SirBlastalot's Content

There have been 21 items by SirBlastalot (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#106933 C.s.h.g.

Posted by SirBlastalot on 21 May 2007 - 04:48 PM in Homemades

I understand that this is a huge project. I can wait, and even if you only ever make one, I'd love to just see a video of it. As to how much I'd pay, that would depend on the performance, assembly time, and how much your materials cost.

#106803 C.s.h.g.

Posted by SirBlastalot on 20 May 2007 - 07:32 PM in Homemades

If you could figure out a way to produce several of them, I would pay a LOT of money for one of these.

#107850 Shotgun Titan With "shells"

Posted by SirBlastalot on 27 May 2007 - 07:43 PM in Modifications

Looks great! This is one of the more ingenious mods I've seen. Would you possibly be able to post some video of this in action?

#109554 What Instruments Do You Play?

Posted by SirBlastalot on 05 June 2007 - 12:07 PM in Off Topic

(In order of skill: greatest to least)

I use to play the French Horn, but I had to stop that last year when I couldn't keep taking band. (Not enough credits for my other courses if I did)

I recently bought a guitar and a friend is teaching me that, which is pretty awesome.

I can make some pretty funky little segments using Garageband on my computer.

I picked up a little bit of the piano, using an old Casio keyboard:
Posted Image
But I'm not good, and I'm sure my technique is all wrong.

#107854 Gun Accessories

Posted by SirBlastalot on 27 May 2007 - 07:50 PM in Modifications

He obviously realizes that what he did was unwise. Give Longshot a break, will ya? And can we bring this thread back on topic?

Thoose are some rather good ideas. I did have the idea to make a "combat harness" for myself, something like a vest made of straps, with loops for ammo and a built-in holster. I'm still not sure it would be worth it.

#107929 Gun Accessories

Posted by SirBlastalot on 28 May 2007 - 09:18 AM in Modifications

Longshot: $30
Bandolier: $25
10 CS 12-round clips: $240
Immense ass-kicking firepower: Priceless

I'm so making that my signature.

#106936 Ls Clip Mod For Faster Reloading

Posted by SirBlastalot on 21 May 2007 - 04:51 PM in Modifications

I was going to do this as soon as I got mine. Excellent idea though, and good work beating me to it!

#106931 An Idea For Hasbro.

Posted by SirBlastalot on 21 May 2007 - 04:41 PM in General Nerf

--Edit: oops, sorry, didn't see that this was a rez--

Nerf guns, are, when you get right down to it, toys. As such, kids won't bug their parents to buy them unless they want theym (obviously) and few kids are disturbed or cynical enough to really want to play the 'bad guy.' Face it; Hasbro knows their target market and we're not it.

#109545 Co2 Rocket

Posted by SirBlastalot on 05 June 2007 - 11:12 AM in Homemades

It's a little 12g tank. The rocket will be around 600-700g of styrofoam, somewhere around 8 inches long and with a diameter of 4in. We can, fairly easily, make a device similar to the air-restrictors in stock nerf guns, except on the back of the rocket. Playing with that and the aerodynamics should be able to get it down to a resonable speed, but I was hoping someone would happen to have a convienient formula I could use.

Also, Prometheous; I've already calculated all the PV=nRT stuff and whatnot, but I need to figure out something like the velocity, force, work, etc of the gas coming out of the end of the cylinder, which I can't do after just taking a chemestry class. I'm taking high-school physics and calculus next year, so I'll be able to figure it out then, but I'd rather not wait till next summer.

Capt. Slug:I'll keep your view in mind. And don't worry, I'm not about to do something really stupid, like fire the first test at myself or something.

Even if this dosen't work out for Nerf, it will still be like, model-rocket fun.

#109420 Co2 Rocket

Posted by SirBlastalot on 04 June 2007 - 06:22 PM in Homemades

So my friends and I decided that having an actuall rocket-launcher would be cool, instead of the nerf rockets. (That are not technically rockets, just extra-large darts.) We're going to make some large, styrofoam rockets and stick a C02 cartridge in the back. The thing is, we lack the mathematical know-how to figure out how fast one of these rockets would get going. Would anyone with a physics background be willing to help us out? My dad calculated that the CO2 will be expanding from about 50ml to around 5L. Anymore variables you need me to observe, just let me know

I wouldn't normally post this here, but before I started I wanted to make sure this isn't going to be going so fast as to be dangerous.

#109636 Co2 Rocket

Posted by SirBlastalot on 05 June 2007 - 06:21 PM in Homemades

That last paragraph was well stated, bpso86...I'm not sure I would have been as civil. No offense Jergling, but that post didn't make much sense at all.

As for your orinal equation, bpso86, what are each of the variables there? That is, whats r, h, o, and P?

#109727 Co2 Rocket

Posted by SirBlastalot on 06 June 2007 - 02:42 PM in Homemades

I think Prometheous assumed that the back of the launch tube will be closed...a resonable assumption, given that this is a Nerf forum, after all.

I need to know what units these need to be in, as well.

So what I have so far is this:

Posted Image

Now, I know something's wrong here. Help?

#106791 Nerf Mines!

Posted by SirBlastalot on 20 May 2007 - 07:03 PM in General Nerf

Can anyone figure out someplace to buy these? The only place I can find is a Chinese import website, and I'd have to buy them in bulk.

#106789 Your Greatest Moment

Posted by SirBlastalot on 20 May 2007 - 06:50 PM in General Nerf

One time, I was playing with just a friend and myself. It was an indoor war, with an impassable line seperating our 2 forts. To show off, I had brought a duct-tape knife I had just made. I was out of ammo, trying to retrieve some darts that were outside my base, right next to the line. He came out of his base to shoot me, but I managed to actually get 3 hits on him (we play 3-hits are out) with my knife which he had jokingly allowed me to use, while only hitting me once.

#109546 Laser Tag Gun

Posted by SirBlastalot on 05 June 2007 - 11:18 AM in Modifications

I'm really confused. Why does a laser-tag gun fire darts? If you just ripped out all the electronics and built an air-gun inside this, why not use something cheeper? :blink:

#111595 I Feel Stupid...

Posted by SirBlastalot on 16 June 2007 - 11:51 AM in General Nerf

The only problem is I'd still really like to keep it adjustable. I tried replacing the little spring in the stock, but the orange plate on the inside was warping and looked like it would snap to easily. And I just can't bring myself to drill or do anything to my precious lil longshot... <_<

#110861 I Feel Stupid...

Posted by SirBlastalot on 12 June 2007 - 12:20 PM in General Nerf

I was playing around with my new longshot, seeing if I could maybe get the scope lined up/marginally useful. I pulled back the bolt, the stock collapsed, and I stabbed myself in the eye with the friggin' scope. Now I have a black eye. :D
I'd read about the stock collapsing thing, but I'd thought that would only be a problem with an overpowered spring, not a stock gun. I think now I'll just drill a hole through them both and stick a metal rod in there. I have a black eye now.

#109718 Constant-pressure Mg

Posted by SirBlastalot on 06 June 2007 - 01:27 PM in Homemades

I see...any suggestions?

#109553 Constant-pressure Mg

Posted by SirBlastalot on 05 June 2007 - 11:54 AM in Homemades

So a friend and I are working on a project (several projects, actually) where we'll make a gun something like this:

Posted Image

It will be mounted on a tripod, with an electric pump. The pump we're using is designed to run off of a car's 12v battery, but we're going to use an adaptor to step down the 220v AC wall current to 12v DC. This design is really simple, as my friends and I are all newbies.

The way it works: We let the pump run untill the air resivoir is at an appropriate pressure. Then, just open the valve and air will continually stream out. We're going to pump up the pressure to something signicantly higher than the pressure nerf guns normally use, because we intend to lose alot via the feed mechanism. We'll either use a gravity-fed clip, or construct a chain with an electric motor to push darts in front of the stream of air. It'll obviously be very inefficent.

My question is this: What pressure do nerf guns normally fire at? I was remembering it as something around 15psi, but Capt. Slug mentioned 40psi in one of his recent posts. We had only planned on pumping up the tank to somewhere around 40-60 psi...

#107928 Ratchet-advancing Magazines

Posted by SirBlastalot on 28 May 2007 - 08:54 AM in Modifications

Nerfer909: I know. Like I said, the LS isn't a great gun for this. It was just the first thing that came to mind when making the diagram.

Prometheus: No, it would move up. Pull back on the bottom, the gear would turn counter-clockwise, making the right side of the gear push up on the clip.

#107876 Ratchet-advancing Magazines

Posted by SirBlastalot on 27 May 2007 - 08:45 PM in Modifications

So I had this idea while riding on the bus one day.
Posted Image
Allthough I'm sure there's a better gun out there to do this with, let's just pretend we're going to do this with a Longshot, modded with Capt. Slug's Shotgun Foregrip. You attach a grooved rod to the grip, and a design similar to K Barker's Clip design. The diffrence is that this way, with each cycle of the grip, the gear is engaged on the pull backwards (moving the clip up) and disengaged on the push forwards. This way, using some fiddling with the gear ratios, you can cycle the clip upwards with each motion you'd normally do. (Obviously, the LS already uses magazines, but the same idea should be applicable to other guns)