Mr Choeif's Content

There have been 20 items by Mr Choeif (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#281289 Nerf Stampede - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by Mr Choeif on 26 July 2010 - 03:26 PM in General Nerf

For a project that is more for the aesthetics than for function. I'm thinking of making the Ambassador from TF2 and was looking for a way to make it shoot with only one hand.

Maybe you can explain how on earth a huge Longstrike with Stampede internals could look anything like an Ambassador from Team Fortress 2, which is a Revolver. Reference: Ambassador

I cannot wait to get my hands on this. Range and mod-ability isn't everything and this will be a mighty fun piece of kit, plus have its uses in close-quarter battles if the opportunity arises.

Trust me, I know what the Ambassador looks like. The plan is like so...
(Long strike - stock - barrel extension) + maverick + some way of shooting single handedly.
Also, this plan is all in my head right now since it does seem ridiculous.

#289493 Humans Vs Zombies Recommended Weapons

Posted by Mr Choeif on 30 November 2010 - 03:12 PM in General Nerf

Scout with LSFG spring addition as my class-to-class loadout stored in my inside coat pocket, mafia style. Extra darts in my other hand.

Carbine Longshot for missions slung across my right side with the Scout slung across my left as a sidearm. Had 5 clips. Worked pretty well for me.

Oh, and running shoes. Probably the most useful tool, besides my brains.

#281216 Nerf Stampede - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by Mr Choeif on 25 July 2010 - 01:01 PM in General Nerf

Based on your time with the internals of it, would you say that it could be possible to fit the motorized internals into a long strike shell?

#281253 Nerf Stampede - Reviews & Internals Guide

Posted by Mr Choeif on 25 July 2010 - 11:58 PM in General Nerf

Based on your time with the internals of it, would you say that it could be possible to fit the motorized internals into a long strike shell?

Why in the world would you want to do that...

For a project that is more for the aesthetics than for function. I'm thinking of making the Ambassador from TF2 and was looking for a way to make it shoot with only one hand.

#290075 Nerf Barricade - Clip Conversion - Mod Guide!

Posted by Mr Choeif on 04 December 2010 - 08:19 PM in Modifications

My HvZ won't know what happened. Thank you so much SgNerf (and pSyK) for sharing.
I will buy two now.

#271011 Nerf War In Mi!

Posted by Mr Choeif on 01 April 2010 - 07:43 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm setting up a group here in MI. We're all MSU students, but I'd like for some variety. I've secured a park in East Lansing/Okemos called Lake Lansing park. There's a north and south section. North is more reserved and "natural" while south has more recreational activities. I've talked with the head of Ingham county parks and he said he's cool with us playing with Nerf guns. Seems that the capital would be a fitting place for a war/skirmishes. It's also pretty much centered in the state. What do you guys think?

#272330 Nerf War In Mi!

Posted by Mr Choeif on 15 April 2010 - 05:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Looks like I'm going to have to call off a nerf fight for this weekend. I've too much school crap to take care of first. I will point those who are interested to a bi-weekly Zombie war that happens in Grand Rapids. Here's the link to the Facebook presence: http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/ev...32873900&ref=ts

Sorry about the cancellation, but for now school > nerf.

May 9th is still on though. Prepare for it.

#271151 Nerf War In Mi!

Posted by Mr Choeif on 02 April 2010 - 08:25 PM in Nerf Wars

I am interested but need more details. I really think some gun limits should be established.

From what I can foresee, I might not have enough time to set up a war here until after final exams, which are over on the 7th of May. After that though, I have all summer. If you're not interested in a full scale "war" and more of just a "stop by and shoot some foam" deal, then I think I can whip one together on relatively shot notice. If you have more specific questions, fire away and I'll answer them as best as I can.

Here's the south park:
http://maps.google.c...e=UTF8&t=h&z=16

As for weapon limits, we don't really have anything high powered (yet :unsure: ). It's all just recent N-Strike gear which isn't all that bad. We don't use any stefans, just the stock streamline ones. No "grenades, no "rockets". These aren't rules that I'm instating, just letting y'all know what the scene is so far. I'm very open to modding, even the rules :P

#271194 Nerf War In Mi!

Posted by Mr Choeif on 03 April 2010 - 11:38 AM in Nerf Wars

Hey an East Lansing war sounds awesome. I'm an MSU student as well. Where are you guys located on campus and do you have any kinda organization yet? I was surprised to find out MSU doesn't have any HvZ or any Nerf related student groups :) Been looking for a group to Nerf with for a while.

I was very disappointed that MSU didn't have any kind of Nerfer group so I made a page on Facebook for it:
http://www.facebook....29789709&ref=ts

I'm off-campus now but I was in Brody for 2 years.

#271237 Nerf War In Mi!

Posted by Mr Choeif on 03 April 2010 - 08:02 PM in Nerf Wars

That looks great. Good to see I'm not the only Spartan who's got a nerf gun obsession. We need to find a place and a date though.

Earlier I mentioned that we could use Lake Lansing Park as a venue. Do you have something else in mind?

#271373 Nerf War In Mi!

Posted by Mr Choeif on 05 April 2010 - 07:04 AM in Nerf Wars

Right now it looks like we can have a bigger war later this year, around May 8th (Saturday). I'm thinking of having my group's first outing in a couple of weeks probably on the 16th or 17th (Fri./Sat.) Anyone is welcome to come out, but if you'd rather wait for the later one, that's cool too. I understand that finding a ride is pain in the ass, so don't sweat it if you can't make it.

As for this coming one, anyone have advice for setting up one of these things?

#272422 Nerf War In Mi!

Posted by Mr Choeif on 16 April 2010 - 07:45 PM in Nerf Wars

I am interested but need more details. I really think some gun limits should be established.

From what I can foresee, I might not have enough time to set up a war here until after final exams, which are over on the 7th of May. After that though, I have all summer. If you're not interested in a full scale "war" and more of just a "stop by and shoot some foam" deal, then I think I can whip one together on relatively shot notice. If you have more specific questions, fire away and I'll answer them as best as I can.

Here's the south park:
http://maps.google.c...e=UTF8&t=h&z=16

As for weapon limits, we don't really have anything high powered (yet :ph34r: ). It's all just recent N-Strike gear which isn't all that bad. We don't use any stefans, just the stock streamline ones. No "grenades, no "rockets". These aren't rules that I'm instating, just letting y'all know what the scene is so far. I'm very open to modding, even the rules :P

I'll have to make a new topic and let this one fade.

#290038 Project Lsd

Posted by Mr Choeif on 04 December 2010 - 04:17 PM in Modifications

And hell, if you mess up a paint job, you can always paint over and start again. It's not a destructive process.

#288292 Titan Tank

Posted by Mr Choeif on 11 November 2010 - 08:28 PM in Modifications

Go for it! I will say it would look cool, functionality be damned.
You originally asked how much air a titan tank holds. In case you still need that number, it's around 350ml.

Thanks Eh_Watt?.

#288240 Titan Tank

Posted by Mr Choeif on 10 November 2010 - 06:03 PM in Modifications

Thanks a lot again guys (and gals?) for all the info.

It seems that I will stick with pumping. Now to move onto my next crazy idea that probably won't work out: :rolleyes:
Maverick's revolver components into a Longstrike; purely for aesthetics mind you.

#288205 Titan Tank

Posted by Mr Choeif on 09 November 2010 - 10:19 PM in Modifications

Thanks for the replies!

The object of my doing this is purely to push what I myself can do. I don't plan to use it in any kind of game, since it wouldn't make it very fun. If I wanted to play paintball I would.

Sounds like compressed air is better then, due to the plastic getting brittle from cold CO2?

#288201 Titan Tank

Posted by Mr Choeif on 09 November 2010 - 09:51 PM in Modifications

I was wondering if anyone here knew the volume of the Titan air tank. My idea is to use CO2 cartridges to fill up the tank instead of pumping. So, any ideas?

#279912 Angel Breech Question

Posted by Mr Choeif on 10 July 2010 - 11:55 AM in Modifications

Excellent. I'll be implementing your design SgNerf and using 9/16" for the barrel. The reason that I'm not using stefans or custom darts is that FBR is extremely hard to find in my area. I've been to all of the stores I can think of several times. Thanks very much everyone.

#279886 Angel Breech Question

Posted by Mr Choeif on 10 July 2010 - 02:17 AM in Modifications

How well will something like the Angel breech (for the longshot) work with stock streamline darts? Is this breech version any more likely to be compatible with stock streamlines? Are there any in the mod directory that are made for the darts I'm using?

http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=18952

I wouldn't want to go through the trouble of making one only to find out that the darts are too big/small to make it worth it. Thanks!

#279888 Angel Breech Question

Posted by Mr Choeif on 10 July 2010 - 02:21 AM in Modifications

Ah, very well then. None of them then?