FFNerfmodding's Content

There have been 11 items by FFNerfmodding (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#360648 Muzzle loading 17th Century Pistol

Posted by FFNerfmodding on 19 June 2017 - 12:03 AM in Homemades

That is a sweet pistol. Would you mind making a video of it firing? How exactly does the propulsion mech work? I am curious.

#360578 Stryfe motors for IMR's?

Posted by FFNerfmodding on 14 June 2017 - 08:02 PM in Modifications

I personally use the Micro Deans connector b/c of it's small size (and good enough performance), but a WS Deans 2 pin Ultra plug connector is what I'd recommend if you didn't use the Micro connector.

I actually recommend XT60, but I think a micro deans should be okay if you are at 2s. 3s you would definitely want an XT60 on 16 AWG wire

#360647 comparing chronograph results

Posted by FFNerfmodding on 19 June 2017 - 12:01 AM in General Nerf

I think your data looks pretty good in comparison to some other spring data I've seen. I would only really be able to tell you about flywheel data, because that's my specialization. Compliments to the way you layed it out too.

#360534 cheap darts for stryfe?

Posted by FFNerfmodding on 12 June 2017 - 04:26 PM in Darts and Barrels

I know I'm a little late, but I personally use waffle in my modded stryfe. They are very cheap, and the most consistent dart out there... Ekind is the best company I've seen, and they are incredibly helpful with everything you need. I run glow in the dark waffles, and they glow very well with some 'charging'. The head also is easier on the stryfe IMO.

Amazon links-

100 dart

https://www.amazon.c...58ca26411e7e9af

200 dart

https://www.amazon.c...words=ekind 200

#360583 stryfe sticky trigger

Posted by FFNerfmodding on 14 June 2017 - 09:33 PM in Modifications

Open it up and make sure the rev trigger isn't sticking. A stuck rev trigger will bring problems to your main trigger. Where/how does the trigger stick?

#360815 Nerf Rayvenfire hype thread

Posted by FFNerfmodding on 28 June 2017 - 08:28 AM in General Nerf

Eh. I mean.. it's a cool repaint, even though the offside looks atrocious. Works well with both the Elite and Modulus aesthetic. Guess I'll pick one up if they ever go on sale.

Are you kidding? Rayven hype is the best hype! The rayven is a much cooler version of the Stryfe. I mean, it actually gives modders room to work.

#360222 IMRs

Posted by FFNerfmodding on 30 May 2017 - 10:27 PM in Modifications

I would be careful with the Lipo, they are often very high maintenance. Be sure to read a few guides on how to take care of them if you are determined, and remember they are quite expensive to begin using, as the equipment required often begins totalling over $100... You may also want to know whether or not your buyer is willing to supply his own lipo battery, as he would need the expensive charging equipment as well. I recommend just attaching a generic XT60 clip to the main circuit after testing it with IMRs that carry a similar voltage. It's up to you, as it sound like, but I would talk to your buyer.

#360580 just for fun minimization

Posted by FFNerfmodding on 14 June 2017 - 09:12 PM in Modifications

I still think you can minimize it more, but I'm not incredibly sure why you would do this to a front loader.

#360238 Modification level classifications

Posted by FFNerfmodding on 31 May 2017 - 03:35 PM in Modifications

Hello.

I have noticed people will often describe modified items as level 2, 3 ,4 ect. I was curious what the exact parameters were for these 'levels'. It seems to me like this is up to opinion, so I recommend we come together and maybe create a chart (or something) so that noobs can understand this concept. So just to start off, what would you guys consider a level 2 modified flywheel gun?

(Will be a chart right here once I get some community feedback)

#360618 nerf club help

Posted by FFNerfmodding on 17 June 2017 - 09:51 AM in General Nerf

Firstly, if you want to collect some money charge a nominal fee, like $5 per war or maybe like $20 monthly membership. To get more people invite friends to join. Tell them to tell their friends to join too.

In a thread from last month, Shmmee commented about a Wyoming nerf group that registered as a non-profit.

You may wish to look into this.

Just remember if you are under eighteen this is going to HAVE to have your parent's permission, as they will be liable for any debts you incur (Just don't get any loans in the  business, and you should be okay). Operating a registered organization is complicated, and a non-profit is among the most complex. I operate several for-profit venture and those are still a headache to get the logistics functioning. I recommend talking with someone who knows what they are doing before incorporating as any organization. Incorporating may be a huge plus, but just be sure you know the way things work.

#360508 Longshot with a Magnus spring question

Posted by FFNerfmodding on 11 June 2017 - 03:53 PM in Modifications

I'm no springer, but I'm pretty sure cutting down a spring generally diminishes the performance, simply because you have less coils. I may be totally wrong, however.