A Gift.

44 replies to this topic

#26 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:14 PM

First - take it to PMs Norther and Timmy... nobody cares.

Holy shit! That's the first time I've seen Rambo hit anything in like 4 years! Congrats man!

Holy shit! That's the first time I've seen Talio be an asshole in like 4 years days.

Rambo deserves it.

Having only met him once (and having only been to one war), I can say Rambo is easily one of the coolest guys I've ever met. He's lax, easy going, and really easy to get along with. I still give him props for easing me into ECNO. Oh, and he bought me pizza. That was fuckin' awesome.

It's one of the cool things I love about Nerf. Yeah, there's the material stuff, but under it, is a lot of great people.

Haha, you're one of the few people on NH that would say that, I imagine. Thanks.

As far as the gun goes... 'awesome' really is the only word to describe it. Thanks a million again, Forsaken.

Some comparisons vs. an average-modded Maxshot - gun that is the best in the category get's a 10, the other gets 9 or less:

Range: Pump shotty ( 10 ), Maxshot ( 8 )
Accuracy: Pump shotty ( 10 ), Maxshot ( 7.5 )
Ease of Use: Pump shotty ( 10 ), Maxshot ( 6 )
ROF: Pump shotty ( 10 ), Maxshot ( 7.5 )

Aside from the Doomsayer, the pump shotty bests all guns, crossbows included in all categories ( maybe not in ROF, but any gun that can get better ROF surely has shitty marks in another category ).

One cosmetic improvement suggestion I'd make to Forsaken is having the light switch flush ( rather than sticking out ) with the gun. It's no big deal, but it'd be nice to be able to set it down a little flatter and ensure that the light doesn't get turned on accidentally.

Edited by Rambo, 30 October 2008 - 12:07 AM.

#27 jwasko

jwasko

PowerBeard

• Moderators
  • 1,021 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 10:28 PM

Really off-topic: "Backseat-modding" would be better-termed "backseat-moderating," as in acting like a moderator when you are not a moderator.

And, if I might contribute my opinion on the mod video (which is only slightly off-topic, I guess):
1) I did not find Angel's LnL mod video particularly informative, but perhaps that is because I am not very familiar with LnLs.

2) I did find these videos to be more informative, although that comes with a background of:
A. Reading the modification writeup(s) for this balster several/many times.
B. Seeing the interrnals of the blaster
C. Modding one myself, to a degree somewhat less than Angel's original.

What I'm trying to say is: this video is great as a supplement/update to Angel's original modification of the ERTL Pumpshot Gun (look it up in the directory, I don't feel like getting the URL).

For me, at least, this video certainly clarifies a few steps in the original modification that were not explained adequately and/or did not have adequate pictures. Basically, cases in which he told us what to do but not how to do it. Here, you can see how to do it.

As I was watching the video, I thought to myself:
-"I have the same screwdrivers! Shut up, Slug, they're awesome." (no offense, Captain)
-"Naturally, a coupler"
-"And there's the plunger padding...oh, what an efficient way to attach it!"
-"And pins through the foam! What an ingenious way to prevent the dart from getting sucked all the way into the chamber. I'll need to implement that. Much easier than putting something in/through the coupler"
-"That putty looks a lot easier and better for reinforcement, especially on the trigger/catch."
-"Note to self: some kind of green painter's tape?"
-"Safety first! *laughs*"
-etc.

Uh...probably minus some of the great vocabulary; gotta keep up the NH standards, you know?

The one thing that I didn't really "get" was the whole LED thing, but then it doesn't seem that difficult and I'm not at all interested in doing it anyway...or at least not in a blaster modification.

And by the way...I tried to post it in the comments on Youtube three times but it never worked: It's Apocalyptica.

So...yeah. Great work, Angel. It really made my day. <-only important part of this post

PS: Think of those kids' reactions when they find/found out that they met the one and only Forsaken_Angel24, master of modification.

Edited by jwasko, 29 October 2008 - 10:32 PM.

-Jwasko, STILL Sole Surviving member of Steel City Nerf and Sober Sister of the Sex Dwarves
We NERF ON all day, and FUCK OFF all night

#28 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 07:11 AM

Christ FA, you put a lot of work into your guns. I'm just amazed at how many fucking steps you take in putthing these things together. I'm sure Rambo appreciates your generousity.

Oh, and I have to say...

Some comparisons vs. an average-modded Maxshot - gun that is the best in the category get's a 10, the other gets 9 or less:

Range: Pump shotty ( 10 ), Maxshot ( 8 )
Accuracy: Pump shotty ( 10 ), Maxshot ( 7.5 )
Ease of Use: Pump shotty ( 10 ), Maxshot ( 6 )
ROF: Pump shotty ( 10 ), Maxshot ( 7.5 )

If I had previously fired your maxshot and arbitrarily broken it down on a scale of 8 for range, 7.5 for accuracy, 6 for function, and 7.5 for ROF in my head, I would now know exactly how good the shotgun is.

#29 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 08:51 AM

I can say Rambo is easily one of the coolest guys I've ever met.

Wow, you must be a pretty lonely guy.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#30 Groove

Groove

Certified Badass

• Founders
  • 1,673 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:58 AM

I can say Rambo is easily one of the coolest guys I've ever met.

I'm sorry, but you just lost any and all respect I had for you.

At any rate, entertaining video, FA.

-Groove

"Too close for missiles, I'm switchin' to guns"

#31 Rambo

Rambo

Fear the Robble...

• Members
  • 1,807 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:15 PM

If I had previously fired your maxshot and arbitrarily broken it down on a scale of 8 for range, 7.5 for accuracy, 6 for function, and 7.5 for ROF in my head, I would now know exactly how good the shotgun is.

I really can't tell if you're trying to mock me or if you're agreeing with me here... but like I said, it's just an opinion, based on personal experience.

Other assholes, neither of you have really had a legitimate conversation with me in ten ( just a guess... ) months. Not to say you're at fault in any way, but Gears' opinion of me is certainly far more valid than yours. I'm also not saying that what he said is 100% true, but your opinions of me are certainly riddled with memories of extremely stupid shit I used to do. Just because I haven't changed the way I act on the boards all that much doesn't mean I don't act differently.

Nice of you guys to shatter his sentiments about great people in the hobby, though...

#32 Talio

Talio

Not your mother

• Contributors
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 02:27 PM

I really can't tell if you're trying to mock me or if you're agreeing with me here... but like I said, it's just an opinion, based on personal experience.

Other assholes, neither of you have really had a legitimate conversation with me in ten ( just a guess... ) months. Not to say you're at fault in any way, but Gears' opinion of me is certainly far more valid than yours. I'm also not saying that what he said is 100% true, but your opinions of me are certainly riddled with memories of extremely stupid shit I used to do. Just because I haven't changed the way I act on the boards all that much doesn't mean I don't act differently.

Nice of you guys to shatter his sentiments about great people in the hobby, though...

Jesus your a touchy fucker. Do you realize how many times a day Vacc calls me a fag and I don't write 50 word essays about it. Now that you have a gun maybe you can get FA to help you grow a pair.

Talio.
New posts on my blog, check it out. - Click on the ad too, cause I get money per click. Give back to the Admin team for once!

#33 VACC

VACC

Vacc is Legend

• Founders
  • 3,265 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:03 PM

I can see tensions are running high, so let's all relax, just calm down, that's it. Go ahead, shake it out, just shake all that tention right out ow your body. Let's see some jazz hands here, good goood. Now I want everybody to close their eyes. You too, I see you, you rrrrrrascal! You're a rascal, aren't you! You. Are. A. Rascal! Close your eyes, yeah, that's it. I want everybody to think of a very calm and tranquil moment in their lives, and visualize it. Live in that moment, live it, breath it, be in it. Now relax your shoulders, just let all the tension pour out of you like water from a glass. Now relax your neck and let your chin touch your chest. Relax your arms and your chest, your stomache and legs, even relax your feet. Is that a tense toe? Don't make me get the hose, no I'm just kidding, relax. Ok, now slowly raise your right hand and place it over your heart. Feel it beating. Slowly rase your left hand and put it over your right hand. I want you to imagine that your hands are just slowing time down, just giving you clarity. Now gently slide them down to your stomach and feel the calmness there for a moment. Now slide one hand down to each thigh, pause, and now move them over to the top of your pants. Slowly unzip your fly and imagine the butterflies fluttering out, releasing all your nervous energy. Touch yourself. It feels good doesn't it. Yeeeaaahhh, I know it does. Now touch each other.

Problem solved.

VACC

#34 slowguitarman

slowguitarman

• Members
  • 1,113 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 03:07 PM

I have never felt so awkward while reading a forum post...
Your dreams were tight like a baby

SGM's Shred Shop -Mod Service

NerfHaven's resident drama queen.

#35 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 04:46 PM

Is it to much to ask that people stay on topic.
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#36 penguin807

penguin807

• Members
  • 358 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:00 PM

What a nice gun. I really have to go to Bass Pro and pick a Pump Shotgun up. I believe I'm going to snatch one sometime in the near future. Need a primary anyway (BBBs are stupid sometimes).

Before I get one, other than the catch needing to be reinforced, are there any notable problems that a Pump Action Shotgun has?

Excellent job on that beauty regardless.

#37 rork

rork

• Members
  • 1,008 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 05:47 PM

VACC: Wow. Just...Dear Lord, I didn't want to read, but I...couldn't stop, and now, if ever I meet any of the involved parties, I'll lose it, because I will be unable to get rid of that mental image. Thanks for nothing. :)

On topic: Angel, you've made me want to mod one of these things; before, I always thought they were kinda fugly, but no more.
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20296" target="_blank">SNAPbow Mk. V</a>
<a href="http://nerfhaven.com...howtopic=20409" target="_blank">Make it pump-action</a>

#38 Langley

Langley

LGLF - Since 2002

• Administrators
  • 2,997 posts

Posted 30 October 2008 - 10:06 PM

Is it to much to ask that people stay on topic.

A resounding yes.

You can poop in my toilet anytime champ.

2016 Nerf War Schedule
Bless you, my son. Now recite 3 New Members Guides and 5 Code of Conducts for your sins.

#39 Icespartan 1114

Icespartan 1114

Do NOT buy/sell with me

• DO NOT TRADE
  • 934 posts

Posted 31 October 2008 - 10:06 AM

That is a master peice Angel, I am sure that Rambo is extremly happy with it. Great work!
QUOTE(Zaxbys @ Mar 2 2009, 02:08 PM) View Post
I won't be there til about 1-2...

Church... gotta soak up that Jesus!

NERFSTRONG #51

#40 Connor

Connor

• Members
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 08:58 AM

This thing is sick!!! I love what you did to the RAMBO with the LEDs!!!!!
Nice work!! :lol:

Connor
Opinions are like Assholes, Everyone has one.

F_A 24 is the KING of nerf.

#41 Kyrativ

Kyrativ

• Members
  • 151 posts

Posted 01 November 2008 - 09:31 PM

I must do this! I've always wanted to do an LED lit name on a blaster but I just couldnt figure out how, amazing work angel however I do have a few questions:
1. What springs did you add?
2. Is this the same thing you did to your old pump action shotty?
3. What ranges is this moffo cappable of?
The only nerfer who could kick your ass with a dart tag gun but not with a xbow

NERFSTRONG #44

#42 Forsaken angel24

Forsaken angel24

• Contributors
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 03:12 AM

I must do this! I've always wanted to do an LED lit name on a blaster but I just couldnt figure out how, amazing work angel however I do have a few questions:
1. What springs did you add?
2. Is this the same thing you did to your old pump action shotty?
3. What ranges is this moffo cappable of?

1. Industrial spring.
2. More and less.
3. 100+
I don't get my kicks out of you,
I don't feel the way I used to do.
I know its bad,
After what we had,
But I’m just not the angel you knew.

#43 ddog

ddog

• Members
  • 33 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 12:44 PM

What are you talking about, "sped up"? That's just how friggin fast FA does his mods. Now everyone shut up and give FA a nice round of applause for his awesome work! *Clap, clap, clap, whistle, clap clap clap*

#44 Lynx

Lynx

• Members
  • 983 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 03:01 PM

My birthday is the 26th...

Just putting that out there. Can you do one for all the over 10k members of NH? (active AND inactive)
Columbus' original crazy asshole now comes with:

AWESOME NITEFINDER

#45 Dayko

Dayko

• Members
  • 1,037 posts

Posted 02 November 2008 - 10:54 PM

That is awesome. Vary nice work FA.

< One foot in death...The other in life. >

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users