pinhead52's Content

There have been 182 items by pinhead52 (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#64562 Youre Computer Specs

Posted by pinhead52 on 29 September 2005 - 11:21 AM in Off Topic

Damnit ompa, I don't even have the worst computer! Oh well.

P3... there are other numbers here, but nobody cares.
512 Mb ram

...that's all I know. Big monitor though. Pretty colors.

#53333 Your Ride?

Posted by pinhead52 on 24 April 2005 - 11:45 AM in Off Topic

Gary Fisher sugar 4+ (last years). It's a mountain bike. I don't have enough money to get a road bike too...

All stock, but I'm getting disc brakes this summer.

#74435 Your Choice Of Weapons

Posted by pinhead52 on 26 February 2006 - 07:33 PM in General Nerf

I would have my maverick, a t-shirt and jeans, one shoe, and two fewer darts than I had opponents. Then, I would win.

#63716 Your Armory

Posted by pinhead52 on 15 September 2005 - 08:38 PM in General Nerf

Hey Quasar, I see there the SM500 from the Small Soldiers collection. That's the first aside from my own that I've seen. I hope you modded it well, I'm saving mine until I know I'm good enough.

Oh, and Orange? Damn dude...

#68376 Xbox 360 Is Out Of Hand

Posted by pinhead52 on 26 November 2005 - 07:48 PM in Off Topic

Here's my take on the current-gen systems. The PS2 was, in my opinion, the best of them. That is until recently. They seem to have slowed their output of really good games lately, and I figure it's because they're getting ready for the PS3. PS2 had awesome games with a lot of replay value, but I didn't find many fun multi player games.

The Xbox was always a fun shooter system, starting with Halo. It was a pretty much the "serious" party system. Awesome graphics and the lack of need for extra shit (memory cards...) made it a plug-and-play nerd party.

The Gamecube was the fun kid system. I'm sorry to everyone I just offended, but with the bright colors and low ratings, that's what it was. I'm not going to deny that I had a lot of fun with it myself, but I also experiment with mild hallucinagens. So it is the party system for either kids or stoners. Of course I still spend hours playing SSB, and I never played WindWaker so I can't comment on how awesome that game was.

That's my take on the systems, and those as well are my expectations for their next-gen siblings. Of course there are exceptions to every rule, like Fable for the Xbox or Eternal Darkness for the Gamecube, but I feel I've pretty much nailed down their strengths.

#52811 Xbows?

Posted by pinhead52 on 18 April 2005 - 08:43 PM in General Nerf

for the basic barrel mod is it hard? the one on the mods page.

Not from what I can tell. The xBow is a very basic gun, just really big. As long as you don't mess it up it's just a big, basic breech barrel mod.

does it shoot megas or stefans?

Either your terminology is wrong, or mine is. From what I know, mega is a size of darts, stefans are home made darts, so there are micro stefans and mega stefans, it's not a matter of mega or stefan. Assuming that you think stefans are micro size, it shoots whatever barrel you put on it. You could mod it for micros, megas, stefans or stock. If you were crazy you could even mod it to fire the titan's missile.

and i want to know other mods

Google it. Type; nerf crossbow modification
You'll be surprized how much stuff comes up. There's about a jillion different write-ups on the net.

Oh, sorry I don't know if it breaks easily, that's really just a matter of clumsiness. But since the design is simple (and big) I wouldn't think it could be easily broken.

#62271 Wildfire Predetor Style

Posted by pinhead52 on 20 August 2005 - 12:24 AM in Modifications

You should mount the whole thing to a cheap pair of football shoulderpads. You could paint the whole thing to look like cool armor. You could even try to rig up the trigger to somewhere on your chest, so you don't even have to let go of your primary to fire it.

Sweet idea.

#75461 Wildfire Help

Posted by pinhead52 on 07 March 2006 - 02:12 AM in Modifications

I had the same problem with my WF once I pulled it out of storage. What ended up fixing mine was the rubber at the front of the bladder (where the air comes in) wasn't connected right. I had to re-do that whole area. Also, check to see if the overflow button at the back of the bladder is stuck.

#74953 Who Are You?

Posted by pinhead52 on 02 March 2006 - 06:50 PM in General Nerf

I voted retard to make up for all the retards who don't know they are... which might be me too.

#48815 What To Name My Nite Finder

Posted by pinhead52 on 05 March 2005 - 09:02 PM in Modifications

8? I got mine on clearance for 5. Tell us what the mod is. Otherwise my vote is the YourMommarizer.

#63712 What Size Pipe

Posted by pinhead52 on 15 September 2005 - 08:18 PM in Modifications

It is possible to crayola a whole Mav, but unless you stretch or replace the spring they'll hold the darts just a little too tight and it won't do you any good. All you can really do with the Mav is a basic peg/restrictor removal and a clip mod.

#70912 What Paint Should I Use

Posted by pinhead52 on 13 January 2006 - 01:58 AM in General Nerf

...back on topic...

I started with my Citadel miniatures paints. But since I pretty much exclusively use metalics, and one nerf gun uses more paint than a squad of miniatures, I ran out quick. I found cheap acrylics at Wal-Mart and the local book store (I live in a college town) work just as well for about 1/8 the cost. But that's just if you hand-brush.

#64455 What Other Sports Do You Do

Posted by pinhead52 on 27 September 2005 - 05:03 PM in Off Topic

Wow, I noticed those too but didn't want to say anything because I learned to fence from a bunch of other drunken idiots, so I figured it was all taken out of a movie (which it probably still was).

Last I heard they haven't changed anything about flicks. Maybe that's just foil though, I don't read much on epee.

#64040 What Other Sports Do You Do

Posted by pinhead52 on 21 September 2005 - 01:14 AM in Off Topic

I mountain bike- if anyone knows bikes I have a Gary Fisher Sugar 4+ (the cheap one...)
I also fence... a little. Not competitively, just drunken. Sometimes we'll be sitting around having a few beers and someone will challenge me to a duel. I only know foil, but I guarantee I do stuff that would be considered not foil... and illegal in all types of fencing.

Oh, and I used to paintball and airsoft, and still do when money and time permits.

#61632 Wasn't That Fun?

Posted by pinhead52 on 11 August 2005 - 12:44 PM in News

Yeah, you had me too. I saw the "server down", but wasn't sure if I was just being banned for general worthlessness... until I realized that the mods here actually have sense. I've been hitting boards like the PA forum where there are so many people they'll ban you for joining a conversation where you're not invited.

#72702 Warhammer

Posted by pinhead52 on 09 February 2006 - 03:23 AM in Off Topic

I never played, but that's because I could never afford a big enough army. I loved painting though. I also liked reading about the armies, since I always hoped to be able to actually play. I had Ultramarines (I know, very noob of me). I find it funny that you played both space marines and Tyranid. The two opposite ends of the spectrum as far as organization and point distrobution. With Tyranids you can get hundreds of low point pieces and swarm your enemy, which happened to me the few times I played with friends.

Still have my Marneus piece. Worthless in game, but the theory for his weapons is so very awesome.

#62184 Vacc

Posted by pinhead52 on 18 August 2005 - 09:15 AM in Off Topic

Usually I don't bother with "happy birthday" threads, but since it's people of authority I suppose I can kiss a little ass...

Congratulations on surviving another year. Here's to one or two more. Happy birthday.

#259942 Trouble Opening A Maverick

Posted by pinhead52 on 28 December 2009 - 03:39 AM in Modifications

It sounds like he's already got the rod removed, so he's just having trouble getting into the barrel itself. This is an issue I still remember having with the first Mav I modded. There are three screws on the front of it, and three on the back. Ignore the ones on the front, you won't need to mess with them, and remove the ones on the back. Then just pull. You should be able to get it with just your hands (assuming you have the upper body strength of a scrawny computer nerd). It will separate just past the part that is supposed to look like gears. Good luck.

#53334 Track&field, Cross Country, Bicycling

Posted by pinhead52 on 24 April 2005 - 11:47 AM in Off Topic

I mountain bike. That's about it. I skateboard when I'm bored enough to, and I play basketball when my friends do.

#53527 Track&field, Cross Country, Bicycling

Posted by pinhead52 on 26 April 2005 - 02:31 AM in Off Topic

Pinhead, what the fuck did that have anything to do with the conversation? Just couldn't see other people dick wagging without getting a piece of the action, could you?...

...There's been a shitload of dickwagging on this site recently, knock it off.

Wow, man. I don't know what your problem is, but it needs to be fixed. You're one of the people on this site I respect most, but whenever it was that you made that comment you must have been having a super bad day. The topic is called "Track&field, cross country, bicycling". I didn't want to explain the bike I had because I already did Here (My Ride), and wasn't feeling like typing it all back up. As far as dick wagging, if you would say that about "I got a mountain bike, and skateboard sometimes", then you must think I'm parading around the littlest piece on the planet. What's your problem with pride anyway? I mean, I totally understand the car thing; I'd drive a bright pink minivan if it meant I had a car, but bashing everyone for wanting to let people know their strengths is just... mean. I'm sorry my little dick disrespected you, I'm putting it back.

#305243 THE TITLE HAS THE WORD 'IDEA' IN ALL CAPS

Posted by pinhead52 on 01 October 2011 - 05:34 PM in General Nerf

This is actually very similar to the game I usually play, since it's usually just me providing blasters anyway. You get used to others using your stuff after five or six wars of you showing up with two duffels of modded blasters and twenty people who, if you're lucky, grabbed a Mav at Wal-Mart on the way over. Game types like this are also good for getting new people into Nerf. I do tend to hesitate before throwing my 3B into any community pile, though.

Another suggestion that we've come up with to keep down time to a minimum is having a respawn location, but if you die you have to leave all blasters you have at that spot. It creates more of a "salvage war" feel. If you do it right, you can have pretty much endless fun with a game like this.

#71042 The Real Arsenal

Posted by pinhead52 on 15 January 2006 - 01:40 PM in Off Topic

That all fits in one gun safe? Is it more like a gun walk-in-closet?

That is a very impressive collection.

#51707 The New Nite Finder Color Scheme

Posted by pinhead52 on 06 April 2005 - 02:29 AM in General Nerf

Oh yeah, I've seen pics. He took the internals from a crossbow and put them into his NF. It's got a brass breech barrel and a spring-clip. I think he powers it with pixie dust. I'm sorry, I'm tired.

#52045 The Jackie Chan Disarming Move Works!

Posted by pinhead52 on 09 April 2005 - 02:05 AM in General Nerf

I n one movie I saw Jackie took the cocking part of a handgun off by fliping 2 switchs. But thats not possible my dad said because he said the swith u got to move isnt that easy to flip. If you know a cop or person that served in the Military ask him for some disaming moves he could give you  a few.

I saw that, but it wasn't in a jackie chan movie, and he used a 1911 which you can do that too, but not as smoothly. You have to push the slide back a little, push a lever, then pull it off, and even so the firing mechanism is still in tact so it can still fire the chambered bullet, but then the contents of the clip would fountain out. I'm fairly certain anyway... if I'm wrong someone correct me.

Actually it was a Jackie Chan movie. Jackie Chan's Who Am I was the title. Great movie. He uses that move to disarm some CIA spy.

No, I didn't mean that what you saw wasn't a jackie chan movie, I mean what I saw wasn't. It starred two black people, one of them was Eddie Griffin (actually the guy disarmed), and afterwards he pulls out the chambered bullet and says "It's ok, I can throw a bullet at ya!". Anyone know what movie that was?

#51705 The Jackie Chan Disarming Move Works!

Posted by pinhead52 on 06 April 2005 - 02:22 AM in General Nerf

I did something like that once, only I just turned it over with my left hand (rotating up out of his) and pulled with my right pinky. I like yours better, because I'm a huge Chan fan. Never gotten it to work though. I'm fidgety in high-stress situations.

#51844 The Jackie Chan Disarming Move Works!

Posted by pinhead52 on 07 April 2005 - 03:13 PM in General Nerf

I n one movie I saw Jackie took the cocking part of a handgun off by fliping 2 switchs. But thats not possible my dad said because he said the swith u got to move isnt that easy to flip. If you know a cop or person that served in the Military ask him for some disaming moves he could give you a few.

I saw that, but it wasn't in a jackie chan movie, and he used a 1911 which you can do that too, but not as smoothly. You have to push the slide back a little, push a lever, then pull it off, and even so the firing mechanism is still in tact so it can still fire the chambered bullet, but then the contents of the clip would fountain out. I'm fairly certain anyway... if I'm wrong someone correct me.

#67349 Super Soakers?

Posted by pinhead52 on 09 November 2005 - 12:53 AM in Modifications

Wurd. I have an original 2000, and have considered modding it for Nerf, but it's just too awesome as a super soaker. It fires like a freaking fire hose! It's got crazy power! But I don't think they're made anymore... I'd be destroying a collector's item.

#52469 Stupid Gun Design

Posted by pinhead52 on 14 April 2005 - 12:27 AM in General Nerf

... and besides, I don't know about you guys, but modding is almost the whole reason I'm in this. I like taking something that has a lot of potential and gettin it there... or exceeding it.

#259306 Soda Bottle Nerf Gun

Posted by pinhead52 on 18 December 2009 - 12:44 PM in Homemades

Let's not forget that the same two liter bottles have been used in middle schools to make sweet pressurized rockets. Since PVC pipe is used for water, and even then rarely pressurized (actually if you do a quick search you will find that the US government has recently issued a warning that other types of piping should always be used in the case of pressurized gases), whereas the soda bottle is designed for just that, I would feel safe building one. I still would put some kind of housing around the tank, though. I don't like putting anything pressurized next to my body. It's one of my four disqualifying adjectives; Hot, sharp, fast moving, highly pressurized.

#52209 Show Me What You're Working With

Posted by pinhead52 on 10 April 2005 - 11:43 PM in General Nerf

Probably about a 100-150', depending on how quickly he gets tired(and how he's skipping).

So the pony's stock eh? When you gonna mod it, and will we get a write-up?

#65598 Seen FF VII Advent Children Yet?

Posted by pinhead52 on 11 October 2005 - 09:54 PM in Off Topic

Blast, you're right... I need to watch it again... at least twice. Why was I convinced it was Rude?

#65559 Seen FF VII Advent Children Yet?

Posted by pinhead52 on 11 October 2005 - 06:39 PM in Off Topic

Not only does the movie's plot rely on the long, twisted storyline of FF7, but little things that only game fans would truly enjoy are riddled throughout the action. For example, between the fight scenes almost all of the popular limit breaks are used. Tifa goes through each of hers in order in her fight with rude, and Cloud covers most of his in big fights as well. That and Rude's ringtone is only truly hilarious to those of us that spent hours slaving away at that game.

#67505 Screwdrivers

Posted by pinhead52 on 12 November 2005 - 12:03 AM in Modifications

Those screwdrivers exist, and they are sold. I know because I have them. I don't know where I got them though, so look around. They are popular among electronics, so I would include Radio Shack in your search.

#62911 Robot!

Posted by pinhead52 on 02 September 2005 - 01:14 AM in General Nerf

You're not far off base. If you think about it modern advances in robotics could be pointing, militarily, right in that direction. First of all they have nearly mastered bipedal robotics, meaning they could build a military vehicle that was not hindered by uneven terrain like every other vehicle they have (except the dune buggy). Secondly, the use of carbon micro-tubes. They can essentially make sheets of diamond-hard quasi-metal that is hardly heavier than some weaker metals. This allows them to make larger vehicles without having to deal with the fact that there aren't really hydraulic pistons that could push legs like that around. After that some of the graphics from the latest mech-warrior games have the physics and probabilities down right, but I doubt they could ever move like that (Didn't they dash sometimes? Maybe it's a different mech game I'm thinking of). Either way, imagine a walking tank. It wouldn't be hard for it to have mounted large calibur guns as well as missiles. Sounds a bit like a goliath, doesn't it? Yes, I've been thinking and ranting about this to my engineering friends for over a year now, and yes, I have drawn plans.

#62781 Robot!

Posted by pinhead52 on 30 August 2005 - 02:12 PM in General Nerf

Dammit! They beat me to it! I've been preaching about the possibilities and tactical advantages of mechs for the last three years, and I'm happy to see that somebody has actually built one. Sure, it hardly steps giving it zero of the advantage the bipedal system should have, but this is a big step towards a totally awesome military development. Thanks for the link.

#334633 Recasting Suggestion Thread

Posted by pinhead52 on 09 October 2013 - 05:14 PM in Modifications

I just set aside money for two. If not just for modding, to fund the idea. I don't know that we have anyone readily available to recast products like this, and if you were to get some of the more asked for re-issues from the older years, I know you would have a captive audience. Of course, knowing how the prop community is about recasting, Hasbro might have some issues, but I wouldn't mind dealing with them.

#334639 Recasting Suggestion Thread

Posted by pinhead52 on 09 October 2013 - 05:46 PM in Modifications

I wasn't so much talking about the components, as trying to push the conversation towards discontinued shells.

#337349 Pressure Range of Blasters

Posted by pinhead52 on 28 February 2014 - 04:09 PM in General Nerf

I think the most important factor in this discussion is one that nobody is addressing; Nerf is NOT Paintball. Yes, if you can somehow get a blaster to fire 60 darts per second at a possible range of 100 feet, that will make up for accuracy deficiencies, just like paintball, but then we take out the beauty that makes Nerf different. Here you have to make concessions, and ultimately carry multiple blasters. You will likely have one accurate at three digit ranges, but it will take almost a second or more to ready a new dart, and another that can put out 20 or so darts in a matter of seconds within "sidearm range".

Yes, you can use pneumatics and any clip system blaster to make a Nerf system that fires and reloads semi or fully automatically like a paintball marker. It would even be impressive if you did it. Heck, I plan to do it myself. Then I'll put it on the shelf in the spare bedroom next to the singled Titan and anything else that's really cool, but would never be allowed in a real war. If knowing that your amazing blaster wouldn't be allowed on a field and that you'll have to work with basically the same tools as everyone else, despite being able to put way more money into the sport than other people playing frustrates you, then please sell me your blasters and buy a paintball marker. Make sure to tell them all how mean we are too.

Oh, and at it's core this is an idea thread, but I'm now part of the problem, so I'll leave you with this; Build your blaster, then put up pics and videos, THEN ask for help.

#83730 Possible Mavrick Mods?

Posted by pinhead52 on 24 June 2006 - 01:22 PM in Modifications

He didn't really touch on this, but if you look at how the Mav is put together, you can't lengthen the barrels. If you did, they wouldn't fit into the gun, and if you took off the front of the gun, the cylinder wouldn't have any support. It basically breaks down into this; If you come up with something nobody's done...

1. ...It can't be done. I'm sorry, but Nerf guns have pretty limited abilities, so your amazing ideas probably won't work. I don't want to be a spoil-sport, but I too had to learn that reality is where your dreams go to die.

2. ...Do it. If it works, then tell us about it. There's only a few people on here who have built up the credibility that they can get by on giving just an idea... and they wouldn't do that. Partially because it's a bad example, and partially because their ideas are worth their weight in gold, and they don't want other people to beat them to it.

3. ...Go to NHQ.

But, the Mav is the popular guns among newcomers (it's why I joined up), so everything that can be done to it pretty much has.

#306451 Please Stop the Insanity

Posted by pinhead52 on 24 October 2011 - 10:46 AM in Site Feedback

It doesn't have to be a technical solution. Don't we already make people send an e-mail or something to apply for membership? We could just include a little quiz as part of that; a few questions about the code of conduct, maybe grammar, on the page where you send the message. I think it would work more as a filter if it's something that newcomers would have the ability to skip anyway, that way before they are even an FNG their attention to detail has been tested.

The only downside is that it will mean more time Langley has to spend reading frustratingly poor writing, but he already knows this.