Shadowblade's Content

There have been 378 items by Shadowblade (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#203857 Your Nerf Gun Ranges

Posted by Shadowblade on 16 January 2009 - 05:12 PM in General Nerf

Okay, arguing over the internet is pointless...

#203861 Your Nerf Gun Ranges

Posted by Shadowblade on 16 January 2009 - 05:14 PM in General Nerf

Everyone, please step away from your computer for 5 minutes and chill. Let this thread die now.

Admins have been notified.

#218477 Woodland Warfare

Posted by Shadowblade on 17 March 2009 - 04:04 PM in Nerf Wars

First thing first before a flame war starts. Please kindly read our Code of Conduct and fix your posting. The rest of the community would greatly appreciate it! :D Thanks in advance.

On topic: Where is Ellijay, GA? Georgia will be having two decent-sized wars in the next few months. Spring SENO is happening March 29 in Augusta. The SE Tune-Up War is happening April 11 in Savannah. You are always welcome to attend either/both of these wars. Drop us a post in the proper thread if you are interested.

If you intend on hosting a war soon, please get a planning thread up ASAP. We're lazy southerners, so the sooner we get notice of a war, the better our odds of attending. Details are always good.

#189131 Wisconin/milwaukee

Posted by Shadowblade on 11 November 2008 - 08:12 PM in Nerf Wars

I would be interested - any excuse to go to on a road trip.

Now... lets see if this actually pans out.

You guys do realize that this thread is from May right? Kroll (who apparently never came back) isn't hosting a war...and if Carbon is gonna do one, he'll probably have a separate thread.

Please let this thread die.

#261603 Winter Seno: The Squeakquel

Posted by Shadowblade on 12 January 2010 - 05:59 PM in Nerf Wars

LoS: sound off.

Damn, called us out haha. I'm a no-go for the 13th. I have a much better chance for the latter two dates.

I'll get with the others and see what up because I definitely want at least one of us to be there.

#263626 Winter Seno: The Squeakquel

Posted by Shadowblade on 28 January 2010 - 11:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, academia has decided to be a bitch for the 27th. I have competition that day and will be out of town. The rest of LoS should be around though...I'll see to it that we are represented at this war.

#260961 Winter Seno '09

Posted by Shadowblade on 06 January 2010 - 05:08 PM in Nerf Wars

Might as well recap too, even though I only played one round haha.

Highlights:
-Actually nerfing after 6 months in hiding. Great feeling!
-Checking out the new hardware. SE Nerf's come a long way.
-Seeing old faces and meeting a few new people.

You know what? Even though I was only there for 30 minutes and only played one round, just being there and seeing people (who would otherwise be total strangers) come together for the sole purpose of trading foam and having fun makes me really warm and fuzzy on the inside. You can bet I'll be back on the field when spring comes around. Until then, nerf on!

#260103 Winter Seno '09

Posted by Shadowblade on 29 December 2009 - 04:30 PM in Nerf Wars

I guess I should break my vow of silence haha. E's right, I won't be around for this SENO unfortunately. Don't write me off though, I'll be back.

However, I am selling two of my primaries to anyone who wants them at the war. If someone buys, I will arrange for the blasters to be delivered at the war. You guys have first pickings before I put up a trading thread.

-LBB: excellent condition, singled, 1/2" cpvc, 12" dogbone 1/2"cpvc nested in 1/2"pvc barrel, red iron sight hotglued to front (asking $15)
-LS: good condition, AR removed, post still in, 5 magazines included (one is a little faulty), all streamline darts I have left also included (asking $20)

If you are interested, please drop me a PM so we don't spam this thread. We can negotiate over PM.

I hope the war goes well! Viva la SENO.

#268693 Wincno

Posted by Shadowblade on 09 March 2010 - 06:03 PM in Nerf Wars

What the heck, put my name on the list. I'm about 80% sure I can make this. I'll keep my fingers crossed.

EDIT: Oh wait, you already had me listed by default! Haha

#170117 Which Longshot?

Posted by Shadowblade on 17 August 2008 - 09:11 PM in Modifications

That green paint job reminds me of Master Chief's armor. I would keep that one (only because I like it :D )

#172441 Which Barrel

Posted by Shadowblade on 25 August 2008 - 09:25 PM in Modifications

Wait, 90ft flat? What kind of spring did you add to your LS? I can't imagine a non-Angel Breech LS getting that much range...and I second .Z4's suggestion.

#217853 When's The Last Time U Were Disappointed?

Posted by Shadowblade on 13 March 2009 - 03:41 PM in Off Topic

As others have said, when I saw this thread.

Oh, and he's really not your friend now is he?

Edit: Sorry, I didn't mean to sound so harsh. I'm just saying that one must choose his friends wisely. Are they friends with you for benefits/advantages? Or are they true friends willing to lay their lives down for you? And how old are you? Relationships are not important if you're young and immature enough to start a thread like this. Get out there, get a life, and nerf! This is NerfHaven after all :D.

#235795 When An External Air Source Becomes Cheap

Posted by Shadowblade on 12 June 2009 - 08:13 AM in General Nerf

Edit: Mainly I'm asking because of how the east cracks down on doomsayers, which I am all for. It would be great if someone who runs wars over there could also comment.

The SouthEast allows doomsayers on the field. Not sure about New England but down here, we're very lenient.

I don't know what the rest of my fellow southerners think, but I believe that if someone has put the time and effort to produce such a weapon as a doomsayer or HPA Magstrike, they should be allowed to use it, granted of course that it does not bring physical harm to other players (singled Titans). In a way, this encourages innovation in both weaponary and playing-style. Someone pops up with a doomsayer so everyone else sets forth to create an uber weapon of their own to fit his/her own playing style. It is no fun when everyone uses blasters that reach over 100' and the rounds become long-range standoffs. Hell, it'd be interesting to see how a HPA Magstrike would do down south, seeing as we have the range issue mastered but ROF is lacking.

Nerf is just like any other sport. It evolves as the players and the technology evolves. Half the fun comes from seeing newer, better weapons fielded and trying to make something even better (and the other half comes from actually nerfing <_< )

~Shadowblade

#150655 What's Your Fav Stock Dart

Posted by Shadowblade on 12 April 2008 - 09:09 AM in General Nerf

If it has to be a stock dart, I'd have to say taggers (although I usually use the converted ones...).

#177192 What Is Your Favorite Nerf Gun?

Posted by Shadowblade on 13 September 2008 - 06:38 PM in Off Topic

What the mess is a Nite Strike? A NF perhaps?

Longshot and recon are fun to use. I don't have a hands down favorite though.

#205227 What Guns Do You Use?

Posted by Shadowblade on 21 January 2009 - 08:20 PM in General Nerf

I use a gun that shoots little foam projectiles...it seems like every week, another one of these threads pops up...

I'll play along. I typically use my converted watergun for sharpshooting purposes. However, now that I have my new SNAPbow and LBB, I use those for general purposes. For my sidearm, I have my trusty NF.

#234443 What Gun Do You Hate The Most?

Posted by Shadowblade on 05 June 2009 - 12:28 PM in General Nerf

You.

/thread

AWWWWWW I hate you too. ;)

That wasn't funny at all. Renegade was hinting that this thread really shouldn't have been created in the first place. The Haven does not like "What Gun Do You Like/Hate The Most" threads at all. For future reference to all newer members, please do not start threads like this one, as they are neither entertaining nor beneficial to the NIC.

End thread.

#165041 What Gender Are You?

Posted by Shadowblade on 28 July 2008 - 09:02 PM in General Nerf

You know, just to be funny, we could just all say we're girls...this is NerfHaven. Who cares what gender everyone is? Badger's right, do something that benefits the community. Have a homemade or mod? Post it so we can see and improve on it. If you have a question about nerf, I'm sure someone here will help you out. The search feature is your go-to-first solution.

I'm not an admin or anything, and I'm not trying to flame you. I'm just watching your back and making sure you don't get banned for a stupid thing like this. I hope you enjoy your stay at the Haven! :)

#182762 What Belongs In A Nerf Workshop?

Posted by Shadowblade on 09 October 2008 - 09:24 PM in General Nerf

Me.

Any idea where we can pick one of those up? :lol:

#190998 Wargames?

Posted by Shadowblade on 20 November 2008 - 08:42 PM in Modifications

Sorry guys my stupid brother got onto my PC while i wasnt looking please dont ban me.

Hm, seeing as none of us can tell if that is lie or not, I will give you the benefit of the doubt. I suggest you go back, fix those prior posts/threads, and apologize to the admins quickly (although I'm not sure if they'll be merciful or not).

#190937 Wargames?

Posted by Shadowblade on 20 November 2008 - 04:55 PM in Modifications

Jesus...okay. First things first. sidamazon, did you even bother reading The Code of Conduct? Second, nerfchild, you do realize there is a poll function right?

Alright, back on topic: You are on a NERF forum asking about airsoft and paintball. Enough said. This is a pointless post. Everyone has their own opinion and each sport is different. Airsoft/paintball/nerf should not be compared, as each has their own equipment/tactics.

To answer the question:
Cost: Nerf
Fun: all of them, in their own way
Popularity: depends, but I'd say paintball

#207870 Vulcan 50 Dart Belt Ammo Box

Posted by Shadowblade on 30 January 2009 - 12:45 PM in Modifications

Even if you were to apologize right now in front of the whole NIC, I would see to it personally that you get shot down real fast.

By blatantly disregarding the rules we here at NerfHaven diligently uphold as written in the Code of Conduct, you have shown that you are not worthy of being one of our brethren. Please take your attitude and act to NHQ or elsewhere, they are not needed here. I hope you've enjoyed your short stay.

Everyone please stop posting/flaming. This problem will be dealt with shortly.
Admins have been notified.

#186204 Universal Nerf Suppressor: Cosmetic Mod

Posted by Shadowblade on 29 October 2008 - 07:26 AM in Modifications

This has been done numerous times before (last time I saw one, it was on a Maverick with a front grip and stock haha). The only reason why there is no need for a formal write-up is because pretty much anyone can figure out how to paint a tube black and slap it onto a nerf gun.

Another thought, beyond cosmetic purposes, suppresors have very little use in nerf (unless you're using a hi-power air gun, but even then it's rarely used).

It looks good on the recon though...good job.

#174085 Tour Of The Workshop.

Posted by Shadowblade on 01 September 2008 - 08:34 AM in General Nerf

HOLY MOTHEROFGOD THAT'S A LOT OF NERF GUNS...your workshop is so organized and great video, I loved the music. Can't wait for the next FA24 creation. :unsure:

#150762 To Good To Be True Mod?

Posted by Shadowblade on 12 April 2008 - 08:33 PM in Modifications

Who the heck wants to mod a nerf gun and doesn't have a clue about an AR??? Okay, for one thing, this site has a nice little function called SEARCH. Try that first, I know there's a whole section for mods. And if that doesn't help, then you can try posting for help...toilet paper and elmers glue...that's gotta be the stupidest thing I've ever heard...

and I agree with RavenX, a NF (that's a Nite Finder) would be a nice gun to start modding.

#143483 Titan With A Twist

Posted by Shadowblade on 02 March 2008 - 05:01 PM in Modifications

Very nice. I like the integration idea and the use of the plunger tube for the breech. I'm assuming based on your opinion that the breech is sealed very tightly. Distances? I want to try something like this on my converted watergun barrel.

Again, a very good idea.

#170274 Titan Rifle Rocket

Posted by Shadowblade on 18 August 2008 - 11:58 AM in Modifications

I can see these being used for scenario-type matches. You know, like nerf tanks or forts, and these would serve as "anti-material" rounds. Good work.

How hard do you think these things hit? Can it go through cardboard? Just wondering, because I want to know if we can allow these at wars.

Edit: these look kinda like those grenades for the M203...
Edit 2: ignore those questions, i didn't see your post about it

#195232 Thoughts On Homemade Safety

Posted by Shadowblade on 10 December 2008 - 05:19 PM in Homemades

Don't know if this is worth anything, but I am allowing rork to field-test his PixieBlast 9000, a homemade airgun, at Fall SENO. However, I agree with CS on this issue.

#214406 This Was A Triumph.

Posted by Shadowblade on 23 February 2009 - 08:53 AM in Nerf Wars

We've been doing this for about five weeks, and have already inspired a 2nd group (lead by Zaxbys) to follow in out path.

Some how, I completely missed this thread during my check. ZAXBYS? As in our Augusta Zaxbys??? SWEET!!! This'll be Effeminate...

Zax, if you read this, we need to talk. :D Is this the summer SENO idea you had in mind???? You sneaky little bastard you.

#228583 The Xbow And Lnl Debate

Posted by Shadowblade on 06 May 2009 - 04:35 PM in General Nerf

I have not handled a LnL so I have no right to comment on that, but I've held a modded xbow before.

It is a VERY nice blaster, BUT it is definitely not for everyone. Some people (like Groove and Zaxbys) wield the weapon beautifully, but I think I'll stick to my SNAPbow. Everyone's style is different, therefore their choice of weapon will be different.

A little off topic: I am in the process making the SNAPbow a little more ergonomic and customizable. Look for a write-up within the next month :D .

#164295 The Vulcan: Internals And Mods! New Mods Pg.9!

Posted by Shadowblade on 24 July 2008 - 09:57 PM in Modifications

Alright! I should get one or two for my clan if we ever get the money. Good job man and good luck to all the modders. I'm looking foward to seeing the mods for this gun!

#165090 The Snapbow, Updated

Posted by Shadowblade on 29 July 2008 - 07:49 AM in Homemades

As unclean as it looks, I kinda like that concept. I'll have to try my own variation when I find time. Perhaps you could do a second, cleaner model of this (a sturdier looking stock maybe? and a clean paintjob would be cool).

Good job, this shall serve as my inspiration for my own homemade.

#209516 The Snapbow Mk. 4

Posted by Shadowblade on 04 February 2009 - 05:31 PM in Homemades

*drools*

Can't wait to see this revision at SENO!

#185825 The Snap-1 Compact

Posted by Shadowblade on 27 October 2008 - 12:09 PM in Homemades

Woah! A mini SNAPbow! If I had money, I'd get one and slap it on the SNAPbow I'm getting at SENO (but alas, I am now broke from going gun-happy). Looks a little too bulky to be mounted yet, but with a little work, you could.

#222697 The Skank!

Posted by Shadowblade on 09 April 2009 - 06:50 PM in Modifications

I could not help but fall out of my chair laughing. It so...CUTE!

No really, probably not war-practical, but good for ambushes. Assassin-bot? ;)

#218427 The Rorkblast

Posted by Shadowblade on 17 March 2009 - 12:03 PM in Modifications

Everytime a SENO rolls around, rork, you manage to come-up with yet another gun to debut and field-test...

But I'll hand it to you, I look forward to seeing that at SENO along with several other uberguns (Guru :P ). And good idea with the epoxy putty and trigger, don't know why some of us down south hadn't thought of that before.

#168161 The Next Southern War

Posted by Shadowblade on 11 August 2008 - 04:15 PM in Nerf Wars

Okay, if you're interested, my clan is preparing to host a Fall SENO. Exact date is uncertain, but we're gunning for around Labor Day. I'll have to talk to Zaxbys and his group first to see if they're interested. SENO has no age limit, but please be mature enough to take a hit, because, at the last SENO, there were some pretty hi-power guns out on the field (mine included). I still have a 2-week old welt from Zax's BigBlast. We didn't do any trading, but if a deal comes up, we may do so.

I'm going to let the age thing slide for now....that was weird...

#167880 The Next Southern War

Posted by Shadowblade on 10 August 2008 - 05:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Zaxbys and I just finished hosting the SouthEast Nerf Outing (SENO) in Augusta in July, and I know Zax does a war up in Clinton, SC (PCNO I think). There are quite a few of us in the Augusta area that nerf. We may host a fall SENO later this year. Be on the look out for a planning thread...

Where the mess is Leecounty?

EDIT: Oh, next to Albany. Sorry, I didn't see your earlier post.

#168227 The Next Southern War

Posted by Shadowblade on 11 August 2008 - 08:24 PM in Nerf Wars

I've heard from Zax, and we think we should wait til October/November (it is a little early to hold another SENO, when the last one was about 2-3 weeks ago...). Hang tight until we come up with an exact date.

#153928 The Nerf Warrior System (nws)

Posted by Shadowblade on 29 April 2008 - 08:59 PM in Homemades

As much I want to like that idea, I'm going to have to stick to my holsters and my custom/ghetto duct tape tactical vest. That's all I need to carry my weapons/ammo/gear around in, but I guess if you could possibly make the thing fool-proof and sleeker, it wouldn't be a bad idea. I'll give you points for creativity.