Naes Draw's Content

There have been 92 items by Naes Draw (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#331846 DCNF7

Posted by Naes Draw on 12 July 2013 - 04:49 PM in Nerf Wars

After some discussion on my end, it's not family that's sidelining me, but medical. Turns out I've gotten seriously dehydrated. I'm fine, but it's being pretty strongly recommended that I lay off for a week or two. HARDCORE nerfing, as awesome as it is and I want to be in on, ain't. So ASDFGH and such like, but I'm dropping off. I'll definitely be looking at the next one, and I figure there's at least the UMD college park war if nothing else. Not to mention the weather's looking chancy as of now. I'm seeing 50% the entire length of the war, and I know that it's already soggy here.

If it does happen, take pictures and tag somebody for me, eh?

(I just found my darts too, but what can you do? And if anyone was lusting in their hearts for my Vulcan/possible other items, PM me and we can see about a thing.)

#331640 DCNF7

Posted by Naes Draw on 07 July 2013 - 09:48 AM in Nerf Wars

Gorramit, maybe me. Family stuff. I'll try to be there. Got my darts made at least, so I should be ok if I'm not way up in north east MD at the time.

#330916 DCNF7

Posted by Naes Draw on 15 June 2013 - 09:04 PM in Nerf Wars

Dude, it would be so great to have you back.

I'm a maybe, as always chaos.

Yeah, school was a thing. Missed the entire last season I think. One thing I'll ask in terms of sale stuff, since it's massive and I don't wanna screw with it if people aren't interested. Vulcan? I have two of the things, so I can seriously do without one, space-wise. Pretty much best offer. As far as I can tell it works, one belt.

Also my maybe is now a maybe+, barring sudden random I'm pretty likely.

#330792 DCNF7

Posted by Naes Draw on 11 June 2013 - 12:22 PM in Nerf Wars

Nerfing? In my state? It's more likely than you think!

I know family stuff's gonna be a bite coming up so I don't know as of this moment. Put me down as a maybe.

I gotta get all my stuff together still. I'll also have some random stuff available for getting rid of, (Sale preferred to trade) but I won't get into huge detail here. If someone has a incredible need to know what I might have I'll give a list once I have it.

#322819 DCNF#6

Posted by Naes Draw on 20 October 2012 - 09:39 AM in Nerf Wars

Oh my god a nerf war. I have been paying NO attention to this board due to school and life crap. It's been well and nigh too long. If I can somehow swing it I'll try to be there. Maybe me all up in this business if you would?

#302043 DCNF #1- Now Recapping!

Posted by Naes Draw on 22 July 2011 - 02:34 PM in Nerf Wars

Well, for everyone who's still going, have fun, and don't over do it. And I wanna see!

#301990 DCNF #1- Now Recapping!

Posted by Naes Draw on 21 July 2011 - 06:50 PM in Nerf Wars

At this point, I'm in agreement with Dizzy on temps. I had to sit out a round last time myself.

#301962 DCNF #1- Now Recapping!

Posted by Naes Draw on 21 July 2011 - 03:04 PM in Nerf Wars

DCNF 1 VID:
http://www.youtube.c...h?v=N0w2Cg0nczU

YAYYYY video finnnally uploaded. It's not much, but some of the footage is good. I will have the pictures up later on today as well.

Neat, I'm actually in a few shots. I have that scope, maybe I can find a cheap actioncam to stuff in it.

#301932 DCNF #1- Now Recapping!

Posted by Naes Draw on 20 July 2011 - 09:29 PM in Nerf Wars

Wow, it's gonna be real hot... We're still down for this, with it pushing towards 100? What's the melt temp of low heat glue? :P

I might be there, dunno yet. Depends on a few things.

#301661 DCNF #1- Now Recapping!

Posted by Naes Draw on 16 July 2011 - 07:58 PM in Nerf Wars

So, who's got the pictures? Mine are all kinda lame, but I'll get to it soon.

#301658 DCNF #1- Now Recapping!

Posted by Naes Draw on 16 July 2011 - 07:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Cons:
-Darts starting melting on the blacktop. We should find a different staging area (grass?) next time.

Overall, great war. Hope you guys all enjoyed it! It was a blast to host!

I SAID we should have been over at the benches, did anyone (Other then *Cool guy with red shirt who's name I forget.* listen? NO.)

Other then that, and the sunburns, and the attempts at passing out, it was great! :lol: This host guy here was a boss, even if he did make girly noises at one point. Props for the water man, life saver.

Will make an attempt at showing for the next one for sure. I had fun, still have most of my darts too!

#301606 DCNF #1- Now Recapping!

Posted by Naes Draw on 15 July 2011 - 02:17 PM in Nerf Wars

Oh hey! It's a nerf war I almost missed! Count me for sure 16th, and if the 23rd is on, maybe. Now I got some moddin' to do! :lol:

#298740 Once More With Feeling

Posted by Naes Draw on 27 May 2011 - 08:10 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm pushing this war back a week to June 4th. The chance of thunderstorms is a bit too high for my liking on the 28th.

GAH PRIOR COMMITMENTS.

I'm out, bummer. Can't make that date.

#298190 Once More With Feeling

Posted by Naes Draw on 16 May 2011 - 10:38 AM in Nerf Wars

I'm there, barring disaster.

#296829 Once More With Feeling

Posted by Naes Draw on 29 March 2011 - 02:56 PM in Nerf Wars

So does the 28th work for everyone, then?

I should be down for it.

#295841 Once More With Feeling

Posted by Naes Draw on 11 March 2011 - 09:17 PM in Nerf Wars

Getty and I don't know of any date issues as of now. Hope I can get these silly eliminators modded. My SNAP is working again though, so that'll be fun.

#295674 Beltway Bedlam

Posted by Naes Draw on 09 March 2011 - 06:01 PM in Nerf Wars

Shame and a half, but what are you gonna do? Hope timings get better at some point, and I'll be there when you host it.

#295359 Beltway Bedlam

Posted by Naes Draw on 04 March 2011 - 11:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Unless school goes completely stupid on me, I'll see you people there!

#293640 Beltway Bedlam

Posted by Naes Draw on 31 January 2011 - 08:47 AM in Nerf Wars

I would also totally dig an email reminder/alert. I don't always check NH regularly, so that would help me catch wars I might miss.

#293109 Beltway Bedlam

Posted by Naes Draw on 19 January 2011 - 08:49 AM in Nerf Wars

Yeah, so barring dumb stuff, I should be there.

#292834 Beltway Bedlam

Posted by Naes Draw on 14 January 2011 - 09:23 PM in Nerf Wars

If I can go at all, either date should work.

#291934 Beltway Bedlam

Posted by Naes Draw on 31 December 2010 - 03:25 PM in Nerf Wars

I can attest to short ranges. At umd, one of my favorite blasters to use is my Powerclip. I slam fire it, and with three mags, I have done very well defending a point. That thing doesn't have the best ranges, but it gets the job done.

Melee also can work there too, I have foam tonfa, and next go around, I'm thinking of bringing a foam crowbar, ala Freeman.

#291849 Beltway Bedlam

Posted by Naes Draw on 30 December 2010 - 12:13 PM in Nerf Wars

Well ain't that a pile of shit...

I have a hip contusion from a fall I took today. Could be a while before I'm up and nerfing again. Stay tuned.

Ouch. Best of luck to you Dizzy.

#291415 Beltway Bedlam

Posted by Naes Draw on 23 December 2010 - 05:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Edit: It seems they were way ahead of us. Andrew got in contact with the reservations office a month ago. But they're being difficult and absurdly slow, so nothing is definite yet.

Ah I know the feeling. :lol:

#291296 Beltway Bedlam

Posted by Naes Draw on 21 December 2010 - 01:35 PM in Nerf Wars

Still waiting on Doom to get back to me about a possible UMD location. If that is available I'd rather host a war there than anywhere else.

We do however need access to a PA or something, last UMD there were overlapping rounds because people didn't hear when the last one ended.

#290252 Beltway Bedlam

Posted by Naes Draw on 06 December 2010 - 01:55 PM in Nerf Wars

I'm with Gears on this one. At Dart of War people just used their regular blasters, and the day went relatively incident-free.

Naes Draw if it's the same Snap Pistol you brought to M3, I don't think it would be an issue.

Awesome, I haven't been to an indoor war so I thought it was for under-powered guns. That means I can bring my mega missle?(100 ft.) And gears, I'm alright with getting a hit from a snap, it is just that I thought that indoor wars were for under-powered, high rof guns. Just shows how much I don't know.

I was mostly curious about if it still counted. I might bring it along, but I'll take high RoF any day.

Ohh..I just snagged more CPVC, I smell a turret coming on.

#290232 Beltway Bedlam

Posted by Naes Draw on 06 December 2010 - 09:57 AM in Nerf Wars

P.S. I slapped a foregrip on my SNAP pistol. It DOES still count as a pistol, right? Functionally, it's the same blaster.

Dude, if it is indoor, most likely people will not want a snap that hits 100s.

That's not likely a concern. I've not measured it, but 100s getting it ain't. It would depend on the venue anyway.

I made the thing by glancing over a thread, and winging it, so it's not precisely built.

I'd most likely go NF and Raider anyway.

#290146 Beltway Bedlam

Posted by Naes Draw on 05 December 2010 - 02:31 PM in Nerf Wars

NERF. I've been itching for a war ever since it started looking like our club was going belly up. I scored a LS and Vulcan for $0 among other things and was planing on doing something with 'em.

Put me on as a maybe for basically any of the current dates.

P.S. I slapped a foregrip on my SNAP pistol. It DOES still count as a pistol, right? Functionally, it's the same blaster.

#280734 Umd Dart Of War 3

Posted by Naes Draw on 19 July 2010 - 08:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Carp. It double posted.

#280733 Umd Dart Of War 3

Posted by Naes Draw on 19 July 2010 - 08:32 PM in Nerf Wars

Awesome time. I'm still exhausted, but it rocked. The rounds that I saw as the biggest issues were VIP and HvZ. They were fun, but they also somewhat dragged on. VIP for somewhat murky rules, and HvZ had people hiding in their own corners of the building.
I think for some game types, more restrictions on the number of floors might help keep the action up. Having 3-4 large floors seems to spread people out. I remember there was someone who was still in lurking the halls after the rest of us had called it and gone on a sweep.

I love this event, and I also think that they are the best I've been to. I endeavor to get the HCC club to this point someday, although I don't think we could get as good a location.

*Naes Draw shuffles off.

o/' All we wanna do is eat your brains... o/'

P.S. Someones Slug darts, (The washers with the felt?) kept falling apart. I had one hit me dead in the pinky, and I saw it blow apart on impact. There were also a lot of blanks with the heads missing laying around.

#279445 July 3rd Lake Artemesia Nerf War

Posted by Naes Draw on 04 July 2010 - 12:24 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah. For the most part things were good. I had some crappy traffic on my end. :P

My NF also had the plunger rod come out, but when I put it back, I also added a maglite in with a switch, so that's cool.

People were awesome, and I'm glad, as is Shockwave I imagine that I brought that cart.

Picture!
Posted Image

A few others here.

Hope to see people elsewhere!

#278829 July 3rd Lake Artemesia Nerf War

Posted by Naes Draw on 28 June 2010 - 10:25 AM in Nerf Wars

This is looking good for me. Can't wait.

#277251 July 3rd Lake Artemesia Nerf War

Posted by Naes Draw on 09 June 2010 - 01:05 PM in Nerf Wars

I don't see this date being a problem, put me as a maybe.

#276237 M3 Encore

Posted by Naes Draw on 28 May 2010 - 10:35 AM in Nerf Wars

Fun times. It was a nice place, and cool people. Thanks for the PETG, your welcome for the 2k, and here come the pics.
Posted Image

Posted Image

More at the Album

I'm also game for more Nerf, although I'm not too likely to go farther then where NoVA was.

P.S. If you ever manage that project with the 2k, can you shoot me pics via PM?

#275447 M3 Encore

Posted by Naes Draw on 21 May 2010 - 10:31 AM in Nerf Wars

I'll bring some PETG if anyone wants some. I plan to arrive around 9:45 AM.

I'll bring some PETG

PETG

Oh how I've been waiting for those words... Yes please. I have projects waiting for just such a event.

EDIT: Speaking of, I happen to be in possession of a stock AT2k.

sharvil06
, PM.

#275393 M3 Encore

Posted by Naes Draw on 20 May 2010 - 04:30 PM in Nerf Wars

We might not be having rain (or a small shower) because the news shows a 40% chance and usually if it's under 50% it doesn't rain. Can't wait!!!

Be that as it may, I'm still double bagging my gear with a lawn and leaf inside. I don't want a repeat of noVA's after war dry out.

#275349 M3 Encore

Posted by Naes Draw on 19 May 2010 - 07:27 PM in Nerf Wars

Yeah lookin' forward to this one. Semester's winding down, Nerf is coming up.

Also, I have some I could loan.

#273791 M3 Encore

Posted by Naes Draw on 30 April 2010 - 09:08 PM in Nerf Wars

It was so bad darts were floating over the ground.

Ok, I'll baptize them tomorrow with our HCC meet, and make sure the bugs are out.

#273763 M3 Encore

Posted by Naes Draw on 30 April 2010 - 01:52 PM in Nerf Wars

I also have 2 5x7' PVC and tarp barricades. They are sorta the school's, but they won't know.
You want I bring?

#273555 M3 Encore

Posted by Naes Draw on 27 April 2010 - 06:36 PM in Nerf Wars

If it matters, I might not be able to make the 29th, I don't know yet. The 22nd is fine.