Green Riptide's Content

There have been 96 items by Green Riptide (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#143488 2008 Jspb Combat

Posted by Green Riptide on 02 March 2008 - 05:16 PM in Nerf Wars

Very nice footage/editing. The play area seems pretty wide open, but I guess that works for CTF.
Super plunger burst attack GO!

#149392 A Bit Of A Puzzle

Posted by Green Riptide on 04 April 2008 - 09:23 PM in Modifications

Epoxy can be removed almost as easily as hot glue, really. Well, mine can anyways.

#146531 A Friendly Reminder

Posted by Green Riptide on 23 March 2008 - 11:13 PM in Site Feedback

INCOMING WALL OF TEXT.
There will be no tl:dr; I'm assuming that you're all intelligent enough to read the entire post before commenting.

Well, you could just share an account....

But the one half of "You" could get you banned...

Precisely. I share interests with my little brother (and thus accounts having the same ip) on a multitude of sites/games/etc. This does not include the haven. The reason for the different accounts varies; sometimes you can only have one character per account and he wants to play the game as well; sometimes I just don't want him posting ignorant bullshit under the screenname I'm recognized as in that particular community. Most of the time he even operates on a different access point, but since we're on a wireless network we share an ip. Though they can undeniably be convenient get-out-of-jail-free cards, "little brother stories", like "new apartment, previous owner left Internet connection installed" , "Internet co. routinely changed my ip" and "public library" stories are true a good percentage of the time.
As I see it there are a few routes to be taken here, but it boils down to two very basic ones; choosing to ignore the fact that sometimes more than one person under a shared ip attends the same site, or choosing to accommodate that fact. As a passing observer, I would think the haven (it's administration, to be precise) would be fairly forgiving in matters involving little brothers, mostly because of the rather visible encouraging of the hobby in younger generations. (One need look no further than the 'staff' - See FA24's accomplice, Piney's kids, etc.) To be honest, if you have a brother, he's more likely than not going to be involved in your testing and manufacture of modded foam weaponry just because he sees you fairly regularly and you're doing NERF-related things fairly regularly. It can be easily discerned that this is an issue that is going to recur, and logically it makes sense to do something about it.
So what can NH do about little brothers without sacrificing the hard-nosed reputation? I realize that un-banning every member who sends an email saying "zomg it was my little brother" is pulling the rug out from under the accepted authorities, so that is out of the question. There are some things that could be done, though.
-1-
User-Submitted Lists. This would essentially entail a clause being added to the CoC stating that "If you have a little brother who shares your account or share a network [ip] with other users, Post in this thread/send an email here/etc. with a brief message detailing your situation. to prevent accidental banhammering." A mod-viewable-only thread/dump email account would be created for these messages to be sent to. Mods wouldn't have any added workload except keeping the email account open or whatnot. When a user was banned mistakenly (it will happen eventually, so not when/if) they would send off an email to one of the mods/admins asking very nicely that they be checked against the lil' bro database and then wait for the mods to feel merciful enough to bother looking into it. Once they had a post in the lil' bro thread confirmed, then the mods could look into it further if they wanted to. This places the burden of proof primarily on the user- users could be required to provide photo evidence in their initial post in that thread/email if you wanted to take it that far, even just to continue asserting the strict nature of the haven's rule enforcement. Additionally, since this was in the CoC (which everyone should have read) any cases that don't have a post in the lil' bro thread or an email in the inbox can immediately be dismissed since they didn't follow the rules anyway. This shouldn't take much effort to initiate- just make a thread and wait. If there are going to be pictures in the thread it would probably be desired by some of the parties involved that only the mods be able to see their pictures. (We wear masks for a reason.)
-2-
The probably harder way and maybe not possible way- Multiple profiles per account. I play a few online games where even if you have one account you can still use multiple classes/characters without losing your others. This is accomplished through the use of profiles. I log in with my username/pass and then select a profile, and depending on which one I pick I have different keyboard setups and different saved stats. For some servers I even have the option of logging in to the game launcher, then selecting the username who's stats I want to call up, then selecting the profile I want to use from that username. This same concept could be transferred to the forum realm, but probably not without a huge amount of work. basically it would involve a user logging into the forums and then being prompted what profile they wanted to use. The profiles would be password protected. This way you could ban one profile if you know there are multiple users on the same account, or just ip ban the entire account if you know that only one person uses account. Still, this idea verges on overcomplication and would probably require -1- as foundation anyway, which I'm 115% sure is too much work.

If I think of anything more streamlined the -1- I'll add it.
Thanks for reading.

#140324 Anonymous Vs. Scientology

Posted by Green Riptide on 14 February 2008 - 08:37 PM in Off Topic

Honestly, organized religion has done this sort of thing for years, but in the 1300s there was absolutely no chance of an internet-spread revolt. It's almost like The Spanish Inquisition are coming with their lawyer team, and this time we can do something about it.

#140340 Anonymous Vs. Scientology

Posted by Green Riptide on 14 February 2008 - 09:06 PM in Off Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the 'fair game' policy was officially rescinded years ago, even if it is still defacto policy.

What most incriminates Scientology to me is the "Snow White" episode. If the FBI raided Scientology premises and found that there had been a massive espionage effort, why was the entire church not shut down? Why does the average Joe not know that anything even happened? When the leaders of the organization (the Hubbards were incriminated as co-conspirators) are directly involved with the altering, theft of, and burglary of federal records, I'd see that as grounds to erase every trace of the "church"'s existence. At that point it doesn't matter if they are gathered based on a shared belief system- they're a crime syndicate.

Lynx- that's a few too many friends' friend's to take seriously.

#139266 Arachnophobia Ii

Posted by Green Riptide on 07 February 2008 - 11:36 PM in Modifications

oh, I see.

Personally if I were going to be going back and forth that much I'd find a different option (as opposed to keyrings), but I suppose having never built an Arachnaphobia II of my very own my opinion there doesn't matter. :P

oh, and *insert innuendo about how good imaseoulman is at making the pumping motion very quickly*

#139204 Arachnophobia Ii

Posted by Green Riptide on 07 February 2008 - 07:55 PM in Modifications

You have got to be shitting me. This is basically the ultimate weapon, with a six-pack shotgun blast and twin long-range punch. With that much ridiculous in one place I'm half expecting you to come back next week with a clip mod. ._.

Internal pics would be much appreciated. On the subject of keyrings, you're just using the magstrike trigger for air transfer, right?
So a firing cycle would be
i- pump for half of eternity
ii- hold MS trigger for a few seconds
iii- move fingers to SM keyring triggers/detonator triggers and wait for shot
iv- fire
and then you could loop back to ii but you prefer to just use the SMDTG's after a single round of SM firing...
so basically you don't have to worry about switching triggers incredibly fast, since the majority of time should be spent with no trigger contact (pumping/noncombat situation) and then in combat most of the time would spent on the keyrings waiting for a clean shot.

#139322 Arr!

Posted by Green Riptide on 08 February 2008 - 04:18 PM in Homemades

Actually, Captain, I meant this area-
Posted Image
:unsure:

#139189 Arr!

Posted by Green Riptide on 07 February 2008 - 07:18 PM in Homemades

personally I'm confused as to why the squared area behind the clip exists at all. Is that bracing for inevitable tank attachment?

#146168 At3k Or Recon

Posted by Green Riptide on 21 March 2008 - 04:01 PM in General Nerf

Two guns or one gun?
Tough question.

#137974 Barrel Rifling

Posted by Green Riptide on 31 January 2008 - 04:27 PM in Modifications

my NF sort of has rifling just from sanding out the CPC barrel so my darts would fit, but I doubt it does anything.

For rifling to work the ammunition would need to expand and be pressed into the rifling grooves, which frankly I don't see stefans doing. Sure, you could find expanding foam to stuff in the barrel so that this worked, but your gun probably wouldn't have enough power to get the dart out of the barrel. If it were going to work, I'd say it would need to be on a Titan or Big Blast or somesuch.

#154920 Big Blast Modification

Posted by Green Riptide on 06 May 2008 - 04:32 PM in Modifications

Apologies for dredging this up, but before I embark on this particular modding adventure I have a few questions.
These mostly go out to anyone with modded Big Blasts.

Is it possible to relocate the pump? As in, detach the pump tube from the pressure chamber and move it somewhere else? In this case I'd be trying to make it a bullpup design. From what I've seen it doesn't look like you can cut up the whole one-piece internal thing, but every mod in the directory involves putting the internals back in the shell they came from, so no one really needed to bother trying it.

and of course, How many pumps with the pump plugged?

#145456 Cardboard Armor?

Posted by Green Riptide on 16 March 2008 - 07:38 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm amazed you didn't die because of the spray-paint fumes.

#148866 Custom T Shirt Designers?

Posted by Green Riptide on 02 April 2008 - 05:34 PM in Off Topic

I use zazzle for black tees (because as far as I know they're the only ones who offer them) and Skreened for everything else. They're pretty laid back and custom orders are usually no problem whatsoever- PM me if you'd like to see some of the stuff I've done with them.

#142648 Dart Holding Gloves

Posted by Green Riptide on 26 February 2008 - 04:10 PM in General Nerf

It should be noted that California is a very large state whose northern reaches lay near the same latitudes as those of New Jersey.

#139770 Disk Shot Vs Nite Finder?

Posted by Green Riptide on 12 February 2008 - 05:03 PM in General Nerf

I've recently discovered that minimized Disk shots look amazing, so I may have to get one.... however, NF's are 5$. The choice here is obvious.

#146401 Easy Airtech 2k Barrel Replacement

Posted by Green Riptide on 23 March 2008 - 01:49 AM in Modifications

This particular airtech is one of 6 that I gobbled up from Kohl's when I heard that they were stopping selling them.

Wait, what?!
Shit, I'd better go clear out the rest of the SR256 Kohls' stock!
Must get there before Lynx! :D

#138319 Ecno

Posted by Green Riptide on 03 February 2008 - 01:14 AM in Nerf Wars

well, I'll be in Allentown in July, but I won't have any free time then anyway. :P

Are any ohioans thinking of attending? particulary Lynx or the UC clanners?

#141468 Electronics In Nerf?

Posted by Green Riptide on 20 February 2008 - 01:09 AM in Homemades

When asking yourself how to make a semi-automatic blaster, use this simple process.

Step 1: Has Captain Slug already done/thought of it? If so, it can be done.
Step 2: If Captain Slug has NOT done/thought of it, it probably can't be done.

Seriously though? Theres been some use of solenoids to open valves and things, but that's about it. If you were going to bother to use enough juice to cock a spring-powered semi-auto... you might as well just try and build a railgun. Wonder if anyone has used electromagnets in a homemade yet.

#146533 Extra Itunes Money

Posted by Green Riptide on 23 March 2008 - 11:26 PM in Off Topic

Pfft, buying music. There's plenty of good free stuff to be found. If you're looking for in-flight entertainment find a few good podcasts... I love the mellocast, but I'm probably the only on here who would even touch it. The Brickfilms.com video podcast is free I think. Free music? This week I've been listening to Metroid metal and rediscovering the Minibosses. (Google them.)

#155819 Fiction

Posted by Green Riptide on 14 May 2008 - 05:25 PM in Off Topic

My fellow Green and I share more than just username color choice, apparently; I have Wold War Z in hardback as well.

#143024 Foam Dummy

Posted by Green Riptide on 28 February 2008 - 04:14 PM in Homemades

I think that the magnets are manly so it is easier to store.

Sence when did manly magnets make something easier to store?

Sence [sic] they allowed the dummy to be disassembled for storage.

#141996 Gun Names

Posted by Green Riptide on 22 February 2008 - 04:42 PM in General Nerf

I reserve the following names

Airtech 1000
Airtech 2000
Airtech 3000
Airtech 4000
Airtech Ball Blaster
Airtech Air Jet Squadron
ArmorShot
Arrow Strike
ArrowStorm
Atom Blaster
Atomizer
AutoGrip
Backlash
BallBlaster
Ballzooka
Big Bad Bow
Big Bad Titan
Blast-A-Ball
Blast-A-Matic
Blast Fire | DX500
Blast Hammer
Bow 'n' Arrow
Bungee Blaster
Buzzsaw
Chainblazer
CommLink II
Coral Viper
Crossbow
Crossfire Blue
Crossfire Red
Cyclotron
Dart Tag Blasters
Defender T3
Detonator
Disk Shot
Disk Shot Expansion Pack
Double Crossbow
Eagle Eye
Electric Eel
Expand-A-Blast
FastBlast
Firefly REV-8
Firestrike Blue
Firestrike Red
Gator
Glider Launcher
Gyro Strike
Hidden Shot
Hornet AS-6
Hydro Bazooka
Iron Raptor
Laser Fang
Lightnin' Blitz
Lock 'n' Load
Longshot CS-6
Mad Hornet
Magstrike Blue
Magstrike Red
Manta Ray
Master Blaster
Maverick REV-6
Missile Launcher
Missilestorm
Mission Kit
Mono Blast
Motorized Ballzooka | MP150
Motorized Disk Launcher
NB-1 Missile Blaster
Nerf Rocket Air Launcher
Nite Finder
Nite Finder EX-3
Night Finder EX-3 Sight
NitroQuad
Pen Blaster
Perceptor
PowerClip
Pulsator
Quickstrike
Ramrod
Range Shot
Rapid Fire 20
Ratchet Blast
Rattler
Razorback
Razorbeast
Razor Fin
Reactor (Dark Blue)
Reactor (Light Blue)
Recon CS-6
RipChord
Ripsaw
Rocketstorm
RotoTrack
Sawtooth
Scout IX-3
Secret Shot
Secret Shot II
Secret Strike AS-1
Secret Strike Pocket Blasters
Sharpshooter
Sharpshooter II
Slingshot
Slingfire | DX400
SneakShot
Sonic Stinger Bow 'n Arrow
Spider-Man vs Venom Dart Tag Blasters
SplitFire
Stinger
Stinging Scarab
Strikefire
Striker Slingshot
Strongarm
SuperMaxx 250
SuperMaxx 350
SuperMaxx 750
SuperMaxx 750 (New Style)
SuperMaxx 1500
SuperMaxx 1500 (New Style)
SuperMaxx 3000 (Green)
SuperMaxx 3000 (New Style)
SuperMaxx 3000 (Yellow)
SuperMaxx 5000
SuperMaxx Disc Shooter
Switchfire (1994 Edition)
Switchfire (1996 Edition)
Switch Shots Max
Switch Shots Super
Switch Shots Ultra
Tech Target (Tech Target Blaster)
Tech Target (Tech Target Blaster Green)
Tech Target (Scout IX-3)
Titan AS-V.I
Triple Strike
Triple Torch
Venom Shot
Warthog
Whipshot
Whiptail Scorpion
WildFire
Wrist Blitzer
Zap Snaps

I mean... seriously. What was so wrong with the stock names? beyond "Green's *insert actual gun name here*" I see no need for the naming of anything that isn't radically modified.

#143578 I Have Done It!

Posted by Green Riptide on 03 March 2008 - 01:08 AM in Modifications

Not to be an asshole here Slug, but not everyone even has access to something that would be able to use the specified drillbit. My drill just gave out on me and since it honestly wasn't used for 8 years I'm not in a huge hurry to replace it; other folks may not have their power tools with them at college/said power tools are contraband, or the younger readers might not be allowed to use any they would have access to anyway. I (and probably many others as well) appreciate the information; if I do end up getting a replacement drill I'll pick up one of these bits while I'm at it. In the interim, though, I don't think having an example of how someone got by without the more refined tools is bad at all.

#153867 I Need Advice

Posted by Green Riptide on 29 April 2008 - 06:52 PM in Off Topic

Be a man! Use your dick!

fixed.

The idea here is to use the leverage and swing the hips; you might need to dig a small starter hole to wedge yourself underneath the main part of the stump at first.
You also may want to practice on a few smaller stumps in the back woods before attempting a full-size phallic de-stumping procedure; guaranteed, though, if you bring along a few of the lady-types (try to find some who aren't too shy) to the main event you'll never sleep alone as long as you live in that town.

#141420 Iq Score

Posted by Green Riptide on 19 February 2008 - 10:04 PM in Off Topic

I determined after 4 minutes that the problem was unsolvable.

#141442 Iq Score

Posted by Green Riptide on 19 February 2008 - 11:22 PM in Off Topic

over 9000?

#141572 Iq Score

Posted by Green Riptide on 20 February 2008 - 06:32 PM in Off Topic

well, here, lemme walk you through how I got to that conclusion.

* There are 5 houses in 5 different colors
* In each house lives a person with a different nationality
* These 5 owners drink a certain type of beverage, smoke a certain brand of cigar, and keep a certain pet
* No owners have the same pet, smoke the same brand of cigar or drink the same drink.

Here's the question: Who owns the fish?

4. The green house is on the left of the white house
8. The man living in the house right in the middle drinks milk
9. The Norwegian lives in the first house
14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house
15. The man who smokes Blend has a neighbor who drinks water

It is never specified that the houses are in a row, or even anywhere near each other. It seems natural to assume they are in a row, but all of the clues would also work if the houses were in an X formation. Even if they are in a row, which end is the "first" end? Also, it is inferable but not directly stated that the "persons of different nationality" in the 5 houses are the owners of the houses. As for 15, unless we're talking about some bizarre settlement with only 5 houses, there are bound to be more neighbors- besides, since we've already established that the houses aren't stated to be in a row, neighbor could mean front, back, or across the street. Furthermore, it was never specified that the 5 people we're talking about were men, so all of the clues directing you to "the man who drinks/smokes/owns X" could theoretically be referring to a male neighbor besides the five mentioned who also happens to use said product/ own said pet.

#142395 Iron Man Magstrike In Stores

Posted by Green Riptide on 24 February 2008 - 05:43 PM in General Nerf

"N.R.F." - Living proof that taking the vowels out of anything makes it 'cooler'.

#143131 Jspb Max Fire & Biomech

Posted by Green Riptide on 28 February 2008 - 11:36 PM in Homemades

In regards to the inline clip design seen on the max fire and shield breaker, why not just use an extra check valve on the back portion of the clip to prevent air from being wasted there?

here, let me MS paint it.
Posted Image

If I'm not mistaken someone did a similar inline clip with an AT2K that utilized this idea. The only drawback I can see is that it would add yet another valve to switch.

#143732 Jspb-war Flag

Posted by Green Riptide on 03 March 2008 - 09:18 PM in Homemades

I'm pretty sure he's just as confused as you are ice; from what I can tell FA isn't one for bullshittery. That's more OMC's field.

I'm also pretty puzzled here. My best guess is that there is a long in-line clip in the gun beforehand that you must remove to place the flag tube in, thus rendering flaggers incapable of firing? But then why would he have a flag on the clip tube to begin with... I would also say it was intended as a decoy, but for the fact that in the diagram the one with the would-be-decoy is the one taking the flag. I'm lost.

#138492 Lock 'n Load Write Up.

Posted by Green Riptide on 03 February 2008 - 11:51 PM in Modifications

omega-

The Lock 'n Loads [sic] is quite possibly the most accurate pistol I have ever used.

Nothing extraordinary here, but there doesn't need to be to have a good mod. I liked the video write-up, but due to technical difficulties and the on-site factor I still prefer images and text. Who does all the filming, since as far as I'm aware you only have two arms?

#138508 Lock 'n Load Write Up.

Posted by Green Riptide on 04 February 2008 - 12:45 AM in Modifications

What technical difficulties?
Some of it was me setting it up in a position and the other times it was Raven.

Either way, for the most part you're very good with the filming aspects. The only shot that was questionable was the face-edited one :P
As for technical difficulties, my primary internet-access point is behind a public school filter, so youtube/myspace/etc. are blocked. I'm basically limited to what i can get to through proxies until I get home; more of a personal issue than a widespread thing, but I feel the other points still stand.

#138317 Make Magazine Essay

Posted by Green Riptide on 03 February 2008 - 12:45 AM in General Nerf

revise/edits in blue

Remember that old NERF blaster you have lying around? The one you occasionally use for inter-cubicle warfare? It turns out that a group of enterprising hobbyists known collectively as the Nerf Internet Community (NIC) have taken a liking to modding their NERF weaponry- taking apart the blasters and customizing them with beefed-up components. With a little help from the NIC, you could easily be tagging the guy ten cubicles away.

To begin, you'll probably want to visit one of the numerous dedicated NERF modding websites. nerhaven.com has been in operation for x years since it replaced the [landmark/hobby-founding/revolutionary.. i don't know, I never saw it] website nerf online, and has an extensive catalog of over z "write-ups", illustrated guides to turbocharging your dart blasters. Also to be found at "the haven" are articles, videos, and a community that provides helpful tips, tech support, and commentary for fellow "Nerfers." No holds are barred in the foam arms race as Nerfers remove built-in air-restrictors, replace barrels, and craft their own darts or blasters. Some apply weathering and custom paintjobs or other 'cosmetic' mods to complete the package- one NIC member's NERF recreation of the Lancer rifle from popular Xbox360 game "Gears of War" was recently seen on (insert most prestigious of places lancer appeared here). "Nerfers" routinely double or triple the stock ranges of their blasters, but what truly makes the hobby what it is occurs after the last pieces of duct tape are in place.

intro rewritten to be more concise. If you're going to explain stefans later, don't do it partially now. nerfhaven introduced as a case-in-point, inferring more sites like it, making the hobby seem more widespread. Ending transitions into the nerf war paragraph well.

When asked why he enjoyed the hobby, one longtime Nerfer replied “you get to think like an engineer, and act like an 8 year old."
'liked' is a weak term, don't use 'nerf' as the verb twice, introduce quotes better... a good quote, but could we rephrase it? i.e. - when we asked one longtime nerfer what his favorite part of the hobby was, he replied,'thinking like an engineer and then acting like an 8 yearold.'

Adults and teens prone to DIY find plenty to love in the NERF world, and with NERF blasters still found in stores today, Nerfing can be a great way for parents to connect with their children.

goooooood. *maniacal finger-twiddling* reference the parent-child connectivity bit as much as you can. throw in the healthy outdoor activity bit, and we've got a winner. the only thing better than this is if there were some study indicating nerfers performed better on the presidential fitness test or in school.

Apocalypse, Armageddon, and Reckoning are not the names of proffesional wrestlers – they, along with the Yellowstone Area Nerf Outing, (other big war) and (other big war) are what hobbyists refer to as "NERF wars." Nerfers organize into teams to play capture-the-flag or "team deathmatch" much like paintball or airsoft enthusiasts, but instead of dedicated facilities the low-impact NERF hobby requires only a local park or rec area - some NERF wars even take place indoors. Wars also serve as the proving ground for all the ideas that seemed so great on paper Nerfers can test their worth and determine if they deserve to be known as one of the greats. Of course, there are multiple ways to gain respect in the NIC. Forum-goers who modify and create their own Nerf-like blasters out PVC and lawn sprinklers (referred to as homemades) are often revered just as highly as those “gods” of the fields. (nice transition to the 'prominent NIC members' paragraph.)

"blasters" in place of guns, "tag" instead of shoot.. I'm not aware if there are actual terms used for this like paintball's "marker", but to avoid negative connotation it should probably be done.
I've tried to refocus the essay so that nerfhaven is a case study of an entire community, which it is, technically.. nerfhaven kinds of stands alone above everything else, though. It's probably best to liken nerf modding to more familiar/accepted forms of customization/pimping ( comparing to the drift racing community is probably a decent one, except that many drift events are illegal/have scantily-clad females, so parents might not want that)
there are too many rhetorical questions. You want the reader to infer that you have some authority on the subject- if you ask the reader too many things he or she gains control of the topic.
I left the introductory sentence the same, but depending on who the article is targeted to that might need changing. If we're just targeting DIY-ers then some of the more basic introduce-the-idea-of-modding stuff is probably unneeded, but if we're targeting parents buying toys for their children then the cubicle stuff is possibly unrelated. I think the target demographic for NERF is teen/young adult males, so cubicles probably aren't the best reference, and they probably have some familiarity with DIY-type activity, so this most likely needs additional editing for that. I kind of seesawed on whether to capitalize all of 'Nerf' - i think we should, since 'nerfing' is actually an Internet term now; you know, "rogues got nerfed last update" or "mods need to nerf mythril swords, they do way too much damage."

um.. more later when I feel like it, I guess.

#150220 Maverick Speedloader Mod

Posted by Green Riptide on 09 April 2008 - 01:24 PM in Modifications

Why not just use something like KBarker has HERE ? If you really want to do what you're doing now, making two o them that hold three darts apiece would be a decent way to eliminate the leftover hole problem.

#142432 Memory Stick Problem

Posted by Green Riptide on 24 February 2008 - 08:47 PM in Off Topic

Blow on it and put it back in the SNES.

er, wrong system.

If it has a lock make sure it is unlocked; maybe try putting it in the PSP and then going to USb mode and seeing if the PC reads anything. It really just sounds like it just crapped out on you. See if you can return it under warranty or anything; more likely with a Sony or SanDisk one than others. QJ probably is better for this sort of thing.
Slightly OT, what firmware are you running, and is this a phat or slim PSP?

#149107 Modding Basics

Posted by Green Riptide on 03 April 2008 - 04:18 PM in Modifications

Captain Slug can field the ID question since that seems to be a favorite rambling point of his. :P

Suffice it to say, though, that CPVC and PVC are NOT the same thing. PVC is usually a white pipe that has larger ID's than similar sizes of CPVC. It also tends to come in larger size options period. Most PVC is very loose to use on stock darts.

CPVC is off-white to yellow, sometimes with a yellow stripe along the side. I believe it is intended for cold-water plumbing in the non-NERF world. Most CPVC is fairly tight on stock darts. CPVC tends to come in smaller diameters than PVC, as well.

You could use PVC as a barrel, but unless you know what you're getting into your darts will probably just fall out the end.

#137837 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Green Riptide on 30 January 2008 - 04:40 PM in Modifications

a bit of my nerf area in the basement.
Posted Image

1- My first mod, a CPVC'd NF. Spring replaced with a handyman spring, some epoxy on the inside for minor reinforcement, rubber splicing tape around the plunger head. Also integrated a SSPB-type Lanard thing i picked up for a few bucks on an aisle end at Kroger. The SSPB is also CPVC'd. I sanded out the inside of the main barrel to replicate PN's NF barrel.

2- The shell from the lanard SSPB thing. From what I can see of people similar NF's I had to dremel away more of the shell to fit this kind in. I had been using the circular base of the NF's barrel post as a firing button instead of just the purple shaft there, but it came un-epoxy'd. :)

3- An SSPB-type thing I picked up at Sonic years ago- it had bizarre triangular screws, so that shell got pretty mutilated, but I do have an intact one if anyone wants to see. Seems to get better range than the stock SSPB's I have.

4- Gutted Lanard push-pull water gun. Must be useful for something.. thoughts?

edit- before someone asks, ranges unknown.

#155657 Mp3 Recorder

Posted by Green Riptide on 12 May 2008 - 10:48 PM in Off Topic

Definitely Audacity. Freeware and infinitely useful; make sure you download the MP3 plugin. (MP3lame I believe it is called?)

#144070 Music

Posted by Green Riptide on 06 March 2008 - 12:37 AM in Off Topic

I usually find relient k too .. i dunno, soft and guitar-driven pop-esque? I do enjoy some of their stuff though. It makes for lovely music to fall asleep too.

Currently though, I fall asleep to Franz Biebl's arrangement of Ave maria -easily the best, in my opinion- performed by chanticleer. If I had to choose now, this is the song I'd want this song played at my funeral (though I'd have a hard time deciding between having chanticleer and phantom regiment performing it).