PissBacon's Content

There have been 174 items by PissBacon (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#33503 Tech Target Mod

Posted by PissBacon on 08 August 2004 - 06:11 AM in Modifications

Here's my mod for the Tech Target gun. Three changes occurred:
-Smaller barrel for 1/2 inch (homemade) darts, also slightly longer
-No air restrictor
-Stronger spring

Since I took photos after doing the mod, I'll only have certain views.

http://tinypic.com/1kbrc
This is the gun opened with the (aluminum) barrel already in.

http://tinypic.com/1kbr8
As you can see, the barrel comes apart easily from the main part of the gun.

http://tinypic.com/1kbqu
This is an important part of the barrel. It has to be cut neatly out so that air is allowed through easily, and should line up with the inserted barrel.

http://tinypic.com/1kbr6
Finished product left side.

http://tinypic.com/1kbqg
Finished product right side.

If the pictures won't load, it's because I dont have photobucket yet, so the geocities site might be over its limit.

This gun gets a pretty good range; I measured around 65 feet angled based on 3 test fires. I know other people have modded this gun, but I thought some looked kind of sloppy, so I made this one clean looking. The main issue i have with this gun is that it is noisy for being a small plunger-type gun. I can't figure any practical ways to make the noise quieter without reducing range.

#33726 Problems With Screws On Titan

Posted by PissBacon on 11 August 2004 - 12:09 AM in Modifications

Ok, here is what I've done in the past when I've needed a screwdriver shape that is uncommon (such as a triangle bit), and was too cheap to buy the bit. Get one of those Bic pens, the clear ones which come in 10 packs for 1 dollar at most targets and office supply stores. It has to be the clear kind. Take out the ink part of the pen which can be pulled out by the ballpoint tip (should be golden brown color) with pliers. Check to see if the clear part of the pen fits to where you need to reach the screws. If it does fit, great, but if not then sand it down some so that it fits. Then take a lit candle and heat up the clear part you have left til it starts to soften up. You should be using the end that the ballpoint pen used to be at, not the end with the colored cap. I recommend using a candle holder with the candle so you can press the pen up to it to test if it's soft. While it's still in it's soft state press it onto one of the screws firmly and hold it there for about 10 seconds or so so that the pen takes the shape of the misshapen screw. Hopefully you can twist and the screw will turn. If the pen sort of grips and then just gets scraped because the screw is too tight, reshape it with the candle, but put it in ice water right before attempting to turn so that it is somewhat harder. Repeat this process of shaping the pen for each messed up screw. When putting it back together hold each strange screw with pliers and press the pen to it again when heated, and screw in. Good luck! I hope I'm not too late.

#34244 Tubing

Posted by PissBacon on 18 August 2004 - 01:19 AM in Homemades

What about aluminum? I've used it on 3 guns now and am working on another with it. I'm not sure the size it was listed as but it fits my 1/2 inch stefans perfectly.

#34401 Hornet

Posted by PissBacon on 19 August 2004 - 03:26 AM in General Nerf

I just wondered if epoxy holds leaks under high pressure, since I'm dealing with a related problem. Would it just sort of break apart when pumped up, or is it strong enough to hold under pressure an air tank usually experiences? I will probably just have to use good old trial and error.

#34509 Hornet

Posted by PissBacon on 19 August 2004 - 06:17 PM in General Nerf

The epoxy worked like a charm. I can pump the tank up 50 pumps with no ill effect! This is not a hornet though, just so you know.

#34510 Tubing

Posted by PissBacon on 19 August 2004 - 06:21 PM in Homemades

Sorry I'm unsure of the origin of this aluminum. I've had about 12 feet of it in my garage for as long as I can remmeber. It's nice because it's so light, so I can add long barrels on without weight issues.

#34522 Squit Gun Mod/homemade 'thing'

Posted by PissBacon on 19 August 2004 - 07:42 PM in Homemades

Posted Image

For about 2 weeks I've been working on gutting an old squirt gun (Storm 2000) out, and over the course of the project, I kept changing the innards more and more. Now that it's complete, I'd consider the inside more than half homemade. It's got an 18 inch aluminum barrel with back loading breach-like design. The barrel sounds long, but the volume of the tank makes sense for it. It's also got a laser in place of where some stupid light used to be on the squirt gun. I used the same battery compartment and the same on/off switch build into the trigger mechanism for the laser, and it works pretty nicely. Originally the barrel was much simpler, and I just shoved darts down. Using that design I got 170 feet flat with only 3/5 of the tank's maximum power (before pressure release kicked in). I'm new, and I'm guessing this has been done countless times before, but I'll post it anyway.

Posted Image
Innards, and a TT for scale

Posted Image
A look down the back of the gun, in case you don't understand how the breach works exactly.

Posted Image
The end stopper I designed. It goes in the back of the loading area and is tightened to create a seal.

Posted Image
This is where the laser was put in (front of gun).

This was heavily influenced by the R.s.c.b. loading system. The gun is basically a homemade fit inside of a squirt gun case for looks (however I did use a lot of the valves and stuff from the squirt gun). As for ranges, I'm going to be gone for a few days, and the epoxy won't be dry before then. Hopefully by posting the ranges I won't just be bringing back a dead topic.

Posted Image
Pretty picture

P.S. Sorry about the typo in the topic name (I'm such an idiot).

#34548 Squit Gun Mod/homemade 'thing'

Posted by PissBacon on 19 August 2004 - 08:51 PM in Homemades

Oh, the light is operated by a 'noid, like on the NF, right?

I don't own a NF, and I'm not sure what a 'noid is. However, I can tell you where the switch is. If you look closely on the innards picture, you'll see where the trigger is connected to something with a bent metal rod. What it's connected to is the mechanism that opens the valve. On the very thing that presses on the valve pin is a rubber-covered switch which closes the circuit to the laser. It works quite well since the valve pin is held by a strong enough spring. So, to turn the laser on, pull the trigger a little, and then fire by pulling all the way.

#34557 Squit Gun Mod/homemade 'thing'

Posted by PissBacon on 19 August 2004 - 09:57 PM in Homemades

I don't know how to measure psi on this kind of thing. If anyone has advice for some mechanism let me know; until then I'll be thinking about it. Maybe i can use the cap from the 2nd tank I sawed off of the storm2000. hmm

#34564 Homemade Flash Bang Grenade

Posted by PissBacon on 19 August 2004 - 10:38 PM in Homemades

It's funny that I just see this posted. Only a few days ago I was considering building a flash from an old camera into one of my guns. I figured out how to wire it and all right next to the laser sight. In the end I decided it was sort of pointless and scrapped the idea. It is possible to put a simple disposable camera flash circuit into many guns with a bit of wire and solder though. Just open up a standard disposable camera and you'll see what I mean (careful though, one of those shocked me pretty hard when I touched part of the circuit).

#34933 Homemade Pistol Idea

Posted by PissBacon on 23 August 2004 - 01:52 AM in Homemades

What about the bike pumps that use co2 cartridges instead? Those would make for some quick shots.

#34934 Ipod's Dirty Secret

Posted by PissBacon on 23 August 2004 - 02:09 AM in Off Topic

The gigabeat is also better than the ipod. http://www.toshiba.c...0j/products.htm

Personally, I'm waiting for the PSP.

#35017 Titan: The Most Powerful Nerf Gun Ever

Posted by PissBacon on 23 August 2004 - 09:00 PM in Modifications

Nice! I want to know the ranges once you put a barrel on it.

#35124 Titan, Too Much Power?

Posted by PissBacon on 25 August 2004 - 12:36 AM in Modifications

I'm not sure why some people didn't think the ranges possible, considering with similar hardware (modified squirt guns) ranges of 250ft were obtained. I think it's great and all that this has been done with a true nerf gun though.

#35249 Help With Wclp

Posted by PissBacon on 25 August 2004 - 11:27 PM in Modifications

So are you saying you modded your scout to have a clip, or just that it's like having a scout with a clip?

#35703 Squit Gun Mod/homemade 'thing'

Posted by PissBacon on 28 August 2004 - 10:13 PM in Homemades

Sorry for giving this topic a bump, but I thought it's worthwile to say I tested some ranges recently. Since I'm restricted to only so much yard space I could not measure too well, but here are some results (these shots are fired level from about 5 feet off the ground). I pumped the gun 20 times and fired; the dart went well beyond a fence of blackberry bushes 200 feet away from me (and I never found the dart). Then I backed up about 70 feet and the other dart I had with me was also lost beyond the blackberries. This gun's range easily beats the rest of my arsenal. Now for improving rate of fire hmm...

#35714 The Lnl

Posted by PissBacon on 28 August 2004 - 10:49 PM in General Nerf

To me it's just the pimp-factor of the lnl.

#35715 Squit Gun Mod/homemade 'thing'

Posted by PissBacon on 28 August 2004 - 10:57 PM in Homemades

(these shots are fired level from about 5 feet off the ground)

Sorry that information was sort of hidden ompa, but yes it was flat.

#35722 An Explosive Idea

Posted by PissBacon on 29 August 2004 - 02:36 AM in Homemades

I don't get how the shrapnel 'goes'. Are those all barrels or are they just stuck onto the balloon.

#35772 New Dart Design

Posted by PissBacon on 29 August 2004 - 05:19 PM in Homemades

Posted Image

I was reading some topics on darts and got this idea. It's (clearly) based on the Stefan dart, but on the end you can see I did something a little different. Using a new and sharp xacto blade cut it into that shape as cleanly and symmetricly as possible. Then, heat up the xacto blade with the hot tip of a glue gun. Using the xacto, make all 4 flat surfaces on the back there a bit melted using the xacto's flat sides so that air won't pass through. Add the weight and hot glue on the other end as usual, and you probably shouldn't bore a hole in this kind of dart. So far I've only made these with 1/2 inch rod, and I do 2 1/4 inches long, and the 1/4 inch area is cut. I don't have enough of these made yet to do comparison testing (they take a long time), but I would guess they will improve accuracy based on the same concept that makes bicycles work.

EDIT: I think I'll call it the Bacon Dart.

#35829 New Dart Design

Posted by PissBacon on 29 August 2004 - 08:48 PM in Homemades

Airsoft, do you mean spiral grooves or what? And yes it does require precise cutting and shaping to make these darts work properly. It might be also possible to create a steeper angle of cut so that there is more spiral push on the dart.

#35845 Best Gun

Posted by PissBacon on 29 August 2004 - 11:49 PM in General Nerf

Ompa, is your ss1 tri-barrel a secret shot 1 or a sharp shooter 1, because I was just recently thinking of making my secret shot 1 into a tri-barrel.

#35921 New Dart Design

Posted by PissBacon on 30 August 2004 - 09:37 PM in Homemades

3DBBQ go ahead and use my design in your site.
I've been busy with school and all, but I'll try to get some comparisons in soon. It seems most of my guns are out of comission at the moment, but I have a feeling these will work best in my 19 inch modded storm2000. I'll try it out with stuff like my tech target too though.

#35930 Helix Barrel

Posted by PissBacon on 30 August 2004 - 11:19 PM in Homemades

What if you somehow bored spiral patterns into a barrel like a real gun?

#36041 Helix Barrel

Posted by PissBacon on 31 August 2004 - 08:53 PM in Homemades

So, since rifling doesn't really work with nerf because of the physics of it, I guess I'm unsure of why silencers work then. In a real gun, the silencer is intended to slow down the air so that it's not at supersonic speeds, preventing a sonic boom (I think that's how it works). I may just be confused.

#36277 Long Range Weapon

Posted by PissBacon on 02 September 2004 - 11:32 PM in General Nerf

My favorite is my modded storm2k

#36830 Impressive Paint Jobs?

Posted by PissBacon on 09 September 2004 - 11:37 PM in General Nerf

All mine!

Posted Image

#39842 Clr Power Plumber

Posted by PissBacon on 26 October 2004 - 01:53 AM in General Nerf

Has anyone seen those commercials lately for CLR Power Plumber? I've never used/seen in use one of those, but they look like a potential way to add on to a nerf gun for a quick fire, especially on guns that need priming. I don't know if the cleaner emmits some kind of toxic gas or messy cleaner fluid, but if I find time I'll consider experimenting. This also has a lot of potential as a homemade gun. It would be similar to CO2, but a special valve wouldn't be necessary, and the whole design would be simpler. ...I've been missing out on the nerf community lately since school started, but hopefully I can get back to testing my spiral darts.

#39971 Need Help

Posted by PissBacon on 27 October 2004 - 01:16 AM in General Nerf

I've lost a tooth because of nerf before as well. The dart flew and suddenly there was a bunch of powder in my mouth. It broke to the vein.

#40433 Clip Friendly Dart

Posted by PissBacon on 01 November 2004 - 02:01 AM in General Nerf

Goodie; super power + ok rof. Maybe I'll buy an n-strike after all...

#45127 Merry Christmas

Posted by PissBacon on 30 December 2004 - 06:37 AM in Off Topic

Silver is, I think, the best metal conductor, but I'm not totally sure so don't hold me to it. I know it's not gold because it's too soft.

not to go crazy on correcting people.. but how soft a metal is has nothing to do with conductivity. In fact, gold is a great conductor, hence its use in lots of electric connections, especially audio connectors.

For xmas i got a crybaby 535Q and 13 Songs

#47600 How Do You Modify A Ss2?

Posted by PissBacon on 20 February 2005 - 01:39 AM in Modifications

Sharp Shooter or Secret Shot?

#47601 Problems With The Secret Shot 2

Posted by PissBacon on 20 February 2005 - 01:43 AM in Modifications

How would WD40 fix a leak?

#47603 Atomizer Slingshot Mod

Posted by PissBacon on 20 February 2005 - 01:45 AM in Modifications

What did you say about ranges? I have never shot one of these before so I don't know what to expect.

#47608 Behold! My Awesome Modification!

Posted by PissBacon on 20 February 2005 - 02:02 AM in Modifications

Osgood-Schlatter disease really sucks; as for the crutch gun, I have a pair of old crutches laying around. The trigger would definately be placed around the handle part, concealed of course. I've just finished up making a semi-automatic pressure regulating valve that looks like it will fit inside the crutch's aluminum piping. Just need to work out how the darts would be loaded; I definately do not want to have to ram each one down the bottom of the crutch. Just imagine dual-wielding nerf crutches.

#47609 Supersoaker Xp270 Mod

Posted by PissBacon on 20 February 2005 - 02:11 AM in Modifications

Many squirt guns will have leaks when you are just using air because air escapes easier than water.

#47677 Atomizer Slingshot Mod

Posted by PissBacon on 21 February 2005 - 02:40 AM in Modifications

thanks. I'm not that surprised though, since it's just a slingshot after all.

#47679 Toy Fair In New York Next Week

Posted by PissBacon on 21 February 2005 - 03:01 AM in General Nerf

The other one sounds like a PC knockoff.

Which gun looks like a PC knockoff? I really can't wait for a new PC since I dont want to buy one off of somebody. Also the guns that appear to be smaller clip RF20s look like they have big potential, and with 2 to a pack it could be some great dual wielding.

PS: Laser Tag
I know it's not nerf, but for people making homemade guns, it could be a nice shell.

#47680 Dremel Bits

Posted by PissBacon on 21 February 2005 - 03:20 AM in Homemades

I used to have a dremel, but over time I found more power was a big help. I love my Foredom now; you might want to check one out. The motor is separate from the handle part, which allows for much higher rpm, plus you can control the speed with your foot instead of stopping to mess with it all the time. Then again, if you only want it for nerf, that may be overkill.

#47681 Homemade Mac 11

Posted by PissBacon on 21 February 2005 - 03:32 AM in Homemades

As I scrolled through the posts, I kept thinking you should use paintball parts, and thank god you did. It has always been my belief you could make a killer homemade almost entirely from paintball parts.