Lasagna's Content

There have been 43 items by Lasagna (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#360069 Worlds 1st Touchscreen Controlled Stryfe! (possibly!)

Posted by Lasagna on 23 May 2017 - 12:00 PM in Modifications

Aww. A lot of video editing programs allow you to flip around the orientation of the vid. But still. 

#359988 Weird ammo I need to launch.

Posted by Lasagna on 17 May 2017 - 07:12 PM in Darts and Barrels

Use a straw attached to the barrel, and loosely wrap a paper tube around it and tape it closed. Glue that on top of something and you can slide the tube over the straw, pump up and shoot. You would need less pumps than usual due to the airplane probably being able to glide fairly well with a little thrust.

#360500 The most homemades

Posted by Lasagna on 11 June 2017 - 12:18 PM in Off Topic

Who in Nerfhaven do you think has designed/built the most homemades? I am not sure, but first place would probably go to EZlin/3DBBQ, with probably Carbon, Captain Slug and maybe Zero Talent all taking up the next few spots. What do you think?

#360372 The Foam Conflict (gametype)

Posted by Lasagna on 05 June 2017 - 11:35 AM in Off Topic

I would probably limit it to around 3 easy to memorize classes. That's all I can remember when I am playing TF2 XP but really, if you have a whole bunch of limitations and things on people abilities and guns, it's hard to keep it straight. Think of Amtgard classes. Everyone ha different weapon abilities and spells and levels and all this shit and it's hard to memorize.

#359967 Tape/paper barrel theory

Posted by Lasagna on 16 May 2017 - 07:48 PM in Modifications

I use paper routinely for elastic band powered launchers (writeup coming soon), they are direct power so they need a loose fit. I also sometimes make blowguns for wars with my friends out of paper. On the topic of the tape barrel thing, I believe Carbon or someone did a ballgun barrel, and he used tape to make the ball tighter in the barrel for better range.

#360275 Stryfe motors for IMR's?

Posted by Lasagna on 02 June 2017 - 08:16 AM in Modifications

Not sure any MTB's are good for anything other than LiPo or similar, from what I have heard.

#360550 stryfe imr questions?

Posted by Lasagna on 13 June 2017 - 12:32 PM in Modifications

Rewire if you are going with 3 IMR's is best. IIRC Coop ran 3 IMR's + 1 dummy on a completely stock blaster, except for maybe thermistors. You will probably eventually kill the motors on 3 IMR's, but as long as you don't like rev for like a minute straight, you will be fine for the short term. If you don't thermistor, 2 IMR's is best for now, most likely.

#360067 star wars kyn erso blaster imr upgrade?

Posted by Lasagna on 23 May 2017 - 11:44 AM in Modifications

Maybe you could also do some cool stuff with a microcontroller for the LEDs and stuff. I do a bunch of Arduino stuff, and you could probably wire up the lights to do some pattern, I've done some stuff like that.

#359901 Springers that can use hoppers

Posted by Lasagna on 14 May 2017 - 07:32 PM in Darts and Barrels

PAS? But at that kind of difficulty (heard it's difficult) might as well build a SNAP. If you try to hopper a springer you will most likely need extensive mods and a modded wye, Brithop or maybe Zorn's Lemma's Optimal Wye. TL:DR probably not worth the effort.

#359827 Sleeper Breech Longshot

Posted by Lasagna on 11 May 2017 - 07:21 AM in Modifications

From my limited understanding of this, you would simply have to adjust the way you cut up the brass, to accommodate whatever dart length you have on hand.

#359778 Screw Ports - How to reconnect?

Posted by Lasagna on 09 May 2017 - 02:14 PM in Modifications

Probably fill with epoxy putty and drill like Vaan said. 

#360284 Rival Magazine Storage?

Posted by Lasagna on 02 June 2017 - 02:01 PM in General Nerf

1. Find PVC/ABS/PEX/whatever pipe that fits the rival mags loosely/snugly.

2. Find endcaps to fit on the ends.

3. Cut the pipe to lengths that will leave some magazine to grab.

4. Put endcaps on each pipe.

This is probably how it would go.

You could glue them together, put loops, whatever.

#360274 Replacement Hyperfire dart belt?

Posted by Lasagna on 02 June 2017 - 08:14 AM in General Nerf

Is it truly non-salvageable? Superglue? If not, I don't think there are many options for you. Maybe model + 3d print a mold for silicone casting? If you can send me some measurements for it and some notes I could try, we have a 3d printer here at school and I have some silicone caulk. Hmm. No idea tho.

#360600 PSA Raptorstrike out in Canada

Posted by Lasagna on 16 June 2017 - 08:55 AM in General Nerf

Darn that's expensive. If you have enough money to buy that why not make a +Bow? I know people mght not have the tools, but still, WHY? The only conceivable reason I could think of is if you are a collector.

#359877 Pink Mha Foam backer rod for slugs help

Posted by Lasagna on 12 May 2017 - 08:22 PM in Darts and Barrels

As far as I know, Kane only sold foam to metal-free dart makers (darts like sillydomes, maybe AMIORS or VANS) but nowadays has stopped doing this. If you really want some PM or email him or something.

#360433 Paintjobs

Posted by Lasagna on 08 June 2017 - 08:23 AM in Modifications

If you can find it, Krylon Fusion (I think that's what it's called) can be found in quite a few stores up here in Canada, just saw some yesterday at Canadian Tire when I went to get some bike tire repair patches. Apparently it's very good for PJ's.

#360371 Nerf Thrifting Tips

Posted by Lasagna on 05 June 2017 - 11:21 AM in General Nerf

If you are in Canada, try Value Village. It's hit or miss, once I only found some crap buzzbee ballgun but last week I saw a vortex praxis, another vortex pistol, some little know Darth Vader Nerf brand single shot, a Furyfire-like Nerf brand, stock yellow recon with nothing else, a Titan, a manual crank up flywheel ballgun, and a Tommy 20. All were $5 CAD or under, but I only picked up the titan.

#360304 Nerf Retaliator Reinforcements.

Posted by Lasagna on 02 June 2017 - 10:21 PM in Modifications

Do upgrade the catch spring, and maybe pad the plunger head with some foam or rubber. Haven't worked on springers much though.

#359771 Nerf Modulus Regulator is out in Canada

Posted by Lasagna on 09 May 2017 - 08:51 AM in General Nerf

Sweet! What stores has it been seen in?

#360380 Nerf Maverick 3d printed

Posted by Lasagna on 05 June 2017 - 03:27 PM in General Nerf

Step 1. Shove screwdriver through slot in the right place

Step 2. Pull back to prime. 

One of my friends did this, he later threw the Maverick out though.

#359835 Nerf Longshot Reinforcement Question

Posted by Lasagna on 11 May 2017 - 07:20 PM in Modifications

The actual catch should be fine, unless you decide to put some rediculous spring in it, but if any problems arise they would most likely be with the catch spring being too weak. This will probably not be a problem (no idea as I am only a flywheeler as of now) with that spring load, but If you decide to put something stronger, do consider upgrading the catch spring.

#360617 nerf club help

Posted by Lasagna on 17 June 2017 - 08:57 AM in General Nerf

Firstly, if you want to collect some money charge a nominal fee, like $5 per war or maybe like $20 monthly membership. To get more people invite friends to join. Tell them to tell their friends to join too.

In a thread from last month, Shmmee commented about a Wyoming nerf group that registered as a non-profit.

You might see some unexpected doors opening if you register as a non-profit. If local businesses donate anything to your group they'll be able to write off the expenses on their tax forms. Theirs a wyoming nerf group that has really taken off recently and since they've registered as a non-profit they've had several buisnesses donating everything from gift cards to by ammo to NIB blasters. They've also seen tremendous support from their counties parks department in the form of free venues to nerf in. You'll also be able to get group insurance on the cheap.

You may wish to look into this.

#360601 Muzzle loading 17th Century Pistol

Posted by Lasagna on 16 June 2017 - 08:57 AM in Homemades

#360591 Muzzle loading 17th Century Pistol

Posted by Lasagna on 15 June 2017 - 08:19 AM in Homemades

#359890 Magnetic Catch Idea

Posted by Lasagna on 13 May 2017 - 06:50 PM in Homemades

The question when you are trying to justify a weird variation on a functional design isn't 'why not' it's 'why?'

I know, jut providing some food for thought. Like lasagna.
On second thought, you wouldn't need the magnet on the vatch, the screw would be attracted to the magnet.

#359876 Magnetic Catch Idea

Posted by Lasagna on 12 May 2017 - 08:18 PM in Homemades

Why not use the magnet as a catch spring? Mag in the handle, mag on the catch to pull towards the handle mag. A rainbow would probably be best for this.

#359786 Magnetic blaster

Posted by Lasagna on 09 May 2017 - 06:31 PM in Homemades

Does seem cool, but maybe a bit impractical. I know you can get insanely strong magnets online, but from my limited knowledge the kind of magnet that can jump at another one from ~4 inches away depending on draw would be way too big and heavy for this to get any sort of good performance.

#359832 Magnetic blaster

Posted by Lasagna on 11 May 2017 - 02:06 PM in Homemades

True. Those coilgun things can put projectiles through a lot of things, and if the front bushing + plunger rod didn't rip out of the gun, the whole PT might come out, a spinning, eye killing, sharp edged piece of plastic tubing.

#359813 Magnetic blaster

Posted by Lasagna on 10 May 2017 - 04:55 PM in Homemades

Now that I think of it, a Coilgun style setup could work, with the coils propelling a plunger forward instead of a metal projectile, but I would be worried about a return mech for the head. However, this could have the potential for an automatic "Springer" gun. Still, you shouldn't mess around with coilgun stuff until you can safely handle super dangerous voltages and currents. Essentially if you don't have the knowledge of a liscensed electrician, treat with caution. Seriously.
Edit: Or just do away with a plunger and use the coils to accelerate a metal weighted dart, like a regular slug. Could make for a simple semiauto clipfed, but still remember that at this kind of current and voltage will most likely kill you super dead if you mess up, like uber dead. Do I really need to restate this?

#360590 just for fun minimization

Posted by Lasagna on 15 June 2017 - 08:11 AM in Modifications

You should probably post this to Modification Pictures. One thing that doesn't make sense is that you cut off the saw, which is pretty much the only thing separating this thing from a reshelled RoughCut. 

#360188 JSPB B&B mini-hopper

Posted by Lasagna on 29 May 2017 - 12:36 PM in Homemades

http://www.jspb3d.co...-parts-download

A link to the files for B&B, free from the site. I believe the kit is meant for people who don't have access to a printer but want to battle with one of these.

#360260 JSPB B&B mini-hopper

Posted by Lasagna on 01 June 2017 - 02:05 PM in Homemades

I actually saw someone argue that soda bottles are acceptable pressure vessels - better than PVC. Soda is usually carbonated so they *do* retain pressure and the guy arguing said they fail by splitting, not exploding.

It would make sense. I mean They are much thinner and weaker, which means they would hold less pressure but fail safely. If you were really worried, find a wiye diameter PVC/ABS/PEX/whatever pipe and encase the bottle. This is mostly for the 500ml bottles. But yeah. I would wonder if the pressure from the carbonated soda would be negligible in this.

#360501 I love the modulus flip clip!

Posted by Lasagna on 11 June 2017 - 12:21 PM in Darts and Barrels

Any blaster a little pudgy arround the sides would probably need some more space. Still, now that the idea is out why not 3D print a side by side clip holder? I'll be sure to get working on this.... hehe

#360010 High Cap Magazine Collective Brain-Spew

Posted by Lasagna on 18 May 2017 - 07:07 PM in Homemades

Nice. Packing one of those things in a DTC round would be horrifying. I might just be shooting my mouth off here but I think you might need a 4S to run the blower thing. 3S is rated to 11.1 V, but 4S is like 14.8 V. No idea tho.

#359902 High Cap Magazine Collective Brain-Spew

Posted by Lasagna on 14 May 2017 - 07:37 PM in Homemades

What about a mag shaped like a U, with a drum style pusher mech so it can go around the curve?

You could take flat plastic sheets, make the 2 stick pieces of the U, then bend some more sheet or 3d print a addapter for the curve.

Or you could take 2 18 mags and chop off the bottom of one, slap on a printed adapter for the curve, then chop off the top of the other mag and put that side into the other end of the curve adapter.

Something like this could work. I remember this promotional thing I got at some event, it was a pen with this tape measure sort of thing with a flat piece of this material as the measure instead of a concave shape.

#360276 High Cap Magazine Collective Brain-Spew

Posted by Lasagna on 02 June 2017 - 08:21 AM in Homemades

I think that with your blaster, you should tone down the fire rate. Don't want to blow your whole load in one go, it would be a PAIN to reload. You would ideally not need to reload for a whole round/game, but this may not be realistic.

#360517 Dart and Barrels pictures thread

Posted by Lasagna on 11 June 2017 - 08:28 PM in Darts and Barrels

The easiest rebarrel in the world. The paper barrel slides over the Titan barrel threads.

#360022 Caliburn: Mag-fed Pump-action Springer

Posted by Lasagna on 19 May 2017 - 02:50 PM in Homemades

Nice. Is that actually licorice? If so, then lol. If not, then still uber-awesome rail.

#360381 Broken Rough cut

Posted by Lasagna on 05 June 2017 - 03:33 PM in General Nerf

I believe Worker sells RC gears, or you could order a metal print from Shapeways for the gears - I believe there are RC gear files out there.

#360572 barrels

Posted by Lasagna on 14 June 2017 - 10:55 AM in Modifications

Are you following an Australian/SG/whatever writeup? If so, link to it. I could see what kind of stuff you could use in place of the conduit/other parts.