Aimless's Content

There have been 150 items by Aimless (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#195369 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Aimless on 10 December 2008 - 10:57 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

My prized Big Blast, this time with 12" and 24" of aluminum awesome, McMaster part #1658T49, has the same inner diameter as OMC PETG except more consistent. Will send an 8 gram projectile through 2 unopened soda cans.

#218890 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Aimless on 19 March 2009 - 11:45 PM in Modifications

Longshot, shotgun gripped, AR removal, BBB spring.

Posted Image

AT2k, plugged pump, PETG barrels.

Posted Image

#216049 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Aimless on 03 March 2009 - 12:09 AM in Modifications

Posted Image

Blastfire with PETG barrels nested in PVC.

#172944 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Aimless on 27 August 2008 - 06:53 PM in Modifications

Awesome looking LBB Axlelion! The paintjob looks factory stock if not better than.

My brand new BBB, nested couplers, dead-space filled, and a simple but effective breech.
Posted Image

A shot of the breech. All you need is a hacksaw and files!
Posted Image

As for ranges, not a clue, but it shoots hard enough. Leaves dents in a Dart Tag vest, nuff said.

#169246 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Aimless on 14 August 2008 - 08:24 PM in Modifications

Props to all who post with the manliness to modify a plastic toy.

Nova

Voiding warranties is manly! Nothing is more thrilling!

Anyways, heres my current sidearm collection.
Posted Image
The Diskshot has a RFR spring and a 4.25" PETG barrel.
The Mega Missile is stock except the coupler. The mav turret serves as a 6-barrel volley attachment.
The NF has a NF+Tek1 spring and a 4.5" PETG barrel.

Posted Image
The green thing in the NF is a piece of Nerf ball for aligning the barrel.

#173876 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Aimless on 31 August 2008 - 06:59 AM in Modifications

Awesome paintjob Axelion, thats the color scheme Larami should have used on it!

Well my day is ruined thanks to my parents having a shit fit over some plastic toys.

Here are the breeches I was supposed to deliver today.
Posted Image
Due the inconsistent ID of the PVC, I had to custom fit each barrel to a specific breech, hence the 2 dots on Badger's breech.

#168597 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Aimless on 12 August 2008 - 10:00 PM in Modifications

My Mega Missile in the middle.
Posted Image
Needs a looong barrel for max range.

#167194 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Aimless on 07 August 2008 - 05:25 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
My BBBB's first paintjob. Has the standard mods done to it.
Posted Image
The trigger is reinforced with strips of cookie tin, it's held up to all the abuse so far.

The enamel paint started to wear through so I repainted it. Theres also quite a bit of clearcoat on it now.
Posted Image
I didn't repaint the trigger because the enamel paint seems to bond well with it.

#209234 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Aimless on 03 February 2009 - 03:35 PM in Modifications

I got bored.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#175767 How Many Guns Do You Have In Your Arsenal?

Posted by Aimless on 07 September 2008 - 07:34 PM in General Nerf

Nothing spectacular, no out-of-production blasters here.

Posted Image

BBB, BBBB, LBB, Magstrike, Mav, NF, Discshot blaster, Mega Missile, CF, Single Tek, and carbine LS are in the picture. I also have a Recon and Buzzsaw buried somewhere in my room. All the blasters propped up against my test target (my pillow) have PETG breeches as Im getting tired of juggling barrels during reloading. The Discshot blaster is equipped with of all things an arrow shooting adapter, shoots em about 10ft flat.

#208665 Nerf Irc Room

Posted by Aimless on 01 February 2009 - 03:37 PM in Off Topic

Oh, yes, that was quite fun last night, a debate over the validity of the cake that lasted about an hour or so, then just picture swapping for another 2. So yeah, it was quite refreshing.

#181344 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by Aimless on 03 October 2008 - 09:22 PM in General Nerf

Did anyone else notice the huge distance the handle on the spartan moves? That's got to be a huge plunger. If it ever was made, it would have some amazing power wen modded.

Well if you look, it is also higher on the gun than the barrel is. This might not leave much space for a plunger to fit that would be in line with the barrel. The clip has to be at the back of the barrel (or at least close) for it to receive any real power. Hopefully Hasbro will release the overall shape, but I doubt it would have that long of a handle throw.

To throw a wild theory out onto the table, I suspect the Spartan, if it was ever released, would be a foam shooting AEG, as I can't think of many reasons for that huge stock.

All hail the new age of Nerf, the electric age!

#181595 Nerf N Strike Game Trailer Released

Posted by Aimless on 04 October 2008 - 09:20 PM in General Nerf

Something I noticed about the Spartan:There appears to be some sort of area in the stock,noticed by many now, perhaps a gearbox? There also appears to be a button above the trigger that could turn the gun on? Also, it appears there is a priming handle at the top of the gun.

I also stated something similar a few posts ago. However the main problem I see with a blaster that feeds naked foam darts from magazines is that the breech would eat darts if driven too fast.

#181356 No...really...this Is A Nerf Grenade

Posted by Aimless on 03 October 2008 - 09:38 PM in General Nerf

In Texas? YES! How big is it? Think it would fit in an m16 mag pouch?

Well, from the scale of things in the OP photo, could you cram a coffee mug into the pouch? If so, you have a pretty good chance that it'll fit.

Edit: A large-ish coffee mug.

Edit2: You could easily covert it to an airsoft grenade/mine if you wanted to.

#169632 New Nerfer Database

Posted by Aimless on 16 August 2008 - 12:55 AM in General Nerf

The next time there's a Nerf war in Jersey, hop a train. There are train stations no more than 20 minutes drive from most of the wars down here and I'd be happy to give you a ride (as would at least a couple of the other Jersey regulars)

Thanks for the offer, I'll do my best to make it to Talio's war on the 31st.

Edit:Nevermind, the nearest PATH station is 70 miles from Mill Creek. I can hop on the North Jersey Coast line. Do I need another ticket for a transfer?

#169622 New Nerfer Database

Posted by Aimless on 16 August 2008 - 12:32 AM in General Nerf

Here are two potential Nerf War icons
Posted Image
Posted Image

Too.....corporate. I'm thinking either a star burst explosion like in those animated maps of WWII, a flag, or a fist gripping a crossbow ripping out of the map. Or something completely different. I'm easy.

A face and crossbows would be cool too.

On a side note: I feel so alone here in NYC :D

#173926 The Official Snapbow Writeup

Posted by Aimless on 31 August 2008 - 03:23 PM in Homemades

my parents aren't swayed by padding on darts :angry: (i even suggested putting a 1/4 inch long piece of FBR on the tip) My mom said she'd rather buy darts "from a company that is worried about getting sued" :rolleyes: . I realize this is a change of topic, but do foam tipped stefans hurt anymore than stock darts (please provide evidence)

Ever been hit by a stock Tagger dart from a Titan? Cross-shaped welts and scrapes and cuts from grazing shots. As long as your padded darts stay intact they will be less damaging than stock darts. As for evidence, I don't have anything on hand.

#172860 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Aimless on 27 August 2008 - 01:28 PM in Darts and Barrels

You should try using silicone caulk, it should be dry after a night, and as a bonus, they bounce quite a bit too.

#182916 Eliminator Write-up

Posted by Aimless on 10 October 2008 - 10:17 PM in Modifications

Whats with the black ring on the very end of the barrel assembly?

Posted Image

Have you tried velcroing all 6 of them onto a vest or piece of clothing?

#172643 Primary Guns

Posted by Aimless on 26 August 2008 - 06:52 PM in General Nerf

I don't think anyone has gotten to war test a vulcan yet. Maybe I should set mine up for a round at Talio's war, just for shits and giggles. The blaster pisses me off, but it is still pretty cool I guess. Believe it or not I haven't even range tested it yet come to think of it.

Can't wait to see your's in action.

My primary would either be my Magstrike or BBB, my BBBB if im feeling evil.

#175270 Crazy Prices You Bought Your Guns

Posted by Aimless on 05 September 2008 - 09:43 PM in General Nerf

I paid some INSANE prices on my blasters.

RFR $15
Doubleshot $10
NF $8
Mav $9
LS $36
Recon $20
BBBB $10
BBB $20
CF $15
MS $30

Oh yeah! Retail prices! . I need to shop around.

Fifteen bucks for a crossfire? That hurts in the wallet.

I blame Toys We Be for being the only nearby store that stocks a decent selection. Kmart is Buzz Bee land.

#175247 Crazy Prices You Bought Your Guns

Posted by Aimless on 05 September 2008 - 08:39 PM in General Nerf

I paid some INSANE prices on my blasters.

RFR $15
Doubleshot $10
NF $8
Mav $9
LS $36
Recon $20
BBBB $10
BBB $20
CF $15
MS $30

Oh yeah! Retail prices! FUCK. I need to shop around.

#168976 Why Did You Choose Your Username?

Posted by Aimless on 14 August 2008 - 01:39 AM in Off Topic

i chose my username since my parents hate Nerf and think I'm gonna shoot someone when I get older.

Dude..... you have no idea how it feels being Asian

Well, as this topic has been brought back from the graveyard, I'll add my story to it.

My name stems from my general indecisiveness as well as my habit of haphazardly spraying gunfire in videogames but still managing to get kills. I first started using the name back in my Delta Force:Black Hawk Down days, the game had major latency issues so I compensated with excessive amounts of gunfire.

Parentshatenerf, my parents have the same stigma about anything gun related, but they rather see me modding and working with Nerf blasters, rather than see me spend the summer doing nothing constructive.

#170796 Greatest Game That You Have Ever Played In Your Life

Posted by Aimless on 19 August 2008 - 10:29 PM in Off Topic

Total Annihilation.

#173877 Breathing Plastic Dust/fumes

Posted by Aimless on 31 August 2008 - 07:08 AM in Modifications

To bad (as Badger said) common sense isn't really that common...On topic:
I have safety glasses and some gloves, and good ventilation (I modify with the garage open, but i'm in the back of the garage, in front of the cars, and sometimes with a fan). Mostly all of the time, I don't use the glasses or the gloves (because i'm mentally retarded) so yesterday, I cut my fingers... and whenever I use something out of a spray can (like silicone lubricant or spray paint) I always do it near the exit of the garage. But here's my question:

1.) Can breathing the fumes coming from that hot-glue do anything at all to you?
2.) Can licking the hot glue (to cool it down faster, I don't do this anymore because I use a small cup thingy of water to cool things down now) do anything at all to you?
3.) Can cutting brass with a pipe cutter (the ones that you twist the pipe instead of use force) do anything because when I start cutting, it starts to smell funny, yet I don't feel any "symptoms," maybe it's just the metal scratching against metal that's making that smell...
4.) Can melted plastic do anything (honestly, I'm just asking this because even though I don't have anything that can melt plastic, other than a lighter, e.g. dremel at the highest setting with sanding bit) to your lungs?

Because if any of those can, i'm pretty much going to be really messed up in the future because I do breathe fumes from the hot glue gun (because I don't constantly/frequently turn it off/on alot, usually I just leave it on). Or (now I don't) "used to" lick the hot glue, and sometimes, when it just happens, maybe because of the wind or something, the fumes from those aerosol (spelling?) cans get into my lungs.
Oh, and I don't really breathe in the plastic dust because usually plastic from PCV pipe is too thick, coarse, whatever the word is... to breathe in.

Unless you're constantly breathing those things in for LONG periods of time, you shouldn't have a problem.

#172904 What Was Your First Nerf Gun?

Posted by Aimless on 27 August 2008 - 05:28 PM in General Nerf

My first Nerf Gun was an SM750. I wish I knew what the HELL happened to that thing. Also, I wish I bought an SM5K and an Sm1.5K then too...

My first nerf gun was a SM500/sm5k pack. I still use these guns to this day but am too afraid to mod them as i feel ill break at least the sm500.

Seems that most of the people I know had SuperMaxx blasters as their first ones, damn I miss my SM1.5k :)

#174939 Slide Breech Rev.3

Posted by Aimless on 04 September 2008 - 06:21 PM in Darts and Barrels

How does your new barrel material compare to say OMC's thick wall PETG, mostly ID-wise?

I assume Slug is using the 1/2"ID 5/8"OD petg tubing from McMaster so it's a tighter fit on darts. If you want a barrel material with the same ID as OMC's thickwall, then look for part #1658T49 on McMaster, .527"ID and 5/8"OD, aluminum tubing.

#179817 Other Projects

Posted by Aimless on 26 September 2008 - 08:33 PM in Off Topic

It crashes once it goes fullscreen.

Edit: Heres a screen cap for reference.
Posted Image
It managed to startup ONCE, but it hasn't worked since.
I also tried using the Windows compatibility modes, none worked.

#179560 Other Projects

Posted by Aimless on 25 September 2008 - 04:37 PM in Off Topic

Well not legaly........ :blush:

RAMBO is beta testing it does any one else want to?

Ohh so your a nerf gun making urban farmer, thats awesome.

I'll be happy and willing to be one of your beta testers.

Edit: System specs for reference, AMD Athlon64 3700+, 1GB ram, ATI X800 128MB, Windows XP 32bit.

#179162 Other Projects

Posted by Aimless on 23 September 2008 - 06:05 PM in Off Topic

I make games too.
My Current Project
PHARO HUNTER:Lost in Time

Posted ImagePosted Image

If there are any publishers out there please help me. :rolleyes:
Wait, Carbon, are you a farmer?

A quick question, is it a stand-alone game or a mod for an existing game?

Btw, is that a Glock 18 in the pic?

#172908 Other Projects

Posted by Aimless on 27 August 2008 - 05:40 PM in Off Topic

Well, it isn't really a project so to say, but more of a series of projects. I speak of my photography.
Posted Image

Larger version at my Deviant Art

#167723 Nova's Recon Mod.

Posted by Aimless on 10 August 2008 - 02:10 AM in Modifications

Great work! I would mod my Recon, but with just an AR removal it's almost loud enough to need earplugs. So how loud is yours when you fire it?

#173871 Last Minute Nj Nerf War

Posted by Aimless on 31 August 2008 - 06:23 AM in Nerf Wars

Unable to make it due to unforseen crap, Splitlip, Badger, Nerfonfier, I'm going to ship the breeches to you, PM me to make arrangements.

#172180 Last Minute Nj Nerf War

Posted by Aimless on 24 August 2008 - 09:33 PM in Nerf Wars

Just a quick question, will there be anyone selling darts at the event?

#171114 Last Minute Nj Nerf War

Posted by Aimless on 20 August 2008 - 10:08 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be attending, might bring a friend.

#172248 Last Minute Nj Nerf War

Posted by Aimless on 25 August 2008 - 02:03 AM in Nerf Wars

Just a quick question, will there be anyone selling darts at the event?

Stefans or stock?

Stefans.

Edit: Also, will anyone be using BBB arrows and the like? I might need an extra one or two.

Edit2: Would a Crossfire shield count as a valid shield?

#172853 Last Minute Nj Nerf War

Posted by Aimless on 27 August 2008 - 01:16 PM in Nerf Wars

I can sell you some BBB arrows, and maybe some stefans. I'm not sure of my supplies as of right now.

Excellent, as I plan on playing a round using only arrows.

#172948 Last Minute Nj Nerf War

Posted by Aimless on 27 August 2008 - 06:57 PM in Nerf Wars

Would a Mega Missile count as a pistol? :lol:

No. A pistol round involves single-shot springers. The Mega Missile is a pump gun for one thing, and just because it is small, it is still not a pistol.

Damn, oh well, then fear my arrow shootin' NF! :lol:

#172882 Last Minute Nj Nerf War

Posted by Aimless on 27 August 2008 - 03:25 PM in Nerf Wars

You know now that you opened your mouth, you're going to run right into one of those arrows during a pistol round, right?

Would a Mega Missile count as a pistol? :P

#174034 Last Minute Nj Nerf War

Posted by Aimless on 31 August 2008 - 10:55 PM in Nerf Wars

Ah, please, tell me more so I can RAGE about how I couldn't go.