euphemism's Content

There have been 244 items by euphemism (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#68583 YANO November 05

Posted by euphemism on 29 November 2005 - 08:17 PM in Nerf Wars

But, is the chainsaw the trees or for Falcon?

#68194 Xbox 360 Is Out Of Hand

Posted by euphemism on 24 November 2005 - 11:21 AM in Off Topic

Put it in perspective man, let's compare an Xbox 360 to a PC of equal caliber say maybe a dell XPS 400 or maybe even 600. The cheaper of the two PCs, the 400, starts at $899 the 600 starts at $1,599. And, oh, the PS3, don't get me started, the PS3 has no release date, no games, no specs, no confirmation of its existense, go here and try to find one reference to it, nothing. I've done enough, I'll let someone else compare it to the Revolution.

#68266 Xbox 360 Is Out Of Hand

Posted by euphemism on 25 November 2005 - 03:15 PM in Off Topic

There is one core system selling at Amazon for $749.99 which is one of the best prices I've seen.

EDIT: Whoa, ignore that statement, there's much cheaper, just search with froogle.

EDIT II: Actually all the froogle results are backordered so don't ignore the first thing.

#75434 X-stream's Still Available.

Posted by euphemism on 06 March 2006 - 09:18 PM in General Nerf

Your guess is correct.

#68859 Wtf

Posted by euphemism on 06 December 2005 - 10:26 PM in Off Topic

Ironically that could merely be interperted as a Frenglish way of saying "Shower bags"... whatever those are.

#58558 Wikipedia Nerf Section

Posted by euphemism on 01 July 2005 - 06:12 PM in General Nerf

haha, I wrote a good chunk of that article, all of the text after "Now Nerf 'modifications' exist, improving the design of the stock gun."

Also, nerflad, you don't need an editor, that's the beauty of it

EDIT: To avoid any confusion after later editing I wrote up to and including the stefan instructions

#67832 Why

Posted by euphemism on 16 November 2005 - 09:15 PM in Off Topic

I`m scared of guns...

To help certain people (airsofter) understand why that is very funny I will give this link.

#93175 Who Watches Naruto?

Posted by euphemism on 28 October 2006 - 01:49 PM in Off Topic

Yeah, I've got nothing against anime but god damn.
A ninja that wears orange is like wearing camo while using bright orange nerf guns.

#93148 Who Watches Naruto?

Posted by euphemism on 27 October 2006 - 11:07 PM in Off Topic

Who Watches Naruto?

....Losers

#93228 Who Watches Naruto?

Posted by euphemism on 29 October 2006 - 12:40 AM in Off Topic

Unfortunately, the next generations of Gundam were kinda disappointing. None of them, in my opinion, stood up to GW, but I only watched a couple episodes of the others.

TS

But I love gundam SD! It's revolutionary!

</sarcasm>

#75866 Where Do You Nerf?

Posted by euphemism on 12 March 2006 - 12:12 AM in Nerf Wars

Look at the URL for the fifth "here" link. What rambo didn't notice is that it is the word offense which can be spelled with either c or s.

#71066 Whats In Your Arsenal

Posted by euphemism on 15 January 2006 - 10:35 PM in General Nerf

Posted Image
Oh, well I guess that's understandable.

#97013 What The Hell

Posted by euphemism on 24 December 2006 - 01:35 AM in Off Topic

I remember there was something involving running the "safe" version to fix it.

#60911 West Coast Late For Firefly?

Posted by euphemism on 02 August 2005 - 11:57 AM in General Nerf

the firefly isn't actually released yet, the stores are selling the some of the ones they have but they aren't legally supposed to be selling them (I'm not saying anything against it though)

Okay, but it's on Hasbro's Nerf site, up for sale; so they must be released.

Where are you getting your information?

Actually it's not for sale from them (see: hasbrotoyshop.com) it's listed on the nerf site but there's no link to buy it.

#60880 West Coast Late For Firefly?

Posted by euphemism on 02 August 2005 - 12:14 AM in General Nerf

The firefly isn't actually released yet, the stores are selling the some of the ones they have but they aren't legally supposed to be selling them (I'm not saying anything against it though).

#71837 Uruk-hai Crossbow Mod

Posted by euphemism on 29 January 2006 - 12:02 AM in Modifications

I am being sarcastic but I'm just messing around. The annoying smiley things NerfMonkey referred to are those godawful ascii things like XD.

edit: sorry, misread your post. the smiley things are just really really really annoying and I think they fall under aim style typing.

#71826 Uruk-hai Crossbow Mod

Posted by euphemism on 28 January 2006 - 08:24 PM in Modifications

Stafoo loser! There are no "snipers" in Nerf!

Since when are spring guns force limited? We allready know your brain is limited, and in fact spring guns (or as you retarded kind call them "cocking guns") are smarter than you.

Shut up you stupid little crap-fuck-face. He said; "cock METHOD". Shit-face.

Obviously the one month ban did wonders for you.

Also, very nice mod Sqiggs, I'd consider it but I worry about the tubing's longevity.

#54709 Triggers

Posted by euphemism on 12 May 2005 - 03:56 PM in Homemades

my two quick trigger designs: http://img205.echo.c...triggers8ol.png

#68137 Traps.

Posted by euphemism on 22 November 2005 - 11:32 PM in General Nerf

It isn't a trap but it's simple surviellance, convex mirrors. Stick them at corners and attach one to the end of a piece of gooseneck for checking around corners and whatnot. Sticking a mirror out in stead of your head can mean the difference between "life" and "death".

#88703 Tom Clancy...

Posted by euphemism on 01 September 2006 - 09:25 AM in Off Topic

I found patriot games rather enjoyable, haven't read any others.

#58414 Titan Stefans

Posted by euphemism on 28 June 2005 - 10:32 PM in Modifications

check my post in this thread to see instructions for my invincible nerf bullets

#102217 Titan Missile Launcher

Posted by euphemism on 15 April 2007 - 01:17 AM in Homemades

One fun thing is to have the bottles somewhat full of water, they fly pretty well (considering their weight) and have a nice trail of water.

#56010 Titan Minimization

Posted by euphemism on 30 May 2005 - 12:50 AM in Modifications

another titan mod, I intend to integrate it into a briefcase soon (I just need the briefcase then a trigger system). unfortunately I didn't take any pictures during the mod process but I do have 2 final pics
left side:
Posted Image
right side:
Posted Image

STUFF:
(1) titan rocket launcher
(1) roll of duct tape
(1) saw
(1) 12" crowbar
(1) phillips head screwdriver
(1) hot glue gun (and glue)
(1) barrel (I think PETG or brass would be best but I just have crayola now)
(1 pair) needle-nose pliers

PROCEDURE:

part one, barrel
1. remove orange barrel, push in and turn hard to the left (think medicine bottle)
2. saw off a little bit of the orange thing now at the tip (just enough to get rid of the air restriction and stuff)
3. push the barrel into the orange thing and secure it with duct tape or hot glue (I would recommend duct tape for crayola as you may wish to replace it later)

part two, butchering
1.saw off the following: aimpoint, top of pump handle (enough to align with the top part of the main body), hornet stuff (thing that pumps hornet and little orange dome, leave the clip for later)
2. remove the air gauge (make a deep cut into it then pry it off with crowbar)
3. cover any sharpness with duct tape and perhaps file later
NOTE: the air valve for the hornet and the air gauge both have vinyl tubes connecting to them, ignore them (for now)

part three, internals
1.take 2 halves apart (leave all pump screws in unless you want to seal the OP valve)
2. remove tank and all things connected to it (you need to unscrew a metal thing that attaches to the trigger)
3. remove all the vinyl tubes with open ends (with pliers) and hot glue over the holes for them
4. get rid of all scout/hornet stuff and ball bearings
5. put stuff back in (not scout/hornet stuff) and do 1313's valve mod

good luck, I hope you like it

#56151 Titan Minimization

Posted by euphemism on 31 May 2005 - 04:22 PM in Modifications

thanks and wow those things are very very nice but as pineapple said it would take "a little work" and I am lazy, I mod while avoiding homework

#62532 The Magvalve

Posted by euphemism on 25 August 2005 - 12:34 PM in Modifications

You could make a rudimentary lathe (anyone get the reference?) using a drill (drill press if availible), a knife and probably some duct tape.

#62553 The Magvalve

Posted by euphemism on 25 August 2005 - 08:09 PM in Modifications

It's not that I don't think the valve or breech loader thingy is good, because it is good. I'm just trying to think of a way that you can inrease airflow and decrease wieght while using the same concept/design

#63228 The Loud Nf

Posted by euphemism on 06 September 2005 - 08:22 PM in General Nerf

If your spring still rings after firing you can put foam around the outside of the plunger tube.

#79223 The Harpoon

Posted by euphemism on 08 April 2006 - 10:25 PM in Homemades

If it is sharp enough to injure someone then what do you think it will do to FBR? FBR tears a lot more easily than skin, it would offer almost no resistance to a sharp broken piece of wood that some poor sap is falling on.

#72355 The End Of Night Finder Production?

Posted by euphemism on 05 February 2006 - 01:54 PM in General Nerf

It's wierd about toys r us, they're closing a ton of stores. I really need to check the one near me to check for any nerf guns on sale and clear them out completely.

#72715 The End Of Night Finder Production?

Posted by euphemism on 09 February 2006 - 03:44 PM in General Nerf

I believe we will see more NFs again as the hasbrotoyshop.com nerf page now lists the EX-3 and mav as available though they were listed as sold out until recently. Also the firefly and crossfires are now available there too (they were listed as coming soon). As always, I make no promises.

#82271 The "lazy Boy" Nitefinder Mod

Posted by euphemism on 23 May 2006 - 04:40 PM in Modifications

1. The OD of CPVC is too great for this to work with CPVC.
2. It is advisable to avoid posting in topics over a month old unless you have a very significant addition.

#102489 T-shirt Size

Posted by euphemism on 21 April 2007 - 10:55 AM in Off Topic

I'm quite partial to the XL.

#67191 Switch Shots

Posted by euphemism on 06 November 2005 - 08:24 AM in Modifications

- Dart: Stock micros, micro Stefans, Zeros

It shoots micros, and as far as brass size goes I'd just bring a foam sample to wherever you get your brass and look for a good fit for air guns (slightly loose).

#72901 Supermaxx Buzzer Air Bazooka?

Posted by euphemism on 12 February 2006 - 04:56 AM in Modifications

It would appear that darkshrimp has on in his arsenal. You would do well to PM him.

#72689 Strait Forward Question

Posted by euphemism on 08 February 2006 - 09:36 PM in General Nerf

Private message ItalionStallion or post in his appraisal thread.

#67194 Springs

Posted by euphemism on 06 November 2005 - 08:42 AM in Modifications

I haven't actually opened up a Firefly, but the mech seems enough like the Maverick's that I'd be scared to add a more powerful spring without a really good idea of how to reinforce the thing ahead of time.

Actually, though the firefly's barrel rotation method is the same as the mav, the firing method is more like an NF.

#69864 Spring Or Air Powered Guns

Posted by euphemism on 26 December 2005 - 01:20 AM in General Nerf

I would guess than manual is referring to guns like the ramrod.

I hate to go with what everyone else is saying but, spring. What can I say, I love my maxshots and DTBs.

#70352 Spring Maniac 3

Posted by euphemism on 03 January 2006 - 09:23 AM in Nerf Wars

Well of course IF I can comandeer a car or two to Lexington I will take that route, but it is very possible that a car and driver (magazine? no) will not be availible to me. It would seem that when it comes to driving people, I am not the only lazy bastard in my family.

#80639 Spring Maniac 3

Posted by euphemism on 23 April 2006 - 12:31 AM in Nerf Wars

"Saturday: partly cloudy. Highs in the lower 60s"
I think you were reading the forecast for the 22nd, I don't think anyone forecasts over 7 days anyway.

EDIT: Wait, you were talking about the 22nd. Why?

#70278 Spring Maniac 3

Posted by euphemism on 02 January 2006 - 01:39 PM in Nerf Wars

Ok, I was thinking about this and decided to do some minor research I found that we (Milton people) could meet at North QUincy station (red line) and take the inbound to alewife and take a bus from there to lexington center. The only real question is where to go after that. We could meet you guys there or something, what do you think?