Twitch's Content

There have been 204 items by Twitch (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#157561 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 31 May 2008 - 03:40 PM in Modifications

Another BBB.

The black on the grip and foregrip is Plasti-Dip, not vinyl dye. The red has has a top coat of reflective paint; the first two images show how the blaster appears in normal light.
Posted Image
Posted Image

These images show more or less how the blaster appears when exposed to bright, direct light. (such as from the flash of a camera, light from a multi-LED flashlight, or the sun, on a clear day (when viewed from the right angle.)
Posted Image

Posted Image

#118539 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 06 August 2007 - 08:15 PM in Modifications

My LS, with the side-arm integration...which I oh so badly want to replace with a DtB. the flames are done with some odd iridescent-clear coat. I'm going to paint over it when I get the chance and redo the paint ob because I think the flames currently look like crap. Though in daylight they look awesome, I assure you.

Posted Image[/img]

Posted Image

And my BBB, w/ tactical LED light under the muzzle, and laser level atop. Because it makes me smile.

Posted Image

actually, the laser level actually has some combat use, the vertical line it projects enables me to hold it near the floor, and pan beneath the desks, etc. in the room; bumps in the beam show me where shoes are, and where people are hiding behind furniture.

#278776 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 27 June 2010 - 09:09 PM in Modifications

Viscount Shamus MyCocksafloppin
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

and some UV exposure, to get an idea of what she looks like in the laser tag arena.
Posted Image

#152708 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 22 April 2008 - 09:32 PM in Modifications

Gauntlet Crossbow

Posted Image

#157967 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 03 June 2008 - 09:36 PM in Modifications

My 2nd Rapid-Fire Rifle
The black on the grip, pump, and the very butt of the stock are Plasti-Dip. The red on the body, and the black elsewhere are vinyl dye.
Posted Image

Posted Image

#212623 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 15 February 2009 - 10:45 PM in Modifications

My girlfriend's BBB was starting to wear out, and wanted a new one for Valentine's day.

Posted Image

Because of the recent Cincinnati Nerf Group's laser tag arena, fluorescent paint has become rather popular.

Posted Image

Posted Image
Who doesn't want a blaster that glows like some magical weaponry of myth and lore?

#285334 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 12 September 2010 - 06:45 PM in Modifications

My girlfriend bought me a clear raider, and I've decided to do a bit to make it look cooler in the lazer tag arena my nerf group frequents.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I can open the shell and switch out the different colors when I get bored with the green/purple combination. It's an easy way to Tron-ify your Nerf blasters.

Posted Image

*edit*

There are no batteries inside the blaster yet, nor are there any UV LEDs; this is not EL wire, it's just fluorescent tubing with a thin metal wire inside to help it hold a shape.

#235886 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 12 June 2009 - 05:27 PM in Modifications

It seems many of you have failed to understand how Nerf blasters should really be painted to appear. Eye-raping color schemes are a must.

My girlfriend's at3k as it appears under normal lighting
Posted Image

And how it appears illuminated in the laser tag arena
Posted Image

#223700 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 14 April 2009 - 09:01 PM in Modifications

My first attempt using the Metalicast paint. I'm rather pleased with it, as it looks much better than the images would suggest. I really like the crackles along the surface. I've gotta try Metallicast red crackles beneath a purple top-coat next.
Posted Image

Posted Image

NerfRogue83, you might be an idiot. Why in the hell would you put that onto a Magstrike like that?

*edit*

That is not a vase in the background, holding lengths of brass and petg; It's a bier stein.

#219012 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 20 March 2009 - 08:52 PM in Modifications

My loyal companion to all Nerf wars, the only blaster I've ever owned which has never broken down on me: Captain Bojangles McPoonsnatch. Her hot-pink, then iridescent glitter, and 3 coats of extra glossy finish were getting a bit worn, and most disappointingly, she did not glow under the black lights in the laser tag arenas, she just appeared all black, drab, and boring. She was deserving of better.

Old Captain Bojangles McPoonsnatch:
Posted Image

Sexy, new Captain Bojangles McPoonsnatch
Posted Image

And ubersexy black light illuminated Captain Bojangles McPoonsnatch
Posted Image

Posted Image
She's shown here alongside what has arguably been the biggest source of inspiration for my projects.

Since we've started playing in the laser tag arena, paint jobs in Cincinnati have begun to change quite a bit.

#285613 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 17 September 2010 - 08:41 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

#155520 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 11 May 2008 - 08:40 PM in Modifications

My girlfriend wanted a Big Salvo that was "as bright as the Sun" for her birthday. I told her I'd do my best.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The orange is flourescent, the hot pink is not, so when it is wielded in an arena illuminated with black lights, it looks pretty slick. (my nerfing group is renting out a laster-tag arena and using nerf blaster instead of the businesses equipment.)

#136995 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 23 January 2008 - 05:44 PM in Modifications

The M-NAP: Mobile Nerf Assault Platform.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

A simple concept I admit, but I found it difficult to make holsters for the guns. Now I can use one hand to push these through the halls, and still wield another gun if needed. The next step is a simple one; start placing hooks on the horizontal rings from which to hang extra night finders, mavericks, ammo-bags, et cetera. At the moment, I have only the two gun mounted on it.

Posted Image

P.S. No, the wheels do not squeak.

#136999 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 23 January 2008 - 06:03 PM in Modifications

Twitch, as rediculous as that is...that is seriously awesome.

I LOVE modding like this. Screw being clean and all that. Duct tape shit together...chicken wire...you name it. It's probably downright useless outdoors, but I can see that thing being DEADLY in a hallway. Especially if you took some cardboard and covered the wire areas leaving holes for barrels so you'd be shielded.

Thanks, Falcon. I was going to wrap the thing in chicken wire so it would be less...dart permeable, but the group with which I normally play has the standing rule that the weapon(s) one is wielding in their hand(s) can act as a shield; if I do anything else to make it into a tank, they'll just rise up against me, stage a foam-laden coup (I'm the group's Vice-President), and ban my delightful toys.

It would not be the first time modifications were banned because of my ingenuity/madness.

#135363 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 09 January 2008 - 08:15 AM in Modifications

Twitch, that paintjob looks very clean. Not my personal choice or colors though.

I'm just so tired of seeing everyone paint their guns solid black, and I really like the sharp contrast. Also, I've noticed the enemy's aim becomes impaired when they laugh.

#132574 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 15 December 2007 - 07:02 PM in Modifications

Thank you all for the compliments. To answer some questions, cocking the BBB is no different than otherwise
and I hold it pretty much the same way as a normal BBB, except holding a magstrike handle instead of the Bow's foregrip.

The BBB at rest
Posted Image
and primed
Posted Image
The handle of the BBB slides right between the tank-shells of the magstrikes.
While it's not really heavy, it gets tiresome hauling the thing around for four hours, holding it at shoulder height. To fix this problem I'm constructing a wheeled tripod to hold it, so I just push it around the hallways like a mobile artillery installation.

I can even carry The Ruckus along, if so inclined.
Posted Image
The shoulder strap lets it hang right at my waist, so all I have to do is drop my hand to the trigger.

I have decided upon a paint job; each gun will be painted a single color (black, red, green, blue, and yellow) in honor of it's name: Voltron.

As for my inspiration....well,
Posted Image
may have been involved.

And lastly, the sight that seems to send all the tyros running.
Posted Image

Thanks again, and sorry for kinda hi-jacking such a large portion of the page, and if the pictures are blurry/large, et cetera.

#124531 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 30 September 2007 - 11:21 AM in Modifications

My Disc Shot, not a lot done to the internals, just AR removal.

Posted Image

Posted Image

and my current Primary: Cpt. Bojangles McPoonsnatch
Posted Image
Posted Image

2 coats of mat black base coat, 2 coats of hot pink, 2 coats of iridescent glitter paint, and 2 coats of extra glossy finish. The enemy is usually laughing, and it hinders their aim. Plus they feel emasculated, getting hit by such a blaster.

Posted Image

#132404 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 14 December 2007 - 01:22 PM in Modifications

This thread needs more pictures of mod'ed guns.

My RF20: The Ruckus
That's an air compressor attached to the back. After making extra drums for darts, and modifying the blaster so I can easily load the gun, I wanted a way to easily fill the bladder. The thing can go from completely empty to fully loaded and primed in just under 8 seconds. (great for the zombie-games).

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

I've spliced the compressor into the stock tubing, so I can still use the manual pump if the battery dies in the middle of the games.

Posted Image

After the holidays are over and I have a bit more disposable income, I'm going to ditch the air compressor in place of a 3000psi air tank (Thank you Forsaken_Angel24 for the idea.) and splice a 2nd RF20 after the regulator, so I can dual-wield the beasts. (Thanks to CaptainSlug for this idea.)

And my next "integration." This is just the prototype; if I find it manageable enough, I'm going to replace the zip-ties with various bolts and mechanical fasteners so I can disassemble the gun for easier transport. Each gun will be panted a single color, and it shall be named Voltron.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Yeah, I know Voltron was only 5, but I figure the At3k counts as the sword....

#137691 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 29 January 2008 - 09:26 AM in Modifications

BBB + RF20
The gun's name is Dunkel, but I'm not sure what to call the modification/integration.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#135289 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 08 January 2008 - 09:23 AM in Modifications

Has Anyone posted pictures of a Recon with a new paint job? No? Alright, I guess I'll see what I can do.

Everyone, This is Jules (Winfield.)

Posted Image

Posted Image

My hand cannon
Posted Image
I'll be painting "Bad Mother F*cker" here. If you've seen Pulp Fiction, then you understand.

That's no trick of the camera flash. Yes, I painted the gun hot pink.

I post these with the warning/suggestion to others though; be very careful when painting your Recon. The tolerances on the various pieces that fit together (the base of the stock that clips to the back of the pistol, and the cocking mechanism especially) are apparently close enough that even a single layer of protective felt can make it difficult to work the moving pieces. I glued thin strips of felt on the inside of the cocking mechanism so it wouldn't scratch the paint on the body of the gun. Even after leaving the screws that hold the cocking mech' a few turns loose, I still couldn't cock the thing. As a result, I had to remove the felt strips.
The paint has had days to dry, but here's the result of the blaster being cocked and fired 3 times.

Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm giving serious consideration to dumping the entire shell in acetone and trying it again with vinyl dye.

P.S. 3 coats of paint, in case someone asks.

#141011 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 18 February 2008 - 12:26 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Valentine's gift for the girl I've been dating. (We met at my campus's Nerf war; Green & red are her favorite colors)

#140081 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Twitch on 13 February 2008 - 09:40 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#154444 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Twitch on 03 May 2008 - 06:10 PM in Homemades

Aluminum +Bow

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#163408 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Twitch on 20 July 2008 - 12:18 PM in Homemades

One of my homemade rockets
Posted Image
pool noodle body, foam orb (obtained from McMaster) warhead, and craft foam fins.

Just for you, Groove, I'm sure you remember the D.C. war, right?
Posted Image

I know I could have have just ordered replacement missiles from Hasbro for $3, but mine have the advantage of being bright pink. That and it's launched off a 1/2" PVC pipe segment. (Which can be removed from the coupler, and easily replaced with a shot-gun attachment, etc.)

#154432 +bow: Diy Thread

Posted by Twitch on 03 May 2008 - 05:34 PM in Homemades

My latest +Bow. It's not 100% complete as it still needs a bit of sanding of some edges, and I'd like to have it anodized. I wanted a Nerf blaster that I could pass down to my great, great grandchildren, and this thing should be durable enough.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Anything that would normally be cut from polycarbonate, is instead machined from Aluminum. Special thanks to the West Chester Never Ending Research and Development Society for access to their band saw and mill, and of course to Captain Slug for his brilliant design.

Thanks for your time.

*Edit: Don't worry, I don't melee-strike with any part of a blaster I made at home, I find it helps cut down on the number of people cut on cpvc barrels, bruised, et cetera.

#154539 +bow: Diy Thread

Posted by Twitch on 04 May 2008 - 08:18 AM in Homemades

Bobafan - The inside of the plunger tube is as smooth as any plastic barrel; (as is the outside) there was a bit of dust from sanding that I apparently missed when I took the pictures

Galaxy 613 - It only weighs about 4 pounds

doubleshot - yeah, the device isn't quite 100% complete, and at the moment I have not cut the foam to fit in the grip.

Thanks for your time.

#145066 +bow: Diy Thread

Posted by Twitch on 14 March 2008 - 07:57 AM in Homemades

My +Bow: Lethal Injection

Posted Image
The barrel being cut at that angle (to look more like a syringe needle) does not seem to affect accuracy or ranges.

My Insignia
Posted Image

Lethal Injection in her carrying case; a genuine postmortem bag (body bag), complete with toe-tags to document kills.
Posted Image

#152051 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by Twitch on 19 April 2008 - 04:32 PM in General Nerf

1x BBB
2x Big Salvo
2x Nitefinder
2x Disc Shot
2x SSPB
1x Crossbow
1x +Bow (2nd one is in the works)
2x Magstrike
3x RF20
1x At3k
1x B20 http://nerfhaven.com...04
1x ERTL Rapid-Fire Rifle
1x Blast Bazooka
1x Longshot
2x Clip Tek
1x Doubleshot
2x Maverick
1x Speedloader
1x Recon
1x Firefly
2x SMDTB
1x Air Zone Crossbow
2x DTB

#241709 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Twitch on 13 July 2009 - 10:45 AM in General Nerf

Video from Badwrench's war mentioned in the podcast, demonstrating the game variant "Li'l Berserker."

And the picture referenced when Langley was asked "who's crossbow is that?"
Posted Image

We here at WFYL - THE FAIL Wouldn't wanna leave you guys outta the loop.

*Thnx, Langley*

#243419 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Twitch on 23 July 2009 - 09:04 PM in General Nerf

Episode 8 is complete and available for download.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=34ZTDOZW

From all of us here at WFYL The FaIL, hope you enjoy.

For reference and clarification;

The t-shirt designed by Bags mentioned in the podcast
http://www.zazzle.co...914964676161935

and the "Welcome to the Internet" image mentioned as well
http://i91.photobuck...THEINTERNET.jpg

#246066 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Twitch on 08 August 2009 - 12:24 AM in General Nerf

Too drunk to talk? Who the hell would make that assumpti- oh...Okay, I can see how some people might think that after having... met me.

In any case, great job on getting that episode edited and uploaded so quickly.

#230016 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Twitch on 13 May 2009 - 03:30 PM in General Nerf

Whoo! I'm the one in Maine! Now who in India, Turkey, and China has been listening to NERF?

Apparently word of my brilliance has spread farther than I had expected.

#227714 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Twitch on 02 May 2009 - 07:17 PM in General Nerf

He never asked Groove out; it was a comment he made after the 1st DCNO that he, myself, and my gf attended, which was ripe with poorly chosen phrases and sig'd by a fellow nerfer; slighlty envious of the abilities of another.

#229778 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Twitch on 12 May 2009 - 09:33 AM in General Nerf

As an addendum to my rant about my dealing with UC administration, I wish to supplement my rant with a small portion I forgot to include.

One of the more frustrating points when dealing with Dean Dan Cummings was when he brought up Virginia Tech in the meeting, as though our group and others like it were in some way partly to blame.

His decision to do so is simply shameful; to associate our harmless hobby with something so terrible. For god's sake, we would have been lucky if Mr Cho has brought a Nerf gun to campus. If only he'd brought a Nerf gun to campus. There would have been shedding of neither blood nor tears. The sounds of gunfire and woe would have been replaced with the sounds of laughter echoing through the halls.

I apologize for the added supplement; in dealing with the UC administration, I've found a few things to be simply amazing. The decisions and reasons for banning kids from playing with toys on campus has been quite heartbreaking. I hope that the other nerfing groups that play on university campuses are able to avoid the same abuse the UC club received.

On a less dour note; Groove, they really should have you back on to share more war stories.

Mr. Badwrench, will the rednecks be allowed to use shotgunned Titans at the Rednecks Vs. Zombie format?

#230653 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Twitch on 16 May 2009 - 08:02 PM in General Nerf

BritNerfMogul, I am glad to learn you're one of those with wisdom sufficient to separate their realistically painted blasters from those used in public areas. If the other nerfers I have seen at wars made the same decisions, things would be that much better. I apologize if I offended you. Your name was mentioned for two reasons. The first being, as Badwrench stated, that you do fantastically detailed work, and the fact that you put a great deal of effort into the workpiece is obvious; naming your work would immediately call to mind the type of things which have caused (and I suspect will continue to cause) so much strife and concern. Your work was also some of the more recently posted, and fresh in the memory of others. Your work was used only as the most readily available sample, not because I harbor any ill-feelings toward you.

All the above goes for, Tigadee as well. (On the premise that he leaves his darker instruments at home.)

On a lighter note, my Clarkson-voice I'm sure was not exceptional, though I feel I made a valiant attempt at the inflection and tone he uses. I did not attempt an accent, as I'm positive it would've been horrendous.

On a related note, BritNerfMogul, have do ever painted any blasters in "eye-raping color schemes?" I'm sure they'd be quite the sight to behold.

#230671 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Twitch on 16 May 2009 - 08:44 PM in General Nerf

Oh I know about Clarkson's dramatic pause, it's probably the most famous... in the world. I just didn't recall him using it in the usual introduction.

#231823 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by Twitch on 22 May 2009 - 08:08 AM in General Nerf

We'll be trying Bobafan's NIB Blaster Bonanza game format at Valhalla 2, which will be at least 3 days. So I'm not really worried about it getting boring, since there will be more traditional war formats going on multiple days immediately preceding/following.

#157113 Summer Dcno

Posted by Twitch on 26 May 2008 - 10:01 PM in Nerf Wars

I just got home; what a weekend. I was really nice to finally see the faces and hear the voices behind the avatars. On a related note, Groove, do you always wear that same shirt when you nerf, or is it a coincidence you were wearing the same shirt at the war as in you picture?

I'm still annoyed I left my Crossbow at home, I've never seen so many present at a war before. (Only two members of the University of Cincinnati group have crossbows, bpso86 and myself)

I still chuckle when I recall the head shot from OMC that actually knocked me on my ass; I thought a lower center of gravity made things more stable?

And sadly, I have to admit that Groove, I did not get a head-shot on you. I did however fire a shot from my At3k that missed the back of your head by less than 2", at which point I was informed that you were on my team.
"He is? Oh ...well this is the first time today he's been on my team, so far it's always been see Groove: Fire!"

Badger, I'll be honest I was a little bit disappointed, you're not nearly as old as I was lead to believe; I was expecting to meet an 70-year old bald guy w/ thick glasses and a hearing aid.

and lastly,

"If Groove was a woman, I'd totally have asked him to go home with me tonight ...is that weird?" ~bpso86

#151094 Summer Dcno

Posted by Twitch on 14 April 2008 - 08:05 AM in Nerf Wars

I could go for a 4.5 hour road trip; count me in.

#245514 Nj Apocalypse #8

Posted by Twitch on 04 August 2009 - 07:22 PM in Nerf Wars

An amazing war indeed; it was nice to see another war on the scale I'm used too. I'm currently still in the process of transferring all the obtained video to my computer before I can start the editing process, hopefully I'll be able to get it finished in a few days. As is a common feeling about such large wars, it was fantastic to put faces with so many avatars, names, and the ilk.