Jangadance's Content

There have been 620 items by Jangadance (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#44518 Your Mission, If You Choose To Accept It.

Posted by Jangadance on 22 December 2004 - 02:15 PM in Homemades

Mmmmmm, yeah...

Speaking of sprung, that's hot.

#18794 Xxl Gun

Posted by Jangadance on 11 February 2004 - 06:58 PM in Modifications

Well cover me in molasses and call me a Cherokee!

That thing looks like the XXL Bazooka's brother. And someone please tell me, does the target have a tractor beam or something? :lol:

#51523 Xbox Live

Posted by Jangadance on 04 April 2005 - 05:01 AM in Off Topic

My friends and I made the legit clan Myr which got to 16th best clan in Majors.

Myr stats page
www.clanmyr.com

Light Strike stats page
www.lightstrike.net

Large Moose etc, if anyone sends me a friend request please attach a message so I know who you are, not just some random guy I've played against or something. Myr was our first clan that started Nov. 9, got to lvl 17 (16th best clan in the world at the time) and disbanded a while back. Light Strike is a new attempt, just friends from college and random online friends. Both of which are and were competitive, legit clans.

Anyways, I got Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory and I'm getting warmed up on that. See you all online.

#51451 Xbox Live

Posted by Jangadance on 03 April 2005 - 04:23 AM in Off Topic

Get real, dude. Head to Head is chock full of standbyers, there is a 50% chance of hosting and only 1 possible person to report you for standbying. Cheaters are abundant in matchmaking, because of people who want to show off to their friends that they got an uber high level. When the update happens, standbying will be pointless and the levels will all balance out. Send me a friend request, my gamertag is Jangadance if you want to prove your "AWSOME LEVEL 41 SKILLZ!!" My friends and I made the legit clan Myr which got to 16th best clan in Majors. Playing without cheats is the only way to get better. Try it some time.

#50251 Xbox Live

Posted by Jangadance on 22 March 2005 - 02:36 PM in Off Topic

My gamertag for Halo 2 is Jangadance, but don't bother unless you're good at the game... I'm addicted to it and I probably won't play with you unless you prove your skills.

#51052 Xbox Live

Posted by Jangadance on 29 March 2005 - 05:58 PM in Off Topic

Halo 2 level (as of before):50

Cheater. My clan would own your face.

#32332 X-bow Finished..

Posted by Jangadance on 26 July 2004 - 03:43 PM in Modifications

It's just that you gotta be careful with an item that, when in perfect condition, could instead earn you $100+ on eBay.

#14435 Wrist Blitzer

Posted by Jangadance on 16 December 2003 - 05:15 PM in Modifications

Yes, that's the Wrist Blitzer alright. http://www.nerfcente...ristBlitzer.htm

I have one too... And frankly, I don't think it's worth modding if you're gonna keep it on your wrist. If you really wanted to you could make it into a spring version SSPB. The plastic with velcro that holds it on doesn't feel very sturdy since there is only 1 strap. Also, I would find it hard to pump let alone hold a gun with that Wrist Blitzer strapped on. Still, it's one of those novel guns that it would be fun to see a mod for, with ranges.

#14576 Wrist Blitzer

Posted by Jangadance on 18 December 2003 - 03:12 AM in Modifications

THIRST- #1- if hot glue works for him (which it absolutely should) let him do it that way.

#2- are you sure we're not talking about different guns? Look at NC, the WB fires Nerf Micros.

Good work with the integrations boys, let us see some pics when you get them looking nice.

#13091 Working On Grenades

Posted by Jangadance on 20 November 2003 - 11:40 PM in Homemades

the problem was that it didn't have as much spread as I wanted, and it didn't shoot the flak (is that what they are called?) pieces out very high...

I think you mean shrapnel. The problem with shrapnel is that it's a pain to clean up. That's why I'm not sure how effectively a grenade could be used in a Nerf war.

#45769 Whoa This Is Weird

Posted by Jangadance on 09 January 2005 - 06:18 PM in Off Topic

"one of the colored ones"

Hey now, that term isn't PC. Or is it?

#350279 Who's still around from 2008/2009

Posted by Jangadance on 29 December 2015 - 11:55 AM in Off Topic

I SEE some familiar faces still...

#32405 Who Would Buy Colored Backer Rod?

Posted by Jangadance on 27 July 2004 - 03:01 AM in General Nerf

My only question is, when will the "colored FBR" racist jokes start.

#4706 Whiptail Scorpion Mod

Posted by Jangadance on 17 May 2003 - 08:24 PM in Modifications

Mrgrinch, I was looking for something a little more in depth. Anyhow, the Scorpion's plunger chamber is a decent size, I was hoping to increase the airflow to the barrel by installing a new tube in place of the green one that runs the length of the (removed) tail. I'm using 1/2" outer diameter vinyl tubing so I can push it directly into my new barrel- wherever that is going to go. The old tube was 1/4" O.D. Will this give the dart more velocity? :huh:

#4688 Whiptail Scorpion Mod

Posted by Jangadance on 16 May 2003 - 08:51 PM in Modifications

The Whiptail Scorpion functions like a basic spring gun- pull the plunger back with a lever. Except, in this case, you pull the lever forwards. The entire gun is basically reverse of a standard spring gun. Pull the head section forwards, then the air flow pushes out the back of the gun, up the tail, and through the nozzle at the tip of the tail. I think when I finish it will look a little like a modified NB-1, as far as where everything is layed out. The tail is usually aimed a bit high, but the gun pulls the air tube forwards when pressure is applied to the trigger. The basic flaw in this gun is that the tail never truly fires with the tail in the same place, and you fire low or high, depending.

#4680 Whiptail Scorpion Mod

Posted by Jangadance on 16 May 2003 - 12:39 PM in Modifications

Yeah, rubber banding and spring replacement are both necessary and obvious. Oh, and like you said, I'm not a newcomer to nerf in general; I've probably been playing for about 10 years now. Mainly, I was curious about any unique suggestions for barrel placement... And I suppose I could get some velcro that goes around your wrist and then epoxy the air tube onto it... The only problem is that likely I would want that hand to squeeze the Scorpion's trigger, so having a dart shoot out of that hand might get in the way of the gun. And when I squeeze that hand, the dart's trajectory might get altered by the flexing of my wrist. It's a unique idea, but I don't think that will work well. Besides, it would feel much better to have a gun shoot it, even though I could be Spiderman with darts otherwise. :angry:

Also, extending the tubing might slow down the air flow, since it has to travel further. I'm not physicist but that seems reasonable to me. A bigger [edit-larger width] air tube would increase air flow, right? But is that what I want with a spring gun? It doesn't deliver all of its air at one time, since the plunger has to go down for it to completely deliver its air payload. Anyhow, tell me what you think. Thanks for the input guys! :huh:

#4671 Whiptail Scorpion Mod

Posted by Jangadance on 16 May 2003 - 03:19 AM in Modifications

Alright, first and foremost, don't think I'm a newb just because I want to mod this gun. I know it's crappy, that's why I want to try it. Where is the challenge in modding something that already has 25+ walkthroughs available on the internet? So, I took it apart, and I think it has some potential. I had a few questions that I would appreciate feedback on, however- a) obviously, the first step would be to change the innacurate scorpion tail to a barrel- any suggestions where to put it? The back is all ridged, so don't know what to do with it. :huh: I'm going to change the tubing since it looks simple enough. Bigger is better, right? I think I'll pick up some 1/2" vinyl tubing and have a go at it. That way, it will be an easy fit into the barrel.

Alright, other than that, wish me luck! :angry:

#5667 Where Do You Buy X-treme Max Shot

Posted by Jangadance on 13 June 2003 - 04:37 PM in General Nerf

Toys 'R Us, $10 + tax. Good luck.

#11491 What's Up?

Posted by Jangadance on 15 October 2003 - 11:30 PM in Site Feedback

I wouldn't call it an infestation as much as outbreak. Now that NHQ is back up (usually), hopefully the outbreak here can be suppressed. Then, NH's forum can go back to a mellow 2-3 total posts daily, about the next big war, or whatever. I suppose an active forum is nothing if its only activity in nonsense. :angry:

Still, I would rather deal with the ignorant newcomers if it means having newcomers in general.

#245566 What's Next For Nerf In Mn?

Posted by Jangadance on 05 August 2009 - 02:11 AM in Nerf Wars

Hey kiddos, Jangadance here- Venom looked me up to let me know too late that there's a badass MN war this weekend! Unfortunately, I work all day, so this one just won't work for me. Let me know ahead of time and I'll schedule some time off! I still have my armory http://video.google....311907293311762 and have returned to Minneapolis. Much has changed for me, including graduating from college, but I'm very enthusiastic about joining up with the local Nerf crews for a good ole romp through a public space with plastic toy guns.

I normally would have posted in a different forum, but since right now all I can and will commit to is actually NERFING (wow, that's a change, right you oldbies?) this seemed like the right forum. I don't really want the red goddamn carpet, but hopefully some people are still around (MN and elsewhere) that remember me. See you on the battlefield!!

Posted Image

#245596 What's Next For Nerf In Mn?

Posted by Jangadance on 05 August 2009 - 12:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Good to hear from ya -- looking forward to seeing you at future wars. We've been having one about every 3 weeks, so I assume another August/September war will be in the works after this Sunday.

Your airgun is silly and cool. I'm curious to see how the old timers do it. Who all is in the picture?

That was just my crew that I rolled in with to one of the last wars I went to. Me on the left, Lil Sneak with the fiendish dual NFs, Nervous Ninja has the barbarian Bow, and Mitch the H2H freak.

Actually, Saturdays don't work the best for me as a rule, but I'll try to make it work for NERF days.

#7547 What Size Brass?

Posted by Jangadance on 31 July 2003 - 05:40 PM in Modifications

I'm not even sure if we have Lowe's here in Minnesota, but this is what cxwq has to say.

"Steelworks brass (twice as thick, not machined as cleanly in my opinion) is available at Lowes and OSH. At Lowes it's generally towards the middle of the store near the small hardware parts and the key cutting area. At OSH it's generally towards the back near the springs (they have an excellent selection of useful springs as well) and the sheet metal."

#7532 What Size Brass?

Posted by Jangadance on 31 July 2003 - 01:49 PM in Modifications

ID stands for Inner Diameter, the distance between the two inside walls of the brass. Just look at your local hobby store or Hardware store (don't go to Home Depot, etc) and ask about K&S brass tubing. Look for the size the is labeled 1/2" ID, and there ya go. Happy Modding.

#43090 What Is This?

Posted by Jangadance on 01 December 2004 - 05:10 PM in General Nerf

Zero's Switch Shot Max mod

The most recent one is the Lightnin' Blitz, pump it up and it can fire all 5 shots at once like a shotgun.

But come now, we aren't your reference staff. Do some research yourself first, at www.nerfcenter.com.

#47501 What Is The Difference Of These Guns?

Posted by Jangadance on 18 February 2005 - 04:58 PM in General Nerf

It's my humble opinion that although the pumps are different, the airtanks on all the SM3ks are identical so you should be able to reach the same range on all of them, assuming you have a good seal on the barrels.

#17429 What Is Petg?

Posted by Jangadance on 28 January 2004 - 06:17 PM in General Nerf

Ah, I may be mistaken but I think that includes shipping charges.

He sells his PETG for $1.25 a foot, and 8 feet of that would sell for $10. Since this stuff is light, shipping is really reasonable. I have used all sorts of barrel materials, and right now I think that the one with the most bang for tha buck is PETG. Brass is great, especially in spring guns, but you have to buy different sizes if you want to telescope it, adding to the confusion. Plus, depending on how big a chain you get your brass from, it can run anywhere from $2 a foot to $3.50 or so.

As other people have mentioned the ONLY benefit I can imagine brass has over PETG is maybe that you can telescope pieces inside each other. Oh, that and metal will always be cooler looking than clear plastic. :rolleyes:

<edit> I sent a check to IR and disguised it as a love note so that the postman wouldn't steal my check, and he was so kind as to reciprocate and mark the package as if it were containing rods of beef jerky or some other consumable love-treat, as opposed to precious, exquisite PETG. Whatta guy. Shipping for my 10'-12' purchase (can't quite recall) was lower than $5, I know.

#75199 What Gun Is This?

Posted by Jangadance on 04 March 2006 - 10:09 PM in General Nerf

ALL the Supermaxx 3000's have wide pumps (which gives them too much surface area for the air pressure to push against) and weak pump handles. This blue version is possibly the worst case of this, but it is commonly agreed that Yellow > Blue > Green. If you don't know the difference, check out the Nerf Center reviews page.

Anyways, doesn't it say Supermaxx 3000 on the sticker on the yellow faux air tank?

#17313 What Else Is There Besides Fishing Weights

Posted by Jangadance on 27 January 2004 - 04:28 PM in General Nerf

I don't use alot of hot glue - I put a smidgen on.

Okay, thanks alot, Martha Stewart.

And by the way, I'm going to keep foraging in your trash like a raccoon until I find enough gene samples to create a sex slave clone of you. By the way, you're supposed to use Kleenex to blow your nose!

#17247 What Else Is There Besides Fishing Weights

Posted by Jangadance on 27 January 2004 - 04:00 AM in General Nerf

Posted Image

Oh, wait now I know what you mean.

Posted Image

Dictionary.com says a washer is "A flat disk, as of metal, plastic, rubber, or leather, placed beneath a nut or at an axle bearing or a joint to relieve friction, prevent leakage, or distribute pressure." Ironically, one of the alternate definitions is 'a name for a common raccoon'.

#9367 What Are You Going To Be For Halloween?

Posted by Jangadance on 07 September 2003 - 04:44 PM in Off Topic

neonerfer, I think that's a cool idea, reminds me of that new movie that's coming out, "Underground". Looks like Matrix meets vampires.

I think I will pull together a LoTR costume, so that I can put the finishing touches on it later and use it for the premier showing of Return of the King. I wonder which character I should be, though... A Hobbit would be the easiest, so I might do that. But it would be much more badass to be a human or an elf. Hmm, choices choices.

#23809 Wf Vs Rf20

Posted by Jangadance on 08 April 2004 - 02:59 PM in General Nerf

I prefer the Rapidfire 20 cosmetically, the colors are better; the flaming orange and blue on the WF is kind of lame. I like the RF's pump location more too. My only gripe is the lack of a strap. But no big deal, it's not like it's a heavy weapon or something.

#25400 Were To Get A Petg

Posted by Jangadance on 02 May 2004 - 08:38 PM in Modifications

VISIPAK tubing

The closest thing they provide is .548" ID tubing, measuring .572" outside, with a .012" wall. How does this compare with cxwq/IR's material? The website offers a free sample, so I may have to try that out.

#12339 Wars Near Cheviot Hills

Posted by Jangadance on 04 November 2003 - 06:00 PM in Nerf Wars

To clarify, "Near Cheviot Hills" means within a distance that he can comfortably bike with his Nerf gun strapped to his back.

Seriously though, if you want a large scale war, ask for someone to give you a ride to the next Los Angeles area Nerf Out. That's about all there is too it. Good luck!

#132401 Wamno

Posted by Jangadance on 14 December 2007 - 12:05 PM in Nerf Wars

I will probably be in town... I'll let you guys know, and I'll try to bring a couple of friends if I make it.

Glad you're organizing it.

#20931 Vortex(Poll)

Posted by Jangadance on 08 March 2004 - 08:30 PM in General Nerf

Firestorm is the most powerful, but the Powerstrike is a fun weapon. It uses both kinds of ammunition and has 2 sequential shots. It's also the one you're likely to get for the cheapest.

#41967 Virgin Mary In Grilled Cheese Sandwich!

Posted by Jangadance on 18 November 2004 - 01:20 AM in Off Topic

I'd definately bid on it just to get a chance to eat out the virgin mary. Grilled cheese is tasty, I'm sure she wouldn't disappoint.

But I swear, people see holy symbols in the most retarded places. I think folks need to spend less time sitting alone not doing anything. What's that called again? Oh yeah, praying.

#41990 Virgin Mary In Grilled Cheese Sandwich!

Posted by Jangadance on 18 November 2004 - 01:30 PM in Off Topic

Another miracle...

I apologize if my earlier joke came across as offensive, I was thinking more of the fact that people should use their energy finding ways to help those around them (to live in Christ's image) rather than grasping for actual physical representations of his literal IMAGE. In all honesty, I do believe in praying. Not for myself, but if people want to use prayer-time to focus themselves on the things in their world which they are thankful for or that they want changed, that is great for them. Praying can be a source of personal empowerment, even though for some people by doing so it can be like you're putting the responsibility on a higher power to make things "happen". My joke was that people who believe that God is speaking to them through their sandwich need to re-examine their faith.

#32797 Vancouver Intermediary War

Posted by Jangadance on 01 August 2004 - 12:55 PM in Nerf Wars

You should be fine with Nerf guns of all types as long as you put them in your checked luggage. Don't even try to do carry on, my wayward son. There'll be peace when you are done. I flew into LAX with lots of Nerf gear last summer, no problems there. Except for the problem of the California guys not arranging a war for me. I guess Canadians really are better people after all. Have fun!

#16051 Valencia

Posted by Jangadance on 09 January 2004 - 02:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Especially just with wtrent10. :rolleyes:

But you guys could carpool together to big wars, I imagine.

#69015 Unreal Tournament Motherfucker,

Posted by Jangadance on 11 December 2005 - 03:02 AM in Off Topic

Watching The Rock right now...

I've got UT2k4, will find the original UT if you want.