Orange's Content

There have been 50 items by Orange (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#149184 Shining Force

Posted by Orange on 03 April 2008 - 09:14 PM in Off Topic

Oh yeah, Dragon Force is an awesome game! That's another one I enjoyed so much that I got the import sequel - Dragon Force II - but I ended up selling that as well since all the game text was in Japanese.

The Sega Saturn never really took off in the US, but it really did have a great collection of games. The Shining games, Dragon Force, Saturn Bomberman, X-Men: Children of the atom, Panzer Dragoon, Wipeout, Marvel Super Heroes, Burning Rangers, Virtual On, Virtua Cop, Sonic Jam, Guardian Heroes, Nightwarriors, Mr. Bones, Baku Baku, Nights and so many many more!

It's just too bad so many of these games are so damned expensive, my collection isn't half as big as I'd like it to be, but I just can't bring myself to pay the prices that some of these suckers go for.

#149145 Shining Force

Posted by Orange on 03 April 2008 - 07:31 PM in Off Topic

I'm a huge fan of the Shining Force series, though I've been extremely disappointed by some of the newer releases. Shining Force II was actually the very first game I got for Genesis, so that will always be my personal favorite, though Shining The Holy Ark is a close second. I know a lot of SF fans didn't like some of the changes made in Holy Ark, but I think they worked rather well. I have the following Shining Force games in my collection:

Shining Force (Sega Genesis)
Shining Force II (Sega Genesis)
Shining Force CD (Sega CD)
Shining Force: The Sword of Hajya (Sega Game Gear)
Shining Wisdom (Sega Saturn)
Shining The Holy Ark (Sega Saturn)
Shining Force III (Sega Saturn)
Shining Soul (Nintendo Gameboy Advance)
Shining Soul II (Nintendo Gameboy Advance)
Shining Force: Resurrection of the Dark Dragon (Nintendo Gameboy Advance)
Shining Tears (Sony Playstation 2)
Shining Force Neo (Sony Playstation 2)
Shining Force EXA (Sony Playstation 2)

I used to have the Imports of Shining Force III Scenario 2 & 3, but ended up selling them a few years ago because I couldn't get into the game without being able to understand the story (The games are all in Japanese). I'm still hoping they'll release a Shining Force III collection with Scenarios 2 and 3 in the US, but it's looking less likely with each passing year...

Anyway, you can find the first Shining Force game on compilation discs like the Sega Smash pack, or as Omega said, through an emulator online. I also heard they were releasing a virtual console Shining game for the Wii, so if you've got a Wii that's well worth checking out, because the Shining Force series is truly one of the all time classics.

#147964 What's The Most Expensive Nerf Gun You Ever Bought?

Posted by Orange on 29 March 2008 - 10:38 PM in General Nerf

Ok, orange is a real guy. He lives a few houses past mine. His laptop won't let him post on nerfhaven for some reason. For this reason he does his business on another nerf forum, which we also share. Same with our youtube account. We work as a team. No offense taken.
~Blue

I don't mean to take this thread off topic, but what the fuck are you talking about kid? I don't know who the hell you are, so keep my name the hell out of your stupid little posts in the future...

#139180 Has Anyone Ever Heard Of This Gun?

Posted by Orange on 07 February 2008 - 06:08 PM in General Nerf

I had no idea a member here actually owned this gun. Sorry for the mistake, but I had always heard that pic was from an old eBay listing.

In any case, if you do decided to sell it in the future please be sure let me know, I'd be willing to pay an obscene amount of money for it or trade multiple items to get my hands on one of these.

#139027 Has Anyone Ever Heard Of This Gun?

Posted by Orange on 06 February 2008 - 09:19 PM in General Nerf

The Larami Super Maxx 1500 Rapid-Fire Missile Blaster is just about the rarest Nerf gun out there. In fact that's the only known picture of it from an old eBay auction and that's the only time I've ever seen it before. It's my personal holy grail, the one gun I'd trade nearly any other item in my collection for, but as I said it's nearly impossible to find these days.

#133418 Nerf Recon In Hand. I Have Zee Pics.

Posted by Orange on 22 December 2007 - 02:38 PM in General Nerf

I just picked one up at TRU today, which was weird because there was only one and it was shoved in with an end cap full of N-Strike Power Unity sets, it didn't have spot on the shelf or anything. It wouldn't scan at any of the price check scanners around the store, so I was afraid it wasn't in the system yet and they wouldn't sell it to me, but when I went to check out at the register it rung up at $19.99 without any problems.

#133416 More Goodies: New Nerf N-strike Mission Kit With Tactical Light

Posted by Orange on 22 December 2007 - 02:20 PM in General Nerf

Neat find, after news of the Recon with it's interchangeable parts first came out I was wondering how long before Hasbro would rerelease the Night Finder EX-3 Sight, and it's nice to see they changed the light color from red to green. I'll have to keep an eye out for this set.

#127790 Gun Identification

Posted by Orange on 28 October 2007 - 09:18 AM in General Nerf

The Just Toys gun is from the AirZone Shots 2000 line and is called a Rapid Fire 10 Shooter or EZ Squeeze 10 Shooter.

The second one, as others have said, is a Nerf NB-1 Missile Blaster. The clips on each side of the gun are for a black ammo holder that you are missing,

#127367 New Airzone Gun

Posted by Orange on 25 October 2007 - 05:40 PM in General Nerf

Just Toys Airzone line doesn't exist anymore as far as I know, but this Airzone is the brand name TRU uses to re-release Nerf knock off guns under. They are usually Buzz Bee and Lanard guns, but I don't recall ever seeing one of these before, so does anyone know what company originally made the Scorpion Bow? If anyone owns one it should be printed in the plastic somewhere with the copyright information.

#122732 Lanard Clip Shot Fast And Furious

Posted by Orange on 11 September 2007 - 08:35 PM in General Nerf

Amazon also has a Lanard Ball Shooter - Ballistic Shooter listed. No pictures yet, but here's the description:

"Ballistic Shooter is a light pingpong balls shooter. Aim the target and shoot pingpong balls. Pull and push functions that fire light pingpong balls up to 30 feet. Comes with two see-thru balls chamber. Rotate handle switching from one chamber to the next when chamber is empty.

Ballistic Shooter is powered by air pressure.
Shoot light pingpong balls.
Pingpong ball are safe and durable.
Shoots up to 30 feet. "

Doesn't sound very good at all, but it's at least good to see some new items from Lanard.

#120011 Unkown Gun?

Posted by Orange on 16 August 2007 - 02:02 PM in General Nerf

That's a Nerf Arrowstorm

#118134 What Gun Is This?

Posted by Orange on 03 August 2007 - 06:20 AM in General Nerf

What I'm wondering about is the orange and purple pistol in the bottom left. I know it looks familiar, but I can't put my finger on what it is.

It looks like a 'The Professional' made by Just Toys from their Air Zone line of guns.

#118121 What Gun Is This?

Posted by Orange on 03 August 2007 - 12:02 AM in General Nerf

Yea, I considered it being a painted sm500, but I thought it looked too clean. The sticker looked slightly different, and the auction didn't say anything about paint, but oh well. I was just curious.

I know what you mean, I questioned it for a moment as well until I saw the Ratchet Blast behind it painted in the same colors.

Oh, and I'm glad you like the site JRoD.

#117452 Nerf Disk Shot & Spidey Dart Tag Set In Stores

Posted by Orange on 28 July 2007 - 05:57 PM in General Nerf

NiteWalker - The Spider-Man Dart Tag Blasters are air powered, though it is a bit awkward to pump when you're wearing the gun on your wrist and the pump does seem a bit flimsy. The good news is they fit an adult wrist fairly well, much better than the old Wrist Blitzer ever did in any case.

Retiate - I haven't tested that yet, so I'm not sure if it will work on it's side, but I do know you can control the angle that the Disk Launcher will shoot by using the remote attachment, which is pretty neat. *Edit: I just checked and no, the launcher won't shoot when on it's side. There's a little safety tab on the bottom of the disc launcher that has to be kept pushed in or it shuts down, though all you'd really have to do to get around that is simply put a piece of tape over the tab and it'll work just fine.

NerfMonkey - It works like a Triple Strike, you can fire the darts one at a time or all at once depending on how much pressure you put on the trigger.

I've got loose pics of these items up at my site now, and I'll be taking more pictures as soon as I can.

#117444 Nerf Disk Shot & Spidey Dart Tag Set In Stores

Posted by Orange on 28 July 2007 - 03:56 PM in General Nerf

I just got back from TRU where I picked up the Nerf Disk Shot and Spider-Man vs Venom Dart Tag Set. The Disk Shot was $49.99 and Spidey Dart Tag was $29.99.

Here are a few quick pics of the front and back of the boxes, I'll try to get more pictures of the guns up later this afternoon:

Posted Image

Posted Image

PS - If you don't want to wait for these items to show up in your local stores the Disk Shot is in stock at Amazon.com and the Spider-Man Dart Tag is at KBToys.com.

#112086 A Really Fucking Old Nerf Gun

Posted by Orange on 19 June 2007 - 09:13 PM in General Nerf

Sounds like a Master Blaster to me:

Posted Image

In case I'm wrong, here's a pic of the Pulsator:

Posted Image

#112077 Hey Look, A 1 Dollar Nite-finder!... Wait.. What?

Posted by Orange on 19 June 2007 - 08:56 PM in General Nerf

Toy Quest recently released a Spider-Man 3 version of this gun, there's a thread about it around here somewhere.

Edit: Here's the thread I was talking about.

The Spider-Man versions can be found at Big Lots, and I've seen the one Yazzeh has pictured at Dollar General stores.

#111532 Found A Weird Lanard Gun

Posted by Orange on 15 June 2007 - 08:34 PM in General Nerf

It is simply called the "Ball Blaster." They came out a year or two ago and can still be found at some Dollar General stores for $5, and they were also repainted and re-released recently in a Buzz Lightyear blaster two pack along with the Over Under.

I don't know about getting replacement ammo for it, perhaps if you contact Lanard directly they can help you out?

#109785 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by Orange on 06 June 2007 - 09:13 PM in General Nerf

I don't know the exact number of Nerf guns currently in my arsenal, but if I had to guess I'd say probably somewhere between 400 to 450 guns. Pics of most my guns can be seen here - My Arsenal

#108717 New Spiderman Gun

Posted by Orange on 01 June 2007 - 01:02 AM in General Nerf

Out of the different Toy Quest Spider-Man 3 guns this one certainly seems to be the hardest to find. I was actually searching Big Lots stores for the Blue Airtech 1000 when I found it, and out of the dozen different Big Lots I went to only one had it, and even that store only had the one I bought.

#107485 New Spiderman Gun

Posted by Orange on 24 May 2007 - 09:55 PM in General Nerf

The item you are talking about is made by Toy Quest, and they actually have quite a few different Spider-Man 3 guns out there. Most of them are cheap little knock off blasters that shoot either foam darts, gliders or plastic discs. I've seen most these knock off guns produced by other companies over the years, and from my experience they are pretty cheaply made and don't work all that well. Here's a pic of the two foam shooting guns from Toy Quest's Spider-Man 3 line:

Posted Image

Toy Quest is also the same company that makes the XXL line which this larger Spider-Man 3 gun looks to be a repaint of:

Posted Image

#106212 25% Off At Hasbrotoyshop With Free Shipping!

Posted by Orange on 17 May 2007 - 08:02 PM in General Nerf

Thanks for the heads up SofaKing, I just made an order and saved almost $25 thanks to your code.

#101367 Spider Man 3 Nerf

Posted by Orange on 24 March 2007 - 04:10 PM in General Nerf

I saw this gun at the local TRU about a week ago and considered picking it up, but passed due to the $24.99 price tag. It's made by the same company who makes the XXL line, though it seems to be lower quality when compared to other XXL guns.

#96183 Anyone Ever See This Gun Before?

Posted by Orange on 09 December 2006 - 08:18 PM in General Nerf

I picked one up probably 4 or 5 months ago, and while it's a neat enough little gun it's not very practical. The accuracy isn't very good due to the firing method and it's range isn't all that great. I've seen them at Value City and Dollar General stores for $5, so it's a good pick up for a collection due to it's uniqueness and price, but beyond that I'd suggest passing on it.

#94810 Possible Uk Source For Old Lanard Guns?

Posted by Orange on 19 November 2006 - 02:08 PM in General Nerf

Thanks for the heads up RAMBO, I've been looking to get a new Maxshot for awhile now as mine has a crack in the handle.

#94703 Holiday Raffle

Posted by Orange on 17 November 2006 - 01:03 PM in General Nerf

#91588 Longshot With Bonus Nite Finder Ex-3 Sight

Posted by Orange on 09 October 2006 - 11:46 AM in General Nerf

I know it's a dumb question since nerfing takes place outside in the daytime, but how is the visibility factor with it?

I had it on top of my Nite Finder last night and found the Sight's beam to be a lot stronger than the Nite Finder's. Also, the dot the Sight produced was a lot clearer on the wall, it was an actual dot whereas the Nite Finder kind of made a large blob. Indoors during the day I can still see the Sight's dot three rooms away, but outside it's really next to useless in the daylight.

Is the sight laser sight?
like you look through the reticle and tehres a red dot or crosshair?

It's a sight, not a scope, so you don't look through anything, it simply shines a red dot on the wall like a Night Finder.

#91475 Longshot With Bonus Nite Finder Ex-3 Sight

Posted by Orange on 07 October 2006 - 05:45 PM in General Nerf

Cool, I'm assuming you got it since you have pictures that are clearly ones you've taken, so how does it work?

It snaps right on to the rails that are on top of all the N-Strike guns and there's a little switch on the back of the sight you use to turn the light beam on and off.

#91468 Longshot With Bonus Nite Finder Ex-3 Sight

Posted by Orange on 07 October 2006 - 05:21 PM in General Nerf

I was at Walmart today when I saw something new, apparently Nerf is now offering the Longshot with a bonus sight attachment called the 'Night Finder EX-3 Sight'. I'm not sure why they couldn't have come up with a more original name for this thing, but it's pretty neat nonetheless. It takes 2 AA batteries and, like the Nite Finder it shares a name with, it shines a light beam for "precision blasting -even in the dark!"

They only cost $28.95, so if you've been waiting on picking up a Longshot now might be the time as I'm sure like the Dart tag / Firestrike sets last year these won't be around for very long.

Here are a few quick pics I took of the box and the sight on a couple of different N-Strike blasters:

Box Front
Box Back
On the Nite Finder
On the Maverick
Just the Sight

Edit: Sorry about the pics, larger ones can be seen here - http://photobucket.c...25/SuperOrange/

#86197 Interesting Finds In Tru

Posted by Orange on 31 July 2006 - 05:45 PM in General Nerf

It's basically a Maverick, a six shot revolver, but it uses the Buzz Bee shells like the Double Shot and Rapid Fire Rifle. I've got a pic of it up at my site in the Non Nerf section - http://www.freewebs....thernonnerf.htm

#86128 Big Bad Bow And Titan At Target

Posted by Orange on 30 July 2006 - 10:04 PM in General Nerf

Also I like how on the title of this thread Titan is still being called Titian.

I couldn't bring myself to put "Big Bad Titan " in the thread title, it just sounds way too cheesy! :P

Edit: Guess I did misspell that in the title, whoops!

#86021 Big Bad Bow And Titan At Target

Posted by Orange on 29 July 2006 - 08:09 PM in General Nerf

Thanks for the pic Carrtoon, now I don't have to go all the way back to Target again tomorrow.

#86006 Big Bad Bow And Titan At Target

Posted by Orange on 29 July 2006 - 03:31 PM in General Nerf

Yeah, I just saw that this was reported in another thread awhile back, but it was locked due to lack of proof. I hope my word is enough for you guys until tomorrow when I can get pics. sistermol was telling the truth in that thread, just as I am now.

#86004 Big Bad Bow And Titan At Target

Posted by Orange on 29 July 2006 - 03:22 PM in General Nerf

I was at Target today looking for the Longshot (which they also had, but no Magstrikes yet) when I saw that they had both the Big Bad Bow and Titan for sale. The boxes on both said Target exclusives, so I don't know if Toys R us lost the BBB as an exclusive or what.

The Big Bad Bow pictured on the box didn't have any stickers on it at all, and it came with 6 arrows instead of the usual 3. It was priced at $19.99

The Titan was individually packed without the rest of the N-Stirke system, and it was titled "Big Bad Titan", not "Titan AS-V.I" as it was with the N-Strike system. It came with one missile and was also priced at $19.99.

I'll try to go back tomorrow with my digital camera and get pictures of both boxes for you guys.

#85994 Do You Remember?

Posted by Orange on 29 July 2006 - 11:14 AM in General Nerf

The first Nerf gun I ever used was a friend's Sharpshooter, but the first gun I actually owned myself was a Chainblazer. I still have it, and it works great even after all these years. It's pictured here - http://www.freewebs..../nerfaction.htm

#84830 Looking For A Complete Checklist

Posted by Orange on 11 July 2006 - 11:38 PM in General Nerf

The first one is simply called 'Nerf Rockets with Air Launcher,' and Carbon is correct, it was made in 1976 by Parker Brothers. The second gun is a SuperMaxx Airzooka by Hasbro.

#84810 Looking For A Complete Checklist

Posted by Orange on 11 July 2006 - 06:56 PM in General Nerf

I've actually been working on a site for my collection for quite some time now, but I keep getting distracted by other thing and haven't had a chance to finish it. Here's what I have so far - http://www.freewebs....range/index.htm - but like I said, it's still a major work in progress. I took all the pictures with my old digital camera so they aren't all that great and now that I have a better one I want to retake all of them at some point. I'd also like to get the rest of my pics uploaded as well as write reviews for all the guns, but like I said, I can't seem to find the time...

The other thing is I'm really only interested in official Nerf guns, so I don't have any info on Lanard or other non Nerf guns, beyond Vortex, Larami and Mattel stuff of course. But I do have pics of nearly all my guns up on that site, as well as a complete list of all the official Nerf guns. I didn't add in the different color variations and whatnot since I didn't think anyone else besides me would care about them, but now that I know others are interested I'll try to get that info added in at some point.

Anyway, I hope that helps, the only thing I ask is that if you want to use any of the info or pictures on my site for your own use that you ask me first as I did put a lot of work into this.

#83513 Arsenal Pictures

Posted by Orange on 19 June 2006 - 10:18 PM in General Nerf

Yeah, it is, it was a Walgreens exclusive a year or two ago.

#83512 Supertech Line

Posted by Orange on 19 June 2006 - 09:56 PM in General Nerf

Wow, great find there Uncle Hammer! I've got the Supertech 9000 myself, but was never able to find the smaller 500, or the top light attachment.

If you can get your aunt to give the guns to you be sure to let me know, I'd be willing to make you quite the offer on them...

#83294 What Is Nerf To You?

Posted by Orange on 15 June 2006 - 07:48 AM in General Nerf

Unhealthy Obsession, without a doubt.