Herpestidae's Content

There have been 77 items by Herpestidae (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#224672 Airtech 2000 Pressure Question

Posted by Herpestidae on 20 April 2009 - 11:54 PM in Modifications

Quick Question

What is the maximum safe pressure an Airtech 2000 tank is able to hold? Do not say 5 or 6 pumps because I already know that. I mean what psi does 5 or 6 pumps equate to? Surely someone here has attached a pressure gauge to their system to monitor the pressure.

I know Big Salvo tanks can hold 60 psi but I believe that the Airtech might not hold as high a pressure. I need to know for a mod I am attempting.

Thank you in advance.

#224786 Airtech 2000 Pressure Question

Posted by Herpestidae on 21 April 2009 - 04:54 PM in Modifications

I know for a fact that I have had my AT3K with external supply up to 60-70PSI. Though I couldn't tell you how many pumps that is. I'll see if I can measure it tonight.

Thanks that answers my question no more information is needed.

#228226 Homemade Backpressure Tank

Posted by Herpestidae on 05 May 2009 - 02:00 AM in Homemades

Good work improving on the chaos that is homemade airguns. I can't wait to see the improvements you make on this.

#174856 Possible Source Of Brass

Posted by Herpestidae on 04 September 2008 - 12:43 AM in General Nerf

So I was really bored and decided to try and find a new source of brass online. The good news is that I think I did manage to find one although I have not tried to order anything off of it yet.

http://www.idealtrue...es?sfs=54d02b1a

It is not as nice as Mcmaster Carr but they do seem to carry several sizes of brass. The price with shipping is a little high if you are just ordering a few feet but if you wanted to buy a large amount of it (let's face it I know I would use a large amount of it) then it not so bad.

Just thought I would share what I found and perhaps someone else can tells us if this company is reputable or not.

#181726 Crossbow Compared To Ertl Pump Shotgun?

Posted by Herpestidae on 05 October 2008 - 03:03 PM in General Nerf

Wow! In my mind I have never compared the two but now that you bring it up... I have no clue. That is a close one. I have a Pump Action Shotgun but not a crossbow. I am really going to take this into consideration.

What the hell are you taking into consideration?

#153965 Roto Rocket

Posted by Herpestidae on 30 April 2008 - 01:44 AM in General Nerf

I have been saving my first post for a good mod but instead it appears I have to waste it on a question which will probably get me made fun of. Oh well. So I have taken a liking to the National Geographic Roto Rocket as something to have some fun with and am going to get one off of Amazon. However when I was looking around I noticed that there is another brand called Uncle Milton that makes what looks like the same gun. The descriptions are slightly different but they seem to be the same. The Uncle Milton one is 6 dollars cheaper and you can get free shipping (which the big salvo has also and I have been looking for an excuse to buy one of those) but I don't want to waste time and money on something that is junk. So I ask you all...is there a difference that anyone knows of?

National Geographic Roto Rocket
http://www.amazon.co...09537233&sr=1-2

Uncle Milton Roto Rocket
http://www.amazon.co...09537233&sr=1-1

Thank you in advance everyone!

#164876 Official Humans Vs. Zombies Forums Now Online!

Posted by Herpestidae on 27 July 2008 - 10:35 PM in General Nerf

Nice Find! My scumbag of a roommate already signed up for it and yet failed to tell me about it. Lame!

#225197 Need Help With Modding A Tek 6

Posted by Herpestidae on 22 April 2009 - 11:01 PM in Modifications

Are you getting a good seal between the turret and the plunger?

Also copper doesn't work for a barrel material. CPVC, Brass, or PETG is much better. Just make sure that the barrel is kind of snug on the dart.

#153999 Roto Rocket

Posted by Herpestidae on 30 April 2008 - 12:32 PM in General Nerf

Yes Baghead you are a dork but I respect both you and Hong Kong Phooey so I have no complaints. The pictures of yours were actually what got me interested in the gun in the first place.

Now I guess we just have to have a race to see who gets a mod for it up first. But since you have one completed and I have 2 weeks of finals and papers to do I believe that you might beat me.

#193878 Quick Q

Posted by Herpestidae on 03 December 2008 - 09:55 PM in General Nerf

Deleted to hide a secret of national importance. Something about poisoning babies.

#227015 Ghetto Magstrike Overhaul

Posted by Herpestidae on 28 April 2009 - 11:16 PM in Modifications

This is the very basic magstrike mod, and besides, you have no pics. At least you have grammar skillz. Use the mod directory.

But all it says in the directory is to put some PVC thing with two ribs in the bladder. And Angel said it didn't work.

If you had taken 5 minutes and read on from the first page Angel posts how to fix the problem. I'm sorry but I really don't see the point of this topic. A picture or two would have turned this into at least something worthwhile.

P.S. Anyhow welcome to the haven.

#195615 Secret Strike 2k

Posted by Herpestidae on 12 December 2008 - 02:41 AM in Modifications

How hard is it to shoot one handed?

#193874 Quick Q

Posted by Herpestidae on 03 December 2008 - 09:47 PM in General Nerf

I did a bit of searching but it's a bit tough to find how much these guns go for or at least what someone would pay.

How much (minimum-maximum) for a New Style SM750, and sererately a Pulsator? Wildfires go for around $20-30 right? Lightining Blitz go for under $30?

Thanks in advance

Deleted to hide a secret of national importance. Something about poisoning babies.

#193392 Cheap Noise Maker To Nerf Gun/

Posted by Herpestidae on 01 December 2008 - 09:58 PM in Modifications

So how did you actually modify it? I hate it when people post things without explanation.

I took off a plastic cover from the end of the barrel thin i took out the weak stock spring and put in the two stronger spring that i have in the picture.

Thank you, I was unaware that it had an actual barrel since you described it as a noise maker. Also clean up your grammar a little.

#194828 Good Gun Combos Pt. 2

Posted by Herpestidae on 08 December 2008 - 07:39 PM in General Nerf

Seriously? Did you really need to make a new thread when you already have another one active where you could have just asked your questions?

I have no idea if you can get a spring to go back to normal if you have stretched it but I am going to guess no.

As for the darts, quit being a baby and order from the net. If no stores around you carry fbr then just order it from the internet. Both swiftnerf and modman have ebay stores and are reliable sellers. If you don't want to go through ebay then I believe herticorp is still selling foam. Either way it can be found on the web from good sellers. Just don't assume that everyone on the internet has been on "To Catch A Predator" at some point in their lives.

#193386 Cheap Noise Maker To Nerf Gun/

Posted by Herpestidae on 01 December 2008 - 09:52 PM in Modifications

So how did you actually modify it? I hate it when people post things without explanation.

#181087 Where's Your Spot?

Posted by Herpestidae on 02 October 2008 - 07:36 PM in General Nerf

I'll admit that place looks awesome but you really, really, really, should look at getting permission to play there. All it takes is one person to call the cops to put you in a lot of trouble with the owners. That being said I don't think they would let you all nerf there for insurance reasons and so stuff won't get broken. However they might let you all come in during the afternoon while there is nothing going on and nerf but perhaps that is just wishful thinking.

Either way I am jealous since I am in Missouri and that place looks hella warm.

#175849 New And In A Slight Hurry

Posted by Herpestidae on 07 September 2008 - 11:32 PM in Modifications

Well that was a quote. took a second look at it and just noticed.. oh well.

For the running thing. Do you do missions when you place HvZ? some of ours require defending points, taking points, and other random tasks we must complete while under zombie attack, so the range is always nice to have in case you need it. Just saying, though I'm not at all opposed to running.

Yeah we started having both human and zombie missions and yes some of them require defending points. In that case get behind some cover and get with some people you can trust. I have found that if you try and shoot too far away good zombies will just dodge until you run out of ammo. However range is nice if you just want to lob shots into a horde but then again the running is best unless you are on a mission then see above notes.

#175835 New And In A Slight Hurry

Posted by Herpestidae on 07 September 2008 - 10:43 PM in Modifications

You know in all fairness if you are taking 60 ft shots at zombies then you are just walking zombie food. Most encounters with zombies take place at the 0-30 feet range. Any farther away than that and you should probably just try not to get noticed or run someplace.

P.S. Just for the record running away from zombies does not make me any less of a man. Which is good because I do it a lot but between two 8-day long games I have spent a grand total of four hours as a zombie so I must be doing something right.

#180116 My Turreted Nf

Posted by Herpestidae on 28 September 2008 - 11:22 AM in Modifications

Looks nice. A friend of mine did this and also integrated a sspb vertically into it. I like the green paintjob though I am not wild about the black lines on the handle because they kind of looked like they were drawn on by a sharpie.

#220910 Nerf Infection/zombies Variant

Posted by Herpestidae on 31 March 2009 - 04:37 PM in General Nerf

At Truman to get geared up for our HvZ games we usually play some CTF then a game we call HvZ abridged. It is very similar to your game only it is outdoors usually in a small designated area (the sidewalks around our quad divides up the area quite nicely). Also we only use socks and once a zombie is stunned they have to run back and touch something (usually a lamppost since they are everywhere) then they can return to play.

If you have a lot of socks then the game is really fun just be sure to get a large enough area to run from the zombies. As Ambience said the game usually lasts 10-15 minutes and really gets the adrenaline flowing.

#173075 Bbb Awesome, Easy, And Effective Mod!

Posted by Herpestidae on 27 August 2008 - 11:12 PM in Modifications

This is well attempted, but nonetheless a shitty write-up. You need pictures to start, be a little more descriptive (you know, past "the big stick thing"), and this has been done and written up more times then days you've been here. Don't take it personally, but a write-up isn't a write-up without pictures.

hey tnks for the constructive critisism(im not being sarcastic). um im new here so can you plz help me on how to post pictures because i have a ton of them

First of all if you don't want to be reamed by an admin then clean up your spelling and grammar.

As for the photos just use a free site like photobucket (there are a few other ones but this is the one I use) to host your pictures. Then it is just a simple matter of hot-linking them to the write-up.

Each site does this a little different but on photobucket when you are viewing one of your pictures there will be three or four little urls in the lower right hand side. You need to copy the one that says "host on a forum" or something like that.

I hope this helps!

Damn. Norther beat me to it!

#173078 Bbb Awesome, Easy, And Effective Mod!

Posted by Herpestidae on 27 August 2008 - 11:44 PM in Modifications

Are you using the one that says "HTML Code - Websites & Blogs"?

If so it should just be a matter of copy and paste.

#183082 Couplered Sharpshooter I, Updated!

Posted by Herpestidae on 11 October 2008 - 05:54 PM in Modifications

Nice job. How is the seal?

#169338 Illinois Nerf War

Posted by Herpestidae on 15 August 2008 - 01:22 AM in Nerf Wars

I go to school at Truman State in Kirksville and I might be able to get some guys together for a missouri war but I don't know about road tripping all the way to the Chicago region. Mainly because we are very poor and busy college students and most of my friends are into the HvZ scene and not actual nerf wars. However there is always hope.

#184402 Hvz

Posted by Herpestidae on 18 October 2008 - 11:30 AM in General Nerf

Here at truman we are up to over 200 people and the game starts on the 22nd.

#187245 Modding Materials

Posted by Herpestidae on 03 November 2008 - 05:42 PM in Modifications

The wires really don't get in the way at all. Besides what screws holding down the barrel are you talking about? There are 2 little ones holding in the plunger but if that is a deal breaker for you then you probably should not mod.

#216020 New Improved Vulcan On My Website

Posted by Herpestidae on 02 March 2009 - 09:15 PM in General Nerf

So you just taped some cardboard pieces to the front of a vulcan. Congrats?

#227425 Nb-2k

Posted by Herpestidae on 01 May 2009 - 01:48 AM in Modifications

That is awesome man and mad props for coming up with something way out of the blue. The only complain I could have against this blaster is that I wish you could have rigged up some kind of trigger so you could fire the blaster with out having to move one hand all the way to the back. Then again this is so novel I really shouldn't be asking for anything. So thank you for some thing refreshing.

P.S. Woot 100th post!

#193914 Quad B

Posted by Herpestidae on 04 December 2008 - 01:19 AM in Modifications

Nice write-up. It is good to see a different take on a singled big blast. Keep up the good work!

#178773 Spore.

Posted by Herpestidae on 22 September 2008 - 12:47 AM in Off Topic

All I can say about this game is that as a biologist the way "evolution" is portrayed is horrible. It is actually a better model for intelligent design.

#164492 Buzzbee Big Blast Mod

Posted by Herpestidae on 25 July 2008 - 05:28 PM in Modifications

Good Work! Simple (and cheap) idea that would be really useful if your shell broke for some strange reason as well as for an integration into something.

I wish I could help you on the photos but I have no idea.

P.S. Welcome to the haven!

#225117 How To Make Koosh Rings

Posted by Herpestidae on 22 April 2009 - 07:23 PM in General Nerf

Hooray a new member who actually seems to not be retarded! Nice work on doing something that I would have never even thought was possible using homemade materials.

#179497 Niu Humans Vs Zombies Needs Help!

Posted by Herpestidae on 25 September 2008 - 11:12 AM in General Nerf

I had an application to create a Nerf society under my university student union, but yesterday I was emailed by the University administration denying my application, and there would be no appeal opportunities .I was instructed not to attempt a new application for a club which engaged in any activity which involved "Nerf". I gave the board a call too and they said they were instructed not to discuss the matter and I would risk an incident of student misconduct if I pursued the matter. After that Finnish shooting I don't see Nerf surviving anywhere near a college of university, best not to Nerf on campus. Talk to your SRC too, I'm not sure of your school conduct policies but what the university is doing could have legal implications.

Hmmm seems like a lot of people are having a hard time getting there admins to go along with the whole nerf thing. I guess we are pretty lucky at Truman, the moderator for our HvZ games is on the board of governors so we are left alone. However Mocky I would go through the student handbook at your school and see what the rules are on toys on campus. I know some schools have it stated in their handbooks that toys resembling guns are not allowed on campus. If it is not that in there I would bug the hell out of that board. Are they really going to reprimand you for exercising your freedom of speech? If so then they are nothing more than fascists and I would call them that. Sorry for the rant but it just makes me mad that universities which are supposed to be the most liberal places in America keep cutting down on the basic rights of people turning them into mindless slaves. If they quote all the school shootings then tell them how much of a stress reliever and friendship building exercise the club is. Once again sorry for the rants I just hate this kind of thing.

#164522 Buzzbee Big Blast Mod

Posted by Herpestidae on 25 July 2008 - 07:29 PM in Modifications

I'm trying to say stick the pump on so that it doesn't fall off when you're pumping. How thick can you be?

I believe he is just saying that it is merely to keep the pump in when moving around. Yes the tape would come off easily if he pulled back too far but if it works for him then whatever. No sense in brow beating him.

#184049 Secret Strike? Where Do You Buy It?

Posted by Herpestidae on 15 October 2008 - 10:46 PM in General Nerf

I get them at the Haistings here in Kirksville which I discovered by accident.

#172214 Quickstrike Mod

Posted by Herpestidae on 24 August 2008 - 11:31 PM in Modifications

This marks my first posted mod and while it is nothing fancy I don't believe it has been done before. Stock the quickstrike sucked balls hardcore. In my opinion this is mainly the fault of its horrible arrow ammo which only flies straight for about 3 inches then veers off course. However without any further delay, here is the mod.

Materials Needed:
Quickstrike
Cpvc
Dremel or sawing instrument
Hot glue gun
Pipe cutter

Step 1: Take your unmodded quickstrike.
Posted Image

Step 2: Using a dremel or any other sawing instrument cut the barrels off flush with the purple pieces. Then take a knife and clean out the barrels of plastic pieces (I actually cut the barrels shorter after this picture but was too lazy to take another).
Posted Image

Step 3: Using your pipe cutter cut two pieces of cpvc to about 3 inches long and set aside for a second. Take your glue gun and slather the purple parts of the barrels in hot glue.
Posted Image

Step 4: Take the cpvc and force it over the purple part of the barrel. The fit will be snug but it will go on with a little force. Finally you have have your finished product.
Posted Image

Ranges: About 35-40 feet using streamlines with hot glue filled tips. I couldn't take actual measurements because my toolbox got left back at home.

Final remarks: I actually like this little gun. The whole mod take like 10 minutes and it a fun little surprise to ambush my friends with. It could be redone using plumbers goop instead of hot glue but the cpvc is such a snug fit over the barrel I do not believe it is essential.

Praise? Flames?

#165131 Fire Fly Problems

Posted by Herpestidae on 29 July 2008 - 11:29 AM in Modifications

An internal picture would help us figure out what is wrong but g-force is probably right.

#172217 Quickstrike Mod

Posted by Herpestidae on 24 August 2008 - 11:38 PM in Modifications

Does it have a trigger or do you just pull it back and let go?

You just pull it back and let it go which hurts its accuracy.

#180329 Marvelous Salvo...

Posted by Herpestidae on 28 September 2008 - 09:39 PM in Modifications

Can we please take care of Killakit Old Yeller style or just ban the little bastard. I have never seen so many necros in such a short amount of time.