunblade and the fling-dart-sword have already been created. They used to be on Nerf Evolved under Flingord and Gunblade, I think, but it seems as though the site has been removed or something... If you're still interested in Flingord plans, here you go, but it's kind of hard to see/read:
http://images.google...G=Search Images

The gunblade, as I recall, was made from a splitfire with (a) bent barrel(s), cardboard, and duct tape, as seen here:
http://images.google...F-8&sa=N&tab=wi

Personally, I find that the Flingord concept is somewhat practical for H2H Nerfers. In fact, I've used this means of propulsion (although with a mini-lacrosse stick and jellybeans) with deadly accuracy, ending in a peg to the temple from about a good 20 yards or more away after some practice.

Edited by EastCoastNerfer, 22 April 2006 - 10:46 AM.

QUOTE(Black Wrath @ Apr 20 2006, 03:39 AM) View Post

I have 1/2" ID (11/4" OD) pipe insulation sheathed over mine. It's like a condom; be safe.

#17 dragon26

dragon26

• Members
  • 19 posts

Posted 23 April 2006 - 01:58 AM

I had a write-up on Nerf Evolved on those swords with the darts you could fling out. Seems I cant get to NE anymore though. :)

Edit: Didnt notice the last page. Yeah the flingord. Couldnt remember what it was callled. I put that up there a loooooong time ago. So yeah the flinging darts out the end of swords has been done before.

Edit2: I think I have the basic un-pimpified plans for the Flingord somewhere on my PC if someone wants them. Squandy made the picture that you see in the Google image all cool and stuff. Anyone perchance happen to have like an archive of NE? Or is it just totally gone?

Edited by dragon26, 23 April 2006 - 02:04 AM.

Sometimes you just have to bash a n00b into the ground.-Suave

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users