Robonerfer's Content

There have been 27 items by Robonerfer (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#65520 Zombies

Posted by Robonerfer on 11 October 2005 - 12:16 PM in Off Topic

The problem with zombies is, they're hard to get rid of. If you cut off their legs, they crawl at you. Most effective way to get rid of them is, essentially, mincing them. Or pulping them. Or doing something that makes it very hard for them to move. Their muscles still work, but if they're not attached to anything, they can't do anything.

Oh, yeah- blades don't need reloading.

I got a 79%.

#55389 What To Do?

Posted by Robonerfer on 21 May 2005 - 11:11 PM in General Nerf

Option A: Be nice and try to convince him to come back.
Option B: Ask him "If it's for 5 year olds, then how come you're complaining that it hurts too much?" ^_^
A might work better, but B is a nice snappy comeback. If it shoots 200 feet, though, even 40 feet is rather close, since it's 1/5 the normal max range, and the titan is really powerful, so a better idea might be B, then A quickly while promising to use the titan only for at least 100' range shots.

#47781 Toy Fair In New York Next Week

Posted by Robonerfer on 22 February 2005 - 06:41 PM in General Nerf

Not entirely sure, but i think about 6-8 months. If I'm wrong sorry.
If the tag set is a cocker, get it, then take some bars and attach the cocker and triggers together, then duct tape the rest of the gun together. 10-shot Warthog! :D
Hi, I'm new, I'll try to not post idiotic stuff and I'm generally pretty good at using good spelling and punctuation, just for you, ompa. :blush:

#62420 Smoke Stefans/ Markers

Posted by Robonerfer on 22 August 2005 - 03:09 PM in Homemades

The relevant science is high pressure gas decompressing rapidly gets cold. FAST. That's the principle behind refrigerators, and it causes the condensation you see from the gun. Essentially, it makes the air cold, and then the water condenses, and you get fog, like when you breathe on a cold winter day. The only difference is that the AT2K is making the air cold when it would not otherwise be cold, so you can do it on a warm day, too.
Note: If you want to see the principles of refrigeration in action, just watch a co2 cylinder when it gets stuck open- I was using the air rifle, and the big refill bottle valve got stuck open, and you could SEE the frost forming on it. It was pretty cool (ooh bad pun) once you got over the shock of it hissing and spraying fog everywhere in your hand.
If you want to use powder ammo, one way to do it is to use a muzzleloading gun. Push a very short piece of FBR, such as a shotgun stefan, down the barrel, pour the powder in, and then push another piece of FBR down the barrel. When you shoot the gun, the back piece of FBR will push out the powder. The front piece is just to keep it from spilling.

#54865 Show Me What You're Working With

Posted by Robonerfer on 14 May 2005 - 02:14 PM in General Nerf

So far it hasn't, but that might just be coincidental. I still need to add a few little details, like these two plastic stubs to stop the bottom at2k barrel from drooping and blocking the pump, putting the pump cap on the top pump, etc. The reason it looks so choppy is because all plastic surgery was done with a pair of nail clippers that look like wire cutters. Plus I'm just not good at "clean" mods yet.
I take it you like it?

#54860 Show Me What You're Working With

Posted by Robonerfer on 14 May 2005 - 12:40 PM in General Nerf

BV- Yeah, he added 2 singled at2k's.
My gun-
Name: Omnis Telum, or Om if that's too long for you.
Description: One extremely fugly gun. Possible relation to Daemon.
http://img160.echo.c...4/omleft3zh.jpg
http://img91.echo.cx.../omright5qq.jpg
http://img248.echo.c...4/omhold4ki.jpg
I know the one barrel looks like it's tilted upwards, but I checked it and it's straight.
Fugly, huh? :blink:

#61746 Revising My M16 Concepts

Posted by Robonerfer on 12 August 2005 - 10:09 AM in Homemades

Go to Homemades, which is at the top of the screen, and then click on Fast-Action Rifle. That should help with pretty much everything.

#62641 Other Nerf Guns?

Posted by Robonerfer on 28 August 2005 - 09:47 AM in General Nerf

2k 2 packs- Target for $10
3k 2 packs- Toys Is We for $15, I think. Might be more. They definitely have them though.

#61391 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by Robonerfer on 07 August 2005 - 07:43 PM in Off Topic

:blink:
Nice estimates!

The fact that you're having fun is a very common response to a situation like this, which is that they give you a reward that doesn't actually exist for doing something. Then they add competition to make it even more appealing, and it's irresistable.

:blush:

Sorry about that, I've been doing an online psychology course recently and it's just starting to sink in.
Flamebo- probably not. Just keep working.

#60295 Nerf Dart Tag!

Posted by Robonerfer on 26 July 2005 - 10:43 PM in General Nerf

You hold one gun in each hand, and then use two fingers to cock each one with the other hand while still holding onto the gun. At least, that's what I thought he said, and it seems to make sense, because I have experienced similar situations because I am a terminal reader, and you learn ways to do stuff while still holding onto your book when you're like that.
Must . . . get . . . dart . . . tag . . . set . . .
So they're out in Walmart, Target, and Toys is We? I think I'll call my target that's less than 2 miles away . . .

#54517 My Shotgun Prototype

Posted by Robonerfer on 09 May 2005 - 10:00 PM in Homemades

About the hinge problems, you could simply leave it out and just pull the barrels totally out of the coupler, load them, then stuff them back in, which would eliminate the problem of the pvc not going in straight. I like the way you designed the plunger so that the spring is nicely self-contained. I don't think you'll need two trigger-springs, though.
This looks like it could be quite good if it works . . . good luck.

#54552 My Shotgun Prototype

Posted by Robonerfer on 10 May 2005 - 06:38 PM in Homemades

Erm . . . . . that sounds like it might make it harder to load the dart, without much benefit to the stuffing back in. Again, good luck making this.

#61596 Modified Nerf Gun-picture Thread

Posted by Robonerfer on 10 August 2005 - 04:59 PM in Modifications

Omnis Telum III, produced in one particularly bad period of temporary insanity.
http://img364.images...1005left1ry.jpg
http://img70.imagesh...005right5ja.jpg
NF base with integrated AT2K, AT2K, AT2k, and SSPB. OMC's crossbow seems similar to this- a weapon produced by taking a good weapon, sticking another good weapon on it, then going insane and sticking a few more good weapons on it.
I've got a few other things too, but none of them equal this.
Like it? :lol:

#61643 Modified Nerf Gun-picture Thread

Posted by Robonerfer on 11 August 2005 - 01:49 PM in Modifications

Yeah, I'm not really expecting to win any Best-looking Nerf Gun contests with that thing. You've got to admit that being fugly as hell just makes it look even scarier, though . . .
This is especially nice because you can have one loaded with shotgun stefans and the rest loaded with a normal stefan, and then you have both a shotgun and a rifle, a backup rifle, a pistol, AND a holdout weapon, all on one gun. I'm thinking about getting a Dart Tag Blaster to go with this.
Note: That wierd black rectangle on one side is a belt-clip.

#61097 Groove's Nf

Posted by Robonerfer on 04 August 2005 - 10:33 AM in Modifications

Nonononono, the air leaking out is what fires the valve. It's a diaphram valve, and air has to come out the back for it to fire. That's how the hornet and blastfire work- the trigger pulls back a stopper that lets air out of one valve at a time, and they fire. The blast button lets air out of all the barrels at once, so they all fire at once. If you hotglue under the trigger, you will disable the SSPB. That won't be much of a problem, though, because hotglue rips off very well. A SSPB is essentially a stand-alone hornet valve with a small pump.
Edit: Ompa beat me to it.

#60163 Far Revisited

Posted by Robonerfer on 25 July 2005 - 11:16 AM in Homemades

He doesn't have the time to make multiple FAR's, owing to the unfortunate application of things like "real life" and "work". Not having to make the bolt would be awesome, I would also like it if you made a redesigned (sp?) FAR using Ompa's schweet new clip which shoots micros.

#64486 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by Robonerfer on 27 September 2005 - 09:23 PM in Darts and Barrels

It's called Foam Backer Rod, it's essentially a round rod of foam that you put in large cracks so that you don't have to use as much caulk to seal them. It's by the weather strip in most hardware stores. It can also be brand-named Caulk-Saver. Be prepared for a long trip to find it- in my Home Depot, I had to go through five staff members before I found one who actually knew where it was. Asking where the weather strips are would probably be much more efficient.

#64812 Custom 2k-nf

Posted by Robonerfer on 02 October 2005 - 09:21 AM in Modifications

You take out the air restrictors that remove 95% of the gun's power, give it a 6" barrel, and watch in amazement as it shoots a dart nearly 100". I think they wanted to make a high power gun, but with the safety laws, they had to put huge air restrictors on it. Fortunately, this kept it at the same power level for us, because we always get rid of the air restrictors.

#63346 Chicago Nerf

Posted by Robonerfer on 08 September 2005 - 08:04 PM in Nerf Wars

He edited.
@#%$!@$%@! A nerf war in my area, FINALLY, and I can't come!
Hrmpf. :angry:

#54277 Breech Load With Brass?

Posted by Robonerfer on 06 May 2005 - 10:53 AM in Homemades

If it's in PVC, you could probably just put the pvc into a pvc coupler. Just make sure the back of the barrel assembly is airtight except for the barrel, and that should work. Good luck man.

#55530 Better Than A Nite Finder ?

Posted by Robonerfer on 23 May 2005 - 10:09 PM in Modifications

This is better than a Nite Finder:
Omnis Telum II
If you've read the "Show me what you're working with" thread, you'll know about this already. This is slightly updated, and I plan to put another at2k on. After that I think I'll stop, though, because I'm starting to run out of trigger fingers.
http://img181.echo.c...omiileft3vb.jpg
http://img181.echo.c...miiright6lm.jpg
It used to have a sspb in the handle, but it was sucking (as in 15 pumps for a range of 0-5 feet) so I took it out and stuffed the space with fbr.
Like it?

#55557 Better Than A Nite Finder ?

Posted by Robonerfer on 24 May 2005 - 02:27 PM in Modifications

It holds much better than it looks, especially if you hold the bottom pump tube with your other hand. The at2k's are breeched, and the nf you can just stuff the dart down the barrel with your finger. The e-tape on the at2k barrels is because I didn't have any cpvc couplers, so I just gooped on a piece of pvc that has a much thinner wall than sch. 40 (I don't know what it is- I got a marshmallow shooter for my birthday, which was nice because it had some different types of pvc and some T and 90 degree joints) and then wrapped the cpvc in electric tape until there was a little too much for a tight sliding fit. Then I stuffed it in there, and the electric tape got shoved up into a ridge in front of the pvc, and after a while it just stayed there. You just shove the cpvc into the pvc up to the ridge, so it comes out the same every time and has a nice airtight seal. It works quite well.

#55546 Better Than A Nite Finder ?

Posted by Robonerfer on 24 May 2005 - 10:40 AM in Modifications

But you might have gone over the top slightly  :blink:

Um . . . is there a problem with that?
Yeah, I don't have anybody to have a war with here, so I content myself by attacking the guns viciously. Currently, it's a lot more comfortable than it looks (although that isn't hard). I looked at it, and it does look like I could get another one on there down by the bottom, and then glue the pump on the bottom and the pump handles together so that you can pump both at once, and them mabye glue the bottom barrels together. And then I MIGHT do another dual on the outside of the top . . . . or mabye I won't. I love taking things apart and fiddling with them- I used to take broken TV's from the trash piles and take them apart . . . those were the days. I still have the magnetron from the microwave . . . Oops reminscing. You're right, it is quite ugly.

#61422 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Robonerfer on 08 August 2005 - 10:13 AM in General Nerf

If it's nerf, the stompy thingy is the Missle Launcher. I saw it on Nerfcenter.

#60871 Arsenal Aprassial Thread

Posted by Robonerfer on 01 August 2005 - 10:54 PM in General Nerf

I've got:
Titan- valve modded and air restrictors removed.
Two-shot hornet (REALLY don't ask . . .)
Scout- stock
2X Wildfire- one clip modded, the other half-destroyed for an unfinished project. It still works however.
Destroyed sharpshooter 1
2X Maverick, 1 clipmodded, one destroyed.
Om III, my Uber-modded NF+AT2K+AT2K+AT2K+SSPB insanity creation. I'll post pictures if you ask.
Yes, I really did glue four guns together. The SSPB doesn't count as a gun because it's so easy to integrate.
I also want to aquire a dart tag set, but my local Target doesn't have them yet.

#48217 A Teaser........

Posted by Robonerfer on 27 February 2005 - 09:00 PM in Homemades

I shoot .22 rifle . . . . DAMN that thing looks like a semi-auto rifle, it's even got a brass ejector . . .
`/0[_] p0\/\/[\]z0[2$ 3\/3[2`/0[\]3!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I dare you to actually understand what I just said.
Try to get this finished quickly, so I can drool over it.

#63349 'big Bad' Glory

Posted by Robonerfer on 08 September 2005 - 08:11 PM in General Nerf

Very, very good. Somewhere slightly below the Crossbow, but not very far below. CPVC coupler modded=awesome. Ompa clip modded=uberownage.
What I like most, is that the uneccessary (sp?) bow arms are pre-removed, so you don't even have to saw them off.