Ginjiroku's Content

There have been 35 items by Ginjiroku (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#14817 As And Pb Vs Nerf

Posted by Ginjiroku on 21 December 2003 - 03:00 PM in Off Topic

To everyone that thinks nerf is stupid
I'm not the biggest fan of nerf, it is someting I do in my freinds backyard when I'm not paintballing. But if you think it's pointless ok that's what you think but let the people that nerf nerf, and let the people that hate nerf hate nerf and just shut you face. you don't have to like it but there are people that do and let them have fun. stop trying to get everyone to think like you. And another thing everyone is saying nerf guns don't hurt everyone that nerfs is a pussy. Well I don't think any one should give a crap about how much the projectile hurts. If you play paintball because you like pain go do something else you idiot. Paintball, Airsoft, and Nerf are about fun not pain so if you think Nerf is stupid only because you think it doesn't hurt get help. So just let people have fun and enjoy life stop fighting about wich is better.

#14820 As And Pb Vs Nerf

Posted by Ginjiroku on 21 December 2003 - 03:33 PM in Off Topic

man i'm stupid I didn't read the post date I won't post in this thrad again. there are almost no threads in this forum it is hard to tell which ones are old.

#24658 Building A Custom Pc

Posted by Ginjiroku on 22 April 2004 - 08:29 PM in Off Topic

The AMD 2600+ looks great but the only thing I am concerned about it the 266mhz fsp. The Pentium 2.8 has 800mhz. Would this matter that much?

It really doesn't matter. And plus it depends on what athlon core you get there is a 266 fsb and a 300 fsb version. Get the 300. The thing about Athlons is though the're fsb has a low clock speed they can perform just as well and somtimes better than the equivilant P4. The 2600+ only only has a clock speed of 2.08ghz but it can easly keep up with a 2.66ghz P4. Clock Speed isn't everything.

#16127 Buster Sword

Posted by Ginjiroku on 10 January 2004 - 04:48 PM in Homemades

that great, I really like it.

#29829 Fireworks

Posted by Ginjiroku on 28 June 2004 - 11:17 PM in Off Topic

Ever even look around CHINA TOWN??? All you have to do is look... and look... and look.. SCORE!!!

I'm stuck on Catalina(Some island off so cal).

You live on Catalina. That's cool.

As for July 4th. I'l probably end up at a friends house setting off fireworks untill the cops come around or we run out of explosives.

#24706 Nerf Pistol

Posted by Ginjiroku on 23 April 2004 - 09:24 PM in Homemades

Ok so I won't sell them becuase you're right that is selfish.

I disagree.

Post details of what you've done. If it's good, a few people will duplicate your work. If it's really good, they'll tell everyone how great it is - something that you could never convince people of on your own. Those who want one but have no clue how to pick up a tool will ask you if they can buy one.

In case anyone missed it, the steps are:

1. Give to the community

2. Get respect

3. Profit!

Yea I was thinking of still offering them for sale and then also offering the plans to people that are up to building it.

Phase I: Collect Underpants

Phase II: ???

Phase III: Profit!

I just had to add that ;)

#24701 Nerf Pistol

Posted by Ginjiroku on 23 April 2004 - 09:06 PM in Homemades

It's a big pic and IE resizes pics. I kept it in BMP becuase JPEG blurs. I should have saved it as a gif though. Anyway yea you need a really strong valve spring. The stronger the spring the more pressure it can withstand. And the main spring behind the hammer needs to be slightly softer but just slightly so after the hammer strikes the valve spring can push it back. That circle in the hammer is a rod that goes through a slit in the mainbody so you can reset the hammer.

#24698 Nerf Pistol

Posted by Ginjiroku on 23 April 2004 - 08:43 PM in Homemades

Ok so I won't sell them becuase you're right that is selfish. Anyway I did some blueprints in paint. Now It's not big enough to show were the o-rings are but trust me every place that needs to be is sealed. Another thing these are just plans. Building it may be next to impossible but I'm still going to try. In the drawing none of the parts are reletive in size I just kind of guessed so I could show the design. And it aso really sucks becuase It's paint.

Link to the image!

#24587 Nerf Pistol

Posted by Ginjiroku on 20 April 2004 - 06:58 PM in Homemades

Well it would take way too long to explain it and the only plans I have are really poorly drawn and I can't scan them. I need to make some neater plans to exact scale. On top of that I really don't want to leak the plans right now.

#24709 Nerf Pistol

Posted by Ginjiroku on 23 April 2004 - 09:35 PM in Homemades

It's a great idea. I'll draw up plans for a simple pistol.

#24716 Nerf Pistol

Posted by Ginjiroku on 23 April 2004 - 10:01 PM in Homemades

Vintage's design looks very simple, and simplicity often proves effective in battle. Ginjiroko, your design is very very complex, but good job with all the internals. In other words, it would work well but theres a whole lot of empty or wasted space. I do like your simple auto valve in front of and above the trigger. I think putting that right after the zero valve in Vintage's concept and expanding the air tank could provide for a nice multi shot pistol. Bit more bulky though.

Why my ideas are so complex are because I paintball a whole lot more than I nerf. So my designs are paintball inspired and very complicated. I'm working on a simple breech load design with room for a mag.

#24726 Nerf Pistol

Posted by Ginjiroku on 23 April 2004 - 11:03 PM in Homemades

It won't reach it's starting point ever but with a strong enough spring it will get close.

#24728 Nerf Pistol

Posted by Ginjiroku on 23 April 2004 - 11:10 PM in Homemades

I changed your pistol design a little
Posted Image
I took away a little unnecessary bit of tubeing. I also added a mag. It looks really funky but it could work.

http://longboard.dyn...lex/pistol2.GIF
It's a link becuase it is huge. It should be a small file becuase it's just a gif with 2 colors but the actually image size is huge. It's my new pistol design. The trigger looks and works really strangly be it's so there are alot less parts in the frame.

In the last picture I forgot about the air supply. This is a drawing of the outside of the pistol with the air supply added. I'm tking of powering it off of 12grams.
http://longboard.dyn...alex/pistol.GIF

#24724 Nerf Pistol

Posted by Ginjiroku on 23 April 2004 - 10:54 PM in Homemades

It depends on the strength of the spring. It actually fires quite slow. My friend (bobert) made one.

#24722 Nerf Pistol

Posted by Ginjiroku on 23 April 2004 - 10:36 PM in Homemades

I love that style auto valve. I made and animation of it.
Posted Image

Anyway I'm still working on a different design for a pistol. It's not necessarly any more simple in how it works but it will be alot easyer to build.

#24585 Nerf Pistol

Posted by Ginjiroku on 20 April 2004 - 06:51 PM in Homemades

I'll probably be able to sort out the problems. I won't be able to start for a little while and making the first one will take a while. Also if the results are good would you be interested at one as a sidearm?

#24743 Nerf Pistol

Posted by Ginjiroku on 24 April 2004 - 01:07 PM in Homemades

I love that style auto valve. I made and animation of it.

That's not any different from a PC/RF20 valve.

The cycle speed will be determined by air pressure, the force exerted by the spring, the diameter of the piston tube, and the size of the air inlet hole.

The main problem with this design is that unless you have a very large tank relative to the volume of the air bursts, or a high pressure tank with a regulator, the pressure will quickly decrease to the point that it will no longer cycle. I guess you could also employ the Nerf solution and use an elastic tank that maintains high pressure even as volume drops.

Along with all those thing the cycle speed will also be determined by the size and strengh of the spring and the distance of the input and output holes.

#24578 Nerf Pistol

Posted by Ginjiroku on 20 April 2004 - 06:22 PM in Homemades

Last night I was bored and drew up some plans for a PVC nerf pistol. Now I'm thinking of making one and once I make a few and work out some of the possible problems I'll post pics and stuff. It works like a paintball marker becuase while I was working on the plans I was staring at an animated gif of the internals of a PGP. I'm also thinking of selling them if the project is succesful.

#22247 My Screen Resolution Is...

Posted by Ginjiroku on 23 March 2004 - 10:13 PM in Site Feedback

I'm running 1152x864 on this crappy ass 17" monitor. I usually run games at 1024x768 though. 800x600 if it's a demanding game.

[EDIT] I guess I'll throw my comp specs in here too.

Asus A7N8X nForce2
AMD Athlon XP 2100+ @ 1.73GHz
512 MB ram
80GB HD
ATI Radeon 9500 Pro OC'ed, running at 9700 Pro level
All packed into an Antec Super Lanboy

We have similar systems besides the monitor. Not too similar but the same amount of ram the same mobo, similar proc. And Similar HD
NEC MultiSync FE990 @ 1280 x 1024
ASUS A7N8X Deluxe
AMD Athlon XP 2600 (2.08GHZ)
NVidia GeForce FX 5600 256
80gig Wester Digital Caviar
Lite on 52x32x52
512 MB corsair (1gig soon)
SB Audigy Gamer soundcard
All in a cooler master ATC 710

#14898 Lord Of The Rings Iii

Posted by Ginjiroku on 22 December 2003 - 09:25 PM in Off Topic

I saw it like 3 weeks ago and on sat.
I thought it was great. It wouldn't have been that hard to include the confrontation and Isengard but the freeing the shire would have taken a while to do.

#29830 Anyone In A Band?

Posted by Ginjiroku on 28 June 2004 - 11:18 PM in Off Topic

I play bass in a band. We don't really have a name at the moment though. We play rock and a little blues.

#22339 Cool Valve

Posted by Ginjiroku on 24 March 2004 - 11:32 PM in Homemades

awsome.

Hi Santiago.

#14821 Has Any1 Made A Good Homemade Auto Gun?

Posted by Ginjiroku on 21 December 2003 - 04:13 PM in Homemades

you can
1)make a semi auto with a trigger assembly that constantly sets of the semi auto valve when you hold the trigger
2)Electronicly do it somehow
3)spend days thinking of a full-auto valve.

#32675 Too Much Time Isn't Always Bad

Posted by Ginjiroku on 30 July 2004 - 02:52 PM in Off Topic

Kick ass fort!

#14776 Homemade Barrel

Posted by Ginjiroku on 20 December 2003 - 08:19 PM in Homemades

yea, it's way to long. once the dart or whatever gets far enough down the barrel the pressure behind it gets too low and the barrel just slows it down if it does anything.

#14786 Homemade Barrel

Posted by Ginjiroku on 21 December 2003 - 12:06 AM in Homemades

yea porting would help. and a good length also depends on how much psi is behind the dart. i am guessing about 100-125psi so i would say about 6 - 8 maybe 9in of effective(non ported) barrel than 3-5in of porting. and spiral porting may make the dart spin I'm not sure.

#14899 Homemade Barrel

Posted by Ginjiroku on 22 December 2003 - 09:28 PM in Homemades

by porting I mean a tiny bit not half the barrel. and I didn't really mean sprial.

#14625 $3.00 Mod: Gets 60 Ft!

Posted by Ginjiroku on 18 December 2003 - 07:39 PM in Modifications

hahaha your name sux. anyway I wouldn't consider you a noob and you just use the, {img]image url[/img] (the first isn't a squiggly one it wont let me do the real tag cuz image url isn't an image url) it is just like html only crappy. :)

:o :blink: :blink: :D

#34194 Flash Mx

Posted by Ginjiroku on 17 August 2004 - 01:06 PM in Off Topic

I love flash MX Pro 2004. It's great and I love using it. It's great for making website navbars.

#14784 Succesfull Homeades

Posted by Ginjiroku on 20 December 2003 - 11:41 PM in Homemades

i found one http://www.villageph...selected=654122

#14627 Homemade Breech

Posted by Ginjiroku on 18 December 2003 - 07:44 PM in Homemades

Forget this post

#14574 Homemade Breech

Posted by Ginjiroku on 18 December 2003 - 12:35 AM in Homemades

I am going to start building my first homemade this weekend. It is a modified version of the double ball valve on the site. And I am going to use the breech and where does the 1/2in coupler go It doesn't show it in the 3d diagram and the discription doesn't of where is goes doesn't make sience to me(Don't ask why). So could anyone that has made the breech show me a diagram of where this piece goes? I have an idea where but I am not really sure.

#14637 Homemade Breech

Posted by Ginjiroku on 18 December 2003 - 09:37 PM in Homemades

i made a 5min diagram on paint of what I am talking about it is here
http://www.villageph...selected=675093

and do you even need the coupler? wouldn't it seal once the barrel goes all the way to the back of the larger 1in tube and past the breech hole?

#21805 Nerf Lounge

Posted by Ginjiroku on 20 March 2004 - 03:33 PM in Off Topic

It's ok, I've seen much better things done with geocities but it's still ok.

#14833 Wtf?

Posted by Ginjiroku on 21 December 2003 - 08:08 PM in Off Topic

also the name of the big jpeg is light-at-end-of-tunnel.jpg and it really looks like a tunnel.