neonerfer's Content

There have been 376 items by neonerfer (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#95979 How The Fuck Are You Guys?

Posted by neonerfer on 05 December 2006 - 06:43 PM in Off Topic

Holy shit, it's good to see you post something for once. I believe the last time we spoke was in '03 at Armageddon? Not counting this past summer, where we drove off with Toj's phone in hand, you were on the line, and we had to toss the phone back to them in the other car at a stoplight. That was kind of cool. But I digress...

How have you been, you salty sea dog, you? How's life? How're the children? Wait...

I'm...the father? ...Was it a boy, or a girl?

Not much has changed, except your absence at Armageddons, and the cold lonely nights I spent by myself now. Longshot came out (clip fed rifle), and the Magstrike (re-worked powerclip). OMC, Kuhlschrank and myself made a documentary video of this past Armageddon and travelling out there, etc. which can be downloaded here. Other than that, everything else is pretty much the same. VACC still drinks the blood of his victims from a skull turned chalice, OMC is still devouring entire clans, I am bringing sexy back, and Spoon and Cx still keep it real. But the real question is, how are you, sir?

-Groove

Its a man boy goat servant.

I look very foward to the crossbow not being rereleased.

I'm excited to watch that video, it didn't work until I realized you forgot the f in your link. Noob.

STEVIE: STILL PUTTING THE "F" BACK IN "NERF" AFTER ALL THESE YEARS!

#95941 How The Fuck Are You Guys?

Posted by neonerfer on 05 December 2006 - 04:56 AM in Off Topic

God I haven't been on this site in what feels like years. Cleaning out the garage over Thanksgiving break, I found my boxes of guns and ammo and paraphernalia and thought back fondly to my days of Nerf. I think my last war was Armageddon at Toj's house or maybe a YANO after that. How are you all? Who's still around? Kevin and Julie at least, I'm guessing, how are the kids? Spoon and Vacc? Ray? I trust the horsemen and the lawn chair mafia are still around.

I'm a freshman at UCSB now. Pretty safe to say that no one nerfs. What have I missed? Some legit new guns, I imagine. The last one I rememebr coming out was the N Strike (was that the one where the three guns attached together?)

Anyways, I just wanted to say hi and that checking in has made me a bit nostalgic for my days of modding and organizing wars and hanging around this place. Good to see it's still going strong.

Keep it real.

(Oh and Groove, you actually are the father.)

#74491 New Gun? (videos)

Posted by neonerfer on 27 February 2006 - 01:51 AM in General Nerf

hey fellas i'm back. been a while hasn't it, how the fuck have you all been?

anyways i found a video when i was poking around on You Tube of what looks to be a nerf AK, for lack of a better name. from the video its a bolt action, clip fed, ejecting shell nerf rifle.

i searched around and didn't find anything, so if this has been brought up already i probably look like a douche but does anyone know anything about this?

looks bitchin.

video:

#70914 Happy Birthday Neonerfer

Posted by neonerfer on 13 January 2006 - 02:22 AM in Off Topic

:)

thanks baby.

#60132 It's Nerf Or Nothing

Posted by neonerfer on 24 July 2005 - 10:55 PM in General Nerf

...why fundamentalists should not nerf.

#60078 Armageddon 2k5 Recap

Posted by neonerfer on 24 July 2005 - 03:04 PM in Nerf Wars

sorry i couldn't make it. i was out pretty late the night before and with the heat i decided to spend the day at the beach. yeah i'm a flake, I'm sure you all managed without me though.

#59280 Armageddon 2005

Posted by neonerfer on 14 July 2005 - 05:06 AM in Nerf Wars

which is a maybe for the morning

your mother sucks eggs and how.

#58393 Happy Birthday Stefan!

Posted by neonerfer on 28 June 2005 - 03:17 PM in Off Topic

may your next 24 years be as joyful as these last.

#57793 Armageddon 2005

Posted by neonerfer on 20 June 2005 - 03:13 AM in Nerf Wars

i'm down for the 23rd. all we really need is a decent area with a few trees and a large open space where we could set up some baricades and stuff. we'll look around here for some potentials.

#46841 December Yano Recap

Posted by neonerfer on 02 February 2005 - 09:13 PM in Nerf Wars

Great preview, can't wait to see the entire thing!

Yeah, echinacea is good stuff, proven to increase the white blood cell count.

Don't forget that the cold virus, for whatever reason, can't survive in a Zinc environment. Cold Eeze! Seriously.

#46316 He's Back.. With More Hair!

Posted by neonerfer on 19 January 2005 - 11:24 PM in Off Topic

Your hair looks stupid.

#44834 December Yano Recap

Posted by neonerfer on 25 December 2004 - 01:59 AM in Nerf Wars

Looks like you folks had a grand old(e) time. Irvine, that's the spot for 'geddon, right? Makes me wish I could go back out there.

Spoon looks damned tired there...and Steve, Jebus Cripes, looks like a tree with blond hair. And since when did Ray shave off all his hair? Doesn't it get freaking cold in California during the winter...at all? Even a little bit?

While we're on the subject of Hubbard, he looks particularly scary in that picture. I know, I mean - I know Hubbard is generally a scary person, but he looks exceptionally kooky in that picture.

Your ass better show up this summer for GEDDON OH FIVE. It's only cross country plane ride Groove, get it together!

Spoon's getting old and is starting to settle down. No more wild cutoff sweatpants anymore.

I look damn rugged and you know it.

Ray's a giant douche. A fuzzy giant douche. Actually it's 75 degrees year round but sometimes it gets cloudy or drizzles.

Hubbard flew in on his gun/spaceship integration, The S.S. Hubbard. Don't ask.

(ps that war was fun.)

#44831 Diffective Frist Shots

Posted by neonerfer on 25 December 2004 - 01:46 AM in General Nerf

This Christmas, help those less fortunate than you...

Those with less experience, perhaps less of a home...

Posted Image

#44502 December Yano

Posted by neonerfer on 21 December 2004 - 08:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Alrighty, I'm coming for sure and bringing Tojjy. My bag's still packed from Armageddon, darts are made, and epoxy is dry. Good to go.

#44278 December Yano

Posted by neonerfer on 18 December 2004 - 04:04 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm open on the 22nd and I'm pretty sure I'll be able to drive myself but I doubt my parents will let me drive anyone else.

#44126 Nirvana

Posted by neonerfer on 15 December 2004 - 10:07 PM in Off Topic

In terms of musical talent Nirvana was horrible. I'm not saying they're a bad band, their live act, image, lyrics are an entirely different ordeal. They did, however, do one thing though and they did it very well -- they brought grunge to the mainstream. They didn't invent grunge or really even develop it much. Kurt's guitar playing is mediocre at best, even if his voice blends well with the instrument. They simplified and made poppier what Sonic Youth, Alice and Chains, and Green River had been doing the entire time. Now don't get me wrong they're not that bad. They're no where close to the best band, guitarist, or lyricist ever, but they're far from the worst. The reason that they were so popular is because the lyrics aren't profound or really deep but they're easy to understand and tell teenagers exactly what they want to hear. The music is simple and catchy but edgy and memorable so it was perfect for the mainstream. On their own, they're pretty good but compared to some of the other grunge bands (check out Mad Season and you'll catch my drift) and in comparison to their absurdly inflated image, they're shit.

On a side note, Cobain couldn't have shot himself with the amounts of heroin that he had in his body. When you have three times the maximum lethal dose for even a serious addict, you really can't fire a weapon too well.

http://www.cobaincase.com/

#44111 My Apologies

Posted by neonerfer on 15 December 2004 - 08:11 PM in Off Topic

how dare you.

#43477 Jimi Hendrix

Posted by neonerfer on 06 December 2004 - 10:12 PM in Off Topic

In terms of his innovation and improvisational skills, Hendrix is the best. In terms of his techinical skills on the guitar, he's up there, but by no means the best.

#43400 December Yano

Posted by neonerfer on 05 December 2004 - 09:02 PM in Nerf Wars

22nd would work better for me.

#42154 Prank Ideas

Posted by neonerfer on 21 November 2004 - 02:49 PM in Off Topic

If you have a truck or access to one, pick up some old recliners, couches, etc and leave one on the hood or roof of his car.

#41360 Tna Wrestling

Posted by neonerfer on 10 November 2004 - 08:14 PM in Off Topic

Total nonstop action? NO WAY! All these years I've wasted on partial nonstop action!

#39273 Whats The Suckest Gun

Posted by neonerfer on 19 October 2004 - 07:04 PM in General Nerf

You, nerfboi, are the suckest gun.

#39230 Armageddon 2k4 Video

Posted by neonerfer on 18 October 2004 - 10:20 PM in News

As always, excellent job Kev and Julie!

Great musical choice, some great shots, and the part where Uber Paul sprints to the tree is definately a good thing, even if it wasn't supposed to be sped up. That shot of me spinning the night finder then dualing is funny, I'd almost forgotten about the whole war, good times were had indeed.

Oh and of course the Shpoonanigans at the end are classic.

#39170 December Yano

Posted by neonerfer on 17 October 2004 - 03:38 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm driving now and can handle Pasadena. I just watched the video from A2K4 and I must say I'm rather aroused. I'm busier than usual but I'll probably be able to make it whenever. Christmas break would be ideal.

#37841 Procrastination

Posted by neonerfer on 26 September 2004 - 11:15 PM in Off Topic

I think I'd read every post on the boards by the time I signed up.

#36535 The Google Challenge - A Redux

Posted by neonerfer on 06 September 2004 - 12:48 PM in Off Topic

http://staticfree.info/graphics/steve'...old_smaller.jpg
http://www2.eng.cam..../~sgc/Steve.jpg

Hmmmmm.

#35477 Nerf World's New Menu

Posted by neonerfer on 27 August 2004 - 02:19 PM in Off Topic

NEATO!

#34010 New Stefen Tip

Posted by neonerfer on 15 August 2004 - 02:10 AM in Homemades

If people are bitching about darts hurting, offer a pity hit if you're 10 ft or closer. Organize this before the war and if they don't accept your mercy within a couple seconds, shoot them. They can't bitch about the sting because you gave them fair warning. Unless people are bleeding or eye protection is being broken, to some extent pain is just part of nerf (one of the best parts IMO).

#33831 Really Addicting Game

Posted by neonerfer on 12 August 2004 - 07:33 PM in Off Topic

If you thought that last game was addictive, don't even think of clickin this link.

Steve, you are single-handedly responsible for NH not getting a homemade writeup and a mod writeup today.

Fuck.

Level 50.

Don't blame me! Blame this Ebaum individual. Christ, level 50? I'm struggling on level 42. I supposed accidentally restarting at level 30 something set me back a bit, make sure you write down the codes.

#33825 Really Addicting Game

Posted by neonerfer on 12 August 2004 - 05:23 PM in Off Topic

If you thought that last game was addictive, don't even think of clickin this link. Say goodbye to whatever is left of your summer.

http://www.ebaumswor.../pandagolf.html

lvl 36.

#33717 Feelings About High School

Posted by neonerfer on 10 August 2004 - 10:39 PM in Off Topic

Try as hard as you see fit, you smell like a smart kid but just have fun. If the pressure of school's getting to you, go out and party, be sporadic. You're only going to be in highschool once and you can fuck up a lot before you get in any kind of serious trouble. Don't be intimidated because people are older or bigger than you, get out and meet as many people as you can, you'll be much happier. Get as many screen names and phone numbers as you can, the more people you meet the better the group you can find. I met my best friend through Live Journal, as well as dozens of interesting people at my highschool that I probably wouldn't have met. And since you're 14, make sure you find someone who can drive and befriend them, fast. Not having access to a vehicle during highschool is about as bad as it gets, you don't want your parents to have to drive you places. Just be yourself, be outgoing, and don't be afraid to just say "Fuck it all" and let loose when you need to.

#33577 Peasant's Quest

Posted by neonerfer on 09 August 2004 - 03:54 PM in Off Topic

Yeah I posted a bit about it in that other addictive game thread. Wonderful waste of time, very funny especially if you like H*R or King's Quest type games. This is a helpful walkthrough. I've got the entire game figured out except for Naked Ned. The robe has his initials on it and the house is his but I still can't figure out why he's there. Probably just to bother us. Definately check out the King's Quest series, great games. If you liked Peasant's Quest you can download the VGA remakes of KQ one and two here. In the first game though, make certain not to enter a certain hole in the ground without the magic mushroom. It will be your demise.

#33247 Really Addicting Game

Posted by neonerfer on 05 August 2004 - 10:37 PM in Off Topic

Holy Shit.

Someone did a VGA remake of Kings Quest 1.

I spent weeks solving the (EGA?) original.

286-16MHz with 2MB RAM.

Just goes to show that if the game's good enough you can still enjoy it 20 years later. Sorry to make you feel like an old timer kev -_- . I've had more fun playing the remake than most games that have come out recently. Cloud land's where it's at, yo.

#33245 Really Addicting Game

Posted by neonerfer on 05 August 2004 - 10:24 PM in Off Topic

I already beat peasants quest. Heres a walk through for help though.

Ye Olde Peasant's Queste Walke Throughe

I got 150/150 but I couldn't figure out what the point of naked ned was (spooky naked man that pops out from behind the tree). The robe you get says N.N. on it and the house you break into is his. There has to be some point to him being in the game. If you liked Peasants Quest, there's *fill in blank* Quest for just about everything you can think of. Just search for them, but the King's Quest and Space Quest games are really good. I think you can find most of them for free, this site has a couple remakes of King's Quest to download.

#33232 Really Addicting Game

Posted by neonerfer on 05 August 2004 - 08:18 PM in Off Topic

That's horribly addictive, neat game. It can't even come close to Peasant's Quest though.

#32951 Would You Buy Watermelon Pink 1/2" FBR?

Posted by neonerfer on 02 August 2004 - 08:57 PM in General Nerf

I accidentally nulled my vote but that looks awesome. Pink is much better than red anyways, much more masculene. It's more visible and I don't really care that it's a slightly different color, it's still the colored backer rod we were excited about. Badass.

#32611 Red Fbr: Reviewed

Posted by neonerfer on 29 July 2004 - 02:45 PM in Articles

Nice review Kev, this stuff sounds like ShortShit's found a winner. I'll have to try different barrel setups (probably a tighter fitting one) once I get my foam.

#32460 Dbf Update

Posted by neonerfer on 27 July 2004 - 07:40 PM in News

That's wonderful groove. But more importantly, when's the new comic gonna be up? Now that you've posted the "new" one, it's now the old one. Now we need a new one. :P

Just kidding, great work, looking foward to many, MANY more. (or else you won't be allowed to work for free)

#32360 They're Here.

Posted by neonerfer on 26 July 2004 - 07:58 PM in General Nerf

I call black hot glue at the next YANO.

#31962 Who Would Buy Colored Backer Rod?

Posted by neonerfer on 21 July 2004 - 05:08 PM in General Nerf

Red, precut would be awesome. If it was straight, stefan making would be so much easier. I'm guessing it will be straight considering it doesn't have to be rolled up, right BigShit?