Herpestidae's Content

There have been 77 items by Herpestidae (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#175261 Wrist Ammo Holder

Posted by Herpestidae on 05 September 2008 - 09:18 PM in Homemades

That rules, finally a decent use for something from Hot Topic.

What are you talking about, I love Hot Topic! I get half of my clothes from there.

Really? Weird. Most of the stuff I've seen there has sleeves.

On topic:

I was actually going to make something similar, using leather. Make giant watches too.

You guys are assholes making fun of ice. Just shut the FUCKING ASS up about the sleeve thing, he doesn't even do it anymore.

I love it when people type curse words in all caps because they think they mean more that way. Last time I checked I believe that you are allowed to make fun of people, something about the right to free speech and all that jazz. Of course perhaps I am just jaded because I really don't like Ice's videos but then again I don't believe he ever forced me to watch them. Therefore he can keep doing what he does and the rest of us will probably keep making fun of him but that is life.

#181087 Where's Your Spot?

Posted by Herpestidae on 02 October 2008 - 07:36 PM in General Nerf

I'll admit that place looks awesome but you really, really, really, should look at getting permission to play there. All it takes is one person to call the cops to put you in a lot of trouble with the owners. That being said I don't think they would let you all nerf there for insurance reasons and so stuff won't get broken. However they might let you all come in during the afternoon while there is nothing going on and nerf but perhaps that is just wishful thinking.

Either way I am jealous since I am in Missouri and that place looks hella warm.

#188920 What Inspired You To Nerf...

Posted by Herpestidae on 10 November 2008 - 10:14 PM in General Nerf

About a year ago I signed up to play HvZ and bought a maverick for the game. I got really good with it and then it jammed on the last mission and I died. Don't feel too bad though I had a zombie literally leap onto my back so I liked that death. Pissed off at the maverick I decided to mod it. Friend of mine got me a nightfinder and away I went. Now I am the mod god of HvZ at my school and feared for my guns, too much fun.

#228303 Unicorn Gun

Posted by Herpestidae on 05 May 2009 - 03:37 PM in Modifications

"Sits back and scratches his head in silent confusion at why anyone would put a little fake horn on a magstrike."

#176266 Through A Cop's Eyes

Posted by Herpestidae on 09 September 2008 - 08:41 PM in General Nerf

This might not fit the discussion but it is named "through a cops eyes". In the past two years I have sent out nerf packages ( 10-20 guns and a bunch of ammo ) to a doz. or so police dept. around the country. Seems like the same as with everyone else shooting the foam helps reduce the everyday stress in a cops life. I've even sent packages to Langley on occasion. Just thought I'd mention it, all types and ages do the nerf thing.
Mod

Forgive my confusion... why do you do this?

Why all around the country?

Also, do you mean Langley as in the NH member or as in the CIA?

I think he means that police departments have bought his guns for fun around work.

#164496 The Vulcan: Internals And Mods! New Mods Pg.9!

Posted by Herpestidae on 25 July 2008 - 05:37 PM in Modifications

Someone really needs to post a video of it firing along a tape measure stretched out. That way it would kill the speculation. I really don't care if it is stock or not just so long as it is real. Also before one of you with a vulcan yells at me to do it myself just know that I would if I wasn't stuck down in the Missouri Ozarks doing research with the closest Wal-Mart a freaking hour away.

#164196 The Vulcan: Internals And Mods! New Mods Pg.9!

Posted by Herpestidae on 24 July 2008 - 05:19 PM in Modifications

Attaching the belts together is going to change the face of Humans vs. Zombies forever.

That being said it looks awesome Splitlip and thank you for your hard work taking it apart! I know everyone thanks you.

#212191 The Marvelous Magstrike

Posted by Herpestidae on 14 February 2009 - 12:23 PM in Modifications

It does look very...functional. Like Salindin_Naz said it is nice to see that there are nerfers in Wisconsin.

Also since they are both hooked up to the same pump how many times do you have to pump it to fill both the magstrike bladder and the big salvo tanks?

#177698 The Hunter, By Splitlip

Posted by Herpestidae on 16 September 2008 - 12:52 AM in Modifications

Have you ever considered just removing the external springs all together? I know that would hurt ranges some and decrease the badass factor but if it is not working that well I would rather have a gun that worked well but didn't shoot as far. Besides one of the things that always intrigued me about this gun is how quiet they are supposed to be. I am sure the springs make it noisier. To me I could see you causing a great deal of havok with a rapid fire basically silent gun. If you were firing from cover you would be hard to pinpoint which would go along with my personal style of sneaking well. But different strokes for different folks.

P.S. Sorry this is not a useful suggestion but for what it matters I really like it and commend you on your hard work.

#225110 The Cyclops

Posted by Herpestidae on 22 April 2009 - 07:18 PM in Modifications

Good job though I agree with Froot that I would reinforce the shit out of that pump to prevent any problems.

Also how is aiming since in my mind I would still try and aim down what used to be the old barrel? Just seems like it would mess with accuracy to me.

#188059 The Contract.

Posted by Herpestidae on 07 November 2008 - 11:52 AM in Modifications

Damn this just further reinforces the fact that I want a sm 750.

#224928 The Brass Snapper

Posted by Herpestidae on 21 April 2009 - 09:34 PM in Modifications

I give that awesome shit a thumbs up!

Something I really like about your work is that every piece has a very different feel to it and you can tell a lot of planning went into each one.

#227424 The Better Supermaxx 3000 Thread

Posted by Herpestidae on 01 May 2009 - 01:43 AM in Modifications

Fuck yeah I am so happy to be moving from Missouri to Wisconsin so I can battle against some of you Minnesota lads. I really can't wait to go against this thing at a war.

#178773 Spore.

Posted by Herpestidae on 22 September 2008 - 12:47 AM in Off Topic

All I can say about this game is that as a biologist the way "evolution" is portrayed is horrible. It is actually a better model for intelligent design.

#189341 Singled Titan

Posted by Herpestidae on 12 November 2008 - 07:51 PM in Modifications

You really should look around before you post mods but at least your grammar isn't bad so I am content. Also you should look into posting pictures because it makes the write-up come together.

#184049 Secret Strike? Where Do You Buy It?

Posted by Herpestidae on 15 October 2008 - 10:46 PM in General Nerf

I get them at the Haistings here in Kirksville which I discovered by accident.

#195615 Secret Strike 2k

Posted by Herpestidae on 12 December 2008 - 02:41 AM in Modifications

How hard is it to shoot one handed?

#153965 Roto Rocket

Posted by Herpestidae on 30 April 2008 - 01:44 AM in General Nerf

I have been saving my first post for a good mod but instead it appears I have to waste it on a question which will probably get me made fun of. Oh well. So I have taken a liking to the National Geographic Roto Rocket as something to have some fun with and am going to get one off of Amazon. However when I was looking around I noticed that there is another brand called Uncle Milton that makes what looks like the same gun. The descriptions are slightly different but they seem to be the same. The Uncle Milton one is 6 dollars cheaper and you can get free shipping (which the big salvo has also and I have been looking for an excuse to buy one of those) but I don't want to waste time and money on something that is junk. So I ask you all...is there a difference that anyone knows of?

National Geographic Roto Rocket
http://www.amazon.co...09537233&sr=1-2

Uncle Milton Roto Rocket
http://www.amazon.co...09537233&sr=1-1

Thank you in advance everyone!

#153999 Roto Rocket

Posted by Herpestidae on 30 April 2008 - 12:32 PM in General Nerf

Yes Baghead you are a dork but I respect both you and Hong Kong Phooey so I have no complaints. The pictures of yours were actually what got me interested in the gun in the first place.

Now I guess we just have to have a race to see who gets a mod for it up first. But since you have one completed and I have 2 weeks of finals and papers to do I believe that you might beat me.

#172217 Quickstrike Mod

Posted by Herpestidae on 24 August 2008 - 11:38 PM in Modifications

Does it have a trigger or do you just pull it back and let go?

You just pull it back and let it go which hurts its accuracy.

#172379 Quickstrike Mod

Posted by Herpestidae on 25 August 2008 - 05:10 PM in Modifications

I think you should go all out on this thing. Spring replacement, seal improvement, goop up those purple caps, coupler it with some nested petg or brass. 60 feet already, you could make this tiny thing a frickin primary!

Haha I like your spirit Splitlip! The seal with the hot glue and purple pieces is actually 100% tight but if I was to ever use it for a while I would take it apart and use goop so it would hold up to abuse better.I might try and do some nested brass barrels when I get really bored (too many other projects on the side) and besides with three bungees on it the accuracy goes down some. Also remember that those ranges are just eyeballed and I hope to make official ones soon so I really hope no one tries to call me out on them.

Maybe I will carry on in your tradition and make a part 2 to this mod but I wouldn't hold my breath for it.

#172377 Quickstrike Mod

Posted by Herpestidae on 25 August 2008 - 04:53 PM in Modifications

I no longer have a longshot to slap it onto but I might try and put it onto another gun.

2 bungees increased the range somewhere around to about 50 feet.
3 bungees increased the range to probably about 60.
Of course neither of those ranges are official since my tape measure is currently an hour and a half away but my fiance has a small one I might try and use. If I can get reliable measurements I will post them.

The only problem I have with the bungees is that it makes the gun a little hard to pull back because of the small size of the gun with such a high resistance.

#172289 Quickstrike Mod

Posted by Herpestidae on 25 August 2008 - 10:31 AM in Modifications

Man, talk about an obscure blaster! It's like a tiny Double Crossbow!

Question: What happened to the handle? Do you still have it?

It is basically a tiny double crossbow and no I don't still have the handle. It was just a molded little piece of black plastic that was far too small for my hands so I threw it away.

On a happier note I added some mini-bungees to it and it greatly improved the range!

#172214 Quickstrike Mod

Posted by Herpestidae on 24 August 2008 - 11:31 PM in Modifications

This marks my first posted mod and while it is nothing fancy I don't believe it has been done before. Stock the quickstrike sucked balls hardcore. In my opinion this is mainly the fault of its horrible arrow ammo which only flies straight for about 3 inches then veers off course. However without any further delay, here is the mod.

Materials Needed:
Quickstrike
Cpvc
Dremel or sawing instrument
Hot glue gun
Pipe cutter

Step 1: Take your unmodded quickstrike.
Posted Image

Step 2: Using a dremel or any other sawing instrument cut the barrels off flush with the purple pieces. Then take a knife and clean out the barrels of plastic pieces (I actually cut the barrels shorter after this picture but was too lazy to take another).
Posted Image

Step 3: Using your pipe cutter cut two pieces of cpvc to about 3 inches long and set aside for a second. Take your glue gun and slather the purple parts of the barrels in hot glue.
Posted Image

Step 4: Take the cpvc and force it over the purple part of the barrel. The fit will be snug but it will go on with a little force. Finally you have have your finished product.
Posted Image

Ranges: About 35-40 feet using streamlines with hot glue filled tips. I couldn't take actual measurements because my toolbox got left back at home.

Final remarks: I actually like this little gun. The whole mod take like 10 minutes and it a fun little surprise to ambush my friends with. It could be redone using plumbers goop instead of hot glue but the cpvc is such a snug fit over the barrel I do not believe it is essential.

Praise? Flames?

#193878 Quick Q

Posted by Herpestidae on 03 December 2008 - 09:55 PM in General Nerf

Deleted to hide a secret of national importance. Something about poisoning babies.

#193874 Quick Q

Posted by Herpestidae on 03 December 2008 - 09:47 PM in General Nerf

I did a bit of searching but it's a bit tough to find how much these guns go for or at least what someone would pay.

How much (minimum-maximum) for a New Style SM750, and sererately a Pulsator? Wildfires go for around $20-30 right? Lightining Blitz go for under $30?

Thanks in advance

Deleted to hide a secret of national importance. Something about poisoning babies.

#193914 Quad B

Posted by Herpestidae on 04 December 2008 - 01:19 AM in Modifications

Nice write-up. It is good to see a different take on a singled big blast. Keep up the good work!

#174856 Possible Source Of Brass

Posted by Herpestidae on 04 September 2008 - 12:43 AM in General Nerf

So I was really bored and decided to try and find a new source of brass online. The good news is that I think I did manage to find one although I have not tried to order anything off of it yet.

http://www.idealtrue...es?sfs=54d02b1a

It is not as nice as Mcmaster Carr but they do seem to carry several sizes of brass. The price with shipping is a little high if you are just ordering a few feet but if you wanted to buy a large amount of it (let's face it I know I would use a large amount of it) then it not so bad.

Just thought I would share what I found and perhaps someone else can tells us if this company is reputable or not.

#223942 Peasant's Guru

Posted by Herpestidae on 16 April 2009 - 12:41 PM in Modifications

Stylish and deadly. Excellent work Boom!

I guess the only thing that I see that I don't like is that the magstrike pump is between the BS barrels. Did you give any thought to running it backwards and attaching it to the rear of the BBB? I know some people have done that before with airtech 2000 pumps.

#224000 Peasant's Guru

Posted by Herpestidae on 16 April 2009 - 05:40 PM in Modifications

[quote name='b00m13' date='Apr 16 2009, 04:18 PM' post='223983']
Herpestidae - There's no rule that says you have to do everything the exact same way I did~
If you like pumping it in the rear, then pump it from the rear... heck I tried pumping it from the rear once too... but it just
wasn't my thing. I just prefer the front. ^_^

"Smacks himself in the head"

I can't believe I walked right into that.

Rork-yeah we are referring to the same thing. Personally I have never seen that particular mod done so I don't know how useful it would be.

Boom-About how many times do you pump it to fill the BS tanks? I mainly suggested moving the pump because it would seem awkward to pump it in between the two barrels to me. Once again though major props on creating something really functional.

#189635 Pas Coupler

Posted by Herpestidae on 14 November 2008 - 12:00 AM in Modifications

How is the seal on your way?

#164876 Official Humans Vs. Zombies Forums Now Online!

Posted by Herpestidae on 27 July 2008 - 10:35 PM in General Nerf

Nice Find! My scumbag of a roommate already signed up for it and yet failed to tell me about it. Lame!

#187977 O...m...f...g

Posted by Herpestidae on 06 November 2008 - 09:54 PM in General Nerf

I have sent a inquiry to Bass Pro in regards to the ad and will report back with what they tell me in the next day or so.

#179497 Niu Humans Vs Zombies Needs Help!

Posted by Herpestidae on 25 September 2008 - 11:12 AM in General Nerf

I had an application to create a Nerf society under my university student union, but yesterday I was emailed by the University administration denying my application, and there would be no appeal opportunities .I was instructed not to attempt a new application for a club which engaged in any activity which involved "Nerf". I gave the board a call too and they said they were instructed not to discuss the matter and I would risk an incident of student misconduct if I pursued the matter. After that Finnish shooting I don't see Nerf surviving anywhere near a college of university, best not to Nerf on campus. Talk to your SRC too, I'm not sure of your school conduct policies but what the university is doing could have legal implications.

Hmmm seems like a lot of people are having a hard time getting there admins to go along with the whole nerf thing. I guess we are pretty lucky at Truman, the moderator for our HvZ games is on the board of governors so we are left alone. However Mocky I would go through the student handbook at your school and see what the rules are on toys on campus. I know some schools have it stated in their handbooks that toys resembling guns are not allowed on campus. If it is not that in there I would bug the hell out of that board. Are they really going to reprimand you for exercising your freedom of speech? If so then they are nothing more than fascists and I would call them that. Sorry for the rant but it just makes me mad that universities which are supposed to be the most liberal places in America keep cutting down on the basic rights of people turning them into mindless slaves. If they quote all the school shootings then tell them how much of a stress reliever and friendship building exercise the club is. Once again sorry for the rants I just hate this kind of thing.

#216020 New Improved Vulcan On My Website

Posted by Herpestidae on 02 March 2009 - 09:15 PM in General Nerf

So you just taped some cardboard pieces to the front of a vulcan. Congrats?

#187383 New Buzzbee: Pump Tek

Posted by Herpestidae on 04 November 2008 - 12:14 AM in General Nerf

Looks like it could have some potential. However it also looks like it could snap in half with little force.

#175849 New And In A Slight Hurry

Posted by Herpestidae on 07 September 2008 - 11:32 PM in Modifications

Well that was a quote. took a second look at it and just noticed.. oh well.

For the running thing. Do you do missions when you place HvZ? some of ours require defending points, taking points, and other random tasks we must complete while under zombie attack, so the range is always nice to have in case you need it. Just saying, though I'm not at all opposed to running.

Yeah we started having both human and zombie missions and yes some of them require defending points. In that case get behind some cover and get with some people you can trust. I have found that if you try and shoot too far away good zombies will just dodge until you run out of ammo. However range is nice if you just want to lob shots into a horde but then again the running is best unless you are on a mission then see above notes.

#175835 New And In A Slight Hurry

Posted by Herpestidae on 07 September 2008 - 10:43 PM in Modifications

You know in all fairness if you are taking 60 ft shots at zombies then you are just walking zombie food. Most encounters with zombies take place at the 0-30 feet range. Any farther away than that and you should probably just try not to get noticed or run someplace.

P.S. Just for the record running away from zombies does not make me any less of a man. Which is good because I do it a lot but between two 8-day long games I have spent a grand total of four hours as a zombie so I must be doing something right.

#172453 Nerf Vulcan Mods

Posted by Herpestidae on 25 August 2008 - 10:06 PM in Modifications

i never said it fit fifty in the box i said it will make a mod for the box and when u curve the tip it work perfect so shut the fuck up and other wise i had enough of these fuck ing idiots ruining anything they can just so they think they are better than us so shut the fuck up u piece of shit.

Wait, hold up. So you basically just cut a hole in the existing ammo box so the last 25 links in the 50 round belt would hang out? That's not making a box that holds 50 darts, that's cutting a hole in the existing box and allowing it to HOLD 25 rounds inside, plus 25 rounds outside. While it seems to work ok sitting on your bench I doubt it would work that well if you were just running around shooting it. Of course guys like SPU-Nerf have done better 50 round mods that would actually work. I.e. in SPU's mod (http://nerfhaven.com...12615&hl=Vulcan) not only does the box actually hold 50 rounds, but he implemented a system of catching the belts as they move out of the right side of the gun. You need to implement some sort of belt catching system (assuming you use the Vulcan standing up) to prevent the mechanism from jamming under the weight of the partially spent belt. And having a loose belt hanging out kind of defeats the purpose of having the box in the first place, although I guess it's better to have 25 links hanging out then 50 links.

On another note fix the capitalization and grammar.

Finally, I've had enough of all the kids on the fucking Youtube. New rule. Only Forsaken Angel and those who don't show their face, don't speak, or are generally awesome may make videos. Otherwise please, PLEASE just stick to doing write ups. If you don't think a write up is worth the trouble then chances are the mod isn't worth the trouble either. I for one like to see a short video that compliments a good writeup, not a meh video and no writeup.

-Ta10n

Wait a second. In your first post you say that the mod is to make a box that can hold fifty darts and then you throw a fit when someone calls you on it. Also your spelling and grammar makes me want to cry so please stop with all the cursing and post like you have an IQ. I know that might be hard for you but please try...mkay.

#181727 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by Herpestidae on 05 October 2008 - 03:09 PM in General Nerf

I don't know about you but I wish they would release some guns with that red paintjob like the recon and vulcan have in the picture. Personally I think a longshot would look amazing in that scheme.