themessiahpsg1's Content

There have been 229 items by themessiahpsg1 (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#150195 Your Biggest Nerf Regret

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 09 April 2008 - 10:03 AM in General Nerf

buying a firefly. end of story.

#225244 Yet Another Semi-auto Maverick.

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 23 April 2009 - 10:06 AM in Modifications

Ok, I'm on the fence about scrapping this project and migrating the concept over to a longshot or something breached and gravity fed. The longshot idea would end up with me taking the 8.4v 1100mah battery and firing assembly out of a JG AK47Tac, and using that instead of that weak 500mah battery. Integrating that into a spare LS shell I have will be the hardest part, but still very easy. If I don't end up putting it into a LS, I'll just put it into a breached, gravity-fed weapon. any more ideas will result in me starting another thread with a poll.

This week is finals, and I also have drill to deal with, so this won't happen soon, but when I'm done with classes, the only hindrance I'll have would be drill...

so, hoo-ah, everybody.

#221017 Yet Another Semi-auto Maverick.

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 01 April 2009 - 10:34 AM in Modifications

Sorry for my absence everybody, but I bring gifts of song and bong, but I forgot the song.

An electric semi-auto maverick:
Posted Image
(Wow, what a crap picture...)
I took the gearbox out of a broken AEG I had laying around, and combined it with a spare maverick I found in my closet. A few maniacal laughs later, I had a working semi-automatic maverick. when I say it works, I mean it works mechanically, as I still have yet to formally test it. motor is powered by a 500Mah 7.2v Stick battery.

The only doubts I have about it are as to whether or not the gearbox has enough pressure to actually push the darts out, so I'm eager to test it soon.

#221028 Yet Another Semi-auto Maverick.

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 01 April 2009 - 12:16 PM in Modifications

If i can find a better camera.

#221167 Yet Another Semi-auto Maverick.

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 01 April 2009 - 09:49 PM in Modifications

Ok, well I tried it today, and at least the concept is on track. all I have to do is seal the gap between the cylinder and the piston. Ranges were crap (~5), but the intended purpose is CQC anyway. results may vary from a fully charged battery, and a better seal around the piston lip.

#221025 Yet Another Semi-auto Maverick.

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 01 April 2009 - 12:06 PM in Modifications

If possible, that gear box looks BIGGER than the Mav plunger tube. Just goes to show how tiny the thing is. I hope you can get this to work, but I wouldn't buy an AEG just for that. Up here in Canada, a good one is easily 300$. This is very nice, I hope it works.

I took the gearbox out of a $60 DE M83. not very expensive at all.

#221022 Yet Another Semi-auto Maverick.

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 01 April 2009 - 11:18 AM in Modifications

Probably wouldn't be any lower ranges than the STOCK maverick... :lol: Nice idea, too. Could we get a sharper picture though?

Unrelated note: Have you been stationed yet?

yes, I'm still right up here in my St. Paul base. my deployment should be soon, though.

#221329 Yet Another Semi-auto Maverick.

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 02 April 2009 - 08:13 PM in Modifications

You go ahead and try that, then. I'm not going to tear apart any of my good AEGs, let alone buy a new gearbox.

#109336 Whats Your Favorite Fast Food Places?

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 04 June 2007 - 08:16 AM in Off Topic

icky :rolleyes:
i wouldn't eat fast food if i had to. blegh.

#105826 What Should I Buy?

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 16 May 2007 - 08:01 AM in General Nerf

just me, but I'd buy a Longshot and mod the shit out of it. Chuck Norris couldn't touch my CS-6. the thing is a beast and still has a long way to go before it's finished. go with the longshot.

#106094 What Should I Buy?

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 17 May 2007 - 07:57 AM in General Nerf

The problem I see with a Longshot is how complicated the insides are it can really overwhelm (sp?) most modders.

yeah, but you'll be fine if you just remember where things go.

#109530 What Instruments Do You Play?

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 05 June 2007 - 07:57 AM in Off Topic

I play guitar, bass, and keyboard, i mix, i sing, and i write.

#97373 War Stories

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 29 December 2006 - 06:22 PM in Nerf Wars

My friend Travis was running back to his base with my team's flag, and I shot him in the back of the neck from 70' with my blowgun.

Me and Mobeus took on Travis, Alex, and Freeze (Non NIC members) they had a nice assortment of couches to hide behind and we were pinned behind a wall. WE OWNED THEM.

At my first Nerf War I owned everyone with an NF by myself.

At my last Major war at Mobeus's house, I unleased hell with my new Longshot. I wasn't as good with it as I am now, but I still scared the crap out of my friends.

I fought two people by myself. They each had 3 hitpoints, I only had 1. I was using a Maverick, and as they ran towards me up the stairs with their DTG's, I unloaded my Maverick and got both of them before they shot me.

I ran up the slide on the 12' wooden fort in my yard, and shot the guy inside it with my Maverick before doing a backflip off the slide, and I didn't get shot.

I loaded up an RF20 and a Titan, holding one in each hand. Mobeus and my little brother were waiting for me, and when I opened the door, My little brother ran, and I unloaded the RF20 into Mobeus's face. He did a backflip onto the floor, and I shot him in the ass with the titan. :angry:

HAHAHA! i always love dramatic finishes.

my little shpiel involves My Modded longshot with both clips loaded and taped together at the ends, and my two mavericks loaded with taggers. i NEVER MISSED A SHOT THE ENTIRE GAME. (of, course, no one can hear your footsteps with James Brown's I've Got That Feelin' blasting 10 feet behind you.) plenty of dive shots and sliders, because i'm fairly good at them.

Related? :
A couple years ago, storm, the squirt gun company, made a semi-automatic (nerf) pistol, and it was GROOVY! 10 round magazine! not darts either, like hollow, plastic streamline darts...
PM me if you can tell me what this thing is!

#116734 War Stories

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 21 July 2007 - 10:42 PM in Nerf Wars

A couple years ago, storm, the squirt gun company, made a semi-automatic (nerf) pistol, and it was GROOVY! 10 round magazine! not darts either, like hollow, plastic streamline darts...
PM me if you can tell me what this thing is!

Storm LS-2

10 shot, pump up, clip fed, red light, plastic "straw" darts.

Sucked.

Heavily.

Mine worked fine, and I don't remember doing anything to it. I already shot a PM to themessiahpsg1 describing the gun, which is currently in my basement. All of the glow-in-the-dark darts are missing though, and I have no idea which box I put this thing in.

well i thought it was pretty rad.

#97323 War Stories

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 28 December 2006 - 06:03 PM in Nerf Wars

tell me what your best maneuver pulled off in a war was!

#146249 The Vulcan

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 22 March 2008 - 09:02 AM in General Nerf

I just had a dream where i was mowing down hordes of zombie bob doles with the vulcan.

holy gay on a fricking sandwich.

now kill this thread. lock it, or something...

#155234 The Vulcan

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 09 May 2008 - 07:56 AM in General Nerf

Back on topic.

The only weapon i see some resemblance in would probably be the Breda.
Posted Image

Also, a question: can the belts be connected?

#150921 The Vulcan

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 13 April 2008 - 03:36 PM in General Nerf

Hehehehe, back in the sadle, huh Dave? Still not addicted to Heroin? No? Good, that's real good. Guess I won't feel as guilty next time I suspend you. Don't pick up where you left off, let this thread die.

Please don't joke about heroin addiction. I used heavily back in middle and high school and ever since I accepted christ I haven't touched it. it's not an easy drug to quit, no sir. <_<

#105825 The Tec 9

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 16 May 2007 - 07:48 AM in Homemades

wtf, the pictures aren't showing up.

sounds great, though.

#305069 Stampede Half Gear missing teeth...

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 27 September 2011 - 04:08 PM in Modifications

Any ideas?

It's missing two teeth and it's obviously affecting the cycling of the weapon.

#285733 Stampede Battery Tray And Locking Mods

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 19 September 2010 - 02:52 PM in Modifications

What is the depth of the screws you used to screw the buckle into the body?

#155983 Sportsman Shooting Toys Shotgun

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 16 May 2008 - 11:04 AM in General Nerf

two words: at2k internals.

is the plunger strok really only a couple of inches, like the scout?

#156385 Spano/no Spam

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 20 May 2008 - 07:15 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll try and deter him from coming, but I won't be in the state even. his ADHD/ADD/OCD might help and cause him to forget it altogether, or so I hope...

#155155 Spano/no Spam

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 08 May 2008 - 07:55 AM in Nerf Wars

I haven't the slightest clue as to why I've been put down as attending.

I would love to, but I'm shipping out to BCT June 10th.

#155253 Spano/no Spam

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 09 May 2008 - 02:01 PM in Nerf Wars

Since I won't be able to come and show you lot how to play Nerf, I am working on getting the pair that was with me at MNNO to play in my stead. One has no tact, and the other has no fear. B)

#148536 Southern Minnesota War

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 01 April 2008 - 08:22 AM in Nerf Wars

Ya bitch, yah. i live in south st. paul, soooo... where would you hold it?

#97319 South St Paul, MN

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 28 December 2006 - 04:36 PM in Nerf Wars

i, uh, may have chose the wrong word to describe it...
i'll rectify that now by replacing sparring group(by which i mean battling each other with anything that's plastic, rubber or shoots thing.) with crazy ass posse that shoots random people in the street with my longshot whilst riding on the back of a RIDING MOWER.

as for my location, 'having sex' with my CS-6 is one of two things:

1) Display of Material, not sexual, infatuation with my hell bringer.

2) another way of saying i'm always fucking with it(modding and such...)

sorry for the confusion.

Disturbing area? whaddya mean?

and fyi, i'm not hetero...

Sorry, i couldn't find the edit button earlier... DON'T BAN ME, PLEASE, I'M NOT that RETARDED!

#97234 South St Paul, MN

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 27 December 2006 - 01:03 AM in Nerf Wars

I've started a nerf sparring group in South St. Paul.

#242613 So. St. Paul Surrounding Area (mn)

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 18 July 2009 - 10:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Alright friends, I've decided to let the NH community that this thread pertains to in on something we have been doing for a little over two years, and now our SOP has been notarized and structured to a point where we can actually start to bring more people in with little to no confusion. I've never hosted a war before, although I am the Point Of Contact/NCOIC of our little group, so forgive me if I'm not savvy to the exact etiquette of hosting, despite having read the pertinent thread.

We meet usually once a week in South Saint Paul, unless the majority is sunk with work or other obligations. We have our own set of rules that are basically notarized, but still in progress. The theater of operation is approximately 1 1/2 square blocks; a mixed suburban/forest scenario.

For details, you can call my cell: 612-559-4894

Rally on me, hoo-ah!

http://maps.google.c...29&z=16&iwloc=A

#242774 So. St. Paul Surrounding Area (mn)

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 19 July 2009 - 06:43 PM in Nerf Wars

Holy shit, it's Messiah. I'm probably down for something like this. This is closer than the other venues. If you're interested, you could come to a major war we are having next weekend. There is a thread about it. Glad to see you're still here.

good to see you broseph. My expected scheduled deployment is october of next year.
I can't do shit friday night or saturday, but I'll see if any of my team is interested.

link to the thread please?

Also, I would like to attempt to collect SN's of those who are interested in attending our little soirees.

#242618 So. St. Paul Surrounding Area (mn)

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 18 July 2009 - 11:04 PM in Nerf Wars

I go to school in St. Paul so starting in sept. I might be able to make it to a few of these. I am sort of curious as to where in st. Paul you are. Would you care to put up a google earth map of the area you nerf in?

fixed. check OP.

#111913 Semi-auto Longshot?

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 18 June 2007 - 07:32 PM in Modifications

(ignore this)

#111912 Semi-auto Longshot?

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 18 June 2007 - 07:32 PM in Modifications

a storm LS2 internals would seem to be the most compatable, with a stationary clip and all, but that's just me.

#97375 Rf20 Ideas

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 29 December 2006 - 06:52 PM in General Nerf

1) Somehow replacing that stupid rotating thing with a chain gun type thing.

2) Carrying two or three of the rotating things (filled) and use them as magazines. just replace the thing it sits on with a metal rod you can stick a pin through.

3) put a 1 1/2 to 2 inch hollow tube on the end to channel the bullets through, and if you put a handle on it, it becomes a tommy-gun! ^^

4) i, uh (shit, i can't think with this playing http://bahsheep.ytmnd.com/ )

i'll post 4 when i stop laughing and puking on the floor.

if you do these, show pics.

#155050 Retirement

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 07 May 2008 - 01:42 PM in General Nerf

dude, marines are awesome. sure, they catch bullets, but they throw twice as many. they're the first to fight because they are the best of the best.

#155154 Retirement

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 08 May 2008 - 07:49 AM in General Nerf

"This is Messiah, the guy who showed up to the last war with 3 longshots, one of which was held in a guitar case."

two of them, actually... :D

#155021 Retirement

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 07 May 2008 - 07:29 AM in General Nerf

"On a crazy note: Think that they will let you put 2 m16/m4's together?"

:D I'd rather dual-wield AK's personally, they're more reliable.

"In all seriousness I think that being in the army is probably the most respectful thing one can do on these boards, dude in my eyes VACC isn't even as respectable enough as you are now."

I hope he didn't hear that! :D

when I come back, i expect 6-packs and white girls from all of you! :lol:

edit: and don't call me sir, i work for a living. but i'll gladly return the salute.

#155069 Retirement

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 07 May 2008 - 03:49 PM in General Nerf

Good luck to you. My dad was a reservist in the canadian army, but this was in the 70s, so no fighting. Stay strong over there. I heard people get pretty whacked from seeing all the madness over there.

oh, don't worry about me, I was a soldier before i swore in. a STREET soldier.

#155029 Retirement

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 07 May 2008 - 09:36 AM in General Nerf

"In all seriousness, stay safe out there. Hopefully our next president won't start unnecessary wars."

Yeah, I hear that...

#155047 Retirement

Posted by themessiahpsg1 on 07 May 2008 - 01:12 PM in General Nerf

oo-rah, dawg.