Image Scaling And Rotation Options

No more "Sorry for the huge pic"

3 replies to this topic

#1 taerKitty

taerKitty

• Members
  • 883 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 09:18 AM

Here are two tools to ensure my hi-MP photos don't force NHers get motion sickness scrolling their browser, and that no one gets a sore neck because one of my photos is in the wrong orientation.
  • PhotoBucket - Uploading my pics to PhotoBucket automatically scales them down to a manageable size. In fact, the ability to share high-res images is actually a premium 'feature', so image size management is no longer an issue. PhotoBucket also allows rotating the image, such as when the camera phone misjudges the orientation.

• IrfanView - If you have your own photo hosting solution or have objections to PB's ToS, you can use any number of free image editing tools (besides MS Paint). IrfanView allows for conversion between file formats, resizing, and rotation.
And, for when someone else posts a huge pic in a busy thread, to keep from having to scroll left-and-right to read the text, Firefox add-ons exist:
  • AdBlockPlus - If the image isn't worth looking at, just adblock it, and it goes away. Forever.

• ImageZoom - This rescales and rotates images. Unlike AdBlockPlus, the changes aren't persistent, so each time that thread with stupidly large pics is re-viewed, each large image has to be individually and manually resized.
Now, please stop posting images that requires panning on a 1920 wide monitor.

Edited by taerKitty, 11 June 2010 - 09:19 AM.

Fugly is a feature.

#2 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 03:44 PM

They didn't have monitors in 1920.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#3 Lion

Lion

• Members
  • 244 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 05:19 PM

They did, They just called them Windows back then though.

#4 Zachfrog

Zachfrog

• Members
  • 54 posts

Posted 11 June 2010 - 10:41 PM

added that hilarious quote to my signature, while playing with my butthole.
QUOTE(Lion @ Jun 11 2010, 03:19 PM) View Post

QUOTE(Talio @ Jun 11 2010, 04:44 PM) View Post

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users