ejrasmussen's Content

There have been 175 items by ejrasmussen (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#133148 Automatic Realoader

Posted by ejrasmussen on 19 December 2007 - 10:34 PM in Modifications

i was looking at some of my nerf guns the other day, and i saw that slide type guns look as if that they could be modded to have a little motor that would slide the air compressing mech back.

this probably wouldnt work because of that it would have to be able to switch back to the front of the gun.

i think that i might try this in christmas break,if you have any questions, comments, flame, or advice please post.

EJ

#133152 Automatic Realoader

Posted by ejrasmussen on 19 December 2007 - 10:47 PM in Modifications

Sounds like a good idea, but you're going to need a very powerful motor for the size, and that means big, heavy batteries or a very long extension cord. You might have better luck with an air tank.

Some advise:
Clean up punctuation and grammar
Don't post "idea / concept" threads

I like a thinker and I would hate to see you banned.

OK, i will think before i post now on.
What do you mean by "You might have better luck with an air tank"

#133156 Automatic Realoader

Posted by ejrasmussen on 19 December 2007 - 10:58 PM in Modifications

Sounds pretty cool. Although, it'd be a given that you can cock it faster, and it might just be me, but I pretty much only use single shot springers, so I reload and cock the gun after ever shot, and it would just screw me up completely not having to cock it.

Welcome to the 'Haven, and I look foreword to the finished product.

I agree with you, it would be very aqward to use. I always wanted a dart gun would act and work like a real gun.
This idea came to me because i really hated having to go through the "cock-put dart in-shoot" sequence and wanted a single shot gun that would have very fast reloading.

EJ

#133161 Automatic Realoader

Posted by ejrasmussen on 19 December 2007 - 11:38 PM in Modifications

Won't work, end of story.
There's no motor strong enough to prime a spring-plunger gun without requiring a very large power supply to go with it. Even a small pathetic spring in a side-arm stores 15 pounds of force. For an electric motor that is alot to overcome and the current required is significant.

I always wanted a dart gun would act and work like a real gun.

Also impossible, sorry.

You are right guns that reload themself are very sofisticated and would be preety hard to copy that function into a shell of plastic.

#133273 Automatic Realoader

Posted by ejrasmussen on 21 December 2007 - 12:10 AM in Modifications

When I said I wanted a gun that would act and perform like a real gun I meant as if it would still be a nerf gun with ranges still measured in feet, but cock it self. Specifically for some of the stronger guns because I like to play nerf with some of my cousins, friends etc. but some of them are little and can’t really cock stronger guns.

Last night I had thought about it and thought that I could have a spinning motor attached to a track that would bring the air compressor back.

I’m not so sure on this idea because it would have to be strong reliant and compact.

I’m starting to think that these ideas only work in imaginations but if anyone has an idea or something to say go ahead and post it.

EJ

#133332 My Fake Stefans

Posted by ejrasmussen on 21 December 2007 - 08:10 PM in Modifications

When I was a kid most of my tips of my darts would come off, thus having millions of defective darts I found a solution.

The solution is Tech Deck wheels; they fit perfectly into the end of those long holes in the dart, stick one in hot glue it to the tip and Walla! A dart that fits in most guns and can be used in a long shot without modifications.

EJ

#133373 My Fake Stefans

Posted by ejrasmussen on 22 December 2007 - 01:15 AM in Modifications

This is to repair them not to mod them

And plus you cant really find much fishing weights and bb's in alaska in winter.

#133493 My Fake Stefans

Posted by ejrasmussen on 23 December 2007 - 03:50 AM in Modifications

Sourskttles772, be quiet. Just shut up. You, unless notably being sarcastic, are going to be flamed (unless NH is ignorant). The last 3 posts have nothing to do with the thread so you:

1. Kept the forum off topic

2. Said one of the most ignorant things I've heard in a while.

3. Better be sarcastic other wise, you SHOULD be flamed.

ON TOPIC and trying to forget this idiot

So, anyways, you used what you had to make an alternative design for a dart! Good job!

Also, I hope you didn't weep when you lost your tek deks or whatever they are called.

What was the percentage of loss/gain of range compared to a "normal" stefan or CDTDs?

Using a nf, xbow, anything else like that.

With the guns i have they have been very accurate and long ranged, they probably gain like an extra 5-15 feet. They are not as good as my real stefans but are a good substitute if you dont have moded guns that shoot stefans.

They ice fish in Alaska, don't they?

I live in a city not a village of eskimoes.

#133827 "hybrid" Heavy Rifle

Posted by ejrasmussen on 25 December 2007 - 11:41 PM in Modifications

It seems like the pumping is a bit, aqward is it?
What are the ranges?
Does it get annoying to pump over and over again?

#133948 Easy Recon Trigger Mod

Posted by ejrasmussen on 27 December 2007 - 03:18 AM in Modifications

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT?????????

If you can get a hold of another one can i buy it from you?

#134915 Nerfing In Make Magazine?

Posted by ejrasmussen on 04 January 2008 - 03:42 AM in General Nerf

If this arcticle comes through i think we should have something kinda self explainitory and not with all of our fancy words like air restrictors etc. but as it seems we would have to use that in a atleast adequite mod we should have descriptions of words.
Also if this is posted in the magazine where people like to take apart and mod/hack stuff think how many new brains there will be to NerfHaven and or Nerf HQ.

#134917 Nerf Recon Ar Removal

Posted by ejrasmussen on 04 January 2008 - 04:18 AM in Modifications

I don't have a recon but i was wondering if instead of having the plunger look as odd as it is if you could reverse it to act like a nf plunger.

#134987 I Have Too Much Hot-glue. What Do I Do?

Posted by ejrasmussen on 04 January 2008 - 10:15 PM in Modifications

Cant you just pry the hot glue off with pliers thats what i do and it works very well, but if you do this you will have to re glue it.

Or you could use your glue gun and just simply melt off the glue.

#135226 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by ejrasmussen on 07 January 2008 - 01:58 AM in Modifications

http://i273.photobuc...n/Picture13.jpg
My tech target
http://i273.photobuc...n/Picture10.jpg
My DTG
http://i273.photobuc...en/Picture9.jpg
My LBB
http://i273.photobuc...en/Picture6.jpg
My BBB
http://i273.photobuc...en/Picture5.jpg
My Double DS
http://i273.photobuc...en/Picture3.jpg
My LS
http://i273.photobuc...en/Picture1.jpg
My NF

#135266 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by ejrasmussen on 07 January 2008 - 09:31 PM in Modifications

Ok, lemme fix it.

#135267 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by ejrasmussen on 07 January 2008 - 10:11 PM in Modifications

Nope, only one works for me and thats the one that looks like a Carbine LS with an intergrated Mav. If it is that, it looks really cool. Good job. Fix the rest of the images...

Sorry dude but its only the cocking mech for the ls frontgun...

#135271 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by ejrasmussen on 07 January 2008 - 11:12 PM in Modifications

Hey, instead of posting links, (which is fairly annoying), try posting the IMG code onto your post to have a picture right on the page. Just a bit of advice.

I did that and it didnt work. It was probably my fault.

#136414 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by ejrasmussen on 18 January 2008 - 10:45 PM in Homemades

My first homemade spring powered gun.
Posted Image
After taking off the duct tape like a man, remodeling, and painting it.
Posted Image
Un-cocked
Posted Image
Cocked
Posted Image
The inline clip made out of this 1/2 copper tubing that i bought when i was a noob.
Posted Image

Name: Pulse Rifle
Range: havent measured yet but probably aroud 45-65 feet.
Inspiration:Posted Image
Comments: the plunger system is out of a disk shot gun that I failed horribly to mod and added a nice spring with an extra o-ring.

EJ

#136949 Weird Post Listing

Posted by ejrasmussen on 23 January 2008 - 12:12 AM in General Nerf

Hey, i was wondering if any of you other guys have this happening to you. Whenever i click on posts it alwas puts the replies as links and i really hate it so if anyone could help me out a bit if i clicked something or if its just a new thing on the haven, thanks

EJ.

#136951 Weird Post Listing

Posted by ejrasmussen on 23 January 2008 - 12:16 AM in General Nerf

To fix it, go to "Options" ---> Switch to standard

voila. I had the same problem.

Thanks dude that'll help allot, it was starting to really piss me off.

#137911 Long Shot Homemade Clips

Posted by ejrasmussen on 31 January 2008 - 12:56 AM in Modifications

I am currently working on a homemade longshot clip.
I'll have pics and a write up when i finish it.
Tips, Suggestions?

#137949 Long Shot Homemade Clips

Posted by ejrasmussen on 31 January 2008 - 02:44 PM in Modifications

No you have to mod you longshot to use them(range or rof is not changed by this mod) but i cant upload pics right now cause im at school.

#137951 Do You Skate?

Posted by ejrasmussen on 31 January 2008 - 02:47 PM in Off Topic

Yeah i skate im 13 and can already 3 flipand way more crap.

#139999 Rolling Mag

Posted by ejrasmussen on 13 February 2008 - 05:35 PM in Homemades

Uhh ohh, you better hope VACC isn't around right now.

#140471 My First Mod

Posted by ejrasmussen on 15 February 2008 - 05:32 PM in Modifications

I cant see the picks =/

ya im confused when you add pics it asks for url but what if its ur own pic how do u add them

Your going to have to make an account for an online photo sharing website. Then upload your pictures to your account, get the image URL then put it in the place provided when it asks you for the URL.

EJ

#141470 Long Shot Homemade Clips

Posted by ejrasmussen on 20 February 2008 - 01:20 AM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
it holds 14 darts less than 3 1/8 inches and is very reliable jams dont happen very often

the bottom rectangle is 3/4 inch by 3 inches
the two side pannels are 5 7/8 by 5/8 inches
the front pannels are 3 by 6 1/4 inches
then find a spring of choice make a dart pusher, and walla!

#141616 Long Shot Homemade Clips

Posted by ejrasmussen on 20 February 2008 - 09:22 PM in Modifications

That's made of cardboard.....come on now.

Its just a prototype.

#141662 Ghillie Suits?

Posted by ejrasmussen on 21 February 2008 - 12:42 AM in Homemades

Why would you wear a ghillie suit when you gun is orange and yellow?
I think its a stupid idea.

#141670 Long Shot Homemade Clips

Posted by ejrasmussen on 21 February 2008 - 01:17 AM in Modifications

Thanks Bag's , I really admire your spidey' dart tag gun's but I didnt say because I was afraid of reviving an old topic. Anyways to stay on topic I am making other plans for homemade clips for the longshot and I'll have news about them once I start them.

Any ideas on one?

#141673 Long Shot Homemade Clips

Posted by ejrasmussen on 21 February 2008 - 01:34 AM in Modifications

The spring is by far the hardest part, and probably why you haven't seen anyone make one yet? Have you made/gotten one yet? I couldn't tell from your other posts.

I just took an AR spring and stretched it out with pliers (sp.) into the shape of the longshot clip's spring.

#141730 Long Shot Homemade Clips

Posted by ejrasmussen on 21 February 2008 - 03:20 PM in Modifications

I got a question. What are the dimensions of this thing? For the recon, I mean. I'm not tryin to copy it, its just I've got this idea for clips and was just wondering how big these were.

Thanks -n=mc^2

If you look at my earlier post i had already stated the dimentions

#143031 A Couple Recon Mods

Posted by ejrasmussen on 28 February 2008 - 04:45 PM in Modifications

Hey, even though this topic is fairly new for this year, it is more than a month old. you might wanna be carefull while surfing the forums 'cause you might not notice that the post was x number of days ago.

#143234 Pneumatic Blow (air) Gun Tool

Posted by ejrasmussen on 29 February 2008 - 07:32 PM in Homemades

I dont think they would work because of:
1.the valve is to small to let air out in an instance.
2.I doubt the valve will be able to take so much power if your dart is substantually close to the valve.
3.If you had a tight fitting barrel you'd probably be screwed, if attatched to this.

EJ

#144152 Whats The Best Kind Of Sealant

Posted by ejrasmussen on 06 March 2008 - 08:39 PM in Modifications

Funny how I read this post right after applying some goop, anyways plumber's goop is EXTREMELY reliable if you apply it right and you are patient. It may take two-three days to reach maximum strength. Also it smells way better than epoxy putty, but you should be very careful while putting it on I’d suggest wearing a bandana or something like that. Make sure if you're going to maneuver it with your hands to wash really good because you do NOT want it in your body. Wow im guessing one of you sickos
are going to sig that...
EJ

Oh yeah and i forgot to ask, why this is in modifications?

#144280 The Vulcan

Posted by ejrasmussen on 08 March 2008 - 03:56 AM in General Nerf

Yeah Assassin's Creed got old fast.
I never really liked Bioshock, but the Multiplayer on H3 is always fun.

Ugh I really disliked that whole trilogy it was hecka lame. It just took too many shots to kill someone, but I think we should keep this thread concentrated to the title and not get sidetracked. To all those fags that said you could hook a car battery to this are fucking retards. Bigger batteries don't make the motors perform better they just give you more battery life.

#144281 Cutting Plexiglass?

Posted by ejrasmussen on 08 March 2008 - 04:06 AM in Homemades

In my technology class I use a bandsaw to make curves, I use 7-10 speed.

#144524 The Pulse Rifle

Posted by ejrasmussen on 09 March 2008 - 11:00 PM in Homemades

This is my first working springer. It has an inline clip that holds six darts for greater ROF. It gets ranges from 60 to 75 feet. The inline clip is made out of 1/2 inch copper barrel and is very loose on my darts.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#144646 The Pulse Rifle

Posted by ejrasmussen on 10 March 2008 - 09:05 PM in Homemades

1 It is not named after the pulse rifle and I don't have any idea what the pulse rifle is because im not over 18 and allowed to watch an R rated movie, nor do i think half the people on this site should be watching an R rated movie.
2 I took theese pictures about more than a month ago and have made better cosmetic changes to it as of changing the charging handle to a bit of cpvc adding a trigger and sanding. I don't think general cole should be making any cosmetic critisism if you havent seen his BTG and his RF100 which look like shit.
3 The copper barrel is for the inline clip as I stated and is connected via cpvc coupler to 3 inches of cpvc.

#144679 A Thought On The Longshot

Posted by ejrasmussen on 11 March 2008 - 01:26 AM in Modifications

HOLY ASS!
There's a member on here who ISN'T a guy!
Woah.

I dont think so... The first one that didn't admit they were a girl.

#144846 Counter-strike 1.6

Posted by ejrasmussen on 12 March 2008 - 02:52 AM in Off Topic

I play counter strike source i dont know if that is the same as 1.6 but my cs name is EJ Rasmussen and my steam account is jwrazmo

Any one play TF2, my user name for that is jwrazmo.