KBarker's Content

There have been 122 items by KBarker (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#231227 Help With Kbarker's Nite Finder Rifle

Posted by KBarker on 18 May 2009 - 11:54 PM in Modifications

Thanks for letting me know about this. I have been very absent from Nerf for awhile, and I wasn't aware that Putfile went down, along with all of my pictures (nice of them to send an email :unsure: )

The parts used on the end of the plunger was a female-female coupler of some kind (not sure what size) that was PVC, not CPVC. I noticed that a 1/2" CPVC coupler fit pretty tightly in it. The larger coupler was turned down on a lathe (not something your average modder has). The CPVC coupler was expoxied into the larger one and that was epoxied onto the plunger tube. I added a screw in as well to make sure the glue didn't break from the plunger impact.

I've created a new page on my website that has all of my Nerf pictures, in better quality than Putfile had: http://www.teamveloc...cs.com/Nerf.htm
I'll add more captions later.

PMs generally work for me (I get an email), but if I forget to clear them out the inbox fills up and it won't take any more.

#198143 My Real Hobby...

Posted by KBarker on 22 December 2008 - 07:52 PM in Off Topic

New video:

Team Velocity Montage

#167514 Gears Of War Lancer Replica On Amazon

Posted by KBarker on 08 August 2008 - 10:46 PM in Off Topic

What a let down.

Looks like I might be building another one to sell around Christmas.

You could also gut the inside and integrate something into it. :)

#167512 Your Desktop

Posted by KBarker on 08 August 2008 - 10:43 PM in Off Topic

Posted Image

Dual 22" monitors FTW!

#166677 My Real Hobby...

Posted by KBarker on 04 August 2008 - 11:23 PM in Off Topic

Sorry, no. Nitrocellulose is against the rules to use as flamethrower fuel (must be propane or butane) and bots are primarily made of aluminum and titanium, which is nonmagnetic.

#166104 My Real Hobby...

Posted by KBarker on 03 August 2008 - 01:18 AM in Off Topic

Biohazard was an awesome robot, as was Hazard. However, the old Battlebots machines can't beat today's machines, the technology has progressed too much in 5 years. Biohazard came back in 2005, and this is what happened:

Biohazard vs. Megabyte

Lynx, a good overall design is one thing, the successful execution of it is something else entirely.

#166091 My Real Hobby...

Posted by KBarker on 02 August 2008 - 11:21 PM in Off Topic

Look at one of my robot's pages and click on "Components". It shows exactly what I have in each bot. Drill motors are an excellent option with some modification, I use them in several bots. The batteries however are generally not up to the task.

#166081 My Real Hobby...

Posted by KBarker on 02 August 2008 - 10:27 PM in Off Topic

Another year, another RoboGames. I've got a new website now that I've been putting quite a bit of effort into:

www.TeamVelocityRobotics.com

I took my 60 pounder "K2" and my 120 pounder "Terminal Velocity" to this event. K2 went 6-0 and got 1st place! Terminal Velocity went 2-2 with some drive system problems, but worked well in a couple fights. If you're impatient, here are the highlights of my bots in 4 minutes flat:

Team Velocity RoboGames 2008 Montage (YouTube)

#164676 The Vulcan: Internals And Mods! New Mods Pg.9!

Posted by KBarker on 26 July 2008 - 06:40 PM in Modifications

I would really like to see a firing video with two chains hooked together.

#163793 The Vulcan: Unboxed

Posted by KBarker on 22 July 2008 - 10:28 PM in Modifications

I had asked earlier what the RoF is like and never got an answer. The videos I've seen never shot it very much and the batteries were dead. Is it fast like the RF20 or is kind of like the semi auto version of the RF20. Or slower?

It says on the outside of the box 3 shots a second.

Oh my god, that's fast! does it really shoot that fast or is it their usual overestimation?

More like 2 per second.

I measured ranges and I have stock ranges

stock: 30 feet.
minor modded: 50-60 feet.

I cant wait to take out the the primary AR Inside the gun. This could end up being a full auto NF.
Also the gun really does take 6 d batteries it weighs quite a bit. *sarcasm* can someone airmail me a screwdriver?*sarcasm*

No matter where you are, the nearest hardware store will have your small screwdriver for around $5 or less.

#157644 Looking For A Good Free Video Editing Software

Posted by KBarker on 01 June 2008 - 03:41 AM in Off Topic

Download the free trial of Sony Vegas. It's a kick ass program and the trial is full-function for 30 days (last time I checked)

Captain - In general more advanced programs are more difficult to use, since they have so much more functionality. If you only are doing simple stuff the cheaper programs are quicker to learn to do what you want. I would definitely consider Vegas to be an advanced program.

#157641 Nerf Spotted In A Cool Halo Video.

Posted by KBarker on 01 June 2008 - 03:25 AM in General Nerf

http://www.collegehu.../video:1817553/

Enjoy.

I spotted that Longshot too!

#142418 The Vulcan

Posted by KBarker on 24 February 2008 - 07:18 PM in General Nerf

I don't think it would be that hard to convert it to run off of rechargeable batteries kind of like an RC car

Thats going to be one of the first things Il be diong to this when it comes into my hands.

Yeah, I kinda laugh at all the people who complain about the 6 D batteries. I doubt I'll even buy the stock batteries, since I'll have it running on lithium polymer batteries in about 5 minutes.

#142414 Iron Man Magstrike In Stores

Posted by KBarker on 24 February 2008 - 07:07 PM in General Nerf

Look closely at the top of the Magstrike, you can just see the top of the second clip inside the gun.

#141672 The Snap-duo

Posted by KBarker on 21 February 2008 - 01:24 AM in Homemades

The shield looks absolutely awesome. My only suggestion is to paint the PVC black to match, that basic white isn't doing it for me. Great work!

#140755 How To Make Stefans From Suction Darts

Posted by KBarker on 17 February 2008 - 08:01 AM in Modifications

Those will work fine for a NF, but more powerful modded guns need more weight on the front to keep the darts from fishtailing.

#139703 Btg And Rf100

Posted by KBarker on 12 February 2008 - 12:31 AM in Modifications

Sorry to pile on, but come on, accuracy of .0002"? That's 2/10,000 of an inch! The aerospace company I work at makes precision ground tooling and can hold an accuracy of +/- .0002 on their very tightest tolerance parts. Keep in mind this is on machines that probably cost a quarter mil. Not to mention, digital calipers only measure down to .0005. As others have said, adding a swappable turret to an RF20 does not make it an RF100. It looks like you added a zero or two to every number in your post.

Nice gun BTW.

#138340 +bow: Diy Thread

Posted by KBarker on 03 February 2008 - 03:36 AM in Homemades

I use paper templates a lot for all sorts of parts, and I attach them with thin double-stick tape. You don't have to get it on there real good, just enough so that it doesn't shift around while you're cutting and drilling. CS, could you try uploading your CAD files to www.3dcontentcentral.com? It converts the files into whatever format you want when someone downloads it.

#137919 +bow

Posted by KBarker on 31 January 2008 - 02:46 AM in Homemades

I've noticed you're considering buying a very expensive machine to mass produce these. I would recommend looking in the yellow pages for a waterjet job shop. If you're really going for mass production, buy 4x8 sheets of plastic and have them cut out all your parts in one go. It'll probably be much cheaper than buying your own machine. Make sure you shop around for quotes, however, prices vary wildly.

#137914 My Answer To The Great Homemade Manta Debate

Posted by KBarker on 31 January 2008 - 01:08 AM in Homemades

That is freaking crazy awesome!

#124087 Halo 3

Posted by KBarker on 24 September 2007 - 10:49 PM in Off Topic

No 1080p for me, but I've got a 23" Samsung that does 720p. Can't wait!

#123079 Nitefinder Petg Mod Question

Posted by KBarker on 15 September 2007 - 01:43 PM in Modifications

A regular spring replacement doesn't require any reinforcement, as long as you avoid dry-firing it a bunch.

#122964 Restricting Airflow Into Barrel

Posted by KBarker on 14 September 2007 - 01:05 PM in Modifications

Couldn't this question be posted on your RF20 thread?
Maybe it's just me, but starting a new thread for each individual question seems kind of unnecessary.

Totally. This guy has around 5 threads all with various RF20 questions.

#122942 How Many Pumps

Posted by KBarker on 13 September 2007 - 11:47 PM in General Nerf

This is probably because most people don't plug RF20s, since there isn't much point. There's no reason to need to fire more darts, since you are limited by the 20-round drum. The only slight benefit might be a slightly better range in the first few shots, but it's not worth the extra pumping time IMHO.

#122778 Abp5k

Posted by KBarker on 12 September 2007 - 03:12 AM in Homemades

Shit, sorry.

#122777 Abp5k

Posted by KBarker on 12 September 2007 - 03:11 AM in Homemades

If you're lazy and have a lot of extra cash, you could have all those parts waterjet cut out.

#122693 Barrel Tightness

Posted by KBarker on 11 September 2007 - 04:42 PM in General Nerf

This is in theory a good idea. The whole point is to help people choose a barrel size that matches the "tightness" of the original mod, even though it might be a different size due to varying FBR. However, it's unlikely to be effective since no one will take the time to measure it. I had the same idea with ranges, we really should measure muzzle velocity instead, but it's too much effort for most people.

#122692 Using Two "cylinders" To Fire More Darts For Rapid Fire 20

Posted by KBarker on 11 September 2007 - 04:35 PM in Modifications

I respect your thought process on this and it may well be possible for you to build, but you can get the same net result by combining two conventional RF20s like FA_24 did. Or you could do what I do and just dual-wield the weapons. You can still lay down 40 rounds in ~3 seconds.

#122655 Modifying A Longshot?

Posted by KBarker on 11 September 2007 - 01:55 AM in Modifications

Are there any non-obvious spots to dremel down, or did you just lengthen the track the charging rod travels on?
If there are other spots, could you possibly point them out? My charging rod bent, and straightening didn't work too well.

IIRC correctly there were 3 spots total, the slot where the rod goes through and a couple inside. I can't remember exactly where they were, it took some experimenting to figure it out. I believe they were on the right side of the gun. That rod is really easy to replace, it should be easy to find something at a hardware store that'll work.

#122424 The Cole Breach

Posted by KBarker on 08 September 2007 - 02:13 PM in Homemades

So you necro it? Not yet. I will when I finish getting my sponsorship from K&S though.

Sponsorship from K&S? That is hilarious! Just go to a hobby store and spend $10 or so, and you're done.

#122423 Rc Aircrafts

Posted by KBarker on 08 September 2007 - 02:11 PM in Off Topic

Thats because the wing used to be a not completed zagi 400 :P

Nice. Those planes are sweet because you can crash it repeatedly and not damage it. I rammed mine straight into the ground on full throttle several times.

#122398 Rc Aircrafts

Posted by KBarker on 07 September 2007 - 11:39 PM in Off Topic

I used to have a Zagi 400, it looked just like the wing in your second picture.

#122387 Longshot Paintjobs

Posted by KBarker on 07 September 2007 - 10:27 PM in Modifications

I just put some grease on my foregrip slide, and it made it about 5 times easier to cock. I recommend it to anyone with a shotgun foregrip, especially if you painted it.

#122363 Nerf War In Wa

Posted by KBarker on 07 September 2007 - 07:31 PM in Nerf Wars

I meant just something temporary that won't hurt the paint, like maybe the stuff without adhesive that I could just tie on.

#122352 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by KBarker on 07 September 2007 - 06:08 PM in Modifications

Some of my newer mods:

LBB with dual SMDTG integration, mod here:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Longshot with an Angel breech, CaptainSlug foregrip, and AR removal/added spring.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#122349 Longshot Paintjobs

Posted by KBarker on 07 September 2007 - 05:50 PM in Modifications

Paintjob took longer than I expected, but it's finally done. Angel breech with CS shotgun foregrip and industrial spring added. I'll get some foam on the foregrip soon, it's a pain to cock now.

Overview:
Posted Image

Breech Open:
Posted Image

Front:
Posted Image

#122334 Nerf War In Wa

Posted by KBarker on 07 September 2007 - 04:25 PM in Nerf Wars

OK. If I go I'll add some bright orange tape to my guns.

#122295 Nerf War In Wa

Posted by KBarker on 07 September 2007 - 02:52 AM in Nerf Wars

I might be interested in going, depending on what I'm doing on the date you pick. I'm busy the next two weekends, Sept. 15-16 and 22-23. If I end up going, I'll probably bring my whole arsenal and just switch up which guns I use throughout the day. One question, how private is your yard? I'm worried about my painted guns, some look pretty realistic.

#122276 Longshot Paintjobs

Posted by KBarker on 06 September 2007 - 09:42 PM in Modifications

Pretty sweet shadow. Are my eyes playing tricks on me or is the Nerf logo in the second pic backwards? I'm painting my LS now, I should have it up tonight.

#122236 Modifying A Longshot?

Posted by KBarker on 06 September 2007 - 02:48 PM in Modifications

Another possibility is that the bolt isn't quite going back far enough to fully catch, due to different springs or moving the bolt nub. I found you can fudge that and make the bolt travel a bit farther by dremelling a few spots down on the case.