MercenaryXero's Content

There have been 142 items by MercenaryXero (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#177973 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by MercenaryXero on 17 September 2008 - 06:31 PM in Modifications

Coupler'd BBB

Posted Image

#183388 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by MercenaryXero on 12 October 2008 - 09:23 PM in Modifications

Painted and cut-down +bow spring added.

Posted Image

#180668 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by MercenaryXero on 30 September 2008 - 04:44 PM in Modifications

Couplered and #49 spring added.

Posted Image

#176705 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by MercenaryXero on 11 September 2008 - 07:41 PM in Modifications

Thumbs link to larger images.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#189526 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by MercenaryXero on 13 November 2008 - 05:55 PM in Homemades

Posted Image

#183789 Nerf Shotgun

Posted by MercenaryXero on 14 October 2008 - 08:06 PM in Homemades

Uh, I have a question. Why would you want a silencer for a shotty? I worked out how the shells would load into the chamber and stuff, I don't really know how the pump would work. I'll try and get a pic of how to do the cylinder mag on the bottom (or top, which ever you prefer). I intend to use 3 different types of ammo, and this is why I would use shells. My first type of ammo are slugs, straight up 5/8 stefans. These would go teh farthest (obviously). The second type of ammo is kind of difficult to explain. It consists of chopped up stefans and two 1/2 in. to 1 in. stefans (I mean length not thickness). In bewteen those would be chopped up stefans (small pieces). It would be a flurry (again, obviously) but have no distance, its really just for affect (and coolness factor, not really practical). I have tested this types with a blow gun, and it does actually work. And thirdly, a spread type. 6 1/2 in. (my shells are 3 in. long I may shorten though so that my magazine has a higher capacity) long 5/8 stefans. I also tested this and it works beautifully.

probably what he means by "silencer" is CPVC pipe across the whole barrel, if not, then that is a waste

Dude, that was in 2006. >_>

#246455 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by MercenaryXero on 10 August 2009 - 05:06 PM in Off Topic

It says I haven't posted here yet? I swear I did...

Anway, GT: MercenaryXero

I play a lot of stuff, but not very often.

cod4
halo 3

And a bunch of stuff I can't be bothered to remember. Feel free to add me/ invite me to any games if I'm on.

#190653 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by MercenaryXero on 18 November 2008 - 10:01 PM in General Nerf

-2 NFs
-LS
-Recon
-Broken Mav
-SNAP with titan integration
-BBB
-Firefly
-SNAP pistol
-RF20

#173814 Nerf Video Directory

Posted by MercenaryXero on 30 August 2008 - 09:49 PM in General Nerf

Here is a video of the recent EA showcase, with a shot of the nerf wii game blaster/wiimote shell near the beginning.

Also first post.

#185511 The Official Snapbow Writeup

Posted by MercenaryXero on 25 October 2008 - 02:44 PM in Homemades

Its a cpvc rod with a +bow spring. The charging handle is a threaded rod with washers and a nut on either side, currently wrapped in tape for padding.

#185492 The Official Snapbow Writeup

Posted by MercenaryXero on 25 October 2008 - 11:51 AM in Homemades

Functionally finished. I've been thinking about putting airgun internals, sheathed in PVC, on the bottom as a grip/grenade launcher style thing. The airgun itself would have some tubing running up to the top, into a petg barrel inside 3/4" PVC. Anyway, the picture:

Posted Image

#185240 The Official Snapbow Writeup

Posted by MercenaryXero on 23 October 2008 - 11:37 PM in Homemades

I recently completed my SNAP, which is basically a rev. 3 Snapbow with a charging-rod-in-stock design. Right now the front coupler is a bit leaky and the plunger head needs adjustment, but its still shooting okay. I should have pics tomorrow.

#185245 The Official Snapbow Writeup

Posted by MercenaryXero on 24 October 2008 - 12:03 AM in Homemades

I didn't have any teflon tape, so I sealed it with hotglue. (But my gluestick was depleted mid-application, hence the leak. Shouldn't be a problem to finish.

#185840 The Official Snapbow Writeup

Posted by MercenaryXero on 27 October 2008 - 02:58 PM in Homemades

How can you guys get your cuts through PVC straight enough to make a cocking bar like that? Do you use a table saw or what? Whenever I drill through PVC it's never on the direct opposite side...

I used a bunch of tape to make a template, then dremeled out the slots. Takes patience and eye protection.

#174652 Greatest Game That You Have Ever Played In Your Life

Posted by MercenaryXero on 02 September 2008 - 10:06 PM in Off Topic

I'd have to say the Golden Sun games for GBA. Unparalleled story with great mechanics. Now if only they would make a sequel...

#192649 Greatest Game That You Have Ever Played In Your Life

Posted by MercenaryXero on 29 November 2008 - 12:57 AM in Off Topic

I've gotten myself into EVE Online.

So cash my mind hurts

#179856 Other Projects

Posted by MercenaryXero on 26 September 2008 - 10:56 PM in Off Topic

Well, I'm way into lego, if that counts for anything... (specifically Bionicle/ Technic)

My latest creation

#233440 Vos Pistol

Posted by MercenaryXero on 30 May 2009 - 03:06 PM in Homemades

I've always wanted to do a gun with a magazine, yours certainly has a good thing going. My advice would be to build a larger version as a primary - using a +bow spring or other powerful means, you could have one hell of a blaster.

#178192 Fall Mnno

Posted by MercenaryXero on 18 September 2008 - 09:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Wow, I'm stupid. I thought the 27th was this weekend. Well, put me down as a maybe, all depending on whether I make stefans or not.

Also, If I do come, I might bring a friend. (Don't worry, certified non-douche)

#179740 Fall Mnno

Posted by MercenaryXero on 26 September 2008 - 03:12 PM in Nerf Wars

So where's the staging area and closest parking lot? I see a few places on the map, just need confirmation.

#179764 Fall Mnno

Posted by MercenaryXero on 26 September 2008 - 05:33 PM in Nerf Wars

So where's the staging area and closest parking lot? I see a few places on the map, just need confirmation.

The park has it's own parking lot pretty much. We meet in the pagoda off to the right. If you are facing the actually Frolf area, turn right. There is a circle part of the lot at the end, for dropping people off at the playground without having to stop the car. Head towards that and you should see the playground. The pagoda is just past the playground and has picnic tables in it.

My doomsayer will not be attending this war. It will just be too stressful to try and finish it now, and I'll probably fuck it up.

Hmm, I don't really see what you're saying. There's so many open spaces and buildings in that area. Cross-streets or a screencap (of the google map) would be highly appreciated.

#179393 Fall Mnno

Posted by MercenaryXero on 24 September 2008 - 09:01 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, my BBB is currently eating dicks, so I was thinking of picking up a Big Blast or other airgun. Where are they most commonly stocked? Also, my dart supplies arrived today, so that shouldn't be a problem.

#179776 Fall Mnno

Posted by MercenaryXero on 26 September 2008 - 06:01 PM in Nerf Wars

Thanks Venom, that map cleared it up considerably.

#183932 Favorite Pistol/secondary?

Posted by MercenaryXero on 15 October 2008 - 03:56 PM in Modifications

Paint an "I" on the end of "Osh".
It's the only reasonable course of action.

Seconded.
Also, my NF:
Posted Image

#274037 Spano 2010

Posted by MercenaryXero on 04 May 2010 - 09:24 PM in Nerf Wars

I am now totally able to attend, but 9am wars are ugh.

Seriously its already a pain to get up for the 10am ones.

Also, Beaver, I saw your project at the design show thing today, didn't see you though.

#273350 Spano 2010

Posted by MercenaryXero on 25 April 2010 - 10:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Ooh, I hope I can go...

Dependent on a few things, like getting jobs and stuff, so I'm a maybe for now. Should be able to say for sure in a week or so.

#275360 Spano 2010

Posted by MercenaryXero on 19 May 2010 - 10:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Turns out I'll be in San Francisco that weekend.

I'm ragin yo

#215057 3rd Annual Mnsbw

Posted by MercenaryXero on 25 February 2009 - 11:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Will attend this as long as I don't have a vacation sprung on me at the last minute. Also Newell park is cash.

#220249 3rd Annual Mnsbw

Posted by MercenaryXero on 28 March 2009 - 08:55 AM in Nerf Wars

God dammit why did I wake up this early?

I'll be there somewhere between 9:15 and 9:45, assuming everything goes as planned.

#219965 3rd Annual Mnsbw

Posted by MercenaryXero on 26 March 2009 - 05:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Whats the fast-food situation around Newell? Still planning on going 100%, btw. Just gotta patch up my snap's back pump-handle and resecure the tank.

#175816 Water Gun-nerf Gun Mod

Posted by MercenaryXero on 07 September 2008 - 10:05 PM in Modifications

It would work, but it would be like a singled Reactor: Relatively inaccurate and dependent on the user's strength. Also, In order to utilize the full power of the gun, you would need some hella long barrels.

#189755 The Crosssnap!

Posted by MercenaryXero on 14 November 2008 - 08:13 PM in Homemades

Wait, did you ever tell me what spring setup you have? Because I just bought some aluminum rod, and I don't want to use an ACE #62 (or whatever that one is) for power reasons.

Ok, the ACE #62 isn't a good spring for SNAPs. Its too powerful, and has a much smaller length. For guns, you want a longer spring, with a high compression. I have 3 ACE #49 springs in it, an idea that Venom sent me, but i claim because he broke his SNAP. Just kidding, it was Venom's idea. It gives a good compression, while being easier to pull then the one #62, and better ranges. Good spring setup there.

And the springs, having space between them and the plunger rod, don't grate/ touch the catchpin? Because that was my concern when I was looking at making one of these with a +bow spring.

#189411 The Crosssnap!

Posted by MercenaryXero on 12 November 2008 - 11:40 PM in Homemades

I must say that this was the only gun at MNHNO that kept me hanging back behind cover. It is truly a sight to behold, what with the sanding and all. Also, glow-in-the-dark. Shit is so cash.

#189752 The Crosssnap!

Posted by MercenaryXero on 14 November 2008 - 08:03 PM in Homemades

Wait, did you ever tell me what spring setup you have? Because I just bought some aluminum rod, and I don't want to use an ACE #62 (or whatever that one is) for power reasons.

#201504 Minnesnowta War

Posted by MercenaryXero on 06 January 2009 - 07:16 PM in Nerf Wars

Also, if any of you could check the field for ice... ice realy sucks.

I lol'd

Anyway, I'm confirmed for brawl as not coming.

#189414 Minnesnowta War

Posted by MercenaryXero on 12 November 2008 - 11:45 PM in Nerf Wars

I might be able to come, depending on what I've got planned around then. But using my SNAP with anything but bare fingers is fucking hard. In any case, I'm a maybe.

#202136 Minnesnowta War

Posted by MercenaryXero on 09 January 2009 - 07:33 PM in Nerf Wars

WAAHT

1. No, I'm not coming because of video games. ("confirmed for brawl" is a meme (also brawl sucks IMO))
2. what's this about changing the date/ sacrificing people for me? My chances of coming were very slim when I was a maybe. I'd thought that I posted a more pessimistic reply earlier, but I'm not going to check the history.
3. If anyone wants me to come that badly, you'll have to go kill my extended family, that's why I can't attend.
4. Fuck, I am so dead the next war I come to.

#232917 Spano 09' The Phantom Menace

Posted by MercenaryXero on 27 May 2009 - 08:06 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm leaving the state on the 21st, so I'll just pack beforehand. I'll be there, hopefully with some cool shit.

#237038 Spano 09' The Phantom Menace

Posted by MercenaryXero on 17 June 2009 - 10:31 PM in Nerf Wars

Shit this war got real while I was gone

Unfortunately I couldn't get any cool new stuff done, I was in canada for the last week and before that I was working on lego shit (check out my lego shit). Add the fact of my lengthy departure the next day, and... no, i'm still coming, I'll just be a broken shell of a man.

So who wants to hide my body when I inevitably die of stress?

#237543 Spano 09' The Phantom Menace

Posted by MercenaryXero on 19 June 2009 - 10:57 PM in Nerf Wars

Due to space/packing issues (15 hour drives suuuck), I am only bringing a bare handful of guns (a pistol, 3 primaries). If possible, I'll need to borrow a couple of pistolas for the pistol rounds, or sit out. ~R

Unless your pistol sucks, it shouldn't be a problem. I've been using about the same numbers or guns for a while with no problems.

Although I'm certain there will be extra pistols that someone will let you use.

ALSO: If anyone has a spare inline clip, or one that they won't need during the ridiculous round, I'd appreciate being able to use it. My reactor hasn't gotten its fair share of use.