MattPaintballer's Content

There have been 333 items by MattPaintballer (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#53249 Homemades Picture Thread

Posted by MattPaintballer on 22 April 2005 - 11:32 PM in Homemades

Accurate Range: 10ft
Intended Use: losing

Accurate Range: 25ft
Intended Use: losing

You've got to be kidding me.

#61225 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by MattPaintballer on 05 August 2005 - 11:48 PM in Off Topic

Man, this makes me want to upgrade to my PC. Or maybe just get a new one, since this thing has so many problems anyway.

Fold on! Hey I finally got ahead of Uncle Hammer :ph34r:

#60131 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by MattPaintballer on 24 July 2005 - 10:54 PM in Off Topic

Oooh! I get it.

How can I tell when I've finished a WU?

#60125 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by MattPaintballer on 24 July 2005 - 09:27 PM in Off Topic

Okay, I think I might've done something wrong, but I dunno what. I'm not on the list.

#62084 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by MattPaintballer on 16 August 2005 - 06:10 PM in Off Topic

Would getting more RAM help me in this at all or not?

Fold on or fuck off

#62221 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by MattPaintballer on 18 August 2005 - 11:54 PM in Off Topic

My computer:

Intel Pentium 4 2.0 GHz, 512 MB SDRAM

My points are a little low and are going to be that way for a couple days cuz I'm uploading CD's into iTunes.

#60091 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by MattPaintballer on 24 July 2005 - 04:43 PM in Off Topic

I just downloaded the no-nonsense console and joined the NH team. Err, I think I did.

When I hit control+alt+delete there is two FAH things listed - FahCore_82.exe and FAH502-Console.exe. Most of the CPU is going to FahCore_82 and none of it is at FAH502-Console, is this correct?

#62943 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by MattPaintballer on 02 September 2005 - 08:43 PM in Off Topic

F@H just isn't working anymore.

I was on vacation and completed multiple WUs, all of which were rejected.

I think my computer is slowing down, too.

Anyone else notice this besides the all-mighty Pineapple (you have a sweet golf cart if you're reading this, by the way) and myself?

#62909 Nerfers Nerfing Disease

Posted by MattPaintballer on 01 September 2005 - 11:48 PM in Off Topic

I'm suprised a little old group of nerf fanatics have gone so far on F@H

Has the Revenge of the Nerds series taught you nothing? Never underestimate the power of nerds or their computers in large groups.

Yeah but we passed up Folding@MENSA. How the hell did that happen?

Fold on or fuck off, bitches.

#62368 Baghead's Maverick Mod

Posted by MattPaintballer on 21 August 2005 - 10:23 PM in Modifications

Bags, nice mod.

I think I'm scarred for life.

#46264 Maveric Rev-6 Mod

Posted by MattPaintballer on 18 January 2005 - 05:40 PM in Modifications

Great job FIDO! Well-written mod, especially for a dog :D.

40 feet flat is on par with the powerclip, which gets about 80 feet max. That's not to shabby for a pistol w/ 6 shots.

A Powerclip... gets 80 feet... Single barrelled, maybe, but definitely not an average, 10-shot Powerclip. And who would single barrel a PC? That's like double barrelling a WildFire or a RapidFire 20...

#53406 List Of All Guns Ever Made

Posted by MattPaintballer on 24 April 2005 - 08:29 PM in General Nerf

Orange, the Slingfire does exist. I saw it in a recent eBay auction that included the Slingfire, a new SM750, SM250, SM350, and an LnL. I don't have the link right now but somebody else might.

#57895 Semi-auto At2k Maverick

Posted by MattPaintballer on 21 June 2005 - 07:14 PM in Modifications

Also you should cut the frount of the gun off so you can make barrels longer for more accutacy.

That wouldn't work because the turret would only have one contact point with the gun. It fits over the rotating mechanism, but it can just slide on and off of it. It needs something at the front to push it against the rotator so it doesn't fall off.

with the maverick plunger you glued on you should make the air hole bigger so better ranges.

If he enlarged that hole, even more air would leak out instead of going to the barrels, and it's not like there isn't enough of that already.

By the way SneakUP, I had to read your post a couple of times before I could understand some of it, so please try to keep your posts clean and tidy.

Rusty, that's cool. Good idea using lexan. Is it complete? If so, what kind of ranges are you getting? How many times do you have to pump it and how many shots do you get from a full airtank?

Edit: Hey the red airtank on top of it (isn't that an RF20 bladder?) reminds me of a paintball setup somebody used at a field one day...

#63286 The Barricade Buster/ Real Nerf Grenade

Posted by MattPaintballer on 07 September 2005 - 09:24 PM in Homemades

The Grenade's got some distance!
(The Tapping sounds are the stefans hitting the fence)

And I don't think the other Grenades, suck at all. I've made, Taita's Grenade, and NerfMonkey's Grenades, and they both work quite well.

I haven't tried NerfMonkey's grenade (but I should since I have a spare maverick spring) but Tait's Anzac grenades seen like they would work really well, if only I could find a rubber band that fits. Right now I only have 7" rubber bands (they fit perfectly doubled over Nite Finders) so they don't work very well :lol:

I'm really liking this grenade though. It seems the easiest to throw and stuff. I gotta pick up some of those frisbees.

#60369 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by MattPaintballer on 27 July 2005 - 06:17 PM in Darts and Barrels

Colored hot glue.

#58450 Dartsmithing Tips Archive

Posted by MattPaintballer on 29 June 2005 - 04:31 PM in Darts and Barrels

Cons:
None that I know of.

Cons:
Moves the weight around inside the glue dome, throwing off the balance. Both Suave and I have noticed this.

I really don't have any dartmaking tips, and if I did you should do the opposite of what I say because my darts suck.

#49516 The Ultimate Nite Finder

Posted by MattPaintballer on 13 March 2005 - 02:13 PM in Modifications

I think it was a good idea and is kind of funny. So it may not be ultimate, but who cares? It's awesome. You know, sometimes you just do things for the coolness factor. You don't always have to try and squeeze every inch of range you can get from a nerf gun.

#49598 The Ultimate Nite Finder

Posted by MattPaintballer on 14 March 2005 - 04:12 PM in Modifications

Yeah but it's not even cool. It's hideous. Sorry, but, it just...it just...wow.

To each his own.

#53906 Scout Mod!

Posted by MattPaintballer on 01 May 2005 - 11:34 AM in Modifications

this thread's last post was in August.

Air, don't get mad at him. I linked him to this thread when I replied to his thread on NHQ, so it's my fault.

#53950 Scout Mod!

Posted by MattPaintballer on 01 May 2005 - 03:55 PM in Modifications

It really doesn't matter. As long as you get the plastic crap out without putting a hole in your plunger/barrel, it's fine.

#51273 My Newest Homemade

Posted by MattPaintballer on 01 April 2005 - 03:12 PM in Homemades

That is awesome! It looks like some kind of sweet paintball marker painted black. Hope the semi-auto stuff works out! Good job. I like the handle thing a lot - I hate those hose things too. They are so uncomfortable and hard to squeeze! Is it easy or hard to pull the trigger on this one?

Edit: Typo, I said it instead of is.

#52120 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by MattPaintballer on 09 April 2005 - 11:41 PM in General Nerf

When can we expect to know what is being re-released, or when it is going to be re-released?

#51081 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by MattPaintballer on 29 March 2005 - 09:44 PM in General Nerf

Here's the moment you've all been waiting for kiddies......

~Snippity~
The orange thing on top is the cocking mechanism like the Maverick.  There are ammo holders on both sides.  The switch turns the light on and off.  A light flashes to activate glow in the dark darts each time the trigger is pulled.

Am I the only one here who thinks that thing looks uncomfortable and ugly? I hate P90's, and that's almost kind of like one...

Tell me the firefly isn't the coolest thing you've ever seen.  Btw, these are shots of painted models, not what they will look like EXACTLY at market.

The firefly isn't the coolest thing I've ever seen.

#52543 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by MattPaintballer on 14 April 2005 - 09:32 PM in General Nerf

Although they re-released it several times already, it has essentially been replaced by the AT2k

I beg to differ. I extremely prefer my SM1500 over my AT2Ks.

, the AT2k gets same ranges, on same pumps, if not less, and is smaller.

SM1500 tends to get a bit more range at the same amount of pumps as an AT2K. AT2Ks are smaller than SM1500s, but that's more of a disadvantage than an advantage. AT2Ks are harder to hold, shoot, pump, they're uglier, and have less space for mods, integrations, and whatever else you want to do with it. Also they have smaller turrets.

My want list for re-releases:
Airjet Power Plus
Hyper Sight
SuperMAXX Larami (old school ones)

Also, it would be funny if they re-released some guns that nobody seems to want, for example Perceptor, Autogrip, etc.

#50738 News From Hasbro '05 Part 1

Posted by MattPaintballer on 27 March 2005 - 04:13 PM in General Nerf

And what about the Airtech series that was a rip of the supermaxx series?

But SuperMAXX was better. Better shells, and there were some better guns. They didn't release the SM750 or the SM5000 into the AT line, did they? Boy do I miss the old days...

#50113 Better Than A Nite Finder ?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 20 March 2005 - 06:44 PM in Modifications

Mayhem, that's awesome! Because I have small hands, I would shoot the bottom NF with my pinky, then it would be almost like the rock on sign :rolleyes:. I think it would be really cool if you put a piece of string or something connecting the two plunger handles, so you could cock them simultaneously. Now that would be sweet!. And I think it actually looks pretty good for being unpainted - the barrels match the tape!

#50141 Better Than A Nite Finder ?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 21 March 2005 - 01:20 AM in Modifications

Then it might look like this:

*Snip*

That looks VERY uncomfortable. Grinch, the reason I said string instead of something that's non-flexible (like what you suggested, a bar) is that with string, you can prime both of the NF's at the same time, but you aren't forced to shoot them both at the same time. And if it wasn't flexible, it would be VERY hard to pull the triggers at the exact same time, and you might damage the plunger.

#42065 N-strike Maverick

Posted by MattPaintballer on 19 November 2004 - 08:14 PM in General Nerf

I think you mean the PEV-6 is real... IX-3=Scout, PEV-6=Mav.

#42058 N-strike Maverick

Posted by MattPaintballer on 19 November 2004 - 07:51 PM in General Nerf

Wow, thanks for the pictures! Umm I've got a question. Will the new N-Strike guns be compatible with the current ones (Hornet, Titan, Scout)? ie. Could I take the Titan and put like the Maverick on it??? please say yes please say yes...

#57868 At2k Shotgun

Posted by MattPaintballer on 21 June 2005 - 12:51 PM in Modifications

Very nice!....
Another cool idea would be if you could have a double barrel shotgun, western style.
Where you would insert two shells, fire the gun, then open it up and the shells pop out, ready for more.

That might be my next project... After the Sc-20k FAR.

That sounds cool, but I think it would be better without shells. Shells and shell ejection are cool, but I don't think they are very war-effecient. You could gut a Double Shot and use its shell to do that!

Nice 2K.

#65838 4b - The Bacon Bow (semi-automatic Bbb)

Posted by MattPaintballer on 15 October 2005 - 03:46 PM in Modifications

Oh my God, and I spent all that time typing out a detailed description of the action on the BBB.

Quit whining, it was one freakin' sentence dude. Get over it.

Murakumo, it pushes a piece of brass over another piece of brass, thus closing the breech and creating a seal.

PissBacon, that is fucking sweet.

#43278 Who Would Buy Colored Backer Rod?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 03 December 2004 - 08:11 PM in General Nerf

You mean it's not a sticky?!?!? Oh crap... Sorry!

#43270 Who Would Buy Colored Backer Rod?

Posted by MattPaintballer on 03 December 2004 - 07:41 PM in General Nerf

I'd pay <$0.20 per foot because I get 30' of gray FBR for 13 cents/foot. I also know where to get white FBR :nugget:

#54892 Show Me What You're Working With

Posted by MattPaintballer on 14 May 2005 - 11:08 PM in General Nerf

Single Brass sm1500
Single PVC sm1500

Why in the hell did you single barrel your SM1500s?!?!

YOU MURDERER!

#45237 Nerf Gun Pictures

Posted by MattPaintballer on 31 December 2004 - 05:48 PM in Off Topic

Sup! I am looking for some pictures of Nerf guns that I can use. Google Image Search hasn't been giving me good results when searching for Nerf guns. I need pics of the real thing, not the box. I need pictures of:

Big Bad Bow (With bow parts and without bow parts)
Crossbow (With bow parts and without bow parts)
Mattel Ultimator
Lanard Blast Bazooka
Lanard Max Shot

#45247 Nerf Gun Pictures

Posted by MattPaintballer on 31 December 2004 - 09:52 PM in Off Topic

Okay first of all, NC's pics aren't very good. Second of all, they're watermarked which makes them look even more retarded. Also, I would look stupid because I'd be using pics that aren't my property.

#42750 Nerf Semi-automatc Pistol

Posted by MattPaintballer on 28 November 2004 - 02:11 AM in General Nerf

I've used the Hornet already, and to be completely honest, ITS CRAP. The scout is probably the closest nerf could get to a semi-auto. maybe a combonation of the Scout and the Powerclip could work, except the clip would be internal, as opposed to it just stickin out there...

Are you INSANE?!?!?! The Scout IX-3 completely and utterly SUCKS! My stock NiteFinder is better than my friend's modified Scout. My modded NiteFinder would eat a Scout for lunch, having more than DOUBLE a Scout's range! My Scout gets about 20 feet, my stock NF gets more than 35. You think the Hornet sucks? Ompa's Hornet shoots 80 feet average. Let's see, 20 feet single shot or 80 feet 6 shot/semi auto... hmm... I'm going with the Hornet.

#49750 If You Could Ask Hasrbo

Posted by MattPaintballer on 15 March 2005 - 11:20 PM in General Nerf

The hell? Where'd my post go? Maybe it was on NHQ... Oh wel!

What does it take to get on the Nerf design team? Will you please hire me for a job there? If you don't, I'll shoot you with my Titans,*

*If they said no, I'd shoot 'em and ask them again while re-pumping and re-loading. Then, I'd repeat if necessary ;).

#60186 Firefly Out Online

Posted by MattPaintballer on 25 July 2005 - 05:36 PM in General Nerf

AT2K 2-packs are at Target, 3K 2-packs are at TRU.

#52450 Shoring Up Aging Micro-darts

Posted by MattPaintballer on 13 April 2005 - 07:44 PM in Modifications

So that fixed your dart problems? Neato. Well, I found this stick laying around, and I used it to widen the hole in a few of my stock darts, and it increased the range of my Scouts slightly, but improved the velocity noticably. I also had a fishtailing problem where the first 6 inches or so the dart would fishtail, which totally threw off my accuracy. The larger hole fixed this.

By the way, the straw thing, it reminds me of the creator of !Nerftech!'s idea for the Ultimante Stefan (scroll down to see it).