NerfMonkey's Content

There have been 1000 items by NerfMonkey (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#97594 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by NerfMonkey on 02 January 2007 - 10:19 PM in Modifications

My L'nLs (this is each one's fourth mod and the fifth different mod I've tried on them):

Posted Image

My 2k, just a PVC coupler; nothing special:

Posted Image

#89804 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by NerfMonkey on 16 September 2006 - 02:34 PM in Modifications

This is my brand new NF. The performance isn't quite what I'd like it to be, only about 40' flat because the barrel extends too far into the plunger tube and reduces the plunger stroke, but it will make a good pistol to rush with becasuse it's very fast due to the ability to put a dart in the tip of the barrel and suck it down when I cock the gun. I have my L'nLs for normal sidearm use. It's got a 4" Sch. 80 barrel, wrapped plungerhead and a small DTB or Crossfire spring because I couldn't find an old edition one to replace the stock one with.

Posted Image

And from the front:

Posted Image

EDIT: General Cole, I can't mount the barrel on the plunger itself but I had originally planned to put it on the end of the plunger tube, probably on the piece with the barrel peg after removing said peg and drilling a hole through the other piece with the solid restrictor in the middle. The barrel is already Gooped into place and I'm happy with the ranges it gets with the bungee cord attached, so I'm not going to bother.

#80368 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by NerfMonkey on 19 April 2006 - 05:53 PM in Modifications

This is my PC, repainted. I named it the Monkey Custom; after using it for a while the name just came into existence. My Splitfire will soon have the same all-black paintjob on the non-translucent side with a small green monkey. There are two clips in the pictures, you can't tell there's one in the gun. The small monkey is going to become my trademark.

Posted Image

Posted Image

#102194 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by NerfMonkey on 14 April 2007 - 12:40 PM in Modifications

SMG:

Posted Image

SM500 with a 2k pump that none of you have ever seen (I traded it a longass time ago):

Posted Image

This thread needs more pictures.

#102595 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by NerfMonkey on 25 April 2007 - 07:08 PM in Modifications

You put some extra image tags in there. Take them out and the pictures will work.

#131635 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by NerfMonkey on 07 December 2007 - 10:45 PM in Modifications

You're really obnoxious CornMan. Stop telling other people off, you didn't post a picture either.

Posted Image

Big Blast with tribarrel shotgun attachment. My apologies for the blurry picture.

#104078 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by NerfMonkey on 05 May 2007 - 05:29 PM in Modifications

NF knockoff from Dark Shrimp:

Posted Image

Closeup on the part where it says Nerf on a real NF:

Posted Image

#72325 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by NerfMonkey on 04 February 2006 - 11:05 PM in Modifications

This is my PC, which is about my nicest looking gun right now. It's been clip modded, though I don't have any extra clips (I plan on buying one or two pretty soon), I just wanted something to do a few days ago. One side is all black, I think it came out too glossy, with the middle yellow flame thing masked off to break up all the darkness. The other side just has a neat blue wallpaper I printed out to stick in there to cover up the ugly banded bladder. I got the idea for this from C's 3k and Splitfire writeups so all the credit for it goes to him.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#72886 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by NerfMonkey on 11 February 2006 - 09:16 PM in Modifications

EDIT: Hehe, just joking around a bit man. I'll post some pictures of my 2k later.

#71504 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by NerfMonkey on 22 January 2006 - 08:03 PM in Modifications

Do you see the white cylindrical thing on the front of the gun? That's a 2k tank. If an SSPB tank was that big we'd all be using those instead of our 2ks.

#325502 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by NerfMonkey on 20 January 2013 - 03:44 AM in Modifications

This one's not real impressive but it's the first mod I've done in ~2 years and it came out much cleaner than I expected. 17/32" brassed NF.

Posted Image

#270588 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by NerfMonkey on 28 March 2010 - 04:30 PM in Homemades

I don't do much with homemades, but holy shit it's awesome to see you on here YakMan. Stick around a while.

#71178 My Maverick Mod.

Posted by NerfMonkey on 18 January 2006 - 05:05 PM in Modifications

Regulate? I think the point was to seal the turret.

Really nice first post, more than I can say for myself. I'd like to see more original stuff like this. Good job.

#86091 Longshot Mod

Posted by NerfMonkey on 30 July 2006 - 03:48 PM in Modifications

I love you.

...No, seriously.

99'?! I was expecting maybe 80' even with a new spring. I even have a spare 3B spring lying around! Thank you so much for testing this.

One last question from me: does the 3B spring make the gun hard to cock at all? I imagine it would be about like an NF and 3B put together but maybe the side handles will make it easier.

Thanks again for posting proof of the ranges, that's amazing, really amazing.

#67520 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by NerfMonkey on 12 November 2005 - 12:41 PM in Modifications

Does Lowe's really carry brass? I've checked every time I've been there in the last year and haven't found it. Is it not with the plumbing supplies like PVC and such? I've checked nearly everywhere. If anyone knows where in the store it is (at least where you go), please tell me.

Nice list James. You may also need vinyl tubing for pump relocations and such. And airtank expansions. A tape measure may also be a good thing to have for measuring ranges and lengths of tubing more than 1'. Pipe cutters would make cutting brass MUCH easier than a hacksaw and PVC cutters have been by far my most useful tool. That and a Dremel. Sand paper and files are also helpful, but a Dremel works best for most projects. Foam craft sheet is nice, but not necessary. Paint for your own custom guns, but I usually don't paint mine. Electrical tape and duct tape are also a must.

#67531 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by NerfMonkey on 12 November 2005 - 02:04 PM in Modifications

Vinyl tubing - Where: Plumbing section of any hardware store with a decent selection of stuff. Price: $0.24 a linear foot here.

Tape measure - Where: Any hardware store, mine have it under the hand tools section I think. Price: I've seen some for $15 and some for $25. Depends on what you want.

Pipe cutters - Where: Again, any hardware store, mine has them semi-near the plumbing section. Price: Small ones, about $10, larger ones (really nice ones), about $20 or $25.

PVC cutters (the clamp kind with two blades, not normal pipe cutters) - Where: A good-size hardware store with the pipe cutters usually. Price: Mine were $30 but totally worth it.

Dremel - Where: A hardware store, most of them have them by the tools section somewhere. Price: The cheapest I've seen was about $30, but I'm sure some run over $100, plus there's the cost of extra bits.

Sand paper - Where: Yet again, your local hardware/home improvement store, but I'm not sure which section, probably the hand tools. Price: Mine was about $10 for about ten sheets of different coarseness and thickness for different jobs, really nice. Came in a little book of "pages" so you could flip to the kind you need.

Files - Where: The hand tools section of the hardware store probably. Price: About $10 I think for mine, which is a very nice one with four different parts each with a different coarseness. You can also buy a little book of them with about five or six, but I'm not sure how much that is.

Foam craft sheet - Where: A craft store like Pat Catan's, Hobby Lobby or Michael's. Price: I got mine cheap, like $2.50 for three large sheets.

Electrical/Duct tape - Where: ANYWHERE. I've seen duct tape at the Ben Franklin up the road, but it sucked. Get it at a hardware store if you want good stuff. Price: About $3-5 for a good-sized roll.

Hope this helps.

#70944 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by NerfMonkey on 13 January 2006 - 04:32 PM in Modifications

Pumping, Vibrating and Filtering

Sorry, couldn't resist.

This isn't really a modding material, but a digital camera is extremely useful for doing mod writeups and necessary for um...taking pictures.

#78355 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by NerfMonkey on 01 April 2006 - 07:50 PM in Modifications

McMaster

This is where you can get PETG and a whole lotta other stuff.

He just said that.

#67556 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by NerfMonkey on 12 November 2005 - 11:13 PM in Modifications

I too have found it at my pet store, PetCo. They only have ~3/4" ID, but if they have it, maybe Petsmart or Pet Supplies Plus will have the right sizes. Thanks for the tip ompa.

I know for a fact that Petsmart doesn't carry PETG (just checked there about half an hour ago).

That may be just your own local store though. Some ACE hardwares carry brass, mine doesn't. My Home Depot didn't used to have FBR.

#67535 Where To Buy Modding Materials

Posted by NerfMonkey on 12 November 2005 - 03:09 PM in Modifications

I too have found it at my pet store, PetCo. They only have ~3/4" ID, but if they have it, maybe Petsmart or Pet Supplies Plus will have the right sizes. Thanks for the tip ompa.

Another very useful tool is an exacto knife or utility knife. Box cutters (a.k.a. razor blades in a sheath) do just as well, but I think the utility knives are much more comfortable and easy to use.

Where: Hardware store, craft store, grocery store maybe, just about anywhere. Price: A good one will cost about $10.

EDIT: If we're calling FBR a modding material, weights will be too.

1/4" or 0.25" slingshot balls/ammo - Where: Dick's, Wal-Mart, pretty much any sporting goods or "all-purpose" store. Price: I get mine for $4 for 250 of them, maybe some are cheaper.

3/0 fishing weights - Where: Again, Wal-Mart, Dick's, lots of places. Price: I think mine are about $3-4 for 30 or 40 of them, but maybe some places like Wal-Mart have them cheaper.

BBs - Where: Dick's, Wal-Mart, sporting goods stores and the like. Price: I get 1500 for about $2.50 at Dick's, but I think they're like 3000 at Wal-Mart for like $5, unless I remember wrong.

#134089 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by NerfMonkey on 28 December 2007 - 12:06 AM in News

b4 ne one calls me a noob no im not i just havent been on here for over a year

The quality of your post definitely proves that you aren't a noob. I like your signature too.

#127872 New Nerf Blaster From Hasbro

Posted by NerfMonkey on 28 October 2007 - 07:43 PM in News

Man, it's hard to believe that you could have longshot power in a a NF or Maverick sized pistol! Plus a clip on a pistol! Man, it's gonna be sweet!

It won't be as powerful as a Longshot if it's the size of an NF. A Longshot's plunger tube alone is longer than an uncocked NF.

It looks like a Disk Shot with some extra shit thrown on it. Hopefully it will be a decent gun but I'm not buying one until we know something about them. Thanks for the news.

#61577 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by NerfMonkey on 10 August 2005 - 12:11 PM in Off Topic

All right, I know nothing at all about computers and/or software...

I downloaded the Windows 2000/XP "no nonsense" version as NerfMonkey and at the black screen that came up when I opened the file, after filling in the fields I could (most), it asked me for my user ID from server. I of course have no idea what this is, so if anyone could tell me how to find out it would be much appreciated. Thanks.

#61583 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by NerfMonkey on 10 August 2005 - 12:51 PM in Off Topic

Thanks a lot cx, I'll redo it.

#263364 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by NerfMonkey on 26 January 2010 - 10:41 PM in Off Topic

I could have edited this into my last post but want people to notice it. If you send me a friend request make sure you let me know you're from NH. I got a request from a random gamertag today and can only assume it's somebody from here but I'm not sure.

#262665 Xbox Live Recreational Community House ---

Posted by NerfMonkey on 21 January 2010 - 10:08 PM in Off Topic

I'm terrible at games.

#155284 Summer Dcno

Posted by NerfMonkey on 09 May 2008 - 09:03 PM in Nerf Wars

Don't be a pussy, just walk. Mail your guns ahead of time and then all you have to bring with you is a few days' worth of food and water. Maybe you could even hitchhike.

#156623 Summer Dcno

Posted by NerfMonkey on 22 May 2008 - 02:36 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be leaving here in 24 hours with any luck.

#156873 Summer Dcno

Posted by NerfMonkey on 24 May 2008 - 11:48 PM in Nerf Wars

I forgot to wear sunscreen (or didn't feel like putting it on), so I'm burnt.
My legs feel like they're going to fall off.
I'm greasy as hell and my hair's crusted with sweat.
I'm exhausted.

But it was worth it. Thanks to Hersh and Dean for selling me shit and thanks to Denzel for showing up; I didn't expect you to actually get up at 4:00 and drive all the way down there and back. My apologies to whoever it was that I Big Blasted in the thigh from about 8 feet away when you snuck around the corner with an RF20 and were actually on my team. Also an apology to Steve for shooting you when you were on my team and to Brandon for shooting you in the face. I don't know if you were counting back in or not but I felt like an asshole. And thanks to the Steel City guys for showing up too; I'll make the next Pittsburgh war.

The gunslinger rounds were awesome. And it was awesome when me and Dean almost ran in to some basketball players on the court while running away in one of the gunslinger rounds. That was after Jordan got shot out and me and Dean ended up being the 2nd to last team in.

And I hardly used my fag cannon the whole day; I used my 2ks almost every round.

Great day of nerfing. The Labyrinth is by far the best place I've ever played in. Thanks to everyone that helped set it up.

#156909 Summer Dcno

Posted by NerfMonkey on 25 May 2008 - 04:08 PM in Nerf Wars

I guess I'll post some highlights.

-The pistol round with Ryan209845278563 where I underestimated my NF and shot a dart right over Steve's head.
-The other pistol round with Groove. Mainly being cornered in the field by 3 other teams and making a run straight through all of them and dodging every shot. Then me and Dean teamed up and were the 2nd to last team in.
-Almost running in to some basketball players on the court during the last round.
-Shooting Hersh after he explicitly told me not to during the first pistol round, and him calling me a dick repeatedly.
-Getting hit in the neck at some point by a random dart from the sky.
-Getting shot by Ryan209845278563's +bow from up on the hill.
-Almost shooting someone next to the portables near the storage unit and realizing my gun wasn't pumped after it didn't fire.

I have to get up at 7:00 and march in a parade tomorrow.

#154520 Summer Dcno

Posted by NerfMonkey on 04 May 2008 - 02:02 AM in Nerf Wars

wait we didnt rent the field ?

That is probably the funniest thing I've ever read on this site.

#152736 Summer Dcno

Posted by NerfMonkey on 23 April 2008 - 12:08 AM in Nerf Wars

Looks like we've got a clusterfuck on our hands, gentlemen.

#149887 Summer Dcno

Posted by NerfMonkey on 07 April 2008 - 04:25 PM in Nerf Wars

That brings my chances of going down because I have to march in a parade on Memorial Day but I can probably still make it.

#149380 Summer Dcno

Posted by NerfMonkey on 04 April 2008 - 08:05 PM in Nerf Wars

Change my status from very probable to definite.

#148338 Summer Dcno

Posted by NerfMonkey on 31 March 2008 - 02:42 PM in Nerf Wars

Never mind

#149990 Summer Dcno

Posted by NerfMonkey on 07 April 2008 - 10:36 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there. The 24th is actually better for me because my aunt's coming up on the 13th.

My vote's for setting it on the 24th.

#150095 Summer Dcno

Posted by NerfMonkey on 08 April 2008 - 06:21 PM in Nerf Wars

Longshot Welder, the only person I can think of that will be coming from that direction is Nerf Monkey. And even so, I'm not sure if he's passing through Kentucky.

-Groove

Nope, OH-->PA-->MD. Sorry.

#152315 Summer Dcno

Posted by NerfMonkey on 20 April 2008 - 10:07 PM in Nerf Wars

Stick Thirst in the possible column. I spoke to him on AIM about it and he expressed interest in coming.

#150552 Summer Dcno

Posted by NerfMonkey on 11 April 2008 - 02:30 PM in Nerf Wars

Glad to see the eye protection rule's being more strictly enforced.

Looks like a nice turnout. I'll need to buy some PETG, are you bringing both kinds Hersh?

#148224 Summer Dcno

Posted by NerfMonkey on 30 March 2008 - 08:03 PM in Nerf Wars

I don't have a preference on the date. I'll probably be there.