Silly's Content

There have been 229 items by Silly (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#356460 Elec springer vs flywheel

Posted by Silly on 28 October 2016 - 09:51 AM in General Nerf

I like elec springers more because in general they have more comfortable shells, better range, and a controllable ROF. Flywheels are good for spraying darts down the feild though.

Elec Springers: Lower ROF, more power, generally more comfortable shells, and more accurate.
Flywheels: faster ROF, sometimes less power, Less accurate.

#356461 Stacy: Mag Fed Pistol F.A.R. - First Homemade, Advice Appreciated

Posted by Silly on 28 October 2016 - 12:04 PM in Homemades

Question for tulip: would/does the current iteration of the design work with 16,25,and 35 dart drums?

#356466 Caliburn: Mag-fed Pump-action Springer

Posted by Silly on 28 October 2016 - 03:53 PM in Homemades

Man is that a beauty. Dang. 

Anyway, would the design accept other materials for the handle? Like wood, clear polycarb, or even maybe *ooh shiny* aluminium? 

Also, would you recommend using that Y you are currently as a pumpgrip for other homemades?

#356509 Caliburn: Mag-fed Pump-action Springer

Posted by Silly on 31 October 2016 - 08:12 AM in Homemades

So this can feed/use stock elites right? Also, can it work with, say, banana clips from worker?

#356510 Stacy: Mag Fed Pistol F.A.R. - First Homemade, Advice Appreciated

Posted by Silly on 31 October 2016 - 08:17 AM in Homemades

So can we have some pictures of a prototype/finished product, or have you not made a working physical design yet?
Also, could a stock be attached from the bottom and top of the handle?

#356511 JSPB3D

Posted by Silly on 31 October 2016 - 08:32 AM in Homemades

I wish you didn't have to have a 3d printer for pretty much all the homemades I would like to make. :/

well you probably dont NEED one, its just going to be alot easier. I can make alot of things that are usually 3d printed out of wood with enough time. Like i made a wooden tac rail because someone challenged me to. It isnt as hard as you may think.

#356531 Caliburn: Mag-fed Pump-action Springer

Posted by Silly on 01 November 2016 - 09:59 AM in Homemades

Could this design be "expanded" to work with mega darts maybe?
Also, how is the pump attached?

#356535 Magic Mega Barrels?

Posted by Silly on 01 November 2016 - 12:09 PM in Darts and Barrels

So i was wondering if anyone knows any good barreling material for mega darts? I have taken it upon myself to make a version of captian slug's clip fed homemade that can run megas. Help woth a loose barrel material and maybe a tight feed-able one too?

Pvc, cpvc, and brass are all i can get right now.

#356539 Magic Mega Barrels?

Posted by Silly on 01 November 2016 - 12:57 PM in Darts and Barrels

Ive already used the cpvc for simple 1/2inch to 3/4inch converters, but it is a twist fit. A very, very tight twist fit.

#356571 Magic Mega Barrels?

Posted by Silly on 02 November 2016 - 09:40 AM in Darts and Barrels

MEGA darts are 3/4" (19mm) OD, and most 3/4" CPVC I have tried has an ID of about 18mm.  3/4" SCH80 PVC will often time have an okay-ish loose fit.  The malformed PVC I used for rocket barrels actually fits MEGAs very well.  If you want one, I'd sell it to you.  Additionally, I have found aluminum tubing at True Value Hardware which fit well, but it was expensive.

well i'd think a package from oregon to maine would be pricy, the darts may fit differently, and also, im young, so i have to ask before each purchase of anything.

#356601 Clipaziene Breach (Advice Appreciated.)

Posted by Silly on 03 November 2016 - 12:16 PM in Darts and Barrels

So, i was in writing class drawing ideas up from the dephs of my brain when i thought "what if i took a raider mag well and slapped a breach on it?" And then it began. I was thinking a simple breach with magic pvc, but with a wider opening to accept the mag, and also some nerf breach shaped pvc as the barrel material to make the darts feed correctly. Prototype coming soon-ish. Any advice is appreciated!

#356614 Clipaziene Breach (Advice Appreciated.)

Posted by Silly on 04 November 2016 - 07:36 AM in Darts and Barrels

So far i have taken the mag well from a goodwill raider that im going to put a shotblast tank into. I have also started forming the cpvc to take in the darts.

#356615 Magic Mega Barrels?

Posted by Silly on 04 November 2016 - 08:18 AM in Darts and Barrels

Nah, a barrel tube less than a foot long would be a few dollars to ship via first class mail.  And stock Hasbro darts are pretty much universal fit.

nah im good.

So i will try that stuff that duke suggested, and if that doesnt work, then ill try to drill and sand out some 3/4in pvc to fit it.

#356622 i need some recommendations for modding my big shock

Posted by Silly on 04 November 2016 - 01:08 PM in Modifications

Actually, ive been working on making a bigshock rifle, so keep looking for that to come.

Edit: Its like a nitefinder rife.

#356831 Should you save lock springs?

Posted by Silly on 23 November 2016 - 03:41 PM in Modifications

On the Titan some of the lock springs are beefier than an all beef burger. Theyre insane.

#356834 Snikkas fearless fire cage?

Posted by Silly on 23 November 2016 - 04:03 PM in Modifications

Hey, I was looking through the forums for fearless fire mods, and I saw that snikkas made flywheel cages for the rebelle fearless fire. I have looked for some time though, and I can't find them. Are they discontinued? If not, can someone post a link to the store/listing?

#356838 Snikkas fearless fire cage?

Posted by Silly on 23 November 2016 - 04:58 PM in Modifications

Thanks! I found it before I looked back here, but your assistance is appreciated.

#356854 Best blaster to Mod (fully auto) with PLENTY of space?

Posted by Silly on 24 November 2016 - 06:55 AM in Modifications

#StampedePure!

I would use rapidstrike for compact and power, hyperfire for lobbing a bucket of darts, and brute for idk because I don't have one.

#356886 World first rscb clip magstrike

Posted by Silly on 26 November 2016 - 02:50 PM in Modifications

So, you awake yet so we can see some pics?

#356940 Ammo Counter: The Ultimate Simple & Cheap Guide

Posted by Silly on 29 November 2016 - 10:25 AM in Modifications

Buzzbee has/had 5 round Clipazienes if im not mistaken.
If it wasnt buzzbee it may be airzone.

#356946 Semi auto centruion, with password protection!

Posted by Silly on 29 November 2016 - 03:29 PM in Modifications

I like the idea, but will it have decent ranges and will it still shoot megas?

#356952 Beginners Flywheel Mod

Posted by Silly on 29 November 2016 - 06:38 PM in General Nerf

Number one: it's Dremel or Rotary tool.

Number two: home depot and Lowe's have nice S-irons and dremels. Also a magical place called Amazon.

#356958 Stryfe build, pointers welcom

Posted by Silly on 30 November 2016 - 09:22 AM in Modifications

I would reccomend looking at the MTB (Make Test Battle) line of nerf motors. The Rhinos are 130 motors (No holes in the side of the shell) and Honeybadgers are 180 motors (You need to cut a hole in the side of the shell for them to fit.)

For less work and a play around blaster, i reccomend the Rhinos. Also, they come from Australia if im not mistaken, so you may have to pay a chunk of money for shipping. (I dont know the price, i got mine from a friend)

Hope this helps!

Also, your title says welcom, not welcome.

#356961 Stryfe build, pointers welcom

Posted by Silly on 30 November 2016 - 11:06 AM in Modifications

Trustfires also (in my experience) wear down motors quicker than say IMRs or a Lipo.

#356972 Koosh Vortex Tornado Scans (Now a shell replica concept thread)

Posted by Silly on 01 December 2016 - 01:38 PM in Homemades

I know this is now a pretty dead topic, but recently i came into ownership of a kenner crossbow and some resin casting books. I was wondering if anyone here knows a cost effective silicone mold making material? I watch peter brown, who does castings alot, but i cant find any silicone that is cheap enough to use while keeping a detailed large cast.

#356975 Koosh Vortex Tornado Scans (Now a shell replica concept thread)

Posted by Silly on 01 December 2016 - 06:34 PM in Homemades

I don't think any kind of resin casting is a cheap process. It's got a lower entry threshold than an injection mold, but you're still talking $hundreds. Dig through herefor some good tips as well.

Right now I'm just looking for silicone to make the mold. Then comes the resin/epoxy.

#356977 Koosh Vortex Tornado Scans (Now a shell replica concept thread)

Posted by Silly on 01 December 2016 - 08:03 PM in Homemades

I am not capable of doing that kinda stuff because I'm only 13. Parents would scream that I'm gonna burn down the house.

#356983 Koosh Vortex Tornado Scans (Now a shell replica concept thread)

Posted by Silly on 02 December 2016 - 08:13 AM in Homemades

Well currently my plan is to take a shell, fill all holes, make the casting, then carve out the necessary space. I have made small castings using epoxy already, and I have a makerspace near me if I decide I need help.

#357008 3D printing in Nerf

Posted by Silly on 03 December 2016 - 05:49 PM in General Nerf

Also, less spaces in your post please. Less space is a lot better for the eyes.

#357030 3D printing in Nerf

Posted by Silly on 05 December 2016 - 02:14 PM in General Nerf

Its slightly different, but have you concidered stronger methods for creating nerf pieces? Like CNC or casting? They generally can be less versatile, but they can be alot stronger.

#357044 Long-Strike CS-6 Priming issue

Posted by Silly on 07 December 2016 - 10:44 AM in Modifications

In expansion to blue's reply:

Due to the increased spring load it is reccomend to prime using both sides of the handle because priming on one side acts like a shear and can lead to breaking the priming mech. To avoid the issue, you could use a lower spring load.
On the other hand, you could also install a pump grip to distribute the priming force.

#357107 Hammershot vs Strongarm/Maverick

Posted by Silly on 12 December 2016 - 11:54 AM in General Nerf

Can you add "comfort" to the poll? I love the strongarm handle.

#357120 SM500/Panther?

Posted by Silly on 12 December 2016 - 10:13 PM in Modifications

Hello.

So i will get right to the problem i currently have with my supermaxx 500. The tank is fine as far as i know, but the pump is furiously shattered on the inside. I do not want to try to salvage the tank and pump because i am not experienced in how to fix it yet, so that's going into the parts bin.

What i currently need help with is trying to find a new air tank that could fit into the blaster. Preferably a air tank that is connected to the pump, but if you have proof of some other tank configuration that could work, then that would be helpful.

Here is the thing about the SM500. There is NO spare room where the pump and tank sits. No wiggle room, no space for anything that i currently have. List of tanks that i have verified don't fit:

AT3k
AT2k

Anything bigger than an AT2K tank will NOT fit without shell modification, which i want to keep to a minimum.
I have measurements of the tank and pump and barrel in the form of pictures (sorry for low picture quality, only got an ipad to take pictures currently). *Measured in inches*
IMG_0467.JPG
IMG_0464.JPG
IMG_0468.JPG
IMG_0461.JPG

So far i have asked bobololo for help on this in october which led to me buying a AT2K pump off ebay, which as i previously stated didn't fit. 

My thoughts are that maybe a panther tank (if minimized) could maybe work, but i cant find measurements of panther internals. Maybe that pocket shot or whatever it was called from N-Strike could work, but that thing is not nearly powerful enough for me. 

Thank you in advance,
Silly.

#357128 Top 5 best springers for Nerf wars

Posted by Silly on 13 December 2016 - 10:54 AM in General Nerf

If it counts as a springer, stampede is all the way for me.

#357140 SM500/Panther?

Posted by Silly on 13 December 2016 - 08:20 PM in Modifications

After a few hours i finally found it at the bottom of my 6th part bin. So many Roughcut guts, my god. Anyway, i think that its slightly broken and i dont know if it would still work for your suggested fix of the stock tank?

Thanks.

IMG_0472.JPG

IMG_0470.JPG

#357148 SM500/Panther?

Posted by Silly on 14 December 2016 - 08:41 AM in Modifications

You could try cutting the pump off and replacing it. Or, get a tetra strike tank. That may work.

Well im waiting for ice to tell me if this pump would work for his solution to my problem, and if it doesn't then i may look into the tetra strike tank.

And Ice, the firing stick that is pulled to fire was rusted and broken beyond repair above where i had to cut it. I made sure that it still reaches the trigger, so it will still function if the pump is replaced and the stock tank used.

Finally, as far as i understand i cut on the black line and cram the 2k pump in? Or is it the blue line where i cut?
IMG_1324.JPG

#357151 SM500/Panther?

Posted by Silly on 14 December 2016 - 01:00 PM in Modifications

So thats a confirmation that the current 2k pump will work?
Also, do i just shove it in and hotglue/superglue it in place?

#357156 SM500/Panther?

Posted by Silly on 14 December 2016 - 08:12 PM in Modifications

You really should attach some Vinyl tubing to the 2k pump then attach that to the tank, since it will be easier to get leak-free than a hard plastic to plastic bond. Also if something breaks or leaks then it's a lot easier to just add some new vinyl tubing than cut and re-bond two pieces of plastic. 

I have attached tubing to the tank, and now i am working on how to attach the tubing to the pump, since it is broken at the tubing attachment point, with no nipple to put the tube onto. I think i can make it work somehow, but i may just need to get a new 2k pump (or other pump, i think a 3k pump may work)

#357159 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by Silly on 14 December 2016 - 10:49 PM in Modifications

So I decided to mod the Mega Magnus to make it look like the mandalorian pistol from starwars the clone wars series.I can't seem to paste a picture so your going to have to look it up. I'm looking to make the sides as flat as possible as the lower side's on the Mega Magnus are quite bumpy and full of ridges. Since sanding it would take of all of the exterior plastic, what ways would you guys recommend to fill the gaps?

Epoxy putty or Bondo are what is usually used for smooth/seamless nerf body work. But if your cheap, use hot glue to fill in the space then make panels out of plastic and smack them on, then sand to desired shape. Personally I would use epoxy putty.

#357164 SM500/Panther?

Posted by Silly on 15 December 2016 - 02:23 PM in Modifications

Well when i finish the current fix, i may make/find a new airtank that fits and is more reliable and share how to make it on NH.