LiKnSmAkScOmIn's Content

There have been 262 items by LiKnSmAkScOmIn (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#59942 Firefly Out Online

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 23 July 2005 - 02:43 AM in General Nerf

There's no way those pics are legit. I held the Firefly myself, and it was NOT that fucking HUGE. It's comparabile in size to a RF20 (kinda). Unless murokumo is a friggin midget, the Firefly just ain't that big.

What is it with the string of BULLSHIT on these boards lately?

Explain the second picture then.

#59932 Firefly Out Online

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 23 July 2005 - 12:00 AM in General Nerf

That thing is big...

Any chance you could get a clearer pic of the internals? What ranges are you getting out of it stock?

#59610 First Xbox 360 Seen In The Wild

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 18 July 2005 - 05:37 PM in Off Topic

http://www.360hacker...en-in-the-wild/

That's awesome. I feel kinda sorry for the kid's dad though. :nugget:

#59492 Maverick Problem

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 16 July 2005 - 10:59 PM in General Nerf

Use a nail. Drill a hole in the same place as that shaft and attach it.

#59436 Dart Tag Blasters

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 15 July 2005 - 11:52 PM in Modifications

Blue-probably a piece that gets pushed towards the plunger tube when the turret rotates and is pushed back into the turret by the spring when ready to fire for better seal?

I don't own one of these guns, just seems like that would be it.

#59335 Soundtrack Suggestions Needed

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 14 July 2005 - 05:26 PM in Nerf Wars

Candy shop: 50 cent
Beethoven virus: Banya
dont phunk with my heart: black eyed peas

Posted Image

Seriously. Although I do listen to rap(not mainstream) those just suck.

#59307 Soundtrack Suggestions Needed

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 14 July 2005 - 01:19 PM in Nerf Wars

Contra:Shattered Soldier for PS2 has some pretty hard songs. I could upload a few tracks if you guys would like them.

#59210 Fobs=win.

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 13 July 2005 - 10:16 AM in Off Topic

..and back up again? JSkater found this.

http://72.14.207.104...est.html &hl=fi

#59190 Firefly Released!

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 12 July 2005 - 11:32 PM in General Nerf

I could sware that picture is photoshopped. The gun looks like it's in the exact same angle as it is in the preview picture.

CONGRATULATIONS! A SMART PERSON!

God, I didn't even expect that picture to actually fool people into believing that I had a firefly. First off, my post which triggered the picture was a post about a prototype dart tag (obvious knock at yourworstnightmare :nugget: ) and the people who weren't sure about the picture:Notice those curves at the cocker slide that shouldn't be rounded? Notice the crap on the barrel assembly which should be thick, solid, and not see through? Notice lighting on the gun compared to my pitch black desk?

One more:Compare the size of the gun to the can of soda it's over.

Yeah. And with that I am off like panties on prom night.

#59181 Fobs=win.

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 12 July 2005 - 10:49 PM in Off Topic

Sorry, apparently his blog went down from exessive usage.

looks like my star wars post was a bit too successful. it was picked up by a number of sites and on friday a surge of 19,500 visitors in 6 hours used almost 80% of my monthly bandwidth allocation, putting me over the limit for the month. according to alexa, this site shot all the way up to around the 175,000th most popular site on the internet. ooooooohhhhh!

:nugget:

#59158 Fobs=win.

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 12 July 2005 - 06:46 PM in Off Topic

Try again?

I dunno, it works fine for me. Try that link.

#59156 Fobs=win.

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 12 July 2005 - 06:41 PM in Off Topic

http://winterson.com...ke-of-west.html

Have fun.

#56912 Firefly Speculation

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 07 June 2005 - 07:39 PM in General Nerf

when has there ever been ANYTHING except philips screws?

I think that up to this point Hasbro's policy was to use triangle-head screws on any gun with electrical components - such as the aforementioned electric eel and comlink, and I'm pretty sure they were on the Eagle Eye as well. It makes sense to discourage cocky 12 year olds from trying to mod guns with electrical components, if for no other reason than to assuage concerned parents.

Ding, Nitefinder.

Osiris-what?

#56740 Lucky Finds

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 05 June 2005 - 10:24 PM in General Nerf

No luck yet with yard sales/thrift stores other than a Sawtooth from about 7 years ago. Sadly I have no idea where it went.

#56739 CPVC Or PETG

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 05 June 2005 - 10:19 PM in General Nerf

Whatever fits your darts better. CPVC(which I find tighter on my darts) would be used in a NF. SM1500 would have PETG, and I have no idea about the rototrack because I haven't seen what kind of air output it gives.

#56077 Next-gen Console E3 Pics

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 30 May 2005 - 07:49 PM in Off Topic

Yeah, the controller sucks

:cry:

My god, how do you know it sucks? Have you felt it in your hands? People claimed that the xbox controller looked sexy but how did it preform when it went to the hands of the millions who bought an xbox for Halo?

Just to clear up a few things also:
-Killzone 2 was not in-game footage, this doesn't mean thats what it'll look like when it comes out however.
-The wireless controllers are 1 host and 7 guests, which is 8 people. Do you really think Sony is stupid enough to make an odd number so you can't have 4 player teams?

I buy whichever console has the best third-party developers. Even though I don't like sony, thats the reason i'm proud to own a PS2.

#55756 Litestep

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 27 May 2005 - 06:47 AM in Off Topic

FYI, Litestep gives your computer memory leaks when you do things with it sometimes, sorry I can't remember what it was, but it lagged to hell with it.

#55702 Supermaxx 350 Gone Wrong?

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 26 May 2005 - 06:10 PM in Modifications

Tell us what you're missing, that will help out.

Go to nerfevolved.com and look at the SM350 mod and show what you have and dont have from the pictture of internals they have.

#55701 Machine Gun, Part 2... And Other Mods

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 26 May 2005 - 06:05 PM in Modifications

Very nice work, you turned the once dull Razorbeast into something people will cream their pants for.

#55461 Airtank Help! Calling Jlego Or Black Wrath!

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 22 May 2005 - 06:48 PM in Modifications

So, I'm working on rebirth of my SM500 and putting it into the shell of a newstyle 1500.

Here's the thing:
The firing pin doesn't go all the way back in after I pull it back, but this can be solved with a rubber band.
The firing pin can wiggle, and sometimes if I move it around air leaks.

The reason I'm asking for JLego/Black Wrath is because I know you two have dissected an SM5000 valve which is the same construction as the valve on a SM500.

My question: Is the hook at the end of the firing pin supposed to be glued onto the piece holding the rubber seal? I cut the pump off the airtank, and noticed it can move around quite a bit.

Stolen from JLego's old topic, this is the pin+hole I'm talking about.
http://img53.imagesh...ofopenvalve.jpg

#55351 Next-gen Console E3 Pics

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 20 May 2005 - 11:34 PM in Off Topic

That's because your watching the Killzone 2 trailer. The helghast (killzone enemies) are suppost to be detailless black shadows, it's part of the atmosphere of the game.

So part of the atmosphere is for devlopers to be lazy and make more crappy games where you cant see youre enemy. It seems like to me just a cop-out.

Dude. Get your fucking ass off the chair, go get a dictionary, and read the definition of atmosphere. You're doing nothing but making yourself look like a dumbass by still posting here.

#55302 Next-gen Console E3 Pics

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 20 May 2005 - 12:30 AM in Off Topic

Revolution or the PS3 are probably gonna come out on top.

Dont make me come through the computer and crush you. That is the worst statment I ever heard.

I eat Microsoft fanboys, kid.

From what ive seen of PS3 in one game the enemys were still expressionless, detailless black shadows. The graphics were also not comparable to the trailers ive seen of 360.

but it doesn't really matter, just how the developers use it

Exactly. Microsofts affiliated devlopers just used it better making the graphics better.

Also, ps2 wrecked their system by overloading it with sports games and thell probably do it again. Thats all that ever came out for it basically. Sure RE4 came out for it but GameCube had it and even with better graphics.

First off; you better tell me what game you're talking about because there's probably a reason theyre like that. Have you seen Killzone 2 dude?

Besides, if the Xbox 360 is so great, why is there no graphical difference between the Xbox and 360 versions of Tiger Woods Golf 2005?

And overloading with sports games? PS2 had an awesome group of third-party developers and there were plenty of arcade ports, fighting, and action games.

#55281 Next-gen Console E3 Pics

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 19 May 2005 - 06:34 PM in Off Topic

You know, if it wasn't for the fact that Microsoft bought Bungie to make Halo console-exculsive, nobody here would give two shits about the xbox. And don't deny it, because it is true.

Another thing to consider-Microsoft and Nintendo are going to be losing in the sense that the PS3 is using the disc format which is probably going to become the standard within the next few years. And if you whine about "who needs 25 gb blah" realise that you can't fit hi-definition video onto a dvd. It's going to keep going up and up.

#55250 Next-gen Console E3 Pics

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 19 May 2005 - 08:43 AM in Off Topic

Revolution or the PS3 are probably gonna come out on top.

Dont make me come through the computer and crush you. That is the worst statment I ever heard.

I eat Microsoft fanboys, kid.

I don't know if our friend can do such a task, so I'll try to do it.

I think the 360 will topple Sony simply because of its raw technical power.  It's got a custom ATI chip that is a generation ahead of the cards that are top of the line today (if that makes any sense to you guys, you're geniuses.).  Anyways, the 360 is very customizable, which will be a BIG go-getter for the fringe players and the hardcore alike.  Also, it's got three 3.2 GHz processors.  More information on the system can be found here.

Have you looked at the specs for both? PS3 is actually a little more powerful (the graphics card is better than 2 hi-end Nvidia cards) but it doesn't really matter, just how the developers use it. I don't think any company except Treasure will attempt to really max out the system in their games.

You won't really be able to tell which is most powerful until they're played this winter.

#55218 Next-gen Console E3 Pics

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 18 May 2005 - 07:36 PM in Off Topic

Both XBOX360 and Revolution have 4 wireless controller ports.

The PS3 has 8 wireless spot. :P Also you can hook it up to 2 tv's at once and have either gameplay similar to Nintendo DS's dual screens(minus the touching) or have 4 on each screen. Pretty awesome stuff.

I liked the PS2 because of the great third-party support, but I really don't know what I want now, the Revolution or PS3.

#55152 Next-gen Console E3 Pics

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 18 May 2005 - 01:21 AM in Off Topic

Revolution or the PS3 are probably gonna come out on top. I like them except for that PS3 controller which looks more like a boomerang than a controller. :D

And nintendo came back from the dead, after a sub-par gamecube, this is looking good...especially because the online service lets you download and game from their library(nes, snes, n64, etc.)

Oh, had to post this too:
Posted Image
Hilarious stuff.

#54731 The Next Generation Xbox Name

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 12 May 2005 - 05:46 PM in Off Topic

xbox 360

sigh...

Those screenshots are pretty nice, looks like PS3 calibur stuff.

Here's the official specs btw:

2 types of Xbox Live:
Xbox Live Silver (no subscription required)
Xbox Live Gold (subscription benefits)

Features for Gold service
(S) Also for Silver
(O) Also for Offline

- Seamless transition to Xbox Live account from Xbox to Xbox 360
- Access to MMOs (additional fees may apply) (S)
- Free Xbox Live weekends (S)
- Multiplayer online gameplay
- Motto for gamer profile (S)(O)
- Personalized look for Xbox System Guide (S)(O)
- Offline achievments (S)(O)
- Online achievements (S)
- Access to other players' Gamer cards via Live (S)
- Cumulative gamer score (S)(O)
- Location/language profile (S)(O)
- Reputation (S)
- Enahnced matchmaking using above
- Skill level matchmaking
- Gameplay style profile (casual, competitive, etc.)
- Recent players list (S)
- Free and premium download game content(S)
- Free and premium downloadable movies, music, tv (S)
- Downloadable demos/trailers (S)
- Microtransactions (S)
- Custom playlist in every game (S)(O)
- Play music from portable devices (S)(O)
- View images from digital camera (S)(O)
- Strem media from Windows XP (S)(O)
- Interactive screen savers (S)(O)
- Track info for CDs (S) (O)
- Communication with voice, video or text (S)

The Hardware:
1. Support for DVD-video, DVD-Rom, DVD-R/RW, CD-DA, CD-Rom, CD-R, CD-RW, WMA CD, MP3 cd, JPEG photo CD
2. All games supported at 16:9, 720p and 1080i, anti-aliasing
3. Customizable face plates to change appearance
4. 3 USB 2.0 ports
5. Support for 4 wireless controllers
6. Detachable 20GB drive
7. Wi-Fi ready

Custom IBM PowerPC-based CPU
- 3 symmetrical cores at 3.2 GHz each
- 2 hardware threads per core
- 1 VMX-128 vector unit per core
- 1 MB L2 cache

CPU Game Math Performance
- 9 billion dots per second

Custom ATI Graphics Processor
- 500 MNz
- 10 MB embedded DRAM
- 48-way parallel floating-point shader pipelines
- unified shader architecture

Memory
-512 MB GDDR3 RAM
- 700 MNz DDR

Memory Bandwidth
- 22.4 GB/s memory interface bus bandwidth
- 256 GB/s memory bandwidth to EDRAM
- 21.6 GB/s frontside bus

Audio
- Mulitchannel surround sond output
- Supports 48khz 16-bit audio
- 320 independent decompression channels
- 32 bit processing
- 256+ audio channels

To sum up the important stuff regarding XBL:

There will be two versions of Xbox Live. Silver is free (everyone gets it), and Gold is a paid subscription, like the current XBL. It looks like Xbox Live will be free on the weekends for everyone; Gold members will get it all the time, obviously. Current Xbox Live accounts will carry over to the 360 and become Gold Xbox Live accounts. Both Gold and Silver members will be able to download demos, trailers, and other content through XBL.

This info seems pretty legit, and some insiders have confirmed that this is indeed a real leak. At this rate, you have to wonder if Microsoft will have anything left to reveal at the MTV unveiling on May 12.

#54177 Petg

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 04 May 2005 - 09:39 PM in General Nerf

The curled stuff isn't the right things, these are straight poles.

#53935 Holsters Or Straps?

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 01 May 2005 - 03:14 PM in General Nerf

My cousins in DC had a BBB, and when we warred with their guns I had a holster for it(not really deserving of a strap)

The only guns I've used straps for are monsters like the RF20 or Powerclip.

#53933 Update On Nf Mod

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 01 May 2005 - 03:11 PM in Modifications

Lol, I think a lot of the people in this thread were hoping for 120+ flat. <_<

But considering you are your nitefinder is probably more powerful than mine. Nice job.

#53878 Maverick

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 30 April 2005 - 11:32 PM in Site Feedback

I prefer the Haven because my eyes aren't blinded by postwhores who claim the RF50 is real. Posted Image

And also the maverick is pretty neat but I really don't see it being effective in wars; the air seal is too poor to achieve good ranges accompined by a subpar spring and rather bulky casing that screams, "FUCK HOLSTERS!"

#53871 Knife: Vietnam Era Story

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 30 April 2005 - 08:51 PM in Off Topic

Talio, does it hurt learning how to write properly,oh yeah, your too stupid to know!

Heed your own advice, kid.

^_^

#53840 Update On Nf Mod

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 30 April 2005 - 02:17 PM in Modifications

take a video and use yousendit.com then post the link here.

Is it angled?

#53480 New Discovery!

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 25 April 2005 - 05:34 PM in General Nerf

Nice find. Could be something in the way of rereleases or new supermaxx style guns.

#53383 Help With Modding An Rf20

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 24 April 2005 - 05:56 PM in Modifications

I am sorry; I don't think you can have rice as ammunition. First, every grain of rice is different, so there would be a horrible seal between the rice and the barrel. You would also have a hard time putting the rice into the barrel. You would have a hard time finding tubing that would have a small enough ID (Inner Diameter) to fit rice. Finally, as you said, there would be the problem of rice falling into the firing mechanism.

Uh, I don't think he just wants to fire 20 grains of rice...

Open up the gun and open up that red turret, then cover the entire bottom part of the inside with mesh and cut the long poles off of the air restrictors. Those air restrictors are necessary because if you don't leave them in the air will go other places than the barrel.

Don't try increasing the piston pressure, it won't be useful.

The only thing now is how to make the rice not fall out of the front, mabye putting something there that comes out when the rice hits it?

#53232 Airsoft Forums On Nerf?

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 22 April 2005 - 08:19 PM in General Nerf

It's on a place called the internet. I can think up quite a few sites that have the mod.

And to answer your question, just cut the ridges off the very bottom of the clip that protrude from the side.

#53231 Track&field, Cross Country, Bicycling

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 22 April 2005 - 08:08 PM in Off Topic

6:30-ish is my fastest.

Then again I'm in no way fit so I plan to get it down to the 5 minute ranges next year.

#53230 Rapid Fire 50?

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 22 April 2005 - 08:06 PM in General Nerf

*rf40 image*

HAHAHAHA.

Clean job on photoshopping that other barrel on though. It actually could be possible to mislead a noob.

Besides, I don't think Hasbro would be stupid enough to make a gun that would take over 5 minutes to get battleworthy.

#53153 Rapid Fire 50?

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 22 April 2005 - 12:17 AM in General Nerf

Sounds a bit fishy...are you sure it wasn't something else?

#53132 Need Help Mod A Suppermax 3000

Posted by LiKnSmAkScOmIn on 21 April 2005 - 07:39 PM in Modifications

I wonder how hard it would be to integrate the internals of a BBB into a SM3K frame, under the hope of producing an 8 shot BBB?

I think that sounds damn near impossible. A multi-shot spring gun would be hard to make. I have to admit it would be sweet!

~Ringsy

Ooh not really. You ever heard of the Ratchet Blast? It's simplicity is fecking beautiful. Really, all you have to do is make it so that when the plunger is pulled back, the turret rotates.

The only problem with the ratchet blast is that if you put a beefier spring in rather than the weak one inside it gets a lot harder to cock.