Kyrativ's Content

There have been 122 items by Kyrativ (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#198020 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Kyrativ on 22 December 2008 - 01:20 PM in Modifications

here are some more blasters, ive got some that im painting as well so I will put those up in a week or so.

Posted Image
minimized LSFG loaner gun, busted out post.

Posted Image
SMDTG, ar's removed 3.5" brass barrels OVPR plugged.

Posted Image
Iron Man magstrike, pegs removed OVPR plugged hair trigger.

#197921 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Kyrativ on 21 December 2008 - 10:38 PM in Modifications

Serenity (aka my pride and joy's new paintjob)
Posted Image

This is my PC, which is about my nicest looking gun right now

Not anymore.. :rolleyes:

What gun is your pride and joy made out of?

Its made out of a big bad bow with the front sight and handle cut off.

also here are some of my blasters, sorry for the bad lighting:
Posted Image
mustang six, all of the mods seen here and painted

Posted Image
Firefly, ar's removed and painted (all by hand)

Posted Image
Dart tag blaster, new spring (double shot, despite the ranges they have pretty good springs in 'em) foam on plunger head, removed ar's e-tape plunger head lubed internals (rotation mech, plunger head, and turret-plunger seal)

None of these have official ranges but they are satisfactory for indoor wars and the like, I've got more pics soon as soon as the there is some real light outside.

#198385 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by Kyrativ on 23 December 2008 - 05:01 PM in Modifications

Big bad bow has the most of its paint done, still some things i need to fix up, enjoy:
Posted Image
added a few springs I cant remember which ones, e-tape and lubed plunger head, 8" cpvc barrel (big bad sexy).

#303828 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by Kyrativ on 25 August 2011 - 04:38 PM in Homemades

Posted Image

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Made up this the other weekend, my first homemade. 6" plunger tube, bbb spring, will be making a in-line clip barrel for it soon.

#208108 Season Of Foam Trip Map

Posted by Kyrativ on 31 January 2009 - 12:57 AM in Nerf Wars

Rad!
I can probably get myself and a friend to the Vancouver war...time to get into the war prep mode.

#174555 Official "show-off Your Crossbow" Thread

Posted by Kyrativ on 02 September 2008 - 06:05 PM in Modifications

Posted Image

Posted Image

Name: The ibow
Mods Done: Level?, PETG barrel, surgical tubing on cocking handle, lots of foam on inside for sound reduction
Integrations: N/A i would hate to cut up a crossbow shell just to put in another gun
Comments: +JC+'s old crossbow, I painted it gave it a new barrel and added foam to the inside. Hand painted band names and designs (beetles, led-zeppelin, pink floyd, kiss, and rolling stones)

#303741 Orange Mod Works Kit Reviews

Posted by Kyrativ on 22 August 2011 - 07:39 PM in General Nerf

Yeah I've already done all that, when I buy a gun it doesn't go more than 3 hours before it gets cracked open lol.

#303303 Orange Mod Works Kit Reviews

Posted by Kyrativ on 13 August 2011 - 07:29 PM in General Nerf

You guys seem to be avoiding the dart tag guns, any reason for that?

#303724 Orange Mod Works Kit Reviews

Posted by Kyrativ on 22 August 2011 - 01:02 PM in General Nerf

I'm gonna order one of these for m longstrike within the week, I'll let you guys know how it performs.

#303548 Orange Mod Works Kit Reviews

Posted by Kyrativ on 19 August 2011 - 10:34 AM in General Nerf

My point is that need guns just naturally aren't heavy, people dart around with full metal airsoft and paintball guns in their respective sports just fine. I'm sure anyone could manage a nerf gun with a little added weight, in fact it might almost be nice.

#303478 Orange Mod Works Kit Reviews

Posted by Kyrativ on 17 August 2011 - 11:20 PM in General Nerf

Seriously? You could replace a nerf guns internals will lead and it still would be lighter than a feather compared to things like paintball or airsoft guns.

#303105 Orange Mod Works Kit Reviews

Posted by Kyrativ on 09 August 2011 - 01:37 PM in General Nerf

Although I believe that these mod kits are a very cool idea, I think the execution could be better. I mean, these kits are made to take the work out of modding, and despite the pro of having only a screwdriver as a necessary tool, they take the creativity factor out. In addition, I think that they could have chose more traditional materials (ABS or PVC) as with custom milled aluminum is just way too expensive. $17 for something you can easily replicate the same ranges for by just going out and buying a suitable replacement spring for 3-4 dollars is not worth it in my opinion. That said, I think that did a great job on advertising and allowing for nerf youtubers to test.

So your saying someone who's never opened a nerf gun before can go out, buy a new spring and some PVC and do the exact same thing as an omw kit? Including the whole new perfect sealing breech thing...I don't think so

#188354 What Inspired You To Nerf...

Posted by Kyrativ on 08 November 2008 - 10:40 PM in General Nerf

I was having a get-together with my friends and we found my old ping-pong ball shooting crossbpw. I said "hey we should get some nerf guns and have a war with them" I picked up a maverick then later a long shot and nitefinder, I was disappointed with the ranges so i searched how to make them better and found the haven. Since then we've lightly modded guns and have wars occasionally to "blow off some steam"

#218407 Lancer Battle.

Posted by Kyrativ on 17 March 2009 - 09:04 AM in General Nerf

I would love to see angel win because clearly he would, but it would be even funnier if he lost. My vote is for SGM.

#206123 Clash Of The Coasts!

Posted by Kyrativ on 25 January 2009 - 12:42 AM in Nerf Wars

Im sorry I dont want to sound like too much of a douche, but this has to be the most unorganzied war thread ive ever seen for the size you want this war to be. Also how is this "clash of the coasts" if its in NJ? Thats just one coast, if you think shitloads of people from the west are going to NJ to attend this "war" you kind of need a reality check.

#206265 The Nerf Schofield

Posted by Kyrativ on 25 January 2009 - 02:07 PM in Homemades

Thats really awesome, I remember when i was a noob I wanted to make a colt revolving rifle, I've still got the idea maybe I'll go trying to find springs sometime soon. Thats a really cool looking thing you have right now but there are some things you could try if you ever make a mark three.
1) Maybe see if you can upgrade to 1 3/8" for the plunger
2) the coupler at the end of the plunger is hogging a lot of room, maybe if you cut it down and enlarged the gun (spring, cocking handle/bar/hammer) you might get some better range out of it.

Thats all I can think of right now...

#327645 NDA Exclusive! New 2013 Nerf Mega Centurion

Posted by Kyrativ on 05 March 2013 - 08:52 AM in General Nerf

I'm not sure why you guys took the OP super seriously when he posts gems like this:

Being an excited preteen is one thing; having 0 critical reasoning ability is another. A key to not being a scrub at real life is to find the small nuggets of truth in the piles of bullshit.

I have to agree with this, I've been modifying nerf guns for several years and I've found that 100% of the time, removing the faux barrel increases range. As for rifling, there is no way you could get the foam to expand enough to grab any grooves while still having enough power to heave the barrel. The reason rifling works in real guns is because the heat expands the bullet and it grabs the grooves. If the barrel isnt detachable, it's nothing a hacksaw can't fix.

#198819 Official Nerf Foam Swords

Posted by Kyrativ on 25 December 2008 - 12:35 PM in General Nerf

Im so buying the katana one, I usually nerf indoors where these would actually be practical, and they look awesome to me.

#170196 Chubbs

Posted by Kyrativ on 18 August 2008 - 01:13 AM in Modifications

Gas Mask Guy puts out an interesting point, though fugly and strange people will be staring at it thinking " what the fuck is that thing and why is it so green?" then bam! 25 shots spurt out of it, this would be similar to angels lancer, the people would be to busy staring at it than to shoot back for a little while. If i recall correctly Forsaken angel also told Talio at apocalypse to "stop looking at the gun and shoot something" Good job on having the strangest foam shooting toy i've seen so far.

#307194 Alternative Ammo

Posted by Kyrativ on 10 November 2011 - 12:37 AM in Darts and Barrels

Briefly scanned through this topic, all i have to say is;

when I joined nerf every other post used the word "foam" we used it like the smurf language. My personal beliefs are that we should stick to our 90's roots of flinging foam at friends from foam filled firearms, what an alliteration! This is, however, an impressive device for measuring the maximum capabilities of modded blasters but should be left out of wars.

#200414 '08 Highlights

Posted by Kyrativ on 02 January 2009 - 12:50 AM in General Nerf

highlights:

Vacc and talio coming back to the forums
The +bow
Finally getting my account registered
Angels roll of amazing blasters+write-ups
the amount hasbro and the NIC improved over the year (vulcan, recon, videogame, more members, more wars)

#304292 Homemade Vortex Discs

Posted by Kyrativ on 04 September 2011 - 05:57 PM in Darts and Barrels

i could see this being easier if you were to get 3/4" id foam and place it over the PVC, wrap the entire rod in craft foam, head over to a cutting device, and make your sushi, basically it would cut out 2 or 3 steps.

#304454 Homemade Vortex Discs

Posted by Kyrativ on 07 September 2011 - 11:37 PM in Darts and Barrels

Heh thanks for the credit in the write-up, Im for anything that helps the community as a whole. I'm defiantly excited for when these blasters come out and to make some homemade disks and do some testing of my own.

#174138 Tour Of The Workshop.

Posted by Kyrativ on 01 September 2008 - 11:30 AM in General Nerf

That lancer is awesome, think we could have a right involving the proper light wiring? also the blue lights seem darker than the last one are they same L.E.D's? lastly that top secret bin is sure to stir up some speculation no doubt.

#294495 Night Vision For N-strike

Posted by Kyrativ on 14 February 2011 - 11:00 PM in General Nerf

Dude get that longstrike barrel of there, I know to you it looks dmr tacticool but it's probably killing your range...if your using it to cover an outer barrel (which I can't imagine) why not use the extension that comes with the spectre? Give that a pj and it might actually look alright, even though there's a superfluous tacticool scope on it.

#293575 Night Vision For N-strike

Posted by Kyrativ on 30 January 2011 - 12:55 AM in General Nerf

night vision scope-$55
magpul buis-$85
raider-$30

looking like a milsim douche at HvZ games-priceless.

Seriously whats the point of scopes and iron sights and all that? Its nerf, not a bunch of tacticool magpul operators operating, its a bunch of childish grown ups shooting foam at each other.

To each their own. I have a set of mbus so i felt like putting them on. Keep your opinions to yourself. I'm merely showing options and how the night vision could be used for nerf.

Im not saying that its not useful I'm saying that your kinda stretching the use of irons and scopes and all that; its not totally necessary for the nerf atmosphere, applications, and limits.

Thats said to each his own, i'll stick with hip firing haha.

#293572 Night Vision For N-strike

Posted by Kyrativ on 30 January 2011 - 12:15 AM in General Nerf

night vision scope-$55
magpul buis-$85
raider-$30

looking like a milsim douche at HvZ games-priceless.

Seriously whats the point of scopes and iron sights and all that? Its nerf, not a bunch of tacticool magpul operators operating, its a bunch of childish grown ups shooting foam at each other.

#213202 The Future Of Nerf

Posted by Kyrativ on 18 February 2009 - 12:33 AM in General Nerf

In the future i hope to see nerf evolve into a slightly recognized "sport" or "recreation activity", With hasbro on this tour thing with dart tag, the SoF team/trip, Angels Massacre, and that we have more members than ever so in terms of popularity the future looks good.
In terms of guns Well probably end up with more guns n-strike guns and possible a new line of smaller and hand to hand guns that go with the N-force swords. The dart tag line will probably grow substantially because its more geared towards sport play and by the sounds of Hasbro, thats what they want.

#186931 A Gift.

Posted by Kyrativ on 01 November 2008 - 09:31 PM in Modifications

I must do this! I've always wanted to do an LED lit name on a blaster but I just couldnt figure out how, amazing work angel however I do have a few questions:
1. What springs did you add?
2. Is this the same thing you did to your old pump action shotty?
3. What ranges is this moffo cappable of?

#185802 The Snap-1 Compact

Posted by Kyrativ on 26 October 2008 - 10:40 PM in Homemades

I really like the idea of the snap bow, but there's two things that really bug me;
1. my home depot doesn't have the right supplies for building one
2. Why do you always put the massive clothespin trigger guard on them, it seems very bulky and unnecessary

Other than that good work, it seems like the site has gone through some massive homemade breakthroughs recently.

#195176 Bitchslayer

Posted by Kyrativ on 10 December 2008 - 12:24 PM in Modifications

Bitchslayer eh?

I got to get myself one of those...

#218863 My Friends Won't Let Me Play Zombies Anymore

Posted by Kyrativ on 19 March 2009 - 09:27 PM in Modifications

Cant wait. Ive got a MS but its inconvenient to have to repump in mid war only to release all you ammo in 4 seconds. i will have to do this mod once you do right up. I love how the MS looks like a paintball marker (sans hopper and 8.5'+ barrel).

#171742 Poll: Which Of These Olympic Sports Should Not Be One?

Posted by Kyrativ on 23 August 2008 - 10:53 AM in Off Topic

which of these should not be an Olympic sport, and why?
Racewalk

BMX

Ping pong

Well ping pong is actually called table tennis and that is also my vote.

#217281 Watchmen

Posted by Kyrativ on 10 March 2009 - 08:49 AM in Off Topic

Alright i'll throw in my thoughts since I've read the book and seen the movie. I felt the first half of so of the movie was very true to the novel but as soon as rorschach was put in prison they started to change it or cut it short. I did not like how they changed who said certain lines, and i did not like the added lines , though they might have helped explain the story a bit i felt like the graphic novel had much better dialogue. The soundtrack was kind of funny because it seemed so retro and happy for a movie set in such a dark time. One other thing that bugged me were the actors for ozzy and Dr. manhattan, Ozzy's actor was two young and Doc manhattan had a very soft voice for the fact that he was a totally ripped blue guy capable of exploding people/things, In the book i pictured him with a much more load and powerful voice.

#174045 Dart Tag Next Generation Or "stop Playing With Kid's Toys

Posted by Kyrativ on 01 September 2008 - 12:06 AM in General Nerf

Well this seems like a very intriguing topic so I will throw in my two cents, Making nerf a global activity like laser tag, airsoft, and paintball would seem smart but i think some of you are forgetting something, $$$. Everything revolves around money, if we were to some how open nerfing arena's there would be:
advertisement
construction
employees
nerf guns for rental
and thats not even adding in the whole "members lounge, restaurant, store etc." Overall to keep nerf a cheap and fun sport that it is we will have to refrain from global scale idea's such as this. As for video game guns, Well though they could attract older audiences most people i know who look down upon nerf isn't because they look like 6-year old guns its because it shoots painless foam darts, which to them is lame. so changing the shell of DTG's and Ls's probably wont do much.

#301643 Near-Semi-Auto Rifle

Posted by Kyrativ on 16 July 2011 - 01:12 AM in Modifications

Meh I've got a busted magstrike, I might scrap the piston and do this to it, does I require that super soaker or could it work with any air tank?

#300733 New Nerf Guns

Posted by Kyrativ on 29 June 2011 - 12:54 AM in News

The vigilon and praxis dont seem to interest me but the nitron has quite a long stock which hopefully, though probably not, means a long plunger...if these even use plungers. The proton also looks pretty sweet, It seems like it would be a good back up since its so simple to load yet it maintains the reliability and simplicity of a single shot.

That is all the speculation I will engage in for this series.

Edit: derp the nitron is likely a flywheel gun, not a plunger; based on the grey cylinder sticking out infront of the mag.

#301336 New Nerf Guns

Posted by Kyrativ on 11 July 2011 - 10:40 AM in News

So after seeing some pictures and such of the captain America shield thing it got me wondering if the suspected flywheel blaster will use 1 wheel or 2...

#327168 How has everyone been? who's still around?

Posted by Kyrativ on 22 February 2013 - 12:36 AM in Off Topic

Been scanning the forums over the past week or so...attempted modding a rough-cut but it's been a good 2 years since I've touched a screwdriver so things went...poorly. Still no nerf scene in western Canada it looks like. Good to see a few names from back in the day.

#204090 The New Firm

Posted by Kyrativ on 17 January 2009 - 11:36 AM in Homemades

wow, this thing has just changed my feelings for you rork. I've always thought the SNAPbow as a cheap rip off of two other peoples designs...Then you make this contraption with a turret and I must say that it looks really good, I also like the gun underneath. What's the air output like on the little one, could you maybe make it double barreled?

Edit: It needs a paintjob, with a good one it would really make it alot more clean and tidy then the white/beige mix of plastic right now