Buzzbee Plungers

They hate me

6 replies to this topic

#1 StephenColbert

StephenColbert

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 11:01 PM

I don't get it, I just don't get it. For some reason all of my BuzzBee plungers are snapping and I don't know what to do. I've glued them back together, but then Either it breaks again, or a different one breaks, or the glue keeps it from cocking at the farthest notch and I end up with half of the power. I've had this happen in my RFR, in one barrel of my doubleshot, and in both of my single teks. I would like to prevent the disease from spreading to my tek 10's.
So has anyone else encountered this problem? And what did you do to fix/prevent it? When I searched I came up with a few things for the crossbow, but I don't think I can fit a metal rod in these small plunger tubes.

Thanks,
StephenColbert
Write me in for President!
Colbert 08'

#2 joeyaglr444

joeyaglr444

• Members
  • 377 posts

Posted 24 March 2008 - 11:04 PM

Don't count on a buzzbee to keep buzzing forever Say goodbye to those blasters.
Boys Become Men....Men Become Wolves

Blaffair to Rememblack.

#3 Kid Flash

Kid Flash

• Members
  • 1,985 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:26 AM

Did you replace the spring with some ridiculously strong one?

#4 StephenColbert

StephenColbert

• Members
  • 45 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 08:41 AM

Did you replace the spring with some ridiculously strong one?

Actually, no. Every gun that broke had the original stock spring.

And Joeyalgr444: How? Why? When? How much longer can I expect them to buzz?
Write me in for President!
Colbert 08'

#5 umdlancer

umdlancer

• Members
  • 119 posts

Posted 25 March 2008 - 10:29 AM

Buzzbee uses cheap plastics. This lets them undercut Nerf in terms of prices, but leaves them wanting in durability, even before performing mods that add additional strain to your blaster (spring replacements, bungee cords, etc)

For example, if you accidentally clock somebody with a magstrike, they'll likely have a concussion or a nasty bruise. If you do the same with a doubleshot, then you're more liable to break the doubleshot than you are to cause serious injury.

#6 Tehmandude

Tehmandude

• Members
  • 115 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 03:29 AM

If you compare a Rattler's plastic to an RFR's plastic, the Rattler obviously has a tougher and harder shell. Compare a Rattler's plastic to a Maverick's plastic, the Maverick has plastic about half as thick and tough as the Rattler's. Compare the Maverick's to an RFR's plastic, the RFR's barrel plastic is very fun and twisty, Maverick isn't so fun and twisty, even though it's just about as thick. So don't mess with Buzzbee, it's got a sharp pointy plastic needle it broke from its RFR.

umdlancer, that last part was funny. I put that on my signature, with some changes.

Edited by Tehmandude, 26 March 2008 - 03:34 AM.

QUOTE(umdlancer @ Mar 25 2008, 04:29 AM) View Post

If you accidentally clock somebody with a doubleshot, then you're more liable to break the doubleshot than you are to cause serious injury.

PM me if selling a NIB or LNNB LnL.

#7 venom213

venom213

• Validating
  • 1,294 posts

Posted 26 March 2008 - 08:02 PM

I had this happen with my Tek 6. It happened even before I had opened it up. It was used, and I only spent $1.50 on it. I think buzz bee guns have terrible quality. I recently got a big blast, the pump handle broke off even before I had done anything to it. I fixed that and it has held up well. Then the trigger broke, and the pump wasn't even plugged. It is epoxying right now. I should fix my Tek 6, but it seems so comlex, at least for a pistol.

Edited by venom213, 26 March 2008 - 08:04 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users