Spoon's Content

There have been 516 items by Spoon (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#279783 'geddon 'leven Date Set July 10, 2010

Posted by Spoon on 08 July 2010 - 09:15 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh shit.

I had completely forgotten that it was summer, and that summer means Armageddon, and that I LIKE going to Armageddon.

I just looked it up and it's this Saturday and I can't come. This fucking sucks as I was looking forward to it.

Do you see what happens when you become an adult? DO YOU SEE HOW LIFE BECOMES PAIN?

#6017 Age Of Nerfers

Posted by Spoon on 25 June 2003 - 03:19 PM in General Nerf

I'm 12.

Oh. Uh oh.....

You know those "games" we played last summer? You know, like doctor? Yea, don't tell anybody about that. It's our secret.

#6076 Age Of Nerfers

Posted by Spoon on 26 June 2003 - 09:05 PM in General Nerf

Saddle? Wow that brings back memories. Let me get my riding crop....

#7203 Age Of Nerfers

Posted by Spoon on 19 July 2003 - 06:53 PM in General Nerf

Ditto here. There is no shame.

#5904 Age Of Nerfers

Posted by Spoon on 22 June 2003 - 02:53 AM in General Nerf

Those of us 21 and up should get some kind of badge of honor for still being so into nerf at such a (comparitively) old age.

#5917 Age Of Nerfers

Posted by Spoon on 22 June 2003 - 06:34 PM in General Nerf

It's not that odd, I started nerfing when I was 10. I still think more young kids nerf than adults.

#8127 Aiming A Nerf Gun

Posted by Spoon on 12 August 2003 - 06:14 PM in General Nerf

Man back when I used my Crossbow I was a freaking incredible shot. I had this whole sighting system down, I could just hit anything. I was surgical. Then I used a Powerclip, where there IS no aiming. Now I use a AT3K and while I love the gun, I just can NOT seem to get a feel for it's aiming. The gun shoots great, but I'm just a crappy shot with it. It's REALLY annoying missing shots at 20 feet. Not quite sure what I'm going to do about that yet.

#4421 Air Tech 4k

Posted by Spoon on 09 May 2003 - 11:43 PM in Modifications

Integrations are pretty useless IMO (which is ironic, seeing as how I was the first one to do an integration). The AT4K is definately a lot more uncomfortable to pump, although it's handle and trigger are better. Also, PETGing 12 barrels would just be a huge pain in the ass. Still, I'm going to try to do it for Armageddon, even if I don't personally use the gun.

#599 Airtech Modification Round Table Discussion

Posted by Spoon on 14 January 2003 - 06:31 PM in Modifications

Well I just ordered me a AT3k and AT4k, I'll let you know what I think when the guns arrive, I have to say I'm rather excited about brassing the 3K, if what you say about it not interfering with the barrel rotation is true.

#555 Airtech Modification Round Table Discussion

Posted by Spoon on 13 January 2003 - 04:12 PM in Modifications

OMG, look at the size of the 4k's pressure tank! That's ridiculous. It also looks insanely complicated, but I'm pleased that the air tank and barrel rotation mechanism is all fused into one piece, it looks pretty sturdy. The 3k looks interesting too. Does the 3k need manual barrel rotation, or does it do it automatically?

#76689 April Yano Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 17 March 2006 - 10:22 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there. For realZ this time.

#80076 April Yano Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 16 April 2006 - 12:40 AM in Nerf Wars

It wouldn't have been so awkward if you'd just said "yes".

#78018 April Yano Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 29 March 2006 - 07:19 AM in Nerf Wars

OMFG Ray.....I'm glad you're not dead!

Bring your walker to Armageddon so we can all laugh at you.

If the road to recovery gets rough....take heart in the knowledge that you are now, officially, a cyborg. A fact which inspires jealousy from many in the general public.

#22434 April YANO Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 26 March 2004 - 01:25 AM in Nerf Wars

Oy, this could be difficult guys....

I am out of the country the first and second weekends in April. I MAY have some time to scout next week but I leave next Friday so I don't know, I'm awfully busy these days.

I'll ask Matt, Jason, Hubbard and Jordan.

#24365 April YANO Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 16 April 2004 - 12:05 AM in Nerf Wars

Ray: I am now bringing Matt Kashuba, Jason, and two newcomers, Matt Reynolds and Ivan (my roommate). Both are really cool. So now there's 5 with my group. Chapman Power will pw33n you! Ph33r!

#24367 April YANO Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 16 April 2004 - 12:34 AM in Nerf Wars

Yea we'll need darts. I can bring probably 80-100 total and I can take care of guns for my whole crew.

Matt Reynolds is new and goes by Mateo. Kashuba is the hippie looking bandana guy and Jason was the Manta Ray/AT2K guy with the water backpack.

Prepare to be p1mpslapped.

#24045 April YANO Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 12 April 2004 - 12:48 AM in Nerf Wars

Yea I've got flagging tape and all that crap, no worries.

As for June, yea I agree it would be better to wait. Steph gets back (I believe) like June 16, so if we could do it in late June that would be best since I'll be losing Matt and Jason since they'll be home for the summer.

#23993 April YANO Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 11 April 2004 - 02:59 PM in Nerf Wars

Sorry guys I just got back from a week in London visiting Steph, and I have the flu. I'll try to be around more from now on seeing as how we're actually PLANNING stuff now!

5/15 is fine for me, and so far 5/8 and 5/22 would be ok also but those weekends may fill up as we get closer to them. I'm cool driving down to Oceanside, I'll ask my people here if they could do a 5/15 war. My guess is that I'd be bringing 2 others.

As for your war this Sunday the 18th Ray, Matt Kashuba said he'd come and I think I can make it. However I wouldn't be able to stay all day, I'd probably have to leave around 3 or 4pm as I'm going to have a shitload of work to do that day. I'll ask if Jason and Jordan (and anybody else) would be able to make it, but don't get your hopes up.

I've got plenty of extra guns but I have almost NO ammo, like 50 darts. I've got supplies to make maybe another 50 darts or so, but if your ammo works in our brass and PETG guns we may need to gank some off of you. Hmm, though I guess with 6 or so people that would be plenty.

So in short, May is open right now but that may change. I can reserve 5/15 for the war though if that's the date it'll happen. As of now I'm 75% sure about next Sunday (18th) with Kashuba at Ray's house.

#22579 April YANO Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 27 March 2004 - 08:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Sunday the 18th is cool for me, I'll check with the rest of my crew.

Castle park is right next to a community center and if there are any other kids on the park at all (sometimes even if there isn't) we get kicked out. That happened a lot at the early LANOs.

#1531 April Yano Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 18 February 2003 - 03:58 PM in Nerf Wars

Fucking sweet! Thats the Saturday beginning my spring break! I'm so there dude.

#1833 April Yano Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 27 February 2003 - 04:57 AM in Nerf Wars

>goes to beat the war drums....can't find them and gives up<

#2441 April Yano Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 20 March 2003 - 12:01 PM in Nerf Wars

alright, the gauntlet has been thrown, and i accept.  prepare your 30 stefans spoon.  my team is whoever i bring, and the difference will be made up with other people at the war, probably including CXWQ and Steve (if he's feeling badass).

I'm going to have you eating out of my hand, insect!

#74612 April Yano Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 28 February 2006 - 06:18 AM in Nerf Wars

Works for me at the moment.

#3227 April Yano Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 10 April 2003 - 01:08 AM in Nerf Wars

Hal: DUDE! Glad to hear you'll be able to make it!

Mason: Seriously man, don't worry about it. We all want to have fun too. Cxwq makes a good point though, none of us "hate" anybody just because they're younger, and none of us make fun of other nerfers. However some of us DO trash talk quite a bit. I, for instance, am notorious for yelling "FUCK!" or "Son of a BITCH!" after getting shot. It doesn't mean I hate you, or that I'm mad at you at all, it just means I can't control what I'm saying during moments of extreme activity. :alien: Don't worry about it, it'll be awesome. People keep coming back for a reason, and it's NOT because of me, I assure you....

#3053 April Yano Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 06 April 2003 - 11:51 PM in Nerf Wars

Including me, I'll be bringing 6 people. Me, Jordan, Hubbard, Steph, Matt, and Jason (his first war). Should be rockin dude.

#2961 April Yano Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 04 April 2003 - 05:16 AM in Nerf Wars

Jesus Christ, for the first half of your post you had me hyperventilating, thinking you had gotten shards of glass in your eye or some shit like that.

Sorry to hear of your misfortune. I've experienced a similar loss in my life...

#2397 April Yano Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 19 March 2003 - 05:58 PM in Nerf Wars

Pweened! Hubbard has just re-established contact with me and he will definately be joining Jordan, Matt, Jason, Steph and myself at the war! Dude with my team, that flag is staying SECURELY at our base this time.

I'll wager that my 6-person team this war would kick the ass of any other 6 person team you guys can come up with. I'll give 5 of my (über) micro Stefans to each member of any 6 person team that can kick our ass in a standard 5 hit war. Takers? >ring< Oh I'm sorry, school is now in session b10tches. Come get some!

#2165 April Yano Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 12 March 2003 - 01:17 PM in Nerf Wars

I think barricades would help, especially on the grassy knoll and near the flag planter like Ray said. I don't see why you are complaining about the Alamo Josh, I mean with as open as that area is, losers dominated the games. We didn't even play in there last time though.

BTW here is my count: Me, Jordan, Steph, Matt, my other friend Jason (couldn't make it last time), and probably Steph's friend Bran. So definately 5, possibly 6.

#3308 April Yano Planning Thread

Posted by Spoon on 11 April 2003 - 03:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Hey Kevin how many darts are you bringing? I think I've got around 50 (maybe more) left from last time so I'm going to try to bring at least 50 or 60 more, although I'm going to shoot for making 100 darts tonight. I havn't had a chance to make any yet. I also have to do a bunch of modding tonight, crap. Gonna be another pre-nerf war all-nighter....

Do you get free PETG if your woman has already attended one war? >grin<

Dude my 6 man team is going to be packing SO much fucking heat, it's not even funny....I think we'll have 4 PETG AT3K's between us. You guys are gonna get pweened. CHAPMAN POWER!

Update: I have just officially decreed that my team shall now be called the "Spoon's Super-Best-Friends Squad". We'll say it with a sneer too.

#3394 April YANO Wrapup

Posted by Spoon on 13 April 2003 - 04:55 PM in Nerf Wars

i think when Jason shot Spoon right in his cheek, i have never seen spoon madder. Lol he threw his gun down and started screaming at Jason.

For the record, that shot hit me from 5 feet away in the upper lip. Where it's all scar tissue. It's ok though, I extracted what I like to call "war reparations" from him later that evening. Now we're BOTH sore....heh heh heh.

I think the second CTF war approached a level of chaos not seen since last year's 42 person Armageddon war.

The matrix moves were simply unprecedented this war, thanks mostly to Ray, Toj and Steve. Much fun to watch.

Julie: I could go mud instead, I'm flexible. ;)

#3535 April YANO Wrapup

Posted by Spoon on 16 April 2003 - 03:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Cxwq: I seriously want to add captions to some of these pics....

#3401 April YANO Wrapup

Posted by Spoon on 13 April 2003 - 05:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Cxwq said why not just nerf naked, but I think that's a bit extreme.

I think that would qualify as some kind of weird S&M fetish or something....Though I bet we'd then see a dramatic reduction in the number of rugrats attending the wars.

Steph: You're right, I forgot about Jordan and I's showdown when I was writing my award list, crap. Jordan and I were squaring off against each other all alone during a war, both with AT3K's. He says "wait" and starts to stretch, then very suddenly whips his gun up and shoots me right in the chest from about 50 feet away.

I think another of my favorite moments was during the second CTF game when we loaded up on the Powerclips for base (read: hill) defense. Jason and I would mow down base rushers 2 and 3 at a time with our PC's from atop the hill, it was like using a flame thrower in an Alien movie.

#3363 April YANO Wrapup

Posted by Spoon on 13 April 2003 - 02:08 AM in Nerf Wars

if you are wondering about the hack saw it is spoons. im so sorry. fuck there i go again fucking things up spoon im sorry

You son of a bitch! Lol, seriously don't worry about it. As soon as I read Kevin's post I realized it was mine. Besides, I need to meet Kevin sometime before the next war anyway, I'm almost out of backer rod. We live 30 mins from each other.

Ray: Dude you're just jealous of my buttbands because they make my ass look trim and taut. You WISH you could be so bling bling.

This was a great war, I agree. Lots of powerful guns this war. And now without further adieu, the "Spoon Awards":

Most Likely To Nurse Puppies Himself: Toj.

Most Ridiculous Accessory: Jason and his gatorade filled backpack.

Coolest Team Shirt: Hubbard, for his wonderful "Spoon's Super Best Friends Squad" shirt.

Best Nerf Team Ever: Spoon's Super Best Friends Squad. We've never been beaten, 'cause we've never played.

Most Valuable Gun: You just can't deny it, Ray's Crossbow kicks ass.

Most Valuable Accessory: A ramrod. Don't count in without it.

Most Absent Minded: TIE: Jon, for forgetting my hacksaw, and his toolbox, and for consistently leaving something behind the last THREE wars. Steph: For locking my keys in the trunk at the end of the war.

Most Willing to Surrender: Mason, proving that he is probably the only realistic and sane one among us.

Most Willing to Make An Ass of Himself: Toj will simply never lose this catagory.

Best Name: Ted. Runner up: Captain Suave.

Most In Need of a Good Hard Spanking: The Monkey.

Best Sport: Tie between Cam and Mason's blonde friend, for putting up with being referred to as "Old Guy" and "Hobbit" respectively throughout the duration of the war.

Worst Modder Ever: Toj. He's just rackin 'em in tonight.

Least Concerned With Causing Bodily Harm Unto Others: Jason, for his knack of shooting people with a PETG AT2K point blank.

Most Desired Jello Wrestling Match: Steph vs. Julie

Most Realistic Jello Wrestling Match: Jon vs. Toj

Least Punctual: Hal, for being about as late as you can get without missing the whole damn thing entirely.

Most Flakey: Croissants.

Most Fashionable Target: Toj's nuts.

Most Consistently Pisses Spoon Off: Mark.

Most Consistently Pleases Spoon: Steph. Followed closely by Kevin and Ray. Not that that should mean anything.....

Most Consistently Makes Spoon Want to Back Away Slowly: Jon.

Most Usefull: A screwdriver.

Most Useless: Toj.

Longest Reloader: Jon.

Longest "Ramrod": Matt.

Most Desiring of a "Ramrod": Jon. He wants one bad. He told me so, didn't you Jon? <_<

Most Desperately Needs a New Gun: Steve.

Most Desperately Needs to Stop Chafing: Spoon.

Bah, thats all I can think of now....more later perhaps. Sleep.

#1019 Are You An Old Nerfer?

Posted by Spoon on 29 January 2003 - 09:27 PM in General Nerf

Dude, those can almost all be attributed to NO or at least an NO era occurance, and that is not the sign of an old nerfer. I mean, that reaches back a whoping 4 years. Now if you had said "You've done the "destructer variant" and the ss2 STILL doesn't fire 70 ft." Well then I'd have to say you were one grizzled son of a bitch.

VACC

OMG hearing "Destructor Variant" again brings back so many memories.....I don't think ANYBODY's SS2 fired 70 feet back then, or even now for that matter.....

I remember when I'd root through every box (yes, box) of megas at TRU trying to find "Magnums" for my SS2. I recall when I first fired a Ultimator I thought the world was ending or something.

#2305 Are You An Old Nerfer?

Posted by Spoon on 18 March 2003 - 01:25 AM in General Nerf

Bitch you've never beaten me at anything, and this is my specialty, though you mother would probably argue that my stamina holds that title.

VACC

I wouldn't doubt it, I mean even [B]I[B] couldn't believe it when Vacc told me how many times a day he masturbates....I'm sure Goo's mom was impressed too.

#6392 Armageddon

Posted by Spoon on 01 July 2003 - 10:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Yea Jon you should have been there. It just wasn't the same NOT having to deal with shit that you forgot to take home.

#6564 Armageddon

Posted by Spoon on 04 July 2003 - 05:41 PM in Nerf Wars

If you think my hair kicks ass now, just wait until it's black and blue, and longer.

#6629 Armageddon

Posted by Spoon on 06 July 2003 - 09:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Hah, no not exactly. I plan to dye it glossy black, and then put midnight blue over that so that it highlights dark blue in the sun, but looks black normally. Easier to maintain and I don't have to bleach my hair.

It'll kick ass.

#6639 Armageddon

Posted by Spoon on 07 July 2003 - 03:05 AM in Nerf Wars

Yea if I can get the blue to show up I don't expect it to last long. I've never dyed or bleached my hair though, so that should help. My friend Ann changes her hair color every month (magenta at the moment), so we'll just try stuff out.

#6652 Armageddon

Posted by Spoon on 07 July 2003 - 04:29 PM in Nerf Wars

I don't care what you call it, I'm not letting you suck my blood Vacc.