mystefansdontflystraight's Content

There have been 804 items by mystefansdontflystraight (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#200786 '08 Highlights

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 03 January 2009 - 09:23 AM in General Nerf

Well....
Pros: My first year in nerf really, and it was awesome.
-Attending HbH2.
- Amassing close to 20 guns.
- Posting a few write ups that got into the directory.
- Aquiring 2 xbows, only one of which I still have.
- The admins on this site, they do a great job.
- The new members who contribute great stuff- you know who you are.
Cons:
- Not being able to attend Massacre1 or WCNO (I believe it's happening as I type)
- Breaking Blink182's SM5000 at HbH2.
- Screwing up my doomsayer replica.
- Spending a shit ton on nerf/modding materials.
- Not finding as single nerf gun at thrift stores.
- Haven wise, the new members who do not contribute and are a pain in the ass- yes silentsnipe comes to mind.

#148721 '9999'

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 01 April 2008 - 08:26 PM in Off Topic

Hello to all those out there in the nerf world.I havent been signed on for quite some time now and would like to say that I would like to be deleated. I have seemed to lost interest in this hobby of mine that I once held dear to my heart and would like to say to everyone here thank you. I have been opened to a form of creativity and enginuity that I have not seen any where else before. If one of the admids could send me off with the 9999 special i would greatly appreciate it. Thank you for everything and nerf on!
P.S: I still check back on the site if I ever need inspiration.

I never thought I'd see the day when someone ASKED a mod to ban them.
O well, see ya then.

#142440 "phun"

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 February 2008 - 09:39 PM in Off Topic

Looks like it could be really useful for planning spring based guns.
Anyone tried Linerider? Similar to this. You build a track for a miniature sled, and see if your wild creation will keep it going.
Really fun.
WOOT 100th post.

#176359 +bow Addition

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 10 September 2008 - 07:21 AM in Modifications

Finally another use for those arrows! I used small rings to put under the cocking handle on my longshot, to protect the paintjob.

#221381 +pistol, By Splitlip

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 03 April 2009 - 06:34 AM in Homemades

I completely agree everyone should lay off Split. He has made this thing to be small and deadly, which he succeeded in doing. What are we going to do? DISCOURAGE people from posting innovations? I have not seen FA_24's 160ft shooting PAS in person, but I range tested with him at HbH2 and I can say he doesn't bullshit about ranges. I don't think split does either. This thing too may break down in the middle of a war, who knows? I put a couple bungies on my old +bow for shits and giggles, and I got 170ft. Im sure that if I left them on, the cocking handle/rod would have snapped, as it was warping it. Anything that gets over 140ft is going to end up breaking sometime.
This is very cool, and I hope you make it up to Canada so I can see it in person.

#154939 A Breath Of Fresh Air

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 06 May 2008 - 06:59 PM in News

Same here. If Hell Before Halloween happens again, or something happens near me this summer, I will definitely go and test out my 1.5k turreted maxshot!

#176555 A Different Ls Dtb

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 11 September 2008 - 07:13 AM in Modifications

I like it. I now favor my LS over my xbow too. Mine is angel breeched, and has a whole cut down AT2k in it's shell and turreted integrated where the front gun was. Im still working on it. Can't get that damn nub to stay in place.
Good job.

#178264 A Different Ls Dtb

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 September 2008 - 03:17 PM in Modifications

Wow Ice I used to thing you were an annoying noob but with your more recent mods you have stepped it up quite a bit. I think I may try this myself but substituting 17/32 brass for the barrel as it fits my darts better. I have a DTG I'll integrate that aswell with petg barrels to reduce the strain on the rotating mech. Has anyone used an Ace #49 spring in a DTG? Also I'l' put a marvelous salvo in with 2 at2k turrets and just a regular barrel or maybe something special like an arrow shooting barrel.

And yes, this gun has a TON of dead space. I was actually thinking of integration a big salvo into is as well. It's certainly possible.

Again, well done, ice. But I'm wondering...

You've got a singled Longshot. It has a DTG integrated into the base. That's 11 shots without reloading. The DTG turret is clipped. That's a pretty sick ROF.

Do you REALLY need to integrate a Big Salvo into it? Not gonna lie, if you fit all of that in there and it looks good, I'd be impressed, and pleased. But at the same time...the longshot on its OWN is heavy. The DTG adds some significant weight. I know, I know...I'm one to talk out against excessive integration/guns being too heavy and all. But think about this...you're talking about fourteen barrels here, on a LONGSHOT.

If you want to do it, I'll stand behind you and submit my applause, but if you're planning on using this in a WAR, think about how the gun feels now and how effective it is now before you decide that something has to go into the dead space you're itching to fill.

For the record, this was intended for ice AND Nonsense Man. NM...I'm pretty sure even *I* would cringe if I saw you put turrets on two of the four barrels of a Big Salvo, singling the other two, and integrated it all into a DTG'ed Longshot. It has potential to look SWEET, but functionality is something else. Not even autos have 21 barrels, and reloading will ALWAYS be an issue for the user.

About reloading. I am pretty sure some people have so many shots, that they count on being hit and out before they have to reload. My friend does this. He has a LS with a 2k integrated with a turret, and a marvelous salvo with turrets on it too. He carries a turreted NF. He has NEVER run out of ammo before he is hit, so he has to sit out for 20 seconds, in which he reloads.

#186203 A Gift.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 29 October 2008 - 07:24 AM in Modifications

That gun owned at HbH. Rambo got me at least three times with it, I noticed that it had very good accuracy. It hurt too. I loved the LED setup. Great job, and I use the same screwdrives as you. I should probably get some better ones, thanks Slug.

EDIT: That is the trippiest version of "ONE" that I have ever heard. Awesome though.

EDIT#2: Is the epoxy putty you are using for the reinforcements?

#150596 A Great Find Out Of Salvaging My Rf20

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 11 April 2008 - 08:19 PM in General Nerf

If my rf20 wasn't my friends that I "borrowed", I would take it out. I hate rf20s anyway.
I would use it in a ss1 and go crazy single shot pistol on my local war's ass.

#153272 A Quick Question On Pricing...

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 April 2008 - 06:01 PM in General Nerf

If a nerf gun shoots balls, it sucks them. And the slingshot is notoriously bad.
I wouldn't ask for more than 2$ for it, and I can't see anyone except maybe orange taking it.

#206516 A Quirky Little Contract Video.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 26 January 2009 - 07:21 AM in Modifications

Nice music haha. So were the blastfires just a gift, for a contract, or payment for something, or what?

He told me at massacre 2 he got 8 of them for quite a good deal from some guy out west.
Good video as always, FA.

#231037 A Short Story.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 May 2009 - 11:53 AM in General Nerf

Holy damn. I thought you were JOKING when you mentionned you got a NIB ST9K set at Massacre 4.....
Shit, that is amazing. The only thing rarer than that has gotta be the SM1.5K arrow shooter... NIB.
Nice, I can see Orange contacting you shortly.

#237071 A Very Important Season Of Foam Update

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 18 June 2009 - 06:06 AM in General Nerf

I will do my best to still host a war the weekend before the date you guys were supposed to be in Toronto.
You guys will be there in spirit, if not in person.
Im really sorry you can't come, I was really looking forwards to meeting you guys.

EDIT: I will discuss locations and the like with whoever is at SCANO this weekend.

#199736 A Very Strange Find...

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 December 2008 - 09:27 AM in General Nerf

Cool! The only similar thing I have ever heard of is when FA_24 and Crooked stumbled across a bunch of NIB SM750s at a Wal Mart a year ago. Crooked was using one as a prize for the duels at HbH2.

#184750 A Very Wierd Sf Leak

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 October 2008 - 02:44 PM in Modifications

Thanks for all the advice. I was wondering if anyone has a irreparable SF that they could cut apart, just around the trigger pegs. If there is vynil tubing there, Ican most likely fix it. Split is probably right, it is leaking somewhere after the check valve.
MSDFS

#184902 A Very Wierd Sf Leak

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 October 2008 - 10:50 AM in Modifications

Sorry for the double post, but it is fixed! :lol: :D
Thanks everyone who helped me do this.
I am going to post a write up on how to fix a leaky SF in a few days.
Thanks
MSDFS

#184662 A Very Wierd Sf Leak

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 October 2008 - 05:35 PM in Modifications

Do you think the pump may have something to do with it? It may. A friend of mine had a problem like this.

Are you being sarcastic? I have mentionned that it is the pump in all of my previous posts. I can pump it up in less than 2 seconds, so I will probably carry it loaded, and then pump/shoot. I believe this is how people with leaky SF s roll.

#184642 A Very Wierd Sf Leak

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 October 2008 - 04:08 PM in Modifications

This has happened to me too, pump really fast then shoot. Do that a couple of times then it should be all good.

Ill try thanks.
Watari: If you look in CXWQ's mod, you will see that replacing the pump isn't an option.

Natbeanz: It didn't work

Oh, try pulling out the pin a couple of times or add lubricant to the valve.

For the last time, it isn't leaking out the barrel! It is leaking out hte pump! I tried pulling the pin plenty of times. I see no way how to get lube all the way down there, the pump won't. I tried lubing the end of the pump, and pumping it down. It looks like I will have to get some silicone, and spray it down the pump, and pump it in. That MAY work.

#184638 A Very Wierd Sf Leak

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 October 2008 - 03:33 PM in Modifications

This has happened to me too, pump really fast then shoot. Do that a couple of times then it should be all good.

Ill try thanks.
Watari: If you look in CXWQ's mod, you will see that replacing the pump isn't an option.

Natbeanz: It didn't work

#184632 A Very Wierd Sf Leak

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 October 2008 - 03:10 PM in Modifications

I just got my splitfire today. It seemed to be in working condition. At least the left barrel was. The SF is leaking, and draining the right barrel, but it is not leaking out the barrel at all. It is leaking out the pump shaft. I have NO CLUE how this happened. I searched, as far as I can tell, I am the first to have this problem. Any advice would be welcome.

EDIT: I just looked down the pump housing, and I can see two valves. It is leaking out the right one.

#152248 Air And Spring Powerd Longshot.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 April 2008 - 06:00 PM in Modifications

I tried a Microsoft paint sketch of this, and I didn't come up with anything coherent. Typically, air powered blasters get slightly better range than their springer counterparts. If you were going to make one, I would suggest making it air powered. There has been at least one other topic about this before, and it looks really doable. You integrate an airtech 2000 into the plunger chamber. Go to the search function and type in air powered longshot.
Good luck

#219613 Air Zone 2009

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 March 2009 - 08:11 AM in General Nerf

Im almost 100% sure it is clip fed. Use the zoom function to zoom to the bottom-right of the sticker. Looks a lot like a clip-release doesn't it? I cannot see any kind of cocking handle. It may be on the other side (yay for right handed people). Possible the stock pulls out, but that would be stupid. My guess is flywheel. I think there is a switch somewhere on it.
Bottom line: LARPers will love this. Chop off the stupid looking orange thing, and the bottom, slap on a real scope, paint it flat black, you have an assault rifle that uses clips.

#145996 Airtech 1000 Modification

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 March 2008 - 05:34 PM in Modifications

Just for reference: my friend had one of these. You cock it by pulling on the back of it, then the trigger releases it.
My friend's had awful range, so 50ft is an achievement.

#254850 Airtech 3000 Overhaul

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 29 October 2009 - 06:14 AM in Modifications

I have some craft foam, so I'll give that a try. Thanks Cheezy.

EDIT: Use a section cut from a BBB arrow. That worked perfectly for me, mine now has a perfect seal and is hitting 110ft flat.

#254833 Airtech 3000 Overhaul

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 28 October 2009 - 08:05 PM in Modifications

I'm having a little trouble with the seal. The washers (which are 1/8 in thickness) are not making a good seal with the tank. Any suggestions on how to fix it? I could not find any washers with a different thickness.

#214635 Alrighty. Here's Some Stuff To Look At.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 24 February 2009 - 07:48 AM in General Nerf

Nightcabbage: Where did you get your info? Im not believing anything that is not a direct qouote from the guy who kid flash is in contact with. He knows, he designs the interiors. Unless you got this from a good source, in which case you should say where, it is just speculaton.

I think he may be right though. It looks like a fancy 4 extra barrel, pump action nicely colored mav.

#214181 Alrighty. Here's Some Stuff To Look At.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 February 2009 - 02:29 PM in General Nerf

I really hate to be pessimistic, but I think it is a springer, not an airgun. Here are a couple reasons:
1. ROF. Hasbro is concerned with making rapid fire guns, such as the vulcan, dtb, mav, ls, recon. They all have a relatively high ROF. If this gun were to be an air gun, it would require multiple pumps (unless the pump tube takes up 1/3 of the gun). This would not be very high ROF. Hasbro wants guns that will spew out a lot of foam in a short period of time. The 10 shot turret would accomplish this for us, but for SWAT team loving kids, it wouldn't be enough, in my opinion.
2. General motion of things: Hasbro has not made an air gun in 3 years. But still, Nerf only made springers until the Supermaxx line (feel free to correct me on that), and only made airguns for the supermaxx years. Then, they kept on making airguns for the airjet power+, and Airtech lines. Then along came the NF and Nstrike, which have, for the exception of the hornet and titan, been springers. I hope they are going to go back to airguns, because correct me if Im wrong, but there hasn't been an airgun available in stores that people completely gave up on (recon).

I would really hope that it is an air powered gun. With a pump plug, PETG barrel replacement, maybe find some way of hacking off the front of it to allow for longer barrels... (GASP)
I can see it having great potential.
Springer or not, it would be easy as pie to integrate a 2k into there. Im going to get it regardless.

EDIT: If this is a springer, I think the only good route is to convert it to an airgun. I mean, look at the size of the area behind the gun. It looks like it has a mav sized pluger tube. The pump shaft looks like it would snap under the weight of an added spring (or a plugged pump for that matter). Looks like a powerclip pump, but thinner.
The faux barrel would kill range for sure, but it is necessary for the pump action to work corrrectly. I can see AT2k internals in this baby already.

#157787 Aluminum Plunger Nitefinder

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 02 June 2008 - 02:35 PM in Modifications

I don't know how long it took you, or how much it cost, but I would buy some off you, if you would make more. This is seriously cool. I wonder if it is possible to make it for THE BEST SIDEARM EVER, the SS1.

#193101 Ammo Belt And Cardboard Body Armor

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 30 November 2008 - 06:44 PM in Modifications

I made a similar one out of CPVC and duct tape that I used at HbH. However the CPVC was way too tight and deformed my darts, hurting range a bit. It did work well as far as reload times and mobility were concerned.

#136240 An Internal Fit Spring For The Recon

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 17 January 2008 - 11:58 AM in Modifications

If you are talking about the 12 shot one, it's spring sucks.
I get like 5ft with the included mega darts.
Am in the process of angel modding it.
I wouldn't reccomend using it for anything.

#216775 Angel Breech

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 07 March 2009 - 04:42 PM in General Nerf

Yo anyone know how to make an angel breech or where to get one? if so, how much? :ph34r: :unsure:

Searching would reveal everything you need to know about making one. Since I am feeling nice:Here is a really good step by step guide. As for buying one, brass is 4$ a foot on average, you need 5ft of brass for it, plus labor, so a good 30$. You would need to install it, which is the hard part. Making it is relatively easy.
Oh and read this too.

#237423 Angel Breech Question

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 June 2009 - 02:30 PM in Modifications

Follow hereticorp's assault rifle write up to the dot, except don't put tightening rings in the 9/16ths brass that has the half pipe cut out of it. Zap a gap a piece of 17/32 there instead, you will be good to go.

#204808 Angel Breech Question

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 19 January 2009 - 06:43 PM in Modifications

Yes, you do. If you are following Hereticorp's method (which I reccomend, It's easier to follow than FA_24's, no offence), you need to sand down the inside of the bolt enough to fit the 19/32 all the way to the back.
Hope this helps.

#225217 Angel Breech Vs +bow

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 23 April 2009 - 02:26 AM in General Nerf

For this, I am going to assume you are talking about an angel breeched longshot... Anyway, It completely depends on what kind of nerfing you will be doing. Are you going to be nerfing in large open parks with ranges between people of 100ft+ or are you going to be in a tighter, closer ranged environment, such as a gym, or playground? If you are in the open park scenario, I would go with the +bow as it will give you the range you need. If you are in the closer environment, I would go with the angel breeched longshot, as it has decent range and ROF, and reloading with a clip is easier than a flip breech/ramrodding.
If you don't feel confident with a dremel/pipe cutters, do not attempt an angel breech.

#174690 Animals And Nerfing

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 03 September 2008 - 10:49 AM in Off Topic

I have the world's laziest dog. Seriously, I shot him at point blank with a BBBB because he chewed my bedroom carpet, and he didn't react at all! I then did it too my foot and got a nice sore welt.
My dog isn't interested in stefans, but he does like the fishing weights. He has eaten a few, and he was fine, so I wouldn't worry about lead poisoning.

#178488 Any Nerfers Over Seas?

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 20 September 2008 - 08:18 PM in General Nerf

Hahaha. CXWQ lives in socal, but they have him all the way in porgugal..
Yeah, this will show anyone where everyone is. Not too sure about 3DBBQ though, couldn't find him.
Holy flying crap christmonkeys: 600th post.

#178559 Apoc 2008 Road Trip Video.

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 21 September 2008 - 01:16 AM in Nerf Wars

Awesome, I envy you fellow countrymen to no end. Unfortunately, convincing my parents to let me do that would be extremely hard indeed. Lets just say it would be easier to convince them to let me take up crack, and them buy me the stuff. Asking to go to hell was pushing it...
Awesome video as usual, I also really enjoyed your apoc video.

#149666 Ar Removal

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 06 April 2008 - 03:16 PM in Modifications

I was too lazy, so I did this with my Longshot. Worked wonders on the range.

#163658 Arachnophobia Pistols

Posted by mystefansdontflystraight on 22 July 2008 - 05:55 AM in Modifications

Thats totally the coolest thing I ever saw in my whole nerfing career. I love the BS, and was trying to buy chili's integration but shipping was too expensive. I guess I need to get my hands on a big salvo now.