wohnson89's Content

There have been 69 items by wohnson89 (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#282994 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by wohnson89 on 12 August 2010 - 11:51 PM in Modifications

My newish Angel Breach LS and a NF to go with it.

It's painted with Duplicolor truck bedliner and its legit!
(gotta love the sheep skin)
I almost want to name it the "The Poop Shoot 4000" in honor of Talio!
Posted Image

Posted Image
I almost want to name it the "The Poop Shoot 4000" in honor of Talio!
Posted Image

Posted Image

I'm no pro at taking pictures but the pics defiantly don't do these justice.

#263163 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by wohnson89 on 25 January 2010 - 06:59 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
My new Nite Finder that i put a brass barrel in and added a firefly spring.
Also in there is a ram rod where the light was and i painted it with spray on truck bed liner.

#256264 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by wohnson89 on 14 November 2009 - 02:11 PM in Modifications

This is in the works still

an angel breach longshot with a triple clip
and all of the decals and markings are gone
that's right, i said a triple clip

Posted Image

more pictures to come once i find 1/2 in. brass

#245449 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by wohnson89 on 04 August 2009 - 01:18 PM in Modifications

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#247009 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by wohnson89 on 14 August 2009 - 11:12 AM in Modifications

Magstrike Twenty
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

link to the write up here

#271392 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by wohnson89 on 05 April 2010 - 02:13 PM in Homemades

I call it my lil' hand cannon

Posted Image

It gets about 70-80 ft

#248925 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by wohnson89 on 28 August 2009 - 05:24 PM in Modifications

Ok i took the advice i got from cannotaim and went to ace hardware to get 17/32 size brass pipe and guess what they didn't have it. :blink: So i thought ok I'll try Lowes or Home Depot. They didn't have it either! :angry: So now where do i go? :blink: websites? lumber yards? hardware stores? other stores?

Did you ask anyone at Ace whether or not they had brass? They usually have it in a little display near the nuts and screws and stuff like that. You won't find it at Home Depot or Lowes.

As for finding it online, I've seen it for sale on Amazon. It's such a well known website that you might be able to convince what/who ever isn't letting you order stuff online.

Yes i did ask at ace but the lady was stupid and said i quote "i like dont really know?" So im not sure. And do you mean like right around the pvc by the nuts and bolts or in a different area than that?

#248957 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by wohnson89 on 28 August 2009 - 09:34 PM in Modifications

thanks for the help everyone im going all around town tomorow looking in all the places you said. :blink:

#248816 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by wohnson89 on 27 August 2009 - 07:07 PM in Modifications

Ok i took the advice i got from cannotaim and went to ace hardware to get 17/32 size brass pipe and guess what they didn't have it. :) So i thought ok I'll try Lowes or Home Depot. They didn't have it either! :angry: So now where do i go? :blink: websites? lumber yards? hardware stores? other stores?

#247255 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by wohnson89 on 16 August 2009 - 05:51 PM in Modifications

ok i have a question. i am working on a really cool moddification to the nite finder, and i got all done and the f@#ing darts wouldn't fit in the barrel well. i used 1/2 inch cpvc from ace hardware. any ideas how to fix it?
thanks.

#247315 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by wohnson89 on 16 August 2009 - 11:05 PM in Modifications

ok i have a question. i am working on a really cool moddification to the nite finder, and i got all done and the f@#ing darts wouldn't fit in the barrel well. i used 1/2 inch cpvc from ace hardware. any ideas how to fix it?
thanks.

Use brass or PETG.

Thanks for the tip but what size of brass for micro stefans and stock stream line darts
(i have no scorce for PETG because i caint buy stuff off of the internet)

#247320 Guide To Barrel Material

Posted by wohnson89 on 16 August 2009 - 11:45 PM in Modifications

thanks.

Use brass or PETG.

Thanks for the tip but what size of brass for micro stefans and stock stream line darts
(i have no scorce for PETG because i caint buy stuff off of the internet)

17/32 brass for micro stock darts and depends on stefan foam size.

ok thanks for yous help

#284174 Community Snap Thread

Posted by wohnson89 on 28 August 2010 - 12:14 AM in Homemades

I just put somewhat of a Snap directory into the first post; that is I C&P'd the homemade directory, deleting anything not Snap related, and changing the color of the member names from red to yellow. Later I'll get to doing some searching and putting in some newer things that Carbon hasn't gotten to yet.

I don't mean to be a complainer but I never liked the homemade directory. I don't care who made the gun I just want to know how it works. So maybe the directory here could organize the info by categories like one for the trigger, plunger head, pullback system. And if the gun is nothing new just have it under a section named simple gun variations or something..... its just a suggestion.

If you're worried about looks, how about shelling the SNAP in something else? For example, an Expand-a-Blast? This one is only using 1" thinwall, hence the bit of 1-1/4" to support the clothespin.

My one-after-next will likely go in an LBB shell. I like my LBB skeletonized, and, after I added a lever trigger to it, it won't go back in the shell anyhow.

Well its not the look of the gun that bothers me its just the trigger. I am most likely going to do Fome's trigger for this gun, accept I thought I might just attach it with wood glue instead of hot glue.

My method is actually really simple.

I see says the blind man.

And my last thought is for the love of God don't put duct tape on your guns!

#284451 Community Snap Thread

Posted by wohnson89 on 31 August 2010 - 07:05 PM in Homemades

To be more clear, my SNAP-1 is a basic SNAP....so, about $30.

My SNAP might be a little different that your original but mine cost $15 bucks. But I didn't use aluminum.

#284047 Community Snap Thread

Posted by wohnson89 on 26 August 2010 - 07:33 PM in Homemades

I know that this is off of the current discussion about the pump and what not, but I am making a couple of SNAPS for something and this thing is supposed to look good, and there is something about clothespin triggers that is just down right fugly. I can see from the pictures of Fome's SNAP's that he obviously knows how to do this. I could have just pm'd him but that wouldn't benefit the community.

Also something that might benefit this thread would be if Carbon could post on the first page all of the links to SNAP related things, i.e. Plunger heads, trigger designs, plunger rod variances, and stocks.

#253406 Nerf In Popular Culture

Posted by wohnson89 on 12 October 2009 - 05:39 PM in General Nerf

In one of the shows on TLC called "unique whips", the guys break out in a nerf war with stock longshots and recons while they are working on i think Jeff Gordon's road car.

#254817 When Do Nerf Blasters Become Too Powerful?

Posted by wohnson89 on 28 October 2009 - 06:14 PM in Homemades

I have only red the first page of this topic but from what i can tell its all up the person who hosts the games. I honestly think back to somthing that my grandad told me, "what don't kill you only makes you stronger, and when somthing does kill you then you are out of luck." and well that makes me think that what does not draw blood should be legal for at least a round or two, but afterwards if it get to be anoying well just use another gun. Oh on a side note if somone can make a recon shoot 120+ feet by golly they deserve to use that thing.

#252715 Nerf 1928 Tommy Gun

Posted by wohnson89 on 05 October 2009 - 09:18 PM in Homemades

This is definitely better than the lancer.

I really hope that was sarcasm.
If it is not sarcasm, my friend you need to get your brain checked out, because the lancer is awesome.

Oh and kid, remember, carbord bends and dosn't work well when wet. So please don't cry when i tell you this, it looks like crap.

#279243 Battle Max Markerball Sceptor V1.0

Posted by wohnson89 on 01 July 2010 - 11:53 PM in Modifications

That also might be unfair. In my book, all energy used for firing a dart needs to be stored by a human and needs to happen during the round.

But thanks for the kind words :)

Spoken by a true visionary. :)
That makes total sense to me.

#279239 Battle Max Markerball Sceptor V1.0

Posted by wohnson89 on 01 July 2010 - 11:10 PM in Modifications

YES! I saw one of these at Tuesday Morning a long time ago, and I thought of buying one but the $40 price tag and the fact I had never seen one before one this site, kept me from buying it. I assumed they were crap, thank you for proving me wrong! I might even get one now.

edit: This might be worth trying because is pumping obsolete. :)

#267715 Crossbow-style Longshot

Posted by wohnson89 on 02 March 2010 - 10:53 PM in Modifications

Wow, i like how this turned out. I have seen people that try to turn longshots into xbow's, but this is the best engineered/most detailed write up I have seen yet. There is no doubt in my mind that this took forever to plan out. Mad props man,
Posted Image

#256268 Nite Finder Dual External Sprigs

Posted by wohnson89 on 14 November 2009 - 03:30 PM in Modifications

I've never liked the appearance of external bungees or banding. Sure, it adds power and all, but I think they make the gun less comfortable and harder to holster/unholster. Therefore, this idea is awesome and the perfect alternative for those people like me that don't want to externally band. Great concept.

Ya before i did this i had like 3 zillion rubber bands on it. it just didn't look good.

#256260 Nite Finder Dual External Sprigs

Posted by wohnson89 on 14 November 2009 - 01:52 PM in Modifications

It looks cool, and seems easy enough to do, but why not just band/bungie cord the gun?

i do this because it just seams more stable and it looks better. and there is nothing wrong with banding/bungie cording the gun

#256253 Nite Finder Dual External Sprigs

Posted by wohnson89 on 14 November 2009 - 01:16 PM in Modifications

This gun was seriously lacking in performance in my opinion, so i supped it up just a bit.
on a scale from one to ten on difficulty this is like a point five in my opinion.

i started off by taking the gun apart and sanding down that little piece under the plunger handle.
Posted Image

then you shave the inside screw holes down some so the tension spring will fit in place when the the screws are screwed on.
now place a screw and a lock nut on the other end of the two springs.

To reinforce the plunger you put a washer at the end of the plunger head.

finished gun should look like this:
Posted Image

Posted Image

painted

Posted Image

ranges are
about 50-60 ft

video
I don't know whats up with the sound in the video.
Its kinda crappy quality cause i filmed it on my cell phone because I lost my camera.

#256298 Nite Finder Dual External Sprigs

Posted by wohnson89 on 14 November 2009 - 09:30 PM in Modifications

OH SHIT! This doesn't have a barrel replacement! That's like 20-30 more feet! This means that most of mine could, in theory, hit 90ft.

or is it a theory??? i have other nite finders that got the same ranges and then i put a brass barrel on it and it got just under 90ft but it was a arched shot

#256289 Nite Finder Dual External Sprigs

Posted by wohnson89 on 14 November 2009 - 08:33 PM in Modifications

Good job thinking of something original (I've never seen it at least). Is there any chance that bolt would slam into the back or your thumb when you shoot, though?

I'm pretty sure that they don't, i did this to another gun + i added a big spring inside and i gave myself blood blister under my fingernail.(but with that shot i did get about 90-100 ft this thing had recoil) it busted the internals to crap. so i desisted to just do the external springs and i got good results.

I like the idea, makes it look much cleaner. Those springs don't look very strong though, how much power do they add?

They add quite a bit, as i said the ranges are in the 50-60ft range so thats a little farther than the 20-30 i was getting with just the AR's removed.

#276140 Rsp-skeleton

Posted by wohnson89 on 26 May 2010 - 11:43 PM in Homemades

That looks pretty beastly so far but you never can tell until you get ranges. One of the main questions that I have is what is the magazine made out of? (parts and what not) I searched the post for this information two or three times to make sure my eyes were not deceiving me and since I didn't find it. Now I have to risk looking like a idiot.

--Off Topic-- Are their any plans to put a shell around it?

#245882 Magstrike As-10 Clip And Pump Mod

Posted by wohnson89 on 06 August 2009 - 09:16 PM in Modifications

sorry

#246338 Magstrike As-10 Clip And Pump Mod

Posted by wohnson89 on 09 August 2009 - 08:48 PM in Modifications

Honestly I think that it looks easy to break. But I've never seen a mod like this in my life. I didn't think it was possible!

ya i forgot to add the part where it glues to the clip casing

Posted Image

#245879 Magstrike As-10 Clip And Pump Mod

Posted by wohnson89 on 06 August 2009 - 09:13 PM in Modifications

How sturdy is it? I like the idea of just moving the pump so you can have an uber mag l.oaded

its very sturdy as long as you use the high temp glue gun not the low temp one

Are you left handed?

nope it just works better on that side and i dont mind it

#245790 Magstrike As-10 Clip And Pump Mod

Posted by wohnson89 on 06 August 2009 - 01:07 PM in Modifications

This modd is the only one i've seen like it except for CaptainSlugs' large clip with air tank thing. Mine will be alot the same except for one thing, i kept the pump on mine.

This is what the finished gun looks like
before paint
Posted Image
after paint
Posted Image

[img]http://img14.imageshack.us/img14/4933/dsc02979y.jpg[img]
photo quality is kinda crappy now but you get the picture

Materials:
high temp hot glue gun.(low temp does not work well)
dremel
hack saw
needle nosed pliers
at least 7" of one inch pvc

Start off by taking out all the screws and removing the top cover. Now the gun is open.
oh and p.s. take a flat screw driver to pry off that green peice at the end.

[img]http://img168.imageshack.us/img168/6521/dsc01945fu0.jpg[/img]
(this is not my picture, i just found it on google image search)

Next we are going to move the the pump over

Move the pump out of the way as not to cut it. Cut it with a dremel or a hack saw and make sure to cut where it says in the picture. Set this peice aside for later.
[img]http://img40.imageshack.us/img40/1384/63314354.gif[/img][/img][img]

Now cut a peice of one inch pvc to form the new pump. It will need to about 7 inches long.

The next part can be put on either the right or left side. I put mine on the right as to provide easy disasembly and access to the internals.

Dremel the peice of plastic around the the back of the pump casing so the new pump can move over.
[img]http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/2636/15102221.jpg[/img]

Next remove the the cap at the end of the pump
[img]http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/558/58263756.jpg[/img]
It should come off very easily.

Slide the 1" pvc over the pump and hot glue it, as you see in the picture before the last.
Put the inner end cap back on and cut the end peice off of the original pump casing. Cut where it says in the picture.

[img]http://img20.imageshack.us/img20/5310/0065356916740500x500.jpg[/img]

Now we can move on to the clip.
There are two options for the next step.

1)keep reading mine which goes into less detail
2)folow the link to captian slugs clip modification here- http://nerfhaven.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=7433

Ok the next thing is kinda tricky, so the holes are at 45 degree angle to each other and cut exactly how i cut in the pictures.
[img]http://img514.imageshack.us/img514/5546/75139652.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/5488/48025909.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1144/90970419.jpg[/img]

[img]http://img38.imageshack.us/img38/9908/49368860.jpg[/img]
Take your needle nosed pliers and twist out the air restrictors.

Ok now that we have that out of the way time to do the easiest part, take your dremel and sand down the little green knob at the end of the air blader.

[img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/8338/76941991.jpg[/img]

Now re-asemble the whole gun and now we are finished with all the internal stuff.

p.s. it will be tricky cause of the the way the new pumps angle.

Now for the external stuff my speciality!!

Cut the old pump casing in these places:

[img]http://img31.imageshack.us/img31/3930/51380284.jpg[/img]

I forgot to take pictures of this next part, but I'll try to explain them in as much detail as i can.
Turn over the first section where it says magstrike and sand down all the ribs so it will fit around the pvc pipe.
use a genorious amount of hot glue to attach it. hold tight for about 1 min. then atach the next side the same way. Next we will attach the bulky part at the end with more hot glue. it may take a little dremeling to get it to fit.

Now we are all done.

I will try to have a video of it firing soon but i have to fix a leek in the tubes.(unrelated to the moddifing. It was a three year old gun its bound to have leaks.)

#247324 Magstrike As-10 Clip And Pump Mod

Posted by wohnson89 on 17 August 2009 - 12:03 AM in Modifications

This is sick. I will be attempting it in the morning, as well as the pvc bladder I saw not so long ago. Thinking about total pump relocation though...

i was thinking of doing that myself but this worked better.

#289794 Racking My Brain To Make A Nerf Rifle

Posted by wohnson89 on 02 December 2010 - 07:24 PM in Homemades

Just look up some stuff that Boltsniper has done. His guns just pop into my mind when I think of guns like the M1. But if you build it paint it pink or bright orange.

Also, don't get to far in-front of your modding level. I tried that when I first started and ruined lots of guns, and from the looks of this,

The way I plan on putting the dart into the shell i shoved into the lonshot barrel tube -forgot to mention earlier it's from the front gun's extention for the main gun[/code]

You're still using stock barrels so you must not have grasped the concept of PETG, Brass, or even CPVC. I wish you the best of luck with this, but don't try to be an overachiever, start out simple.

#262894 Longshot Paintjob Handy Tool

Posted by wohnson89 on 24 January 2010 - 02:58 AM in Modifications

i like the 2nd one but the yellow one is cool too. it reminds me of ironman

ya the yellow one is a little hard on the eyes in my opinion, and the first one is what i have on my other longshot.

last one. but thats me.

ya i like the last one alot

#263169 Longshot Paintjob Handy Tool

Posted by wohnson89 on 25 January 2010 - 07:14 PM in Modifications

Just a note. I don't want everyone to post a thread for the kind of paint job you want. But it is a pretty cool idea and a good tool for planning things out so I'll let this one go. Lets just not make it a habit.

Ok i will sent the pictures to cheesypiza001 instead of making a new thread for each one.

#263165 Longshot Paintjob Handy Tool

Posted by wohnson89 on 25 January 2010 - 07:04 PM in Modifications

How do you take a screen shot?

thanks to Vincent I know have a fixed version of the template.

Posted Image

#262891 Longshot Paintjob Handy Tool

Posted by wohnson89 on 24 January 2010 - 02:32 AM in Modifications

I'm pretty sure this is the right forum because technically this is a modification of the look of the gun.
I just recently got done with a angel breached Longshot with a triple clip. i has been a couple of months since i started and i am excited to paint it. Although i am torn on how to paint it. i have made a template of my gun for experimenting with paint schemes.
Posted Image
This is the template i made

Here's what i got.

Posted Image
votes-0

Posted Image
votes-3

Posted Image
votes-2

Posted Image
votes-4

Posted Image
votes-5

Posted Image
votes-1

Posted Image
votes-6

Which one should i do?

#262942 Longshot Paintjob Handy Tool

Posted by wohnson89 on 24 January 2010 - 01:20 PM in Modifications

Some people have also asked me to make other templates for other guns. I have been asked for mostly the xbow. I do not have a picture of this so if have a picture don't be afraid to throw it out there.

#263047 Longshot Paintjob Handy Tool

Posted by wohnson89 on 24 January 2010 - 10:10 PM in Modifications

#2.

I saved the image and tried to edit it in both GIMP and MSPAINT, but all of the colors I paint with come out black and white/gray.

I tried GIMP, too, and got the same results.

huh....I wonder why that is happening?
Well I will try to fix it soon.

#262978 Longshot Paintjob Handy Tool

Posted by wohnson89 on 24 January 2010 - 04:14 PM in Modifications

well since you asked for it here it is

Posted Image

I didn't spent more that 20 min so thats why its kinda crappy