Formerly Sane's Content

There have been 187 items by Formerly Sane (Search limited from 07-December 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#6487 Sm 1500

Posted by Formerly Sane on 03 July 2003 - 11:28 AM in Modifications

I just got a SM1.5K with a broken pump from my friend. I can get the thing apart except for the red cap at the base of the pump. How do I get it off?

#7084 Important! Silencer Information

Posted by Formerly Sane on 16 July 2003 - 05:30 PM in Off Topic

I guess I'm going to jail. :rolleyes:

#7094 Wildfire Valve Repair

Posted by Formerly Sane on 16 July 2003 - 07:40 PM in General Nerf

My friend and I were taking out the pegs to his wildfire and somehow broke the automatic valve :P . The yellow part won't stay attached to the white part with the white rubber ring. Does anyone know how to open up the valve to glue that thing back on?

#7100 Wildfire Valve Repair

Posted by Formerly Sane on 16 July 2003 - 08:47 PM in General Nerf

I was hoping I could just get it open by taking out some screws, but this will have to do. I'm in a delema about whether I should ask my friend before I go cutting up his gun, but he did leave it with me and tell me to "fix it"... I'll get started soon. Thanx.

#8171 Dt3 And Monoblast

Posted by Formerly Sane on 13 August 2003 - 07:18 PM in Modifications

For a monoblast you take off the red barrel, plug up the hole now open in the plunger shaft with hotglue, and drill a large hole in the front of the gun on the end of the plunger shaft. Now attach a barrel there. Sooner or later the end of the plunger shaft is just going to crack so then you will have to saw off the end and put the pvc directly in the shaft. When my site is updated I'll have a writeup.

#8173 My Weapon

Posted by Formerly Sane on 13 August 2003 - 07:46 PM in Homemades

I've got that red pump

#8912 Wow, I Made A Dart That Gains Lift!

Posted by Formerly Sane on 30 August 2003 - 11:32 AM in Homemades

Okay, a piece of paper about 1 1/4" by 1 3/4". I tape it on top of a dart and fold the wings down as I put it in a barrel. Mine didn't work so well but do I have the right idea?

#8913 Aiming A Nerf Gun

Posted by Formerly Sane on 30 August 2003 - 11:52 AM in General Nerf

If you cut off the front sight of the BBB then you can look through the back one and line up with the top of the black plastic rod thing on the top of the gun. I can hit a 3 inch target from 30 feet aiming like that.

#8917 Gun Distances

Posted by Formerly Sane on 30 August 2003 - 12:38 PM in Modifications

What makes a good ranged gun a good ranged gun? Like why is the Max Shot better than the First Shot?

#8959 Dammit Spoon

Posted by Formerly Sane on 31 August 2003 - 07:14 PM in Modifications

Same happened on my SM 1500. Get a coat hanger and put a dab of hot glue on the end. Then put some superglue on the hotglue. Now put the thing down the barrel so the hotglue takes the shape of the stuck pump end and the superglue secures it. Wait 5 or 10 minutes then pull it out. yay.

#8960 The Tech Target Gun Is In Stores

Posted by Formerly Sane on 31 August 2003 - 07:21 PM in General Nerf

I think its from the atom blasters series but I know its from nerf.

#8962 Avatars

Posted by Formerly Sane on 31 August 2003 - 08:10 PM in Site Feedback

Do you think you could get the Zero Skull?

#8963 Avatars

Posted by Formerly Sane on 31 August 2003 - 08:14 PM in Site Feedback

Do you think you could put on the Zero Skull? Posted Image

#9503 Sm1500

Posted by Formerly Sane on 09 September 2003 - 06:01 PM in Modifications

I have 5" barrels on mine now but how long could I go. 8"? More?

#9505 Sm1500

Posted by Formerly Sane on 09 September 2003 - 06:24 PM in Modifications

I think I'll do 8"

#9507 Forum Contest!

Posted by Formerly Sane on 09 September 2003 - 06:30 PM in Modifications

Hi, I'm competition

#10243 Hurricane

Posted by Formerly Sane on 23 September 2003 - 08:15 AM in Off Topic

So far Isabel has given me a 6 day weedend. I don't have much damage at my house but there are like 20 trees down on the powerlines between here and my school so even though I have power they will have to clean all of that up. And last night a tornado passed in my county; I was asleep.

#10418 Pc Pistol Mod

Posted by Formerly Sane on 25 September 2003 - 07:36 PM in Modifications

I hate my powerclip because its range sucks so I killed it. It's sawed down to pistol size and the pump is on the side. I Cut the Automatic Valve off leaving only the green elbow and attached a 9" pvc barrel, but I can take it off and reglue it if I need it to be adjusted. Anyway, when I pull the trigger air comes out too slow and the dart shoots a couple feet. Has anyone done this mod? (I'm talking about the one at the very bottom of this page)

Die Besetzung eingeschaltet. Das liegt daran, dass ich kein Deutsch spreche!!!!!

#10421 X-stream Maxshot

Posted by Formerly Sane on 25 September 2003 - 07:51 PM in General Nerf

I didn't know what TRU stood for either until a couple weeks ago. God I felt stupid that day. Do they sell max shots online in stores? I have a feeling if I buy one from a personal seller they'd jack up the price.

#10457 Pc Pistol Mod

Posted by Formerly Sane on 26 September 2003 - 02:40 PM in Modifications

Yeah, last night I was thinking about that. I also thought about maybe putting rubberbands around the auto valve would let more air build up. I'll try that if I can saw open the valve, reatach the plastic shaft inside, and close it up. I doubt I'll be able to do it, but its worth a try.

#10601 In A Few Years...

Posted by Formerly Sane on 28 September 2003 - 04:17 PM in General Nerf

Some things I see in the future as the regularity of newly produced nerf guns declines are more homemades. I know that CO2 mods defeate some of the principles of nerf but more people might start doing it.

#10603 Web Editor

Posted by Formerly Sane on 28 September 2003 - 04:31 PM in Off Topic

Frontpage isn't that bad. I used it to make my site but you can do more with other programs.

#10604 Xbox

Posted by Formerly Sane on 28 September 2003 - 04:38 PM in Off Topic

Xbox is a giant MP3 player, plus the memory is huge. I've saved things from 15 or so games and have downloaded 9 full CDs and my memory still says "+50,000 BLOCKS".

#10708 Forum Contest!

Posted by Formerly Sane on 29 September 2003 - 04:50 PM in Modifications

Here is my BBB. It has a crayola barrel in the orange barrel part and a 6" SCH 80 barrel on 3/4" PVC that slides around the orange part. It also has a removable stock.
Click
Without the stock

#11261 Sch. 80 Pvc

Posted by Formerly Sane on 10 October 2003 - 07:51 PM in Modifications

All I use is Sch. 80 PVC and crayola. The problem is the Sch 80 is $1 a foot at my home depot. How much is brass per foot anyway?

#15275 Street Magic

Posted by Formerly Sane on 30 December 2003 - 12:51 PM in Off Topic

Do any of you know where I could get a bitten coin for cheap? I kind of have a problem with paying 8 bucks for a gimmicked piece of metal.

#17195 New Darts

Posted by Formerly Sane on 26 January 2004 - 06:43 PM in General Nerf

Buckbogey, why don't you try the dart with 1 or 2 bbs in it and tell us how it turned out?

#17500 First Shot

Posted by Formerly Sane on 29 January 2004 - 01:53 PM in Modifications

Range is actually the same so I'm probably going to change it back to the original cocking mechanism...

How you did all that and still got it to perform the same way is beyond me.

#17739 Marshmellow Darts

Posted by Formerly Sane on 31 January 2004 - 06:34 PM in General Nerf

I was at the state fair once and there were these college kids doing a demonstration with an air pressure gun they built. They built it out of PVC and shot marshmellows out of it too. I wonder if they nerf?

#17742 What Kinda Clips?

Posted by Formerly Sane on 31 January 2004 - 07:02 PM in Homemades

We aren't fighting over an IP address, we're using it as proof. I think you lose.

But anyway, I'd just like to add that you need to straighten the darts out a lot before you put them in the magazine, especially if it is gravity fed. Even though spring mags might be a little more complicated, they will insure that the dart will fall into the barrel.

First make a container out of any of the materials already listed. It should be about the length and width of a dart, and then make it high enough to hold 5 or 10 darts. Find a light spring and glue it onto a piece of wood or sheet metal or whatever material you're using. Then take that and attach it to the bottom of the magazine. Make a breech load system like the one showed in the Homemades section and attach the magazine onto hole in the barrel. Now when you twist the barrel a dart should shoot in place, ready to fire.

#17782 Marshmellow Darts

Posted by Formerly Sane on 31 January 2004 - 10:14 PM in General Nerf

The reign of foam is over...

Marshmellows have arrived!!! :lol:

#17784 2004 Nerf Lineup

Posted by Formerly Sane on 31 January 2004 - 10:31 PM in General Nerf

It sucks that all the guns come in one set. Is hooking the hornet up to the bazooka the only way to prime it? If it is I bet we could hook up a pump to make it mobile.

We should all email Nerf and tell them to maybe put out a large spring gun or submit designs to them. Maybe they'll start to release really good guns (though this line is a good start) and possibly, dare I say, a remake Xbow.

#17856 Scope

Posted by Formerly Sane on 01 February 2004 - 05:26 PM in Homemades

The sight on the top of the BBB works really well on mine. I just look through and line up my target with the tip of the black tube thing on the top of the gun. From 40 ft. I can hit a 2 in. target using that gun. I was surprised that it really worked.

#18033 8" Pvc

Posted by Formerly Sane on 03 February 2004 - 03:30 PM in Off Topic

Does anybody know where I can get PVC with an 8" diameter from the internet?

#18467 Supermaxx Air System Line

Posted by Formerly Sane on 07 February 2004 - 09:00 PM in General Nerf

Gamefreak, whats the range?

#18469 Wierd Dream

Posted by Formerly Sane on 07 February 2004 - 09:32 PM in Off Topic

I had this really wierd dream last night. I had left all of my guns outside and Groove came by and stole all of them. When I called him over he came up on my porch and cussed me out then openly carried my guns away. Hope I don't develop a serious case of grooveaphobia.

#18474 Wierd Dream

Posted by Formerly Sane on 07 February 2004 - 10:08 PM in Off Topic

Oh, that was you in the ditch at the end of my driveway? I thought it was just a dead body.

#18529 Quiznos Ad?

Posted by Formerly Sane on 08 February 2004 - 10:14 PM in Off Topic

Most people don't know that it's from rathergood.com. That's its backround. They should have put the website at the bottom of the screen or something.

#18531 Nc Is Up!

Posted by Formerly Sane on 08 February 2004 - 10:28 PM in Off Topic

Nerf Center is finally back on the web, but when I joyously went there, the reviews section wasn't working. Go and see if it works for any of you guys.

#18770 Nc Is Up!

Posted by Formerly Sane on 11 February 2004 - 05:54 PM in Off Topic

He's like a fucking juggernaut of posting fury! THERE'S NO STOPING HIM!!...oh wait, haha, yeah there is. Don't make me abuse the power that I so long ago should have been relieved of, halfie!

VACC

What power?... Oh fuck, yeah you should've been relieved of your ability to impregnate yourself ages ago...

Yes!!! Finally he'll need me again!