Formerly Sane's Content

There have been 187 items by Formerly Sane (Search limited from 03-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#8962 Avatars

Posted by Formerly Sane on 31 August 2003 - 08:10 PM in Site Feedback

Do you think you could get the Zero Skull?

#8963 Avatars

Posted by Formerly Sane on 31 August 2003 - 08:14 PM in Site Feedback

Do you think you could put on the Zero Skull? Posted Image

#29213 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by Formerly Sane on 22 June 2004 - 10:40 PM in General Nerf

3DBBQ, If you're saying that the hornet looks too small, then I kind of agree with you. If the cocking mechanism is like an sm250, then I'm doubting how large the plunger tube could be.

It seems that the top front of the hornet cocks foreward like the backwards cocking thing on the bf. If not, then we get to look foreward to a different internal design for a semiauto. As far as mods go, I see putting the internals of the titan on top of the hornet, then routing the hornet's pump to pump both guns. Thats right, hornet and titan. Not N6 and N1.

#29393 More Love From Hasrbo

Posted by Formerly Sane on 24 June 2004 - 10:51 AM in General Nerf

I don't really think silencers are very useful. If you're nerfing most likely you won't need to conceal your location as you'll be right in the face of your opponent. Plus air guns are almost silent already.

I'm kind of wondering, do hornet and scout use Micros or megas? And I'm still concerned about the size of the plunger tube on the scout. Think about it, if the gun does cock like an sm250 or at1000 then the plunger tube can only be half the length of the gun minus the barrel. I'm still excited about this line though, finally we have nerf actually integrating in stock blasters. Who knows what could be next.

#32101 Who Would Buy Colored Backer Rod?

Posted by Formerly Sane on 22 July 2004 - 03:12 PM in General Nerf

So the price would be $5 for 20'? I like the idea of colored foam so I may order enough for maybe 100 darts, but I'd rather pay $6 for 100' of FBR from aloghomestore.com even if I do have to keep making darts when I lose them. Good job giving back to the nerf community though.

#40807 Election 2k4

Posted by Formerly Sane on 04 November 2004 - 08:03 PM in News

I am worried that Bush will start another war in his second term. Think about it, we had 2 wars in 4 years. The middle east is being bombarded with the United States trying to shove democracy down their throats. We really need to step back and let them do their own thing. The United States should not start a war. Bin Laden (who seems to be out of the spotlight now that sadaam has become pop culture) should really be our #1 enemy. How did our offensive focus switch to Sadaam instead of Osama who killed 2000 people on american soil just 3 years ago? The latest tape showed Bin Laden's reasons for the attack in the first place, which he says are still evident. The war in Iraq seems to have made America even more unsafe. I know Bush will be gone in 4 years, but during that time will we face even more death, hate, and war?

I'm moving to antarctica.

#22498 NerfHaven: Tribal Council

Posted by Formerly Sane on 26 March 2004 - 10:06 PM in Site Feedback

Yeah, I don't think Canada should be an option for being "voted off" eiter. Thats a few million people we exclude just because of a couple of people being idiots.

Xcaliber, please extinguish your torch and leave the island.

#8173 My Weapon

Posted by Formerly Sane on 13 August 2003 - 07:46 PM in Homemades

I've got that red pump

#23867 2004 Nerf Lineup

Posted by Formerly Sane on 09 April 2004 - 04:28 PM in General Nerf

Okay, time for some belated questions to OMC or Talio:
1. Does the pistol have an entire piece of plastic ontop like a stock LnL?

2. About how big is the Blastfire-like gun? Does it look anything like the Mad Hornet, or have about the same design? It seems like nerf has been secretely rereleasing older guns (ie. Airtech series, TTG, NF)

They already have plans for '05 which we weren't allowed to see yet, but the lead designer has come up with some great stuff so far, so the future outlook is very good

So did the lead designer tell you vaugely some of his plans, or show drawings of guns to come after this fall?

Hey, about that Titan gun thing. What does it fire? Darts, arrows, or balls? Or are they going to do the same thing that they did with the SM5000, with attachments for each kind of ammo?

Yes, I'm kind of wondering about this too. Did you guys get to test out the titan gun? If so, how far did it shoot its ammo?

5. Does the lead designer just have concepts of the exteriors of the blaster, or does he/she work on the internals and functionality of them?

6. Is there an email directly to the Nerf team and not to customer service? It would be nice to give them our input, or if you don't want us to bother them (I believe you might have said that somewhere in this thread) we could tells you our concepts and every two or three weeks, email Nerf with the "good" ones.

No pictures because the toys are technically being unvieled at the toy faire in New York within a matter of months

When exactly is the toy fair?

Really sorry if any of these have already been answered previously in the topic

#17784 2004 Nerf Lineup

Posted by Formerly Sane on 31 January 2004 - 10:31 PM in General Nerf

It sucks that all the guns come in one set. Is hooking the hornet up to the bazooka the only way to prime it? If it is I bet we could hook up a pump to make it mobile.

We should all email Nerf and tell them to maybe put out a large spring gun or submit designs to them. Maybe they'll start to release really good guns (though this line is a good start) and possibly, dare I say, a remake Xbow.

#21059 Farthest Shootin Nerf Blaster

Posted by Formerly Sane on 10 March 2004 - 05:53 PM in General Nerf

You and your friends should slap on some eye protection and mod your guns, you won't regret it. By the way, whats the collective arsenal of you and your friends? I and the other people on the site would be glad to show you some good modifications for them.

#21152 Farthest Shootin Nerf Blaster

Posted by Formerly Sane on 11 March 2004 - 09:15 PM in General Nerf

Could you use a hot glue gun to plug the over-pressurization release valve to plug it up?

Well, there's your problem; yes, use hotglue. What'd you use to plug it up anyway?

#21196 Farthest Shootin Nerf Blaster

Posted by Formerly Sane on 12 March 2004 - 03:18 PM in General Nerf

Sorry, I got confused between DoubleLnL and Nerfer16.

DoubleLnL, the release valve plug works on just about every pump gun. When you take apart the blaster, just pull out the pump and at the end of it you should see a small hole. Just put a dot of hotglue over it.

Nerfer16, I'm not sure what's wrong with your gun. I know that some people have problems with their blastfires with making the dot of hotglue too big. I don't know if it also affects the 2k but it might.

#9507 Forum Contest!

Posted by Formerly Sane on 09 September 2003 - 06:30 PM in Modifications

Hi, I'm competition

#10708 Forum Contest!

Posted by Formerly Sane on 29 September 2003 - 04:50 PM in Modifications

Here is my BBB. It has a crayola barrel in the orange barrel part and a 6" SCH 80 barrel on 3/4" PVC that slides around the orange part. It also has a removable stock.
Click
Without the stock

#29923 Nite Finder Ppk W/maglite

Posted by Formerly Sane on 29 June 2004 - 10:33 PM in Modifications

Good job, that is one nice Nite finder. I dont think any gun is ever complete without a nice paintjob. The mag light does look a little loose though. Techno Dann, that override switch sounds like a great idea. The ability to conceal your position or use a light to blind/spot your opponent would be a great advantage. Putting the switch in would be a simple matter of cutting the wire and soldering it on, only taking a few minutes. I really need to get a nite finder now.

#50121 I Just Wet Myself

Posted by Formerly Sane on 20 March 2005 - 08:46 PM in General Nerf

Those look like they will be really good at first, but they look a little bit flimsy, which means low power. I can't really see getting more than 10 or 15 feet out of them.

#25039 Party Affiliation

Posted by Formerly Sane on 28 April 2004 - 04:18 PM in Off Topic

I accidently hit the null vote button, but my political view is kind of wierd. I'm not really old enough to vote, but I tend to lean toward the democrats. Also, I'm surprised that most of the nerf community is republican. In the bush space plans topic, it seemed like there were only 2 or 3 republicans. I guess only those who spoke up were those who wished to oppose, being dems so I might have gotten a false assumption.

Canada's politics are slack, and are only there for our entertainment.

Sometimes I think American politics are like that too. As for dealing with the UN, Bush does the opposite. Then americans wonder why people over seas are holding signs saying Down with USA and burning flags. I hate when the president makes people hate me.

What was it George Washington said when he left office? Something like "I warn you of two things. Never form political parties and stay out of foreign affairs."

#25388 East Coast War

Posted by Formerly Sane on 02 May 2004 - 05:18 PM in Nerf Wars

Is this the place you're having it? I'd love to come but can't make it. Have fun without me!

#27118 Arsenals

Posted by Formerly Sane on 27 May 2004 - 05:24 PM in General Nerf

This probably has been addressed before, but I couldn't find it in search. Anyway, what kinds of arsenals do you guys have? I would only get a few good guns and heavily modify them, but since I'm the only person in my area who nerfs who actually owns guns to nerf with, I have to get a decent amount. Here's my lineup:

BBB with Sch. 80 pvc breech, removable stock, and integrated sspb
Unmodded BBB soon to be equiped with a valve to direct air to 1 of 2 barrels
CPS 1000 internals with crayola and brass attached to the trigger and pump of sm1500
AT3000 currently alternating between different types of barrels
Blastfire with Sch. 80 pvc
Monoblast with crayola
SS1 with crayola

I used to have an NB-1, Powerclip, ratchetblast, and many more but my motto is "Mod it till it breaks"

#35188 Toning Down The Titan

Posted by Formerly Sane on 25 August 2004 - 05:58 PM in Modifications

It seems easier to do ten pumps than to do twenty with an added air restricter. I guess you like the shotgun idea though. How's that working out?

#28821 Shotgun

Posted by Formerly Sane on 18 June 2004 - 03:11 PM in Homemades

Could you go into a little more detail about the distance each dart shoots? Such as, does one barrel shoot its darts alot further than the other one? Or do the last darts just kind of flop out, while the other ones go an acceptable range? If you have time, try putting more darts in one barrel than in the other and see if the one with more doesn't shoot out it's last shots.

#35193 Nerfcenter

Posted by Formerly Sane on 25 August 2004 - 06:19 PM in General Nerf

It's good to hear NC will finally be getting some reviews on more recent guns. I think everyone relys on the NC reviews in some degree. I've always viewed it as a valuable resource to the NIC. How will the NC archives be displayed on Nerf Haven though? Can you find posts from that site mixed with old posts from Nerf Haven or will there be a seperate NC archives section to the site?

#8960 The Tech Target Gun Is In Stores

Posted by Formerly Sane on 31 August 2003 - 07:21 PM in General Nerf

I think its from the atom blasters series but I know its from nerf.

#27367 3dbbq Barrel Adaption

Posted by Formerly Sane on 31 May 2004 - 05:48 PM in Homemades

When you tip the gun forward, I'm not sure if the dart would go directly into the barrel every time. If you fix that, then it should work fine.

#26461 Nerf Grenades

Posted by Formerly Sane on 18 May 2004 - 04:03 PM in Homemades

That would work, but it involves getting hit with water, and that's not really nerf. This would be really complicated, but I guess a chemical reaction grenade could be built. I'd still stick to springs and rubber bands in film canisters, and try to maximize the power of those.

#25383 Nerf Grenades

Posted by Formerly Sane on 02 May 2004 - 04:26 PM in Homemades

umm sorry to burst your bubble but.........I thought that nerf was about air or spring powered guns that shoot foam darts out and were used in battle for fun to test survival and skill against many others....... :blink:

It is, and if you can manage to make a working, safe grenade and hurl it at your opponents and time it so it explodes right near them, while shooting them and dodging their shots, how does that belittle and ruin the game? If he can make this safe and make it work, I don't see whats wrong with it. I don't really like the idea of firecrackers though, I sure wouldn't want one thrown at me.

Again, try to make it powered by another source like air or springs. Then tell us how it works out. If you can't be persuaded to abandon this idea, build it already and tell us how it performs.

#24963 Nerf Grenades

Posted by Formerly Sane on 27 April 2004 - 03:49 PM in Homemades

I don't think you're allowed to post pics or links in your signature.

Most nerf grenade designs work off of a spring that phisically shoots the balls or foam out. Try taking a wide piece of pvc or other thick cardboard tube or something and fixing a spring to one closed end. Stuff it with foam and compress the spring then top it and secure it with a small piece of scotch tape. Then put a piece of duct tape over it. During the war, rip off the duct tape and throw the grenade. The impact with the ground should rack the device so much that the tape will come off, shooting off the cap and pushing out all of the foam.

You can change this simple design if you like. Try making it fixed to a timed explosion. I once almost achieved it by using string, but figure it out on your own. I think the only thing people around here don't like is when something us not reusable (ie. CO2 and firecrackers). Stick to springs, rubber bands, and air.

#18788 Nc Is Up!

Posted by Formerly Sane on 11 February 2004 - 06:43 PM in Off Topic

1/2, First of all I'm not ZATZAi. We have the same avatar. Second of all, we weren't talking about you, we were talking about screwing VACC. Third of all, listen to what everyone is telling you, and stop posting so much. Don't you have a life? If so, then get off the internet and go do something with it. As long as it doesn't mean VACC.

#18531 Nc Is Up!

Posted by Formerly Sane on 08 February 2004 - 10:28 PM in Off Topic

Nerf Center is finally back on the web, but when I joyously went there, the reviews section wasn't working. Go and see if it works for any of you guys.

#18770 Nc Is Up!

Posted by Formerly Sane on 11 February 2004 - 05:54 PM in Off Topic

He's like a fucking juggernaut of posting fury! THERE'S NO STOPING HIM!!...oh wait, haha, yeah there is. Don't make me abuse the power that I so long ago should have been relieved of, halfie!

VACC

What power?... Oh fuck, yeah you should've been relieved of your ability to impregnate yourself ages ago...

Yes!!! Finally he'll need me again!

#8913 Aiming A Nerf Gun

Posted by Formerly Sane on 30 August 2003 - 11:52 AM in General Nerf

If you cut off the front sight of the BBB then you can look through the back one and line up with the top of the black plastic rod thing on the top of the gun. I can hit a 3 inch target from 30 feet aiming like that.

#17742 What Kinda Clips?

Posted by Formerly Sane on 31 January 2004 - 07:02 PM in Homemades

We aren't fighting over an IP address, we're using it as proof. I think you lose.

But anyway, I'd just like to add that you need to straighten the darts out a lot before you put them in the magazine, especially if it is gravity fed. Even though spring mags might be a little more complicated, they will insure that the dart will fall into the barrel.

First make a container out of any of the materials already listed. It should be about the length and width of a dart, and then make it high enough to hold 5 or 10 darts. Find a light spring and glue it onto a piece of wood or sheet metal or whatever material you're using. Then take that and attach it to the bottom of the magazine. Make a breech load system like the one showed in the Homemades section and attach the magazine onto hole in the barrel. Now when you twist the barrel a dart should shoot in place, ready to fire.

#24967 Bush's Space Plans

Posted by Formerly Sane on 27 April 2004 - 04:08 PM in Off Topic

But, we out of the bottoms of our hearts, release these lunitics back into the general public, and everyone is shocked when they murder again.

"We can't believe you murdered someone! Killing people is the worst thing you can do, so we're going to kill you." This is a hard issue, but that doesn't sound like very good logic. And when murderers aren't sentenced to death, they aren't just let back onto the street. They're forced to spend the rest of their lives away from the public and are always watched so its unlikely they can kill again. I think solving the problem by putting someone away is alot better than being a hypocrite and a murderer.

And definately, kill wildlife that has been set aside and saved from the rest of the world. A short term solution to the oil problem is much better than using the money to develop, oh say... fuel efficient, gas-electric, or hydrogen cars.

#24976 Bush's Space Plans

Posted by Formerly Sane on 27 April 2004 - 04:57 PM in Off Topic

I assume by that statement you believe drilling for oil negatively affects wildlife? It has been proven in Alaska that animals thrive near pipelines due to the extra warmth. There were no reductions in animal population in Alaska due to oil extraction. Yes, it would be smart to develop cars that don't rely on gasoline, but until we can produce them effectively, I don't see why we can't drill in Alaska.

It may be fine, but having it inside a national park somewhat abstructs the beauty of the park. Plus, you have a chance that oil can leak into the ground. I think that the money that is being proposed to be used on that should be put into advanced effieciency car research. Then enviromentalists are happy, the consumer is happy, and the government is happy.

I like to reach agreements instead of break down posts into sentences and point out all the flaws. I would suck if I joined a debate team, but we don't have one. We're all stupid country hicks.

#22935 Bush's Space Plans

Posted by Formerly Sane on 30 March 2004 - 06:21 PM in Off Topic

Bush wants to discontinue the head start program, which helps young children belonging to poor families. How is his education plan good again?

ps. I must have some kind of ad software on my computer that sees what I'm looking at, because I've gotten like three pop ups saying "Who do you think will win? Kerry, Bush, or Other?" Creepy

#51476 Favorite Band

Posted by Formerly Sane on 03 April 2005 - 02:35 PM in Off Topic

Blink 182 and Alien Ant Farm are very awesome. And I like saves the day too. When my brother was going around searching for colleges, saves the day was playing a free concert in Bucknell's gym. The funny thing was, I saw part of that show before I even knew who they were. But...yeah, Blink 182 and AAF. Alien Ant Farm seemed to get out into the public eye for about a week with their michael jackson cover, but their original songs are really good too. And people might say blink 182 is pop or sold out or whatever, but I don't really care. My favorite songs by them would probably be Wasting Time, Lemmings, Anthem, and Shut Up. Those were good.

<free advertising>
And if anyone wants to check out my band, our site is www.skwalrock.com
</free advertising>

#54806 Blowguns

Posted by Formerly Sane on 13 May 2005 - 04:34 PM in Homemades

What is the average range for these blow guns? Whenever I've tried to blow a dart out of PVC, I only end up getting 20-30 ft.

#51322 Your Pope Died.

Posted by Formerly Sane on 01 April 2005 - 09:44 PM in Off Topic

First Terry Schivo or how ever you spell her name: I think keeping people alive on machines is fine if you think the person will recover. But she had been practically dead for 15 years, and there wasn't really any hope that she would recover. And all keeping her alive did was waste money and who knows, if she was in fact able to think I doubt she would want to be locked inside her body like that for 15 years without being able to talk or move anyway. I guess it's hard to let your daughter go if someone wants to let her die, but sometimes you have to make tough decisions like that. So, I guess it's unfortunate that that whole thing happened, but keeping her alive like that just wasn't logical.

And as for the pope, I'm catholic and I'm sad that he's in this condition, but after reading this thread it all kind of makes more sense. I mean, most people should fear dying because they don't know if they're going to heaven or hell yet, but he's the pope. He pretty much knows he's going. So if you look on the bright side of things, it's really not that bad that he'll be gone soon.

There's my 2 cents. Don't spend it all in one place.

#56330 Lost A Job

Posted by Formerly Sane on 01 June 2005 - 09:17 PM in Off Topic

Logically, it would make more sense to cut your hair. But I know what you mean about cutting it off after having it for so long. After a while you kind of feel like it's part of your identity. It all depends on how much you really want this job. If it's worth a few weeks of looking different and getting used to your lack of hair, go for it. I understand how hard it would be to cut it though. My hair is a few inches past my eyes, and I can't imagine cutting back to "normal length". My head would feel so empty. Think of it this way. Would it be easier for you to live without your job, or without your hair? Whatever works for you, I guess.