pigeon4's Content

There have been 57 items by pigeon4 (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#81785 Basic Ballvalve Gun Question

Posted by pigeon4 on 13 May 2006 - 10:34 PM in Homemades

It all depends on the size of the tank and the air preassure, but because of the slow release time on a ball valve. I'd say 20'-40' average for my guns.

#76445 Paper Darts

Posted by pigeon4 on 15 March 2006 - 10:08 PM in Homemades

I personally don't think so just because nerf is foam. Always has been. In addition to that the darts are way to long to be of any use to me. I'd rather have the smaller stefans like I use.

#53257 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by pigeon4 on 23 April 2005 - 07:33 AM in Homemades

Accurate Range: 10ft
Intended Use: losing

Accurate Range: 25ft

You've got to be kidding me.

I've mostly deemed the Longarm a failure and the breech loading one isn't getting the best seal with the darts.....along with having a leak or two.

edit: The longarm would be a really good gun, but the hose nozzle releases the air too slowly.

#52698 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by pigeon4 on 17 April 2005 - 04:12 PM in Homemades

...is there anyone else actually working on this project besides me?

I am. I'm just slacking off now because I'm sick.

#52665 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by pigeon4 on 16 April 2005 - 09:46 PM in Homemades

For once I agree with NJ. Boltsnipers rifle design seems faster to me. All you do is load a magazine, pull the bolt back fire, repeat until your out of ammo, load another magazine repeat. Adding a tank would make the gun much bulkier and heavier, more complicated, and it's take longer to prime, since you'd have to preassurize the tank. If you are able to find a good expanding bladder it may be a decent gun. Personally, I have been unable too, and using a tank, such as PVC your pressure depleats with every shot, giving you less, and less, ranges.

I'm not trying to shoot down your idea or anything. I just see some complications that you'd have to overcome.

#52426 Fast-action Rifle Writeup And Plans

Posted by pigeon4 on 13 April 2005 - 06:13 PM in Homemades

I bought mine at Lowes.

#52272 Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by pigeon4 on 11 April 2005 - 07:39 PM in Homemades

You should use the edit button instead of double-posting.

#52197 Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by pigeon4 on 10 April 2005 - 08:16 PM in Homemades

Anyone know how Boltsniper attachted the extractor and what he attached it to?

electrical tape

Ha! I knew it, Thanks Boltsniper. I should have mine, the actual working portions, done by next weekend. After that, it'll spend a few more weeks making it look good.

#52171 Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by pigeon4 on 10 April 2005 - 04:35 PM in Homemades

Anyone know how Boltsniper attachted the extractor and what he attached it to?

#52075 Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by pigeon4 on 09 April 2005 - 01:04 PM in Homemades

Pigeon4, the barrel on my rifle is attached with screws to the receiver and can be removed.  I`m not sure what part you think is bonded.  That chamber is bonded to the end of the barrel.  I did this to keep the number of components down and also to permanantly set the headspace which is semi critical in the rifle.  If I ever convert the rifle to different propulsion system like CO2 I would likely build a longer barrel to accompany it. 

Oops, I don't know what I was thinking. I gotta start drinking coffee when I stay up that late. Very sorry, for my mistake.

#52050 Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by pigeon4 on 09 April 2005 - 06:40 AM in Homemades

Thanks for the tip with the stefans GeneralPrimevil. The barrel will be attached with screws instead of being glued in as on boltsnipers. The advantage of this is like the actual XM8, my nerf version can be almost as customizable.

I wouldn't necessarily call this a cult.....I think he's just started the revolution. I mean, if a lot of people start useing fast-action magazine fed guns, it'll change nerf forever.

#52009 Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by pigeon4 on 08 April 2005 - 08:32 PM in Homemades

Sounds good. I'll like seeing the finished product. For the sharpshooter configuration on my XM8 I'm going to have a CPVC barrel and use the standard PVC shells with nested CPVC. The normal configuration will fire megas though.

#51987 Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by pigeon4 on 08 April 2005 - 06:56 PM in Homemades

The ejector and extractor are part of the bolt. When the bolt slides forward, the extractor grabs the shell. Then, when it is pulled back, the ejector flips the shell out.

#51966 Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by pigeon4 on 08 April 2005 - 05:03 PM in Homemades

I'm not really a fan of either gun, but I've got to ask, what are you going to put at the base of the shell for the bolt to grab onto?

#51962 Bolt Action Plans

Posted by pigeon4 on 08 April 2005 - 05:00 PM in Homemades

Does it have a magazine? I drew up plans for a pump shotgun the other day with an over-barrel magazine. I'll start that project once the XM8, Landmine, and gatling gun are out of the way. 3 projects is too many.

#51877 Magazine-fed Fast-action Nerf Rifle

Posted by pigeon4 on 07 April 2005 - 08:41 PM in Homemades

I'm planning to use a spring out of one of thoughs cylindrical screen door closers. I'll let everyone know how it works out, if I ever finish.

#51813 Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by pigeon4 on 07 April 2005 - 05:37 AM in Homemades

but why is the "piston" so long? wouldt it work just as well shorter? also wouldnt it work better if the spring were

The plunger is so long, because instead of running in side the gun's "case" or it's own tube, it runs inside the bolt to remain airtight. The whole time the gun is used, the plunger never leaves the bolt.

also, how does he make the bolt action air tight enough to get a good shot?

That is a little thing called O-rings, and since the plunger runs on the inside of the bolt, The "air-tighted-ness" doesn't really matter that much. The air only has one path to go through.

#51773 Favorite Band

Posted by pigeon4 on 06 April 2005 - 08:05 PM in Off Topic

I can't pick just one, so here are my top 5.

Slipknot
Black Sabbath
System of a Down
Megadeth
AC/DC

#51738 Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by pigeon4 on 06 April 2005 - 04:31 PM in Homemades

I just went to his thread, watched the movies, looked at his skematics (sp?), and stared at the WIP pics. Spent about 30 minutes on all of that, then it came to me. It's really not that complicated except for the bolt, and thats only because of the ejector. It's actually a fairly simple design. There is a lot of dremeling required though.

#51732 Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by pigeon4 on 06 April 2005 - 02:57 PM in Homemades

I've never been in an airsoft war, but in nerf an assault rifle is prolly a better idea. I remember reading somewhere that if a gun fires over 150' you can't use it in a nerf war. There's really not much you can do with a loser rifle that only goes 150'.

#51661 Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by pigeon4 on 05 April 2005 - 08:20 PM in Homemades

Man whatiam, if you decided to try making one before the writeup I hope everythings going ok for you. Today is was one of those days that makes me hate modding and building guns. I'm having to remake the bolt for the 3rd time, I think I made the hole for the case to eject to big, it'll be a miracle if I fit everything in this gun, can't find room for the magazine, and to top everything off: my camera broke, so I can't post ant WIP pics. Ain't life grand :lol:

#51596 My Newest Homemade

Posted by pigeon4 on 05 April 2005 - 05:06 AM in Homemades

I especially like the crosshair yu put on there.  What it that off of, or did you make it from scratch?

If you look closely, the crosshair appears to be a small peice of 1/2" PVC with wire in the middle.

#51576 Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by pigeon4 on 04 April 2005 - 07:55 PM in Homemades

Would they be to strong? I don't know how heavy an actual bullet is, so I don't know. Please excuse my stupidity.

#51571 Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by pigeon4 on 04 April 2005 - 07:19 PM in Homemades

I think I've seen springs like the one you used. I'm probably going to end up using a spring from a giant pez dispenser in mine. Hopefully I'll find something in the future that works, so I can make some extra magazines, I'll let you know if i find anything.

I'll try to get some pictures or mine up soon. It won't be painted or have any balsa wood on it, but you'll at least see where I'm going. The plunger is whats holding me back. I was working on my loser rifle tonight, and it dawned on me that the way I was originally planning to make my plunger wouldn't work. I was going to make it a little different from yours. Your diagram shows a 1/2" SCH 40 PVC Coupling as the plunger , but my couplings don't fit inside of the 1". Are you like really skilled with a dremel or something? Either way, I'll try to get pictures of what I have done up soon.

I must agree again, the G36 is awesome. If the XM8 goes well, it may be a future project. I can't decide which I like better though, the G11 or the G36.

#51550 Removable Micro Add On For Tech Target

Posted by pigeon4 on 04 April 2005 - 05:00 PM in Modifications

1/2 PVC is for Megas. CPVC fits micros, but personally I have a removeable crayola barrel.

#51546 Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by pigeon4 on 04 April 2005 - 04:15 PM in Homemades

I agree, but lets not hijack this thread.

#51542 Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by pigeon4 on 04 April 2005 - 03:23 PM in Homemades

Dang, I better hurry up. I wanted to finish this on my own, without much outside help. I need to know what kind of spring is used in the magazine, but other than building the magazine and actual assembly of the gun it's self, I'm done. All of the smaller parts are finished. I'm also making mine to look like a XM8 Assault Rifle

#51316 Boltsniper's Homemade

Posted by pigeon4 on 01 April 2005 - 08:27 PM in Homemades

I'm trying the same thing.....only altering the design a bit. Maybe we could help each other out.

#49525 Supermaxx 5000

Posted by pigeon4 on 13 March 2005 - 04:22 PM in Modifications

Well, if I ever get mine working I'll consider this mod.

#49521 Supermaxx 5000

Posted by pigeon4 on 13 March 2005 - 03:20 PM in Modifications

Looks a bit hard to load, but good job.

#49490 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by pigeon4 on 13 March 2005 - 09:23 AM in Homemades

My Longarm (WIP):
Caliber: Megas or Micros
Propulsion: pump
Max Range: 25ft
Accurate Range: 10ft
Posted Image

Breech Rifle with Silencer:
Caliber: Micros
Max Range: 30ft or 40ft
Posted Image
I'm quite proud of this one. I only wish the ranges were better.

Copy of 3DBBQ's bullpup:
Caliber: Micros
Max Range: ?
Intended Use: test of the design
Posted Image

#49398 I Just Wet Myself

Posted by pigeon4 on 12 March 2005 - 08:59 AM in General Nerf

All I can say is w00txx0rs.

#49180 Somebody Hacked Spanky!

Posted by pigeon4 on 09 March 2005 - 10:26 PM in General Nerf

Are we at any risk?

I'm fairly sure the exploit only works with php, so Haven should be fine.

#49177 Somebody Hacked Spanky!

Posted by pigeon4 on 09 March 2005 - 10:24 PM in General Nerf

It's not realmgx anymore. If you go to NHQ, it redirects you to the board the hackers from. He has an announcement on the first page that he's hacked about 4 sites.

#44014 Halo Shotgun

Posted by pigeon4 on 14 December 2004 - 03:15 PM in Homemades

Looks awesome. Does the trigger work or is it just for decoration?

#28873 Shotgun

Posted by pigeon4 on 19 June 2004 - 05:47 AM in Homemades

I tried to use one of those ballon pumps once with a ball valve and barrel and I didn't work at all, i think it has something to do with the pump being made for a air tank that expands like a bladder or balloon, anyway cool gun just a little big.

here's my idea for a small folding barrel shotgun (sorry it's so hard to read, I can email you a better copy if you want.  I have two of those two shot shells and they fit perfectly into a 1 in. pvc barrel.  You can pump it up with a bike pump  or attach a bike Co2 thing like this, I have one and they work great, you just go through a lot of them fast.

thats actually my next project. It'll be double barrel tho.

Could you go into a little more detail about the distance each dart shoots? Such as, does one barrel shoot its darts alot further than the other one? Or do the last darts just kind of flop out, while the other ones go an acceptable range? If you have time, try putting more darts in one barrel than in the other and see if the one with more doesn't shoot out it's last shots.

I believe I already ansewred this but oh well. Both barrels get the same distance as long as I use stefans. If I use stock darts ony one will fire and thats why I made the single barrel adaptation. The ranges will suck to you but I think they are decent. 20-30 ft. Anyway. I had planned to use it as an assualt weapon anyway. So it won't matter to me. I think I get poor ranges just because the stupid pump I used doesn't work worth a flip. I hope I answered your questions

#28546 Automatic Brainstorming Thread

Posted by pigeon4 on 15 June 2004 - 05:10 AM in Homemades

in reply to the wheel idea. I think both wheel would have to be turning at the same speed for this to work. Plus, it'd flatten your dart.

#28469 Automatic Brainstorming Thread

Posted by pigeon4 on 14 June 2004 - 11:36 AM in Homemades

cool, I kind of don't want to use CO2 because I'm afraid it'd blow up in my face, but I'd still like to see your designs.

#28444 Automatic Brainstorming Thread

Posted by pigeon4 on 14 June 2004 - 05:04 AM in Homemades

If you're going to be going on a spring powered design, it's not going to be automatic, and gatling guns are very primative automatics. I suggest you decide what you want to do. Do you want a semiautomatic or an automatic. Will you be using spring, compressed air, or co2? Get the basics down and give some vauge idea of what you want to create. Try not to let other people brainstorm and then steal their ideas. Thats dumb and you're dumb and I don't like you.

This seems like a fine time to throw out an idea I've been thinking about for a while. Why not have a spring gun with a breech that reloads the gun every time you pull the plunger back? A lever system would have to be fabricated, and when made correctly it would go between the plunger shaft and the breech on the front of the gun. When the plunger shaft is pulled back, the breech barrel thing goes foreward enough to let a dart fall from the magazine and then would snap back around the dart. If this was implimented in a BBB, it would enable it to fire with the ROf of a Ratchet blast.

I know this might not help you, but you're not making it very easy so anyone who wants this idea can take it and build it. It would be fun to make it first, but it would also be fun to have the time and money to make it.

Awww, I don't like you either :rolleyes:

That system is what I was planning to make, I just don't know how,but I have a lot of free time on my hands so I'll epeiriment with it and try to draw up plans.

#28432 Automatic Brainstorming Thread

Posted by pigeon4 on 13 June 2004 - 08:37 PM in Homemades

actually, I've kind of moved off of the full auto and onto a gatling (sp?) gun like creation. I think that if I can at least make a crank driven gun (which has been done I belive. I know an official one has) I can then move on to the full auto. I also have a pretty good idea of how I'll do this, but not how it will be assembled. Can anyone tell me an estimate of what the best range would be on a srping powered?