nerfnerd88's Content

There have been 154 items by nerfnerd88 (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#364604 Vintage Nerf Guns

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 18 August 2020 - 01:21 PM in General Nerf

Non-vintage blasters weren't selling on their own so I've posted them as a lot.

http://rover.ebay.co...lg&toolid=11111

#364603 Vintage Nerf Guns

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 18 August 2020 - 01:18 PM in General Nerf

Non-vintage blasters weren't selling on their own so I've posted them as a lot.

http://rover.ebay.co...lg&toolid=11111

#364595 Vintage Nerf Guns

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 12 August 2020 - 07:46 PM in General Nerf

I noticed the trading forum is no longer active. I have some vintage nerf guns I'd like to get rid of; some of which are brand new. Where should these be posted?

Attached Thumbnails

• Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 7.40.44 PM.jpg

#355219 Rochester MN possible war?

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 26 July 2016 - 04:33 PM in Nerf Wars

I'd be down for one.

#352557 MN Spring 2016 Nerf War

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 01 April 2016 - 12:24 PM in Nerf Wars

I'll be there and may have a plus one.

#345243 Flywheel Coating

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 26 February 2015 - 11:38 PM in Modifications

Wrap some rubber bands around them. Then super glue them so theres no slippage.

#345241 AT2K Dead Space Reduction Coupler

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 26 February 2015 - 07:45 PM in Modifications

Let me start by saying while this isn't revolutionary it is effective if you don't rear load your AT2K. First parts pretty common place so I won't bother with pictures. Plug pump, bypass goo gauge, and then I reinforced the tank using Makeitgo's technique to reinforce the tank http://nerfhaven.com...showtopic=22588

After thats done take your half inch coupler and glue in about a 1/2" pice of 1/2" PVC on the side of the coupler that will be glued to your tank.
Posted Image

Now take a 3" section of 17/32" brass and insert 2 inches of that into a 1ft section of PETG. Glue a section of 1/2" PVC from the base of the PETG upwards. Make sure that 1" of brass is still protruding out and glue an airtight seal to the PVC.
Posted Image

Now when you insert your barrel into the coupler virtually all the dead space is removed.
Posted Image

Then I just added 6 scrap pieces of PETG as dart holders.
Posted Image

Haven't bothered measuring ranges. Slugs at 8 pumps hit close to 140.

#342444 Cool Find At Store

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 16 October 2014 - 08:46 PM in General Nerf

I was at the Toys R Us in Rochester MN and came across 3 old school packs of micro darts. Must've been left at the bottom of some crate in some warehouse somewhere. Listed as $1.99 a pack so I picked them up. Kinda cool.

Posted Image

#336740 zombie strike crossfire singled coupler

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 29 January 2014 - 03:22 PM in Modifications

UPDATED

#336726 zombie strike crossfire singled coupler

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 28 January 2014 - 10:57 PM in Modifications

Hello community. It's been years since I've been active with nerf. It's amazing how this community has changed in 4 years. Anyway I came across this crossfire bow at target which obviously made me think of the legendary crossbow so I figured I'd try to mod it. My hopes weren't that high but I picked it up and took a look inside.

Posted Image

Not too impressive but It has potential. I took apart the few pieces and then tried to figure out how the four barrels worked, I tried pulling them apart and in the end just gave up.

Posted Image

Then I grabbed a ½ coupler, epoxied it to the end of the plunger tube and then covered it with some duct tape.
Posted Image
Added on my barrel and taxa!

Posted Image

I have yet to even upgrade the spring as I didn't have any that fit but right now the ranges are significantly improved. It's definitely useable in battle, though not up to the original crossbow. I'll get a new spring in it tomorrow and update you with ranges. Theres also a lot of dead space below the barrel so I'll be doing some minimization.

UPDATED (Sorry No Pics)

So I used a small screw then epoxied the exterior to help reinforce the draw, and upgraded the spring. As for ranges I'm constantly getting 52'-56' with the stock darts. Just for fun I also incerted a small sample of Tritium right on the end of the plunger head (I checked and it doesn't do anything to help/hurt the gun) to create what I believe is the first truly radioactive gun on Nerfhaven. So you can blast your opponents with Beta infused darts!

Overall its a decent blaster. I'll be keeping it as my collection is down to 4 guns. But I wouldn't use it as a primary.

#248121 Arrow Storm

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 22 August 2009 - 01:02 PM in Modifications

Its about half as loud as it initially was. It is a little louder than dry firing a nite finder

#247849 Arrow Storm

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 20 August 2009 - 05:12 PM in Modifications

For those of you who haven't seen it, it is just a rip off the nerf Arrow Storm. It shoots about 30' out of the box, and the barrels have a slight upward angle of about 10 degrees.
Posted Image

When you first open up the gun the huge spring will shoot out the back. (You do NOT need to cut it so it fits conformably.)
Posted Image

You will notice that there is nothing to guide the spring back. So as the spring is pulled back and fired, it rubs against the inner wall of the gun. This is what causes the ridiculously loud sound when priming and firing the weapon.
To fix this I used the stock lonshot barrel as a guide for the spring. (any hard tubing around 3/4in will work) Cut this piece so it is almost 4 inches long. Then glue it to the back and place the spring around it.
Posted Image

Next take a look at the top of the plunger shell. You will see a small hole, cover with glue.
(Its hard to see in the photo)
Posted Image

I removed the Ar's on the outside but haven't CPVC'd it yet.
Posted Image

I am really excited to make it shoot darts because it is so effective with the missiles.
The ranges were measured straight from the video. The last one was angled so it doesnt really count.

50'
51'
51'
47'
51'
56' (Angled one)

#224595 Final Cut Express 4 "matrix"

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 20 April 2009 - 06:08 PM in Off Topic

Does anyone know if you can create bullet effects like this

using final cut express?

#224151 Mac Vs Pc

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 17 April 2009 - 02:59 PM in Off Topic

I was just wondering what others thought on this subject. I would have to say mac since the most basic mac comes standard with

Glossy LED screen with 1,680-by-1,050-pixel resolution (optional 1,920-by-1,200 resolution for $100 more)
2.4-GHz Core 2 Duo processor
2GB of RAM (upgradeable to 4GB)
256MB Nvidia GeForce 8600M GT video
160GB 5,400-rpm SATA hard drive
8x SuperDrive (DVD+R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
Gigabit Ethernet port
54Mbit/sec. a/b/g/Draft n Wi-Fi
Bluetooth 2.0+EDR, ExpressCard/34 card slot
Three USB ports
One FireWire 800 port
One FireWire 400 port
DVI port
Built-in iSight video camera
One-year warranty (upgradeable to three years)
Runs OSX XP and Vista
Comes with iLife

What do you guys think?

#221797 Paintball To Nerf

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 05 April 2009 - 12:49 PM in Modifications

The shot in the video doesn't look flat. And you should be getting much better ranges than 150ft.

#220084 Pointblank Titan

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 26 March 2009 - 10:26 PM in Modifications

On-topic: Jeez, how much smaller can people make these things?

My Titan shell broke so I put it in an AT2K and made it shoot stock darts.

Posted Image

Posted Image

The tape is only temporary to hold the tank while I glue it in.

It gets around 120 with taggers and 130 with whistlers.

Because of my set up I can now choose between 1/2in PVC or 1/2in CPVC to use as a barrel so it shoots stock and homemade darts. (No ranges on the homemades)

#219814 Video Converting Sovtware

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 25 March 2009 - 05:26 PM in Off Topic

If you have a mac, Squared 5, and Tube TV are some of the best converters around. Both of which are free.

#219671 Recommend Me A Gun Based On These Specifications

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 24 March 2009 - 05:29 PM in Modifications

Titan, Dead accurate, somewhat decent ROF.

AT2 or 3K

#219663 Pointblank Titan

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 24 March 2009 - 04:10 PM in Modifications

Nice Job, real clean. I like the stock on the minimized Titan.

Off-Topic: Do anyone else's Nerf Wars allow the use of titans that shoot stock darts?

#219006 Titan Mod Help

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 20 March 2009 - 08:23 PM in Modifications

I use 33-35 pumps.

#219002 Titan Mod Help

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 20 March 2009 - 08:15 PM in Modifications

If you want better ranges, I would just plug the pump.

#218999 Titan Mod Help

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 20 March 2009 - 08:12 PM in Modifications

Assuming your using the stock pump, how many pumps do you usually place into your tank, this is probably the easiest thing to change the range.

#218522 Singled Recon?

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 17 March 2009 - 08:30 PM in Modifications

He threw the guns. And unless he added new springs, reinforcements, barrels, no AR's, the full 9,000 yards I believe nothing as far as just a maverick spring.

Me? I can post a vid If I'm not believed.

Could you please post a video. Your mod is not in the directory and I don't believe some springs and a new barrel could add up to 85'

#218475 Singled Recon?

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 17 March 2009 - 03:57 PM in Modifications

the best I've gotten is 85' with a FUCKING HEAVY MODDED Switchshot Wii. But it has really heavy modifications. Its nice though. I posted a write up a while ago, search for that.

What "Heavy Mods" Did you use with your Switchshot? I've never gotten over 50'

#214990 New Raider CS-35 Speculation Thread

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 25 February 2009 - 07:54 PM in General Nerf

l33t can you please give me a quote on where it said the Fury Fire was a springer?

Furyfire - holds 10 darts. Instead of cocking the gun back, like the Maverick, etc. you'll pump the handle at the front of the gun, like a shotgun. This will load the gun, and then you can fire with the trigger, then repeat. Basically a newer and better version of the Dart Tag (10 dart version). Actually it's a lot more similar to the Maverick, in terms of how the gun is designed. Only real difference is that the rotating barrel is more like the Firefly, and the pump is at the front, for "easier and faster firing". It's not an air powered gun, with an air pump and a tank. It's spring loaded, like the Maverick, Raider, etc.

As much as I hate proving people wrong... Actually I'll really enjoy it in this case. The furyfire is a pump action gun. I am now 99% sure. Look at the two furyfire guns.

Posted Image

Notice how the green one on top has the priming handle fully extended, while the orange on on the bottom is only half extended. If this were a spring powered gun there would be a second spring pulling the handles back up so the plunger tube could properly fire.

So there it is. They use an air tank.

#214730 Larami Darts

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 24 February 2009 - 06:30 PM in General Nerf

I have a few Larami darts from my 2 supermaxx guns, but was wondering... Did they ever sell refill packs? I don't remember ever seeing any in stores.

#214274 Potting Trigger Springs

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 22 February 2009 - 07:12 PM in Modifications

This mod really depends on the gun and its modifications. There is definitely a fine line between whether it works or doesn't. For example when I first brassed my AT2K (Before Plugging the Pump) I used it with the spring and it shot great, then I glued it and the range decreased. I found that after plugging the pump the range was great with the glue. For experimenting I removed the glue and the range decreased. At that point I tried to re-glue but ran out of glue during the process and found that the half glued spring shot the best.

Physics.

#214261 Magstrike Bladder Replacement

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 22 February 2009 - 06:11 PM in Modifications

Very nice job. With a wildfire bladder and nothing behind it to kick in the OPR, when the bladder reaches the end of the casing you should be able to fire off 3 mags easily.

Although for some strange reason it seems all wildfires plastic casings around bladder are dirty.
PS. I like the powerclip mag :P

#214260 Magstrike Bladder Replacement

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 22 February 2009 - 06:09 PM in Modifications

ll
V

#213972 Alrighty. Here's Some Stuff To Look At.

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 21 February 2009 - 07:24 PM in General Nerf

Those dart tag pump action 10 shot revolvers sound VERY promising.

#213969 Bullpup Design?

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 21 February 2009 - 07:17 PM in Modifications

Yeah I know what a bullpup gun is. It feeds the magazine behind the trigger. Look at the Raider video, the drum is behind the pumping handle.

EDIT: Sorry, I didn't notice the trigger being pulled in the video. My bad.

#213928 Bullpup Design?

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 21 February 2009 - 03:15 PM in Modifications

From the firing video the Raider is a bullpub gun, but its a pump action so I don't know if it counts.

#213772 ..

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 20 February 2009 - 07:14 PM in Modifications

Now for a noobish question.

Exactly how to backpressure-firing tank systems work? I'v been using them for a while and have an idea how they work but never really understood.

#213347 The 2nd Powerclip Write Up.

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 18 February 2009 - 08:14 PM in Modifications

The final stage.

This first part I'm going to show you may not be necessary for all of you. But with my powerclip on the rare occasion the clip will not advance.
I used duct tape to show where to place it, but packaging tape will be better suited because there is virtually no added resistance.

Posted Image

Cut and lay around 3 layers.

Posted Image

This will push the advancing piece in more towards the clip so it shouldn't miss the notches.

For this next part you will want to remove that copper piece I told you to use earlier. Instead of filling some of the dead space we will just directly eliminate almost all of it by having the piston release the air further into the dividing piece.
You will cut 5mm off of the back part of the shell that holds the piston in place (Do this to both sides). The piston should still be firmly held in place when this is finished.

Before
Posted Image

After
Posted Image

The last thing I wanted to do was add a little more spring power to pull the piston back quicker. I used a old spring I found that was just large enough to fit over the piston and still fit in the gun. I stuck the spring on and needed a place for the spring to start building up tension. I used a piece of scrap plastic to use on the spring. I measured it to the right size and place, then firmly attached it to the other side of the shell.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now I have done everything I can possibly think of to modify the Powerclip, but I hope someday there might be more to come.

#212433 The 2nd Powerclip Write Up.

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 15 February 2009 - 01:42 PM in Modifications

Part 2

What I didn't mention before is that there are 2 main ways after removing the belt clip and cutting the base to make the magazine fit. There is a small lip on the side that follows up to the top of the mag. Sand it down.

Posted Image

Or if you don't want to sand it down you can cut a small indent into the top of the gun where the magazine is fed.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Now the other thing I noticed with this gun is when the piston is fully extended there is still 6mm of dead space.
Posted Image

To fix this I cut 5mm of 1/2in copper and glued it in place. Covering non of the crucial parts of the holes.
Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

Part 3 coming soon.

#212285 The 2nd Powerclip Write Up.

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 14 February 2009 - 07:43 PM in Modifications

Are powerclips and magstrikes automatic fire only? or can fire without using the whole clip in one shot?

No. You can fire a whole clip at once or one shot at a time. It just depends on how good your trigger finger is.

#212171 The 2nd Powerclip Write Up.

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 14 February 2009 - 10:31 AM in Modifications

This makes me want a pc... Did you make or buy that outfit?

HA. You're the fucking man. I loved every second of that video. Storm trooper shakes powerclip until spent magazine flies out.

It's interesting that you made the clips to fit... Not sure why. There's a little lip on the side of the powerclip magazines that stretches the length. Is there the same on the magstrike's? Do you have to cut that off as well?
Did you band the gun? I have one band of tubing on mine with the PC piston, and with 21 pumps (the opv kicking in), it shoots about one and a half clips, at about 50 feet flat. Are your ranges flat as well? They seem high, though I never shoot the PC anywhere near flat in a war.

Actually, Chas, since I know you're going to read this at some point, we should just cannibalize what's left of your magstrike and make this hybird thing like he did here.. Mmmm.

Do the magstrike clips still work in the magstrike? Because that would just make this perfect. Chas, you still have that NIB Iron Man MS here.

I did not have to remove the side lip on the magstike mags, The bladder isn't banded, Ar's are removed, I used FA24's mod around the o ring on the pison, And those ranges are with converted taggers. I'll have a new video up by sunday, where I'm not shooting straight down.

But most importantly I did make the suit!

:EDIT: If you look carefully in the video you will see that when the mag breaks when it flies out and hits the ground.

#212061 The 2nd Powerclip Write Up.

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 13 February 2009 - 06:53 PM in Modifications

Part 2 below
Part 3 below
I'm going to show you how to make your powerclip shoot off 2 magstrike magazines and increase range by about 10 ft.

Lets Begin.

Posted Image

The Magstrike mags are identical to the powerclip mags with the exception of 2 things
#1 the Magstrike has a belt clip on the side of the mag that must be taken off.
Posted Image

#2 The Magstrike mags have a longer base that must be reduced.
Posted Image

After messing around with the internals I accidently broke the Powerclips piston, thankfully I had a previous magstrike piston handy to use. For some reason the Magstrike piston is more air efficient. When the new piston was in its place I found that I was able to shoot off 2 clips with up to 65ft ranges.

21 pumps=2 mags. Thats pretty damn efficient.
Posted Image

(Do keep in mind that the Powerclips green advancing piece still must be used.)
Posted Image

Here is a partial video. My camera died on me when filming so it ends short. I'll remake the video with ranges and both mags firing this weekend.
(If you don't like the video at least like my suit.)

Posted Image

#210880 Anyone Want To Join A Band?

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 09 February 2009 - 05:02 PM in Off Topic

I'll try to get back to all of you by this weekend, but if you don't hear anything by Friday remind me with a PM.

#210515 Anyone Want To Join A Band?

Posted by nerfnerd88 on 08 February 2009 - 04:19 PM in Off Topic

Thank you sooo much slowguitarman. My birthday is listed as 1982, its actually 1992. I'm 16. And I don't think age matters too much when playing this way.