robo7fish's Content

There have been 16 items by robo7fish (Search limited from 11-November 96)

By content type

See this member's

Sort by                Order  

#55996 Brass Eagle Blade02 Mod

Posted by robo7fish on 29 May 2005 - 10:39 PM in Modifications

Pretty cool man. But I think this same thing is on Yakman's site. Either way cool.

#54165 Bottle Airtank

Posted by robo7fish on 04 May 2005 - 08:42 PM in Homemades

Wow, I didn't know they could hold that much pressure.

The hose handle isn't working too well. The very front of leaks, and my Stefans aren't fat enough to sufficently stop the unwanted airflow.

#54366 Bottle Airtank

Posted by robo7fish on 08 May 2005 - 12:09 AM in Homemades

Anyways, the gun would REALLY be improved if that dang handle was replaced with something better. You're screwing the bottle directly onto the hose handle?

I agree, at least a better hose handle, and those bottles fit directly into the hose handle.

#54144 Bottle Airtank

Posted by robo7fish on 04 May 2005 - 05:02 PM in Homemades

Sorry. I meant to say feet. And I could probably get better if my Stefans weren't so skinny.

#54292 Bottle Airtank

Posted by robo7fish on 06 May 2005 - 06:36 PM in Homemades

Still awesome.
I wouldn't mind knowing how many shots you get off.

100/175psi? whoa...

I'm only able to get off about... oh.. 6 shots a min..Terrible ROF. One shot wastes all the air, with a bigger bottle I could probably conserve an amount of the air.

#54119 Bottle Airtank

Posted by robo7fish on 03 May 2005 - 11:47 PM in Homemades

Another fine use for bottles. As an airtank!

This actually isn't too bad. All you have to do is to put a tire stem into the bottle and glue it all up. I hooked one up to a hose handle and it pretty well after making everything fairly airtight. With a 24 oz. Mt. Dew bottle...I could get around...oh...50-60ish with one BB weight Stefans and a 6 in copper barrel. This is a fairly good airtank, and I'm sure a 2 ltr. one would work much better. Cheap and effective... Try it out.

#54168 Petg

Posted by robo7fish on 04 May 2005 - 08:48 PM in General Nerf

I might know another way to get PETG like material.

If you look at a computer store, there should be some long clear tubes with lightbulbs in them. I might have few lying around here.

They aren't too expensive, so you shouldn't worry too much about taking one apart.

Edit: They are used as flashy little lights in comps.

http://www.compusa.c...7488&pfp=SEARCH

That should be it.

#53882 Bottle Gun!

Posted by robo7fish on 01 May 2005 - 12:27 AM in Homemades

I came up with this idea a bit earlier today. Simply, it's a Crayola in a piece of SCH 80 1/2'' PVC put into the bottle of a neck, and electrical taped. It might just be the simplest homemade. Picture:
Posted Image

I hope you like it!

Edit: You use it by putting a Micro/Stefan in the barrel and stepping on the bottle or holding it in your hands and pounding it with your fist or squeezing the bottle quickly..
Ranges: Umm...kinda depends on how hard you hit it. Once hit..the bottle neck angles up so the dart goes up too.
Accuracy: Its not there
I guess you could set a few of these up as like mortars or something...or just shoot them in the house.
There you have it..a cheap and fairly effective homemade.

#57972 Nitefinder Help

Posted by robo7fish on 23 June 2005 - 11:39 AM in Modifications

Yes. That will work fine. I have 4'' of copper on my NF and with three bands it gets ~70' ranges. Also, your darts should fit pretty tight. At least tight enough to where you have to you some sort of stick to get them in the barrel (I use my pinky).

#55496 Please Help! Maverick.

Posted by robo7fish on 23 May 2005 - 05:16 PM in Modifications

What mod did you follow? That would help a lot.

It sounds like you blocked of the airways. Did you completely cover the air holes with foam? If you did, that's why it isn't shooting.

#56730 At2k Airtank Bottle Expansion

Posted by robo7fish on 05 June 2005 - 08:19 PM in Modifications

I could try to do the long barrel thing. Maybe it will work.
Edit: It didn't work. It dropped the Micro's range to about 50 ft. :lol:

#56727 At2k Airtank Bottle Expansion

Posted by robo7fish on 05 June 2005 - 08:12 PM in Modifications

I don't understand. How is it semi-automatic?

Hmm...Well...Not necessairly semi-automatic. You can just get off more than one shot before you need to pump it up again. So..it's pump,fire,fire,fire,fire,fire. Understand?

Edit: ssgtsiler beat me to it.

#56722 At2k Airtank Bottle Expansion

Posted by robo7fish on 05 June 2005 - 07:47 PM in Modifications

While fooling around with a slightly messed up AT2k today, I decided to expand the small airtank of the AT2k. First I washed all the goo out of the liquitron, poked a hole in the rubber seal, and cut about a 1/4'' section of the good tank. I then proceeded to take a water bottle and make a hole in it's cap large enough to fit over the very bottom of the goo tank. I applied a generous amount of hot glue around the tank and cap and cut up my case to fit everything in. The results with stock micros were as follows:

Range: 3 70' shots, 2 30' shots
Pumps: 60 for a full tank

Well, not too great. 60 pumps for 5 shots isn't the best in the world, but at least it's a kinda semi-automatic AT2k. I think I also have a small air leak which may be giving me mediocre results. I wouldn't really reccomend doing this, but oh well.

BTW: This gun is a Crayola/PVC breech. PVC is 7.5'' long.

Posted Image

Edit: Just checked, and I have no airleak.

Edit2: I lied. I did have an airleak, but I think I fixed it.

#55415 Nf Question

Posted by robo7fish on 22 May 2005 - 01:51 PM in Modifications

When I had PVC over my Crayola it shot like shit. I just have a Crayola now and I get about 60'.

How was the spring too powerful? Isn't that a good thing?

#53522 Nf Problems

Posted by robo7fish on 25 April 2005 - 10:56 PM in Modifications

I may be wrong, but I believe you need a piece of Crayola at the beginning of the barrel glued to the air restrictor. This way you put the your Micro/Stefan in the crayola and the PVC acts more like a stabilizer. I wouldn't take my advice until a more experienced Nerfer replied.

#53811 Titan Questions

Posted by robo7fish on 29 April 2005 - 09:57 PM in Modifications

I think it might depend on what ammo you are using....Stefan Megas or Micros?

And I believe the only way to get through Epoxy is with some sort of saw. I hope this helps.