rawray7's Content

There have been 533 items by rawray7 (Search limited from 12-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#59272 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by rawray7 on 14 July 2005 - 12:13 AM in Off Topic

Edit: what exactly do you mean by "rawray7" having two different user names? If you mean the hash value after the connection attempt, that's normal. Also normal for both machines to be cpu:01 - that's to distinguish the CPUs for multi-processor machines.

i mean my user ID # (1CAB516...) is different on the other computer (1CAC412...). maybe that number regenerates every time...i should write it down. once the other computer finishes a work unit, i'm sure i can troubleshoot it. i know i spelled the name the same way.

#59195 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by rawray7 on 13 July 2005 - 12:29 AM in Off Topic

about two days ago, i installed it on two computers within minutes of each other with the same username, and i'm noticing today that "rawray7" has two different user names, runs two different types of work units, and both cpus think they are cpu:01. this computer shows me things like "250000 out of 500000 <50>", and the other one says stuff like "frame completed <9>". i'm confused on how to consolidate my resources. also, its been like 18 hours since i finished my first unit on this computer and i'm still not on the boards.

#17575 Canada Anyone?

Posted by rawray7 on 30 January 2004 - 02:00 AM in Nerf Wars

No I don't, I live in Califo...

Oh, you must be talking about someone else.

Carry on.

hahaha, you're just the king of subtle ownage, kevin.

#75590 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 08 March 2006 - 08:31 PM in Nerf Wars

1st two weekends of July (1st, 8th) are a definate no-go for me. I know nothing for sure about the rest of my july, but i think the 22 and 29 look okay.

East Coast Sucks. I'm ready for a bona fide feud. Although, there could be some serious controversy if I ended up in New Jersey for the next four years...I could be the first trans-continental nerfer in HISTORY! If I were in New Jersey for college, I might have a serious nerfing identity crisis.

Left Coast Rules.

#84869 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 12 July 2006 - 01:31 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there - probably filming for whoever wants to give me their camera. Or I'll be hobbling around kicking all of your asses. Who's bringing the Coronas?

#83614 Armageddon '06 Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 22 June 2006 - 06:06 PM in Nerf Wars

I will most likely not be at this war. I just got off my cane about a week ago, and while I can walk independently now, I can't move very quickly. If I do come out there though I'm going to go terminator on all of your asses, seeing as how I'm a bionic man now. As well, I'm not even positive I will be in town that weekend. If I'm around, I will try to make it down, but I can't promise anything at this point. This is pretty much the last war before I move into enemy territory (New Jersey) for four years, so if I can't make this I might force you guys to nerf in August. Anyway, I'll keep you guys posted and cross my fingers.

#7250 Avatars

Posted by rawray7 on 21 July 2003 - 06:36 PM in Site Feedback

quick julie! the man's starving for a megaman icon.

taber_man, believe me: you don't need a megaman icon.

#5583 New Jersey Apocalypse

Posted by rawray7 on 10 June 2003 - 10:06 PM in Nerf Wars

cxwq, the people posting in this topic live in the 2% that isn't part of the National New Jersey Landfill Land Eating Corporation (owned by Coca Cola)

#29118 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by rawray7 on 22 June 2004 - 12:12 AM in General Nerf

Ehh, no offense but those guns kinda look cheesy. It kinda seems like they are trying too hard.

Besides that i think the new guns are gonna be awesome. IM kinda skeptical of the designs, but meh.

Thanks for the pics though.

i disagree. that pistol makes up for any cheesy look on the others. the 6 barreled one doesn't look to bad either. that pistol is just soooo cool. i can't wait for that pistol...it's like, cool looking already. very few guns have that quality. (crossbow you have to take off the bow, LnL the top, i guess the nightfinder looks pretty sweet on it's own.)

thanks a load talio...i can't wait.

#15162 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by rawray7 on 28 December 2003 - 01:09 AM in Nerf Wars

interested and busy, as usual. so let's get an array of possible dates, and i'll talk to my people.

#15218 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by rawray7 on 29 December 2003 - 01:26 AM in Nerf Wars

On a completely different note, for the next war, I've decided to use Jon as a walking turret and load my self up with 3 or 4 PC's, this should bet interesting.

finally! someone to use jon for what he really is: a walking turret. hehe, brings back fond memories of "the beast" and it's eternal damnation along with the rest of the homemades, "but spoon said there was a loophole!"

#15303 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by rawray7 on 30 December 2003 - 11:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Hmm, the lone dissenter. What about it guys, who would NOT be able to come if it were the 21 or 22nd? I'd like you to be able to come Ray seeing as how you missed the last one and all.

Ray, you just need to quit all of your extracurricular activities and cease all functions from which you derive enjoyment and fulfillment. It's making my scheduling difficult, ok?

well...there's still a chance i could nerf that weekend. i need to find out what day(s) i fence. it 28/29 is better for everyone else, go for it, and i'll try to make it. you're damn right about those extracurricular activites, i should just quit everything and become a professional nerfer.

#16331 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by rawray7 on 13 January 2004 - 08:44 PM in Nerf Wars

alright, well, i'm for sure not able to attend this one. sorry about that guys.

#15266 Feb YANO (was Hey, Assholes)

Posted by rawray7 on 30 December 2003 - 02:15 AM in Nerf Wars

Hey if it's on the 28th...sleepover at Cx's!!  Or Spoons....

usually inviting yourself over to other people's houses doesn't work well.

i believe i'm going to be in san diego the last weekend of february...and there's a small chance i'll be able to nerf while i'm there, i'll be down there for a fencing tournament. well, i'll talk to my mom about what that trip entitiles, maybe we could rock an SDNO that weekend, and save steve's mom some driving. i'll talk to my mom about that possibility tomorrow. as for me in the greater los angeles area, i'd prefer the weekend of the 21/22, preferably the 22. shit, i'll have my license by then. sweet.

#5173 Armageddon Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 31 May 2003 - 07:35 PM in Nerf Wars

what's the latest with armageddon? is VACC showing up? will the Spoon Vs. VACC invitational grudge match happen? what's the headcount? i think my party will be a total of 5.

edit: i'm planning on being able to do a 'kip'(aka: the chinese get up) by the time armageddon comes around. i think that in a few seconds everyone will realize how cool it is and it'll become the new trend, so start working on it.

#3772 Armageddon Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 21 April 2003 - 08:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Or, I get my Bass petal for my Bass. Which I would love more then anything right now. Seeing as how I want to add distortion to my Bass.

wha! bass + distortion = loser.

During the week would raise tons of ride problems, most kids' parents work during the week.

amen to that, brutha'

I'm thinking Saturday at this point. Nobody does anything on Sunday so that gives people time to recover afterwards.

agreed, sunday is no good for 10 hours of nerf. too tiring.

#4511 Armageddon Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 13 May 2003 - 12:36 AM in Nerf Wars

spoon vs. vacc grudge match? oh man, i am dying to be a part of this.

i think that the war layout sounds great. i should be able to make both dates, and rides shouldn't be a problem. since it's the summer i am aiming at bringing 5 nerfers total, plus or minus three like usual.

#6093 Armageddon Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 26 June 2003 - 11:49 PM in Nerf Wars

yes
4 Deerfield, Irvine, CA 92604

#5722 Armageddon Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 15 June 2003 - 11:04 PM in Nerf Wars

it going to be pretty hard to nerf with only one arm, one leg and one testicle. but at least you'll get them back at the end of the summer from your employer.

i'm still in. 4-5 total headcount.

#5234 Armageddon Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 02 June 2003 - 10:12 PM in Nerf Wars

27 then. this sounds rockin'.

#3598 Armageddon Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 17 April 2003 - 11:29 PM in Nerf Wars

i should be able to make it. hopefully with a full car this time. is the war time going to be the usual 9-5, or the traditional extended daylight savings armageddon war time: 9-6? getting a ride should be fine, and i am really hoping that we can get some neighborhood driving participation besides my dad; but it should all work out fine by the war date.

VACC, i miss you. it will break my heart if you don't come out to Armageddon. Get up off your couch, give your tv a break, and come out here and war. i will do whatever i possibly can to see to it that you war with us in June.

#6130 Armageddon Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 27 June 2003 - 04:05 PM in Nerf Wars

i'm down to 3 total for my group. i have a feeling we're going to have to be ammo-swindlers.

#6040 Armageddon Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 25 June 2003 - 11:36 PM in Nerf Wars

gr00vz0r, are you in LA yet?

okay, we will either be 3 or 4, and we are set for rides...if my mom doesn't get flakey (for some reason, my mom is just as fine driving all the way as halfway, so she's gunna bring us all the way in the morning, and then my friend's mom will get us around 6. thanks for the ride offer though, cxwq.) we'll need a ride to lunch, and a car to put our shit in during lunch, but i'm sure that won't be a problem.

#6044 Armageddon Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 26 June 2003 - 12:11 AM in Nerf Wars

Posted Image

there, i pointed me out.

#5883 Armageddon Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 21 June 2003 - 05:07 PM in Nerf Wars

okay, well...my 5 is down to 4. and my 4 may be down to zero, seeing as how (and i wasn't aware of this until yesterday) my dad is going to be out of town, and in the past no one besides my dad has been willing to make the trek. i've got 7 days to work it out though, and it should be fine. if we do make it down, i promise we'll be sporting some airtechs, and i'll be busting out my blue nerfhaven baseball tee.

is vacc coming or not?

#28523 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 14 June 2004 - 08:34 PM in Nerf Wars

or just wandering around in Lahoya (or however you spell that) both have good places to eat and appreciate the view.

La Jolla.

anyway, sweet. i need to get my dart on and my mod on but you can expect to see me there driving a green minivan full of kids. yeah, that's right bitch, driving. no more hauling my dad down to Irvine for 9 hours, heh. i'll make sure everyone in my car has cash-money for you, and i'll try to bring some soda or chips or something as well. thanks toj.

#28536 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 14 June 2004 - 11:41 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm graduating valedictorian in Junior High on the war date.

nerf could use one of those. good job!

#28420 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 13 June 2004 - 05:21 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll await Toj's response, but I don't think his parents necessarily want to arrange lunch for 18-25 people, not knowing how many will actually show. I'm planning to bring my own food. You probably should too unless we find out otherwise.

yeah, if i were his parents i wouldn't want to do that either, but i just remember him saying something about BBQing. i'm totally fine with bringing my own food.

#28783 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 18 June 2004 - 12:36 AM in Nerf Wars

EMERGENCY VACATION = -1 nerfer

6 MONTHS PROBATIONARY PERIOD ON CALIFORNIA DRIVERS LICENCES ISSUED TO MINORS = -1 nerferbabe

expect me, my bro, and his friend. that reminds me, i've got to mod up a storm tomorrow.

#24422 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 17 April 2004 - 12:05 AM in Nerf Wars

19th sounds rocking. i can probably get a good 4 people total down there with me, hopefully more. about the housing thing, i'll ask my parents about that tomorrow and get back to you guys. it may be a little more likely that i could house groove since my dad's sort of met him, but we'll see.

I'll be filming for a new nerf music video.

you, or julie?

#28384 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 13 June 2004 - 01:32 AM in Nerf Wars

Tojjy poo: check with your parents one last time. we've got about 6 days and 10 hours before people show up, so make sure everything is chill. how much money are we bringing to help pay for food, should i bring any food? looks like my neighbors might have an emergency vacation starting that day, but i think i can still bring 4 including me.

EVERYONE, MAN THE BATTLE STATIONS: GET ORGANIZED - BECAUSE ARMAGEDDON '04 WILL PWN J00!!

#24115 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 12 April 2004 - 08:20 PM in Nerf Wars

right now i'll lean toward the 12th or the 19th. i would be more than willing to pick up some of you East Coast guys from LAX or Burbank provided i've got good notice beforehand. as for rooming, i'll ask my mom about, i think it's time someone other than Spoon and Cxwq housed the out-of-staters.

#24200 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 13 April 2004 - 08:04 PM in Nerf Wars

short shit, if your on the freeway i don't think it'll take you more than 2.5. from my house it's just over 2, and santa monica isn't any farther north than pasadena.

edit: haha, i posted the same thing like a minute after c.

dude: toj's house looks sweet. if we just piled up some of those logs to add a little cover, i think it would be really cool.

#24218 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 14 April 2004 - 12:55 AM in Nerf Wars

We just cut down half of our grove due to root rot, we can use the wood from that and build up bases, (some other children and I can pile it up the day before if we need to).

i don't mean like boyscout forts or anything, i just mean like combine a few of those piles into a big enough pile to hide behind.

just clarifying

#24480 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 18 April 2004 - 09:04 PM in Nerf Wars

And just wondering; has anyone been stopped before for carrying a nerf gun in their luggage at the airport?

if it's in your the bags your checking, i'm pretty sure you'll have no problem, but VACC would probably be a better person to talk to about that. i think groove mailed his guns over here a week or so before coming to make sure nothing happened. i can't say i've heard of any incidents of people getting in trouble for nerf arsenal while traveling.

now, if i get 11 people to nerf in Altadena, i think we can get at least 25 people to armageddon this summer. make your plans now, ask your parents now, do everything you can to make it to Toj's on the 19th.

okay, there is a very strong possibility that i can house Groove this summer. my parents aren't too down with housing two people they don't know, so i someone else would have to house mantis + co. (sorry guys) but i'll know about Groove in a few days after i run it by my dad. Groove, i don't know how long you stayed with kevin, but you can stay a few days maybe a week with us if your cool with a couch, little brothers and a house with one bathroom. i can drive you down to oceanside (maybe 2+ hours) for armageddon. i've gotta talk to my dad (whose on a trip now) to make sure of everything, but i'll talk to you this week so you can book your flight and stuff.

#27251 Armageddon '04 Planning Thread

Posted by rawray7 on 30 May 2004 - 01:35 AM in Nerf Wars

*bump*

headcount?

i've got 4-5 (including me)

#4342 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by rawray7 on 06 May 2003 - 10:57 PM in Off Topic

I don't think I said it yet, but after the trailer, I had a reaction that usually involves a Kleenex for clean-up...

the trailer made you sneeze? are you alergic to good movies?

#4685 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by rawray7 on 16 May 2003 - 06:04 PM in Off Topic

i am going to see the second one later tonight. i watched the original last night, and maybe i am trying too hard to read into the movie, but here: i think that on some level the creators of this movie are scared of people. in the movie, neo is absolutely safe if he isn't around people; because the agents can turn into any person at any time. like in the market scence, everyone there can potentially turn into an agent. pretty much anytime (while in the matrix) neo is around people, he is being shot at. again, maybe i am making too much out of this.

edit: just saw the second one. my hypothesis remains the same. boy was it a cool movie. i don't know what all of the complaints about the 'no story in reloaded' are, i mean, there isn't nearly as much explained story, but there still is a whole new addition to the world of the matrix. i mean, after seeing the first one, i thought that maybe there were (at most) 100 people outside of the matrix. but no, there are billions. the fight scenes are a bit formulaic, but overall i thought the movie just came short of the original.

#4620 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by rawray7 on 15 May 2003 - 12:47 AM in Off Topic

i am trying to get into any theatre in pasadena to see it. and well...there are about 5 theatres playing it tonight or tomorrow thru whenever, and the nights i can make it are sold out at most of them.

#4617 Matrix Reloaded

Posted by rawray7 on 14 May 2003 - 11:32 PM in Off Topic

this is so ridiculous. i can't find tickets for matrix reloaded for any night between now and forever. there are two theatres near me that play it tonight (may 14) at 10:30 PM, but i can't find tickets. i can't find tickets for tomorrow night either. and friday and saturday i can't go. i think i am just going to plan on seeing it in like a month, so that when i see it earlier, i'll be all cool with myself.