iMod1's Content

There have been 95 items by iMod1 (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#206043 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by iMod1 on 24 January 2009 - 07:51 PM in Modifications

My first real Paintjob.

Posted Image

other side

Posted Image

I am especially proud of the Nerf logo

Posted Image

and the detail on the chamber.

Posted Image

I know it doesn't match up to really good PJs like Salindin's, but it's my first time and I think I did a good job.
-iMod

#232124 Modification and Paintjob Pictures

Posted by iMod1 on 23 May 2009 - 09:32 PM in Modifications

I just recently finished an LS for a birthday. It's actually pretty nice for just using reverse stencil with painter's tape.

Posted Image

Mods Done:
AR removed
NF Spring with additional smaller spring (to keep it from rattling around inside)
Now fires taggers as well as streamlines
Replaced Barrel

If you are wondering about the spray paint, it's Krylon Ultra-Flat Camoflauge. It has the Fusion technology so I don't need glossy clear coats.

Whatcha think Brit? :unsure:
-iMod

#236413 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by iMod1 on 15 June 2009 - 11:42 AM in General Nerf

I actually did hear Ice's chair.
-iMod

#224779 Foamtalk: A Nerf Podcast

Posted by iMod1 on 21 April 2009 - 04:27 PM in General Nerf

Crazy awesome first podcast guys. And for the record, West Coast Nerf owns.
:lol:
-iMod

#233617 Nerf In Popular Culture

Posted by iMod1 on 31 May 2009 - 04:06 PM in General Nerf

Just saw the new Hulk last night, and the missile the marines use to shoot the other "hulk" guy looks almost like a Titan, except it has a modified top/barrel section. Don't know if that's common knowledge or not so don't flame meh.
-iMod

#220094 Your Worst Nerf Related Injury

Posted by iMod1 on 26 March 2009 - 11:09 PM in General Nerf

Modding:

I was dremeling just this morning when I pulled the dremel out of a piece of PVC, and the dremel apparently was loose. The uber hot sharp dremel bit came up and hit me in the face, leaving a little scratch, but it hurt like hell.

Someone once glued one of those tiny metal screwdrivers to my workbench, so I was trying to pull it up. When I successfully pulled it out, a little ridge thing came off and sliced my thumb open. That also hurt for a few hours.

Nerfing:

A while back at my 15th birthday party, apparently some smart ass had the idea to use blowguns indoors (that would be me...) and someone else hit me in the eye from about five feet away, at which point I stumbled over a stool being used for cover and almost broke my knee on the tile floor. I couldn't see for about 10 mins. THAT was probably my most favorite birthday.

Just a month ago I was having a fortress round with my friends (someone with a long range gun has to defend against everyone else) so some smart ass decided to rush the guy in the fort (again, me...) and he somehow managed to hit me in the "male parts" from about 5 feet away (he shot me with my Phoenix at full power) at which point I lay on the ground for a decent amount of time.

I have been burned by hotglue too many times to remember, and I haven't really glued myself together yet. (Two of my cousins managed to super glue their foreheads together... don't ask.)

-iMod

#236428 Raider Preview

Posted by iMod1 on 15 June 2009 - 12:34 PM in General Nerf

He's too scared to open it as of now. I'm sure he'll open it up today, however.
-iMod

#219553 Pointblank Titan

Posted by iMod1 on 23 March 2009 - 09:58 PM in Modifications

Chuck Norris invented the entire light spectrum. Except for pink. Tom Cruise invented pink.

The pump looks a little small. How many for a full tank?

Wing'd man: You sig is as funny as hell.
-iMod

#216736 The Countess

Posted by iMod1 on 07 March 2009 - 09:57 AM in Modifications

Wow. Just wow. That thing is insane. I love the PJ too. Great job.
-iMod

#219772 Frostbite

Posted by iMod1 on 25 March 2009 - 09:55 AM in Modifications

Wow man incredible job! Do you have like a pressure gauge or something to measure how long it takes to fill up the Hornet tanks? Or is it just a more time = more distance type thing? Anyways, nice job with the PJ too!
-iMod

#213811 Clusterfuck Of A Longshot

Posted by iMod1 on 20 February 2009 - 09:46 PM in Modifications

Great jelly doughnuts. You beat me to it! I am working with the same concept except with a hornet. Nice job though!! I actually think it is rather beautiful. Something we me and multiple barrels... :)
-iMod

#207763 K9's Review Of The Buzzbee Belt Blaster

Posted by iMod1 on 29 January 2009 - 09:49 PM in General Nerf

Yea do you guys have some condition where you can't see k9 is AT WORK? But back on topic: Great job k9. Can't wait for these to migrate to the western US.
-iMod

#222164 My Brute

Posted by iMod1 on 07 April 2009 - 01:58 PM in Off Topic

http://captain-gouda.mybrute.com

-iMod

#221711 Homemade Pressure Release Valves

Posted by iMod1 on 04 April 2009 - 11:31 PM in Homemades

Excellent! I cannot wait for the next update. Incredible job; I WILL be building one of these.
-iMod

#221009 April 1st

Posted by iMod1 on 01 April 2009 - 09:22 AM in News

Awww! So nice to know someone cares! Happy April Fools day to you to!!
-iMod

#236172 Expand A Blast On A Budget

Posted by iMod1 on 14 June 2009 - 10:15 AM in Modifications

Excellent job dizzy. I love the little pics behind the gun parts - especially the one with the stinky plunger head. :lol:
-iMod

#207631 Super Cheap And Easy Streamline Dart Mod

Posted by iMod1 on 29 January 2009 - 04:55 PM in Modifications

Now I have a reason to buy that ridiculously over-priced streamline ammo box at Target!! Huzzah!!

Also, What kind of BBs did you use? Copper, steel, etc.?
-iMod

#198818 Merry Christmas!

Posted by iMod1 on 25 December 2008 - 12:30 PM in Off Topic

Merry Christmas everyone!
-iMod

#202660 Mg42 Longshot Help

Posted by iMod1 on 11 January 2009 - 05:22 PM in General Nerf

Whilst reading the responses to the topic, I came up with an idea. You take two different sizes of PVC and a torsion spring. You would place the spring inside of the smaller diameter PVC, then, attach one of the spring "arms" to a solid base inside the PVC. Next, attach the other "arm" to a dart friendly loader, (basically something that pushes the darts along in the clip without them jamming) and place the loader arm in the space inbetween the two sizes of PVC. Here is a diagram...

Posted Image

The darts are terribly out of proportion, but you get the general idea. Also, the spring would have to be weak enough to not squish the darts, yet strong enough to push them ALL the way up to the breech. It's a conceivable idea, I might actually try it if I can find a spring.
-iMod

#202782 Mg42 Longshot Help

Posted by iMod1 on 12 January 2009 - 12:17 AM in General Nerf

Uhm... yea that is a very good point. I hadn't really thought of it up until now. Well I guess that drum clips aren't very practical for Nerf. :D Ah well. Back to superclips!
-iMod

#218853 My Friends Won't Let Me Play Zombies Anymore

Posted by iMod1 on 19 March 2009 - 09:06 PM in Modifications

Nice job! So it is pumped by a bike pump then? How many clips/pumps?
-iMod

#213348 The Future Of Nerf

Posted by iMod1 on 18 February 2009 - 08:24 PM in General Nerf

In regards to the direction Hasbro is going, I think they are beginning to make more and more "lazy" guns if you will that require almost no work to fire (E.G. the Vulcan) rather than making guns that require just a bit more time to use, for example a BBB or a NF. They are trying to appeal to the people that want to have high ROF blasters without much work.

In regards to the direction the NIC is going, I would say (Much more Talio than myself) that we need to stop giving noobs the wrong impression of who we are. We are most definitely not badass. We travel to different states so that we can shoot each other with modified toys for crying out loud. Who we really are is a bunch of funloving engineers that look like teenagers and adults on the outside but truly are eight year olds running around like total idiots. We need to somewhat "bend" the direction of the NIC in order to preserve the actual FUN involved in this sport that we love so much.
-iMod

#209372 Longbow

Posted by iMod1 on 03 February 2009 - 11:04 PM in Modifications

Would you happen to have some finished internal pics? I am just curious but I will wait for the write up.
-iMod

#244695 What I've Been Working On

Posted by iMod1 on 30 July 2009 - 10:44 AM in Off Topic

don't embed that point on the front into any pedestrians.

I think that might have something to do with it...

Nice bike though, I was thinking about doing something similar, it's just that all of the Razor electric bikes are so small, even for modification, and if I remodeled a gas engine it would be waaay out of my budget Nice job.
-iMod

#222840 The Skank!

Posted by iMod1 on 10 April 2009 - 04:17 PM in Modifications

That is incredible. Is that the older stampede or the newer one? Traxxas came out with one for 07-08 I think...
-iMod

#195924 The Phoenix

Posted by iMod1 on 13 December 2008 - 06:00 PM in Modifications

Yes the larger diameter allows all the air to release. The pumping is somewhat annoying, but the shot is worth it. Oh and cutting the bladder in half? That is a pretty crazy idea (in a good way) but yes you are right, there is after one shot about five pump's worth of air leftover. I might have to think about that half bladder thing though... ;)
-iMod

#195913 The Phoenix

Posted by iMod1 on 13 December 2008 - 05:26 PM in Modifications

Thanks guys! Soothsayer: Yes I hooked up the at2k tank to the bladder, so I would say that the bladder is filled and fills the tank; the tank just allows it to release quickly.
-iMod

#195896 The Phoenix

Posted by iMod1 on 13 December 2008 - 04:05 PM in Modifications

Ok this is my first post on the Haven, so I am used to Badger's bandwidth limitations. Will do.
-iMod

#196148 The Phoenix

Posted by iMod1 on 14 December 2008 - 04:23 PM in Modifications

Well, I've been experimenting with some barrels, and a long two foot barrel with 30 pumps seems to give some quite impressive accuracy, but only goes about 30 feet. The shorter barrel is what gave the insano titan ranges, but indoors, couldn't hit a 2' x 2' piece of cardboard. Any suggestions for barrel length?

#196416 The Phoenix

Posted by iMod1 on 15 December 2008 - 08:12 PM in Modifications

Well, there is actually nothing inbetween the bladder and the tank. That is actually what imaseoulman did with Arachnophobia II, because he kept the stock MS valve to "refill" the tank from the bladder. That is not what I did. The only reason it gets those good ranges is because it empties all (actually most) of the air in the bladder. So to make it semi auto I would have to put a valve in there.
-iMod

#198098 The Phoenix

Posted by iMod1 on 22 December 2008 - 05:21 PM in Modifications

It is actually very accurate with some stefans and the long barrel that I have. I just cut the bladder in half like imaseoulman was talking about, and I love it. 9-10 pumps for the same ranges. Oh and, if anything, I would definitely have my recon for secondary. I just removed the AR and it pretty much kicks ass (as hard as it may be to believe). Plus i don't have a NF at the moment.
-iMod

#196587 The Phoenix

Posted by iMod1 on 16 December 2008 - 06:48 PM in Modifications

Huh. I think the half bladder idea might work better though. Because if I did do the valve, I would either need to rig it up to the MS trigger (that would be hard, especially with the force required to open up a ball valve) or find some way to expose it on the outside for ease of use. For the half bladder though, I would, theoretically, just need to pump it 15 times as opposed to 30, and probably get the same ranges. Plus, I was messing around with barrels and such, and I decided to put a crayola over the chamber release "hole" and with a 6" barrel and 10 pumps, I got around 60-70 which would only be five pumps with a half bladder. Man I wish I didn't have finals otherwise I'd be done with it already. <_<
-iMod

#198040 The Phoenix

Posted by iMod1 on 22 December 2008 - 02:41 PM in Modifications

Firstly, I hope this does not count as a necro, because for one I have useful information, and two, it has only been about two weeks or so. The useful information I have is actually an update on the gun. I have some new additions that you might find "entertaining". This is the gun with a brand new scope I found at walmart for $7. An incredible steal, it's a Daisy Air Rifle scope, 4x15.

Posted Image

I do not take credit for this, I only thought of It after watching Angel's titan video. I love the scope and calibrated it just this morning. As for the other update, I thought a smiley face (also not my original idea) on the front of the gun would do nicely. Here it is...

Posted Image

I was able to hit the large circle on a tagger vest from the length of my house (about 40 feet), so (insert british accent) I should be able to shave the stubble off your face at 500 yards!!

I haven't been able to do any really long range tests as it is raining outside -_- I like the rain, but not when it interferes with mah guns.
-iMod

#195892 The Phoenix

Posted by iMod1 on 13 December 2008 - 03:47 PM in Modifications

Hello everyone, as Nerfdude has noticed, I am rather excited about this mod. I am 100% sure that this mod has not been done before (As in posted on the forums), but Arachnophobia II comes rather close. In addition, this mod was done of the period of several months, so I only have a limited amount of pictures, only at the beginning and at the very end. If you plan to do this mod, I have one
DISCLAIMER:
This mod will ruin a magstrike. If you like your magstrike’s capability to fling lots of foam very fast, then this mod is not for you. If you are willing to do this to be able to single the magstrike, then read further.

This mod originated when I accidentally broke the plunger tube of the Magstrike and tried to repair it with duct tape -

Posted Image

However, I could not get it to work. Before I thought of junking it, I noticed the perfectly good bladder and a plan began to form in my mind.

Materials:
• Magstrike
• AT2k Chamber
• Superglue / Gorilla Glue
• ¾ x 25 Polyethylene Tubing
• Plumbers Glue
• At least 3 feet of ½” PVC Pipe (5feet recommended in case of screw ups)
• One ½” PVC Elbow, Tee (Three way connector), coupler, and 45° angle Connector
• Keyring
• One foot of either string, copper wire, or other strong wire (twine would not be good because it will wear down)
• Duct tape

Obviously, you need to open the gun up. There is a small piece of plastic glued at the base of the pump, cut it or spend half an hour trying to pry it off (what I did).

Now first, as FA_24 pointed out, the stock valve is a stinky piece of poop. Soooo, you can cut out the entire top half of the system. Yes you heard me right. Cut the tubing, piston, valve, all the way to the bladder, including the tubing connecting the pump to the bladder. Don’t throw it away, it slides in nicely into the larger tubing for connections.

Find a drill size that matches the width of the tubing, and drill about half an inch into the back of the pump. Unscrew the plastic piece that holds the bladder in place, once you have the bladder, yank off yet another plastic piece that protrudes inside. There should be two holes on the piece, drill them all the way through.

Cut one and a half inches of tubing and glue the ends to the pump and one hole in the bladder.

Posted Image

Now for the AT2k tank. Cut off the annoying little orange goo gauge. It leaked twice then the rubber washer in the middle blew up.

Next, get about a foot of the tubing and connect one end to the bladder and the other to the 2k chamber. Because the “ledge” where the input for the chamber is somewhat small, I put a twist tie around it to seal it even more so. It should look like this…

Posted Image

For the coupler, add 5-6 layers of duct tape around the coupler to make it the width of the chamber. Then superglue the coupler to the chamber, then duct tape both the coupler and chamber with 3-4 layers of the good stuff.

Posted Image

In order to rig up the trigger system, tie the wire material around the firing pin and tie it on a keyring. Don’t worry about that until the secondary grip is in place.

Now for the stock and the new grip. Cut the length of pipe for the stock that suits you the best, I have it as about a foot and a half. Same goes for the grip, however long you want it. You need to have the PVC Tee wrapped in duct tape only about once or twice to fit in the very back of the gun.

Posted Image

Now that the PVC stock is done, cut three holes – one in the back of the stock handle, and two under the bottom of the top part of the gun. Be sure to cut the little pieces of plastic sticking out in the top shell where the chamber and the PVC stock are, they do not allow the shell to close completely.

Posted Image

Place the 2k chamber where the old MS plunger tube released, it fits perfectly with the duct tape put on earlier. It should look like this when done.

Posted Image

Ranges (30 pumps):

NO B.S.

Didn’t even bother to check angled ranges as they are so insanely far that they span from one of my neighbor’s yard, across mine, to past my next neighbor’s yard.

I am most likely sure that many people will call my ranges fake, stupid, BS, whatever. They are real. Originally I used the stock tubing, but it was too small and only allowed short bursts of air. In addition, it was very leaky. I decided to screw it and get some new stuff. The tubing I used was wider, and because I widened all the places where it was used, I effectively allowed all the air to be released at once, giving you the titanish ranges you see. And best of all… NO LEAKS!!!

If you know of anyone that has done this same exact thing before, then they have truly done it first and I could not find it. Although Arachnophobia II was singled, it still used the stock valve to pressurize the tank, which in turn was fired. In this mod, the tank and bladder release all the air at the same time, so not exactly like it.

I don’t see why everyone likes to put the final pictures at the top, and especially because I worked on it so hard, I would like them to see the design I had to think up and make work. So now… finally… NIC, I present to you...

The Phoenix!

Posted Image

I really can’t do fancy paintjobs, and because just plain silver looked so nice on it, I decided to keep it just silver.

Hope you enjoyed this modification write up!

-iMod

#235187 Performance Differences In Variants (color, Etc.) Of The Same Gun

Posted by iMod1 on 09 June 2009 - 12:40 PM in General Nerf

No one seems to have touched on the Magstrikes, so I say with 99% confidence that the new yellow magstrikes are more powerful than the old ones. In addition, new longshots (not necessarily yellow) have weaker FLAT BLACK springs. The better springs are unpainted silver/chrome whatever.

Mavs just suck altogether.
-iMod

#200445 '08 Highlights

Posted by iMod1 on 02 January 2009 - 02:28 AM in General Nerf

Ahhh. Call me nooby, but

Good,
-First year I got into modding Nerf.
-Got my account validated on here with a great first post.
-I have set a partial foundation for a new (don't know if there already is one) SDNC - San Diego Nerfers Club
-Have (In my opinion) risen from the horrors of noobdom.

Bad,
-Wasted 2+ months sealing leaks on the Phoenix.
-Screwed up two guns

All in all, a very promising first year of Nerfing.
-iMod

#209069 Math Puzzle

Posted by iMod1 on 02 February 2009 - 09:39 PM in Off Topic

Gah I'm too tired!
-iMod

#229605 Guide To Glues

Posted by iMod1 on 11 May 2009 - 05:39 PM in General Nerf

I would think maybe the gel version of crazy glue is a good addition. I use it to attach heavy duty stuff like LS priming handles, pumps, and securing other items. It isn't a great space filler, but it definitely has a strong bond.
-iMod

#236913 The Guns You Don't Use Anymore

Posted by iMod1 on 17 June 2009 - 12:08 PM in General Nerf

I'm starting a project this summer that would publish mods that are easy and simple to get people to mod their old guns. This, hopefully, would get people off their asses and nerfing this summer.
-iMod

#236902 The Guns You Don't Use Anymore

Posted by iMod1 on 17 June 2009 - 11:30 AM in General Nerf

Ok everyone, before you flame my ass, let me explain. This survey is for a project this summer, so I need your full and truthful cooperation. With that said, I don't need a monolouge. Just a few answers to my question.

I need to know from you people what guns you never use. You know you have them. The ones where you pulled out the ar's, replaced the spring, closed it up and placed it where it's sitting right now. In addition, I need common guns. Just because you have a mav, an LS, and a xbow sitting on your table doesn't mean you post with just the xbow. ALL three of them. Again, please be TRUTHFUL about what you have. This survey won't work if you have 2 Doomsayers and a few SM1.5Ks lying around instead of 2 NFs and a few DTGs.
Thanks,
-iMod

EDIT: If that includes stock guns, please post them.